Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: BFRO KITTITAS COUNTY
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 5136 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, October 23, 2002. Multible witnesses hear loud screams and have rocks thrown into camp near Cle Elum lake
YEAR: 1992

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: June

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Kittitas County

LOCATION DETAILS: From Cle Elum take highway 903 through Roslyn. Highway 903 turns into Salmon La Sac Road. We camped several miles down the road between the road and the resevoir.

NEAREST TOWN: Roslyn

NEAREST ROAD: Salmon La Sac Road

OBSERVED: I was on a two day camping trip with several other adult volunteers and a group of about ten inner city youth. We went out past Roslyn from Cle Elum toward Salmon La Sac and the Wenatchee National Forest. There were many small dirt roads off Salmon La Sac road leading down to the resevoir on the left. We decided to camp down one of these small road between the resevoir and the main road. It was not a campground, but had some decent places for tents and had been used by campers before as evidenced by a fire ring. There was another tent camper a few hundred yards away. The weather was poor. It began raining on the trip up and kept raining and drizzling off and on the entire time we were out there. After unpacking all our gear and getting camp set up we began to notice medium sized rocks (golf ball to baseball sized) flying into our camp. At first we thought it may have been one of the kids goofing around, but after an hour or so we had accounted for all the kids and the rocks kept up. We continued to have rock thrown into our camp until the next morning. In addition, roughly ten times during the night we heard very loud screams coming from further down our side of the resevoir. We were a little worried because we weren't sure who or what was screaming. If we weren't so far from a town we would have called the police for fear that someone was being hurt. We took turns keeping watch until morning because of the wierd stuff going on. At daybreak we decided to cut our trip short and head home. The weather, rocks, and screams were just too much for some volunteer counselors to handle. I didn't think of the possibility of sasquatch until several years later when I heard recordings of sasquatch screams that closely matched what we had heard that night.

OTHER WITNESSES: There were three other adult volunteers and about ten children. They all heard the screams and saw the rocks but had a hard time coming up with reasonable explanations.

OTHER STORIES: yes there have been others with simular things happening.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: From late afternoon to daybreak the next day. It was raining/drizzling off and on the entire time.

ENVIRONMENT: It was a fairly heavily treed area between Salmon La Sac road and the resevoir. We camped in an area that opened out onto a beach.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

I have been to this general area; it is heavily wooded and in close proximity to wilderness areas.

The witness, SF, along with two other adults and ten children, experienced rock throwing throughout the day and night. The rock throwing began shortly after hard rainfall commenced; all members of the group were accounted for.

Screeching screams, sounding like a woman in pain but much louder, were heard about ten times throughout the night. SF did not initially relate these events to bigfoot activity until later, when he heard possible bigfoot recordings on the Internet. No unusual smells were noted.

About BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

Paul is a contractor and a musician,and life long outdoorsman. He attended the following expeditions: Washington (Oly Pen - 2) and Washington (Oly Pen - 3)cascades (1)and oregon(tillamok) and has been researching the sasquatch subject for over 20 years.

Post subject: Re: BFRO KITTITAS COUNTY
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 am 

Quote:
Report # 1996 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, March 20, 2001. Screams wake campers on consecutive nights at Cle Elum Lake
YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

LOCATION DETAILS: from Cle Elum, drive ten miles northwest on highway 903, then turn west on forest service road 112

NEAREST TOWN: Cle Elum

NEAREST ROAD: highway 903

OBSERVED: I saw the story about the BFRO on animal planet's Animal X show and the tape recorded "calls" you were using to attract Sasquatch was exactly what I heard about while camping on Lake Cle Elum in central Washington state.
My Mom and i had gone camping for the weekend and Saturday morning she claimed she heard the most terrible screaming sound the night before that lasted a few hours.I'm a heavy sleeper so I told her to wake me up if the sound continued that night as well. Around four in the morning she woke me up and told me to listen. It wasn't long before I heard the screaming that sounded like nothing either of us had heard before. It was also very very loud. We left the tent and everyone around us in all the other campsites was awake too.The sound was exactly what I heard on your recording. A chill still runs down my spine when I hear it.

ALSO NOTICED: There were also gunshots with the screaming.

OTHER WITNESSES: The only other witness I was in contact with was my mother.Although,There were many other people in the campsite.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was dark, the night was clear and cool.

ENVIRONMENT: Thick pine forest surrounded by mountain ridges.

Follow-up investigation report:

Witnesses were camping at the Wish Poosh on the north end of Cle Elum Lake. They were not the only ones at that spot that evening, there were an estimated 30+ people.

Around 0400 hours in the morning the witnesses were awakened by a sound that never changed pitched, and was to be estimated to be the only one in the area. As the two came out of their tent, they noticed some of the other campers around them were trying to figure out the sound.

The incident lasted around five minutes with each scream lasting in the neighborhood of about 6 seconds. According to mother, it was nothing she has heard before or since.

Q&A
Q: Do you camp at that area anymore?
A: "No, we haven't been back to that spot since it happened. We usually go camping that time of year, but won't go back to Wish Poosh Campground."

"Sound was comparable to a woman screaming in pain and a cougar, I have heard cougars scream before and there was no way it was a cougar."

Q: What direction did the scream originate?
A: “It was to the north I believe, not coming from across the lake, but up on the hills above us."

Q: You think there was more than one?
A: "No, it sounded like it was the only one, the pitch sounded the same every time, it screamed several times, don't know how long I was asleep and it awakened me."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:04 am 

Quote:
Report # 9175 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Just before daybreak, camper hears loud vocalization near Lost Lake
YEAR: 1991

DATE: 13

NEAREST TOWN: Easton

NEAREST ROAD: I-90

OBSERVED: Me my wife and my friend and his wife and two children were camping at lost lake. Lost lake is in Kittitas county in washington state, near snoqualmie pass. Lost lake is about 15 miles from I-90, up an old logging road. We were the only people camping there at the time. It was the year 1991, when this happened. We had all went to sleep, M. and R. and his children (my friends) were sleeping in a tent, located about 30 feet away from our vehicles. My wife and I were sleeping under a tarp that we had hung from a couple trees, located next to the vehicles. At about 5:00 am in the morning something awoke me. Even the crickets had stopped chirping and it was dead silent. I dont sleep very sound the first night i am out in the woods and we all had firearms with us. I had my 45 auto under my pillow. Well anyway, I woke up and set up on my elbows to see if i could see what had woke me up. However, M's Chevy Blazer was parked right next to us so I couldnt see what was behind it. Then this animal screamed at me from the other side of the Blazer. The sound is hard to discribe but what ever it was grunted twice and then let loose with a low blood curdling scream and then beat on its chest about six times, and then it was totally quiet. I didnt here it walk off, and believe me i was listening as good as I could. I guess I could have stood up and looked on the other side of the Blazer and saw what it was, but I really didnt what to know. Even with my gun I didnt feel safe, and it sounded big. I am a hunter and have been out in the woods several times and I have never heard anything like that before or since. No animal that I know makes a sound like that and it wasnt human.

ALSO NOTICED: I looked for tracks in the morning, but the ground was gravel and hard packed so nothing would have left tracks unless it was running and this thing didnt run away, I would have heard it.

OTHER WITNESSES: No

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 5:00 to 6:00 am, right before daybreak. Clear night, no clouds or rain.

ENVIRONMENT: A lake, surrounded by woods with a logging road next to it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:05 am 

Quote:

Report # 423 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Mike L. on Monday, October 09, 2000. Daylight sighting by fisherman near Easton, Washington
YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 8th

LOCATION DETAILS: Take the FR 4828 exit off I-90 and head north about 2 miles. It was spotted BEFORE reaching the cabins and after passing some snowmobile turn-offs.

NEAREST TOWN: Easton

NEAREST ROAD: FR 4828

OBSERVED: Traveling North in a 4x4 truck on road FR 4828 in Easton, WA, me and a friend made a sighting of something that resembled a bigfoot.

We were about 2 miles down the road from the I-90 interchange and came to a point where we could see about 200 yards up the road. Further up we saw what looked like a person walking in the other lane heading towards us, but on the shoulder.

We were traveling at about 40mph and as we got closer to this figure, we soon realized that this thing looked to be all one color (black) and was walking in an odd fashion, like it had a swagger to it.

We almost immediately knew that this thing wasn't a person, but was something else. My friend immediately told me to stop the car, which I eventually did. I watched this thing and could see that it was quite large, or bulky, because the arms and legs looked pretty huge. There was no features I could make out, it was all one color.

My friend told me to back up and was starting to panic a bit. I reluctantly did and about the same time the thing headed off into the woods, but was still near the shoulder of the road. It began moving branches on trees with what appeared to be considerable force. I continued to back up and took one more glance down the road, where I saw that this thing had returned to the shoulder of the road and was walking towards us again.

We then turned around and headed back to I-90 where I dropped my friend off and went back to look again. On the way back to I-90 at least 3 other cars passed us in the other direction, so I didn't have much hope that it would stick around. Sure enough, when I got back there, I saw no sign of it.

ALSO NOTICED: There were some people parked, and near their cars, just after exiting I-90.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two. We were commenting on how pretty the leaves looked since they were turning color.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 1pm on a sunny, calm day with temps around 70 degrees.

ENVIRONMENT: On a road surrounded by forest walking on the West side heading South.

A & G References: Pg. 65, B7

This is the first of two recent reports in the same general area within the same three week period.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:06 am 

Quote:
Report # 175 (Class C)
Submitted by witness M.P. on Wednesday, August 02, 2000. Campers encounter large animal near Cle Elum
YEAR: 2000

DATE: 30

LOCATION DETAILS: If you follow the road through Cle Elum on through Roslyn and Ronald and then about 15 miles more you will come to a guard station on you right. You take an immediate right up the hill on a dirt road. Follow that road almost exactly 9 miles up and you will come to a camp area on your left with a fairly large open field. That is where we were camped.

NEAREST TOWN: Ronald

NEAREST ROAD: FR 4315

OBSERVED: We were having a family reunion and on saturday night everybody was having a good time. When everybody decided to settle down for the night it was about 1-2:00 in the morning. On Sunday morning one of the family members who had slept in a tent said that they had here a growl type high pitch yell they sounded almost man like but with power behind it. Enough power that it seemed to have come off of the mountain side that was behind us.

While talking about it one other family member claimed that they heard it also. They both agreed that it was about 5:00am when the grumble occured.

That following night everybody was cooking dinner on the barbecue's, steak, hamburger,etc. At about 10:00pm we decided to go the the "frog ponds" is what we called it. Parts of the creek that cut through land and made little swimming holes. A half hour later and only one frog, we decided to go down stream, cut through camp and go about 50 yards out.

We were all four having a good time laughing and joking around when we came to a little road that seemed to lead to a camp next to ours that was empty. Then this awful smell like human feces, maybe even worse, was in the air. We thought nothing of it and was joking about somebody passing gas. Granted we had two dogs with us, one an 8 yr. old german shepard and a 6 yr. old husky.

We all heard this rustle in the heavily wooded area to our right. Thinking that it was a deer or elk we all got down low and shined our flashlights hoping to catch a glimpse of the animal. Then we heard another rustle, very loud, like it was pushing over trees only coming in our direction. Then two very heavy thuds that were to close to being human like then a deer maybe even a bear was heard, and like cowards, maybe smart ones, we ran back to camp.

All of that happened in a matter of seconds which seemend like minutes. After we calmed ourselves and grabbed a gun, three of us headed back determined to figure out what it was. The fourth was so terrified she was sick to her stomach. We found nothing to be in the area and no other sounds were heard.

Although we didn't realize it at the time there was absolutly no odor in the air surrounding us. And we also realized that the dogs that were with us had no reaction to what happened either. We preceded to go back to camp and tell some of the others. Five more men got there guns and went to look for tracks. Still no odor and nothing was really found in the darkness.

One witnessed a den like area across a marsh type area of the creek. Where it seemed that something had just made itself comfortable for a while to rest.

What ever was out there we felt that it knew we were coming before we even knew what was going on. It seemed like it wasn't even scared or intimidated by us to turn and run away. It did just the oppisite.

The terror we felt was more then anything I've ever felt before. We brought or tents in the middle of camp after deciding not to let the fear make us pack up and leave.

OTHER WITNESSES: There were four of us that was actually there when the incident took place. Walking up the road/trail hoping to find some frogs.

OTHER STORIES: When all of this was done one of the family members, a sherrif, told us that when he was younger he was out hunting with his dad I think. He said that just on top of a ridge he saw something that appeared to be digging. He just curiously kept watching when what ever it was stood straight up two legged, looked at him, turned walked about 10 steps like a human and then ran over the ridge.

Another story followed about my great uncle when he was hunting but I don't recall the details. What he saw scared him to death and he won't talk about it to this day.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was about 10:30pm. The area was pretty dark and the weather was more warm and humid then normal.

ENVIRONMENT: Where we were camped it was pretty open. Right behind us was a creek about 30 feet away. Across the road is a mountain that is pretty heavily wooded along with a mountain that was a good distance away on the other side of the creek. The creek was fairly wide. Some areas deep enough to swim in and others were shallow enough to walk across or just wade in. Huckleberries and some spotted wild raspberries were around the area as well.

A & G References: Pg. 65, B8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:06 am 

Quote:

Report # 1687 (Class A)
Submitted by witness anonymous on Tuesday, February 02, 1988. Sasquatch seen while father and son were hunting elk
YEAR: 1997

SEASON: Unknown

MONTH: October

DATE: 25

LOCATION DETAILS: We were camped at the American River National Forest Campground and that morning we crossed the river behind camp and were hunting the ridge.

We drove south on hwy 410 to Halfway Flats and turn onto a road going into the mountains, the road that lead to the boys was caved in and there was at least a 500 foot drop so we went to look for another way in. We drove up this little game trail in my Bronco II, that thing can go anywhere, anyway we came out on this giant cliff.

OBSERVED: My son and I saw a sasquatch while hunting elk in the Naches area about one mile south of Halfway Flats on a Butte. I wanted to go back and check it out further but no one would come with me. By the time I talked my two son's into going back to look the snow was too deep to get back in.

There were four of us, my two sons and their friend. We hunted for about four hours and my youngest and I decided to go back to camp and drive around and pick up the other kids. I left my guns with the two boys and went back with my youngest to camp he carried a 30-30 winchester. The walk back to camp was uneventful.

We could see where the boys were but couldn't get to them by car so we radioded them to go back to camp. I forgot to tell you that we had three radios. I carry one and each of the boys carry one. We then heard what we thouth were elk coming up the cliff. We sat and listened for a while and then went to investigate. On the way to the area of the noise I noticed a tall dark tree trunk in the bushes, but keept going to the area that we thought the noise came from. We looked around and found no evidence of elk and decided to go back to the car.

On the return trip I notice the tree trunk looked odd so I asked my son for his 30-30 winchester. I looked at the "tree trunk" and the hair on the back of my neck stood up, I was about 25 yards from it and it looked like it had eyes and they moved. My son said to come on back because he had seen it earlier and said it was just a tree. We went back to the car and he imediately locked the car door and told me to get the hell out of there. He had told me that it was a tree because if the bigfoot killed me he would be next. Yes he said he saw it move and when it's eyes moved he said he almost went bananas. It was almost black with alot of gray hair. It was about 6-7 feet tall no neck very wide. I'm going back in the spring just make sur it really wasn't a tree. I'm about 90% sure we saw what we saw, but there still is some doubt. My son is 100% sure he saw it.

A & G References: Pg. 49, A8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:07 am 

Quote:
Report # 1394 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Lydia Huff on Saturday, August 30, 1997. Campers hear loud guttral, high pitched sceams.
YEAR: 1997

DATE: 5

LOCATION DETAILS: On the border of Wenatche National Forest. Free Campsite right. Right next to a river, timber and logging roads.

NEAREST TOWN: Teanaway

NEAREST ROAD: I-90

OBSERVED: Just as dawn was breaking my 2 year old son, (who refused to sleep in the tent, which is why I was still sitting by the fire)and I heard a low, hollow, bone chilling scream. It was a sound I could only classify as a big foot. It had LUNG CAPPACITY! It was also high pitch as well as very deep and it was intentional. Because the cry started went on for a minute or so (It seemed like forever) and abruptly stopped. Then a small pause. Then the Exact, Same Cry again. Beginning length of noise and an abrupt silence. There were Three all together. My son asked me what it was and I couldn’t tell him. I finally said, I think it's a bigfoot.

It was July of 1997 and we were the early campers who had arrived on Wed. Most of the other vacationers wouldn’t be out until Friday. My theory is that the bigfoot was headed down to the water for his/her morning bath/drink and saw all of the tents and vehicles and yelled back to whoever "The freaken Campers are Here!" As a warning.

The sound We Heard was Indescribable. Guttural, hollow, High pitched and intentional. Unless Pavarati was in the Forrest playing tarzan (I’m kidding), It was a bellow that carried over the valley, and it was scary, and when it was just cut off at the end, the sound didn’t die out, it was loud, and then it was over.

ALSO NOTICED: None. It was as if it never happened.

OTHER WITNESSES: Cuddling by the campfire. My son two years old freaked out every time we attempted to sleep in the tent. I resorted to just stay awake, the whole camping ground neighbors were getting pissed off, they wanted to sleep.

ENVIRONMENT: Right before the road forks into dirt roads. At the free camping ground. Its all Boise cascade timber land. Right next to a river, the river has its far bank side touching a kind of canyon wall. the campsite is between the river and the paved road. on the other side of the road, it starts out a little higher than the road and goes right into the forest/hills. There are horse trails there and sometimes the farmers cattle roam free there. I haven't been across the road, and I'm scared to go now.

Within a mile or two there is a Wenatchee National Forest sign.

A & G References: Pg. 66, C2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 am 

Quote:
Report # 1160 (Class B)
Submitted by witness L.M. on Tuesday, January 09, 2001. Woman hears unrecognizable vocalizations near Cle Elum
YEAR: 1996-97

SEASON: Winter

NEAREST TOWN: Cle Elum WA

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 10, across the river from I-90

OBSERVED: I live in Cle Elum Wa. During the winter of 96-97, which is the winter we in the Upper County had an accumulative 17+ ft. of snowfall, my little herd of seven horses was boarded on a mountainside pasture 7 miles east of our house, at a place along and above the Yakima River.

It was in the middle of winter, maybe January, that I heard something, and it was like nothing I have ever heard before.

To feed the horses, we had to drive up a long, somewhat winding driveway. But, with the snowfall, we couldn't get my truck up that steep drive, so we ended up going out late each night with two bales of hay in the back of my SO's Subaru. We had to drag those bales up on foot, from the road. It was tiring work, because of the deepness of the snow and the steep incline of the drive. We'd had to dig a little spot through the plowed snowbanks to park the car just in case someone came along the road, as it was not really wide enough for cars to pass. (It was so deep that one horse walked out over on top of the barbed wire fence, without a scratch on him.)

My BF (boyfriend, not BigFoot) worked late, and would not get home til 10 or 11, and we'd go out to feed most nights around midnight or shortly thereafter. After feeding the horses in the open corral behind the barn, I would sometimes walk
out into the darkness beyond the barn, and howl to see if the coyotes in the area would answer me, which they often did. (The house was fairly isolated along this canyon road. I wouldn't have done this if there was a possibility of getting shot by a neighbor.)

One night, after directing my call to the east, where the coyotes usually were, something very big answered with a howl of its own from the hillside behind me. It had amazing lung power...it was extremely loud! It scared me a bit, as I did
not know what the animal could be...it was most definitely no dog nor coyote nor wolf.

I only had a weak flashlight with me, and I couldn't see what it was that made that call. I was not going to go up and find out what was up there.

The only other person who was there was my SO, George. He jokingly said it was just someone's rottweiler, but I told him that was no dog. There was a summer cabin further up the mountain on the one road that goes up on top, but that road is not kept clear by the county, and there were no snowmobile tracks up there during this time from the highway.

What is up in that general vicinity of where the howler was, are a couple of year round springs, and we had salt/mineral blocks up there during good weather. (Also, I have a small flock of chickens, and when they passed on, I would bury them in warmer weather but in the winter, would take their bodies out near the tree line for the coyotes. We had a stray dog come in and dig her way into my chicken yard and house and butcher quite a few of them.)

One of my Appy geldings was acting very strangely quite often...he would always bring up the rear of the herd when I would call them in, and he often acted like he was on alert for something. I could never figure out why that was, but he would not want to go in to the corral to eat with the others. I would almost have to drag him in there. He would keep looking out towards the dark, out towards the trees, and would be very nervous. I would walk out in that direction, shining the biggest flashlight we had, but could never see anything that would make him act so spooky. Coyotes answering me were always distant, and when we would see deer or elk in the daytime, they never bothered or got any
reaction from any of the horses.

We went home, and I kept insisting to George that what answered me was no dog....I have been around dogs all my life. (I know dogs, he does not.) It didn't sound like a dog or wolf howl as it was much deeper, and of course had much more volume than any dog or other canine would be capable of.

It was a year or so ago that I came across some bigfoot sites, and I played some of the recorded .wav files. I got chills when I heard the one howl recorded in Columbiana County, Ohio, as it was almost exactly what I heard that night that
winter, but what I heard was much much closer to me.

I also noted that in this county, just a few months after this experience, a woman heard a bigfoot in the Teanaway area, which would be just north of where my horses were kept.

I believe what I heard was a bigfoot. I should point out that I did not feel threatened in any way when this happened..it scared me due to the (guesstimated) size of the creature that
howled back at me, and the fact that I did not know what it was, but I didn't feel the need to turn and run for safety.

Had I an inkling that it was indeed a lost or stray dog, or that it belonged to someone in the area, I would never have simply left it there. I would have gone to try to coax it to me, or followed up on finding dogtracks, etc. and gotten the dog some help. (Not only for the dog's sake, but stray dogs can harass or harm horses, and I wouldn't leave any dog to cause problems for my horses. Horses must conserve every bit of energy they have, esp. in such a harsh winter as that one. I HAVE contacted people about any dog that has harassed my horses, as I had to do prior to that winter when my horses were harassed by a border collie mix. I didn't want to have to have the dog shot.) Had I thought it was a wolf, I would also have done something to protect my horses.

ALSO NOTICED: Just the one horse who acted as though he was on alert that winter, often not wanting to go into the always open corral behind the barn where we'd feed. I would manage to get him in to eat, but it took some coaxing and effort to do so.

OTHER WITNESSES: One witness besides myself. We were feeding horses.

OTHER STORIES: Just the incident on your site the following July, in the Teanaway area north of this incident.

The elderly couple there lived there for years. At the time this happened, Aub (the man) was in the hospital in Seattle for burns suffered earlier that previous fall. His wife would NOT stay in that house at night, alone. She lived with her daughter during that winter. Blanche was scared to death to be alone at night..I often spent the night there with her, and if I didn't get there before dark, she would sit at the dining room table with a loaded handgun in front of her. (A .38? not sure of the caliber.)

I have someone to talk to who is in Roslyn..he says his uncle has told stories of encounters but I don't know if it's Kittitas County where the encounters happened. He is hard to catch, but I do hope to interview him soon.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: I think it was January, but not sure of the exact month.

The weather was cold and clear. There was a LOT of snow that winter...in the "Upper County" there was 17"+ that fell, beginning November 18th through March.

This happened late at night, anywhere from 11:30 to 12:30 or 1:00 am. (We fed horses late at night and the times varied.)

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, pastureland, not much undergrowth. There are a couple of year round springs near where the creature was, so if it needed water, there was water there, without it needing to get down to the Yakima River. I believe the mountain this was on is called Hart Mountain.

There is a barn there, and house, which was unoccupied at the time. Nearest neighbor is about a mile down the road. There was also a summer cabin up on Hart Mt. Rd. There are now more houses up there, since the land was subdivided and sold.

A & G References: Pg. 66, C2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am 

Quote:
Report # 77 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Dyann & Glenn M. on Saturday, July 29, 2000. Couple hear vocalizations while camping at Milk Lake
YEAR: 1983

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: ?

LOCATION DETAILS: I haven't been there in years, but an area map would have Milk Lake on it, and the pond is on the way up to it, they clear cut the area, about the time we stopped going there, wasn't as pretty any more.

NEAREST TOWN: Yakima

NEAREST ROAD: Chinook pass hyway 410

OBSERVED: We had driven into Milk pond, up Chinook pass, about 30 miles from Yakima, Washington. We were headed to Milk Lake, thats up about 5-7 miles above the pond, we got into the spot late, so we just drove past the pond and found a small area we could part our truck and cabover camper. We ate a quick dinner, and went to bed, we never walked around or made any noise, so I don't think they evey knew we were there. You couldn't see our truck from the pond. In the middle of the night, The frogs from the pond stopped croking, and this loud whistling and clicking noise started, I asked my Husband what it was, and he said he thought it was a Bigfoot. It went on for about 15 min. Then stopped. The next morning I walk all around the pound, hope to see a foot print but didn't. We then went up the hill to the lake. No other people were aound, and while we were fishing we heard the strangest thing, it sounded like someone picked up a 55 gallon metel drum and threw it on the ground, I went in the direction of the noise, but could see or hear anything, but we had thet feeling of being watched. very creapy. So we left. Keep up the good work, i think they are very interesting, would like to meet one, and give them a bag to carry thing in, I think they would like that. Dyann

ALSO NOTICED: we thought it was weird the frogs stopped, usally if it was a deer, or Elk, they just keep on croking, but the stopped.

OTHER WITNESSES: my husband, Glenn. we had a tape recorded, but didn't think to record it till it was gone.

ENVIRONMENT: pine forest, you have to drive up to get to the lake, not many people know about it, and the last mile you have to hike in, so alot of people don't hike, I know about it , because I use to be in Search and Rescue, and we had a little boy drown in the lake, and we had to go up nad find him, it's a merky water, thats why it's called Milk Lake, so he was hard to find.

A & G References: Pg 49, A8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 am 

Quote:
Report # 1895 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Esther Thiesen on Sunday, March 04, 2001. Four hunters find large tracks in snow outside their camp
YEAR: 1970

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: November

DATE: 22

LOCATION DETAILS: 28 miles NE of Ellensburg - 1 mile from Clockum Game reserve. on the Rue and Cook Canyon roads.

NEAREST TOWN: Cle Elum

NEAREST ROAD: I 90

OBSERVED: Joe Hester called me about some footprints that they found after setting up an elk hunting camp. They were in deep snow and we tracked them down below snow level. They were 19 1/2 inches long and 9 inches wide. My husbands boots were size 15, he is 6'8" tall and weighs more than 200 lbs with a 38" inseam. The strides were enormous. Tracks led away from camp.

ALSO NOTICED: One hunter checked a week before and saw animals all over but they noticed nothing while there except a cow and calf.

OTHER WITNESSES: Joe Lori Hester (Kent), Emerson Ester Rowell (Westport) and Bob Jean Willson (N. Seattle)

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Found them before noon. Camp lasted 10 days

ENVIRONMENT: 6,500' elevation.

A & G References: Pg. 67, C6