Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: BFRO OKANOGAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:11 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 16994 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, December 16, 2006. Daylight sighting by fisherman at Lake Chopaka
YEAR: 1996

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 23rd

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Okanogan County

LOCATION DETAILS: From Loomis head north on Loomis-Oroville Rd. turn west onto Toats Coulee Rd. follow around until road heads south, turn heading west onto Chopaka Mt. Rd. and follow it in a north westerly fashion up the hill until it forks at Chopaka Lake Rd. and follow it until it dead ends at the DNR camp area at Chopaka Lake.

First sighting the creature was around:
48 54' 53.31" N 119 41' 42.42" W

Second sighting was around:
48 54' 48.08" N 119 41' 26.34" W

NEAREST TOWN: Loomis

NEAREST ROAD: Chopaka Lake Rd.

OBSERVED: My father, grandfather, and myself were on a fishing vacation that spanned many areas in the northern part of the state of Washington. One of our pit stops was at one of our favorite lakes, Lake Chopaka where the trout are huge, hungery, and numerous. I was out on the lake with a tired arm and a grumble in my belly so I slowly headed toward camp. I arrived at camp and fixed myself a sandwich, the time is around noon. As I sat and ate my sandwich I scanned the lake to figure out where I would fit amongst the other anglers when I returned to the water. About halfway through my scan, my eyes stopped on what I thought was a guy trying to get cell phone service (yes the giant phones of 1996 did kinda work at the top of the small hill) on a little hill directly across from the boat launch. Upon further examination I thought it was odd that the person was wearing a fur coat. At this point I went into the camper to get some binoculars so I could get a better look at the "bear". Upon even further examination, this time at 12x zoom I thought it was odd that the bear had really long arms, walked on two legs just as easy or more so than myself, and had a relatively short head with ape like features for a face. I watched for probably five minutes or so as the creature lurked around the tree line at the top of the hill, and just like that it stepped over a fallen tree and disapeared into the shadows of the trees. Confused and thinking myself delirious from the ravenous hunger developed from a long morning of hauling in heavy trout, I placed the sighting in the back of my mind. Out on the lake again, I was prepared just incase the "ape bear cell phone guy" showed it's self again. Sure enough at about 1300 (1:00pm) or so movement caught my eye near a copse of trees by a rockslide on the bigger hill across the lake. I gave it a good look at 12x and sure enough it was the same thing I saw about an hour before. And after about 2 minutes it disapeared from view into the copse of trees it was lurking near. My dad asked me what I was looking at and I told him "Sasquatch" and he gave me a head shake and said I was crazy. So here I am now writing to you, the only people I have told this story to other than my dad, about the 6.5' to 7' tall, dark reddish brown fur covered, bipedal, short headed, ape faced, no necked, long armed, NOT A BEAR!, sneaky creature that I saw at Lake Chopaka on 23rd, May 1996 at or around noon and again around an hour later.

ALSO NOTICED: The only thing that struck me odd that entire week and every place I went in the northern part of the state, bear activity was higher than I had ever seen it... 15 bear in several different areas all near roads. So, I had seen many bear spanning that week and what I had seen at Chopaka was not a bear!

OTHER WITNESSES: It was a happening place all week and I wasnt the only one there that had eyeballs. I'm sure there was somebody else that saw it.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, and that is why I am submitting this report. The day after we left the area some folks took video images of Bigfoot. And you folks have logged several other sightings in the area.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: around noon, blue sky pleanty of sunshine

ENVIRONMENT: Mountainous scrub sage brush/ pine and fir forrest

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Derek Freel:

I contacted the witness on 03/21/2007. He is now living in Arizona.

He had no way to accurately gauge the height, but thought the animal was taller than an average man. His guess at the height was between 6.5 and 7 feet tall. The height estimate is based in part on the height of a fence that the animal was walking along; the fence was approximately 5 feet tall.

The witness describes the animal's face as hairless with very wide set eyes, a flat nose and a nearly flat muzzle. He believes that the animal he saw was male; the animal's chest was completely flat and covered in hair. The witness also noticed a "suspicious bulge" that would indicate male genitalia. However the witness was not one hundred percent certain as to what this bulge was.

Unbeknownst to this witness when he reported the incident to the BFRO, his incident happened less than a week before the famous "Memorial Day Footage" was captured. That footage was obtained very near to this location, on the same lake. This information had not been published anywhere previously.

About BFRO Investigator Derek Freel:

Derek Freel grew up near Okanogan, Washington, and currently lives in the Kennewick area. He has studied the subject of sasquatch for many years, and was very lucky to have encountered the animals on several BFRO Expeditions. Derek is taking an active role in bringing these animals into mainstream science. He attended the 2005 Washington Expedition, 2006 Redwoods Expedition, 2006 Oregon Expedition and the 2006 Washington Expedition.

Post subject: Re: BFRO OKANOGAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:18 am 

Quote:
Report # 16518 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, November 05, 2006. Hunter hears guttural scream while on overnight hike outside of Oroville
YEAR: 2006

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 20

LOCATION DETAILS: directions are as follows: from oroville pass through nighthawk then turn right on chopaka rd just before palmer lake. travel halfway down chopaka road to BLM hunter access point. climb 3/4 up the east saddle between chopaka and hurley mt.

NEAREST TOWN: nighthawk

NEAREST ROAD: chopaka rd

OBSERVED: I am new to hunting but I have spent my whole life hiking in the woods. This potential incident happened on a deer hunt. After seeing a herd of does, I found a buck trail leading uphill. I followed the buck trail trying to find sign like, feces or tree marks. I would come across some fresh buck feces every hundred yards up the saddle between Chopaka and Hurley mountain. I saw buck sign everywhere, I marked it with a buck tarsal scent gland from a fresh deer kill from my friend. I continued following the buck trail and signs up some very steep country with lots of boulders and dangerous rock fields. I finally found and spooked whatever I was following; I never saw it but it stormed off over a rock field before I could get sight of it to shoot. I am assuming it was a buck or sheep or mountain goat. The fresh deer sign ended here and I decided to continue up, following old deer sign and camp. It got very, very steep; I climbed approximately 2000 foot of gain to about 3/4 of the way up the saddle. I was too tired to reach the top of the saddle, so I camped on the back side of a large tree in the midst of boulder fields. There were many berry patches with thickets hard to pass through. I built a soft bed for my sleeping bag and built a fire. I saw a large pile of droppings that were black with lots of berries in it, probably bear; they were not round balls like the deer droppings I had encountered before. I used a deer call throughout the day. Sometime after the sun set, maybe 2 hours I heard a frightening scream come from the top of Mount Chopaka. I had an excellent view of the snow covered peak from my slope side camp. I have never heard a sound like this. It was only one guttural scream. I can describe it as a Pterodactyl (flying dinosaur) cry from a movie. It had an extremely loud volume. I slept with my .44 magnum ready for the worse. Nonetheless, I didn't sleep well that night.
A week or so before this incident, me and a buddy were hunting in Chinchelo Creek of the Sinlaheikin (wilderness area), which connects to the same woods as Chopaka. We were using a dying rabbit call and we were sitting on logs waiting for a bear to come out. We both heard a soft yet loud hissing sound pass behind us like a shadow. We saw nothing, it was eerie almost as if a ghost had passed behind us. I also saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye as it passed. This was very creepy. Neither of us have heard anything like this before. My buddy works in the woods all day and has never heard this.

ALSO NOTICED: large pile of black feces composed mostly of berries, not like deer pebbles; possibly bear feces
used deer call and deer tarsal scent from fresh deer.
The coordinates of the scream from Chopaka are as follows. R24-T40-S13. I was hiking up the valley of Hurley Creek to the saddle between Hurley MT and Chopaka. I did not make it to the saddle because of the sheer steepness of the mountain and difficulty hiking in such hostile terrain. The 1973 Pullallup whoop scream featured on bfro.net sounds the most like what I heard.

OTHER WITNESSES: no

OTHER STORIES: The famous Lake Chopaka footage is on the other side of the mountain.

Investigator note-
He is referring to the Memorial Day Footage that was shot at Lake Chopaka

TIME AND CONDITIONS: several hours after sunset
lighting was dark
weather was clear and cold

ENVIRONMENT: a forest of conifer, aspen, and various berry thickets.
the terrain is extremely steep and dangerous with huge rock boulder fields

I spoke to the witness on 11/06/2006, he said that he listened to the recordings posted on bfro.net. He states the 1973 Pullallup whoop scream sounded the most like what he heard. He seemed to know his usual mountain animals and the sounds that they make. The number of reports along with historical accounts coming from this area would suggest a prominent number of sasquatch could be in the area. I belive the witness did not make up his story, and it is a solid possibility that he did indeed hear the vocalization of a sasquatch.
Derek Freel

Derek Freel grew up near Okanogan, Washington, and currently lives in the Kennewick area. He has studied the subject of sasquatch for many years, and was very lucky to have encountered the animals on several BFRO Expeditions. Derek is taking an active role in bringing these animals into mainstream science. He attended the 2005 Washington Expedition, 2006 Redwoods Expedition, 2006 Oregon Expedition and the 2006 Washington Expedition.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:18 am 

Quote:
Report # 16350 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, October 22, 2006. Possible vocalizations heard from campground outside Okanogan

DATE: 18

LOCATION DETAILS: From HWY 20 turn on Loup Loup Canyon Road 4-5 miles to Rock Creek Campground

NEAREST TOWN: Okanogan

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 20

OBSERVED: We arrived late around sunset to set up hunting camp and had finished setting the tent up and had started a fire. No other campers were seen at this camp site, only we were there. the camp site was four-five miles in from hwy 20, with evergreen forest everywhere. sitting down at the fire, the scream commneced which sounded like a low tone scream which to me sounded like a fog horn going off with an abrubt stop after a few seconds. it sounded as if it could have been 1/2 - 1 mile away possibly from the top of the ridge. we were originally lost since this was our first visit and had driven the higer ridge just minutes earlier. if the scream was territorial it may have noticed my vehicle before maybe and screamed.

ALSO NOTICED: no other sounds heard the next 3 days.

OTHER WITNESSES: one other witness hearing the same thing. we were both sitting enjoying the new fire set at the campsite.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1900 or 7pm very dark twighlight after sunset.

ENVIRONMENT: clear night around 60 degrees. steep canyons on both side of the site with running stream creek going past site.

I spoke with this witness by phone and I believe he is credible with respect to this observation.

Also, the general area of this incident has a history of class B encounters, ranging from footprints and screams to the famous Memorial Day Footage. That video clip was obtained just a few miles to the north.

The witness has listened to the recordings on bfro.net and compares what he heard with the Ohio Howl. He said the animal was much closer and the sound much louder than what is heard in the Ohio recording.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:19 am 

Quote:
Report # 16142 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, October 08, 2006. Possible whistles and wood knocks heard between Tonasket and Republic

DATE: 6

LOCATION DETAILS: Off of Hwy 20 between Tonasket and Republic

NEAREST TOWN: Tonasket

NEAREST ROAD: HWY 20

OBSERVED: My husband and I had been cutting firewood just off a mountain road. I was busy cutting off knots from the already cut chunks of wood and my husband was running the noisy chainsaw. Over the noise of the chainsaw I heard a loud snap (brush) and looked over in the direction it came from and saw nothing. I had seen cattle in the area just prior to that but they all ran off when the chainsaw started. No cattle in sight. About an hour later I went over to the pickup truck to get a drink of water and started hearing noises I've not heard in the mountains before. I was raised deep in the mountains so am very familiar with forest sounds.

On the other side of the roadway is a heavily wooded and deep canyon. From that direction I heard a "knocking" sound. Not a woodpecker as this was slow and not too loud. Then I heard a soft whistle and what sounded like a parrot or mynah bird when it's trying to learn to talk. Just kind of "gibberish", then the knocking and the soft whistle. Again, I've heard all kinds of sounds in the mountains, having been raised there, but nothing like this. I walked across the roadway and looked down into the trees, but saw nothing. We returned to the same spot the next day and there was no repeat of this.

OTHER WITNESSES: No other witnesses

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning, overcast.

ENVIRONMENT: Deep, heavily forested canyon.

I spoke with this witness and I have no doubt that she is honestly describing what she heard. It was clear that she was quite familiar with the area and the regular animals there. She grew up on a family farm on a nearby mountain.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:20 am 

Quote:
Report # 15135 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, July 08, 2006. Dusk sighting by a couple near a spring outside Omak

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 28

LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy 155 from Omak and off on side roads.

NEAREST TOWN: Omak

NEAREST ROAD: HWY 155

OBSERVED: Two weeks ago my and my girlfriend were out hunting when we seen something running down the road. it was large and hairy and moved like a mother [It moved fast]. We seen it about 40 to 30 yards away and were already driving kinda fast. I am guessing about 15 to 10 miles an hour. My girlfriend ask me "what is that" I looked to see a hairy head moving along the road. I drove up the road toward the place it was seen. when I reached the place it was already gone. I grabbed my pistol and jumped out to look up the ridge in the direction it was running, nothing, no noise, nothing. My girlfriend was scared and yelling at me to get back in.

Most of the time you hear something running away or hear the hops of a deer running hard, but there was nothing. I backed up the truck to look at the road where it had run and it left no track what so ever. if it was a bear it would have left it's claw print in the hard surface sand. but there was nothing and I looked well. I could see how a big flat foot would leave no print. I asked her what she saw and she said it looked like a large man, she was sure it was a man type animal. you have to take into consideration this all happened in a matter of about 3 to 4 seconds, I mean the first sighting to stoping the car and jumping out. so it all happened fast. so you can guess that puppy was moving. and it was in a place he could not hide to well, no real buck brush or anything.

ALSO NOTICED: it is next to a cow water hole. I go there a lot to get some water, the water is sweet and the source is a underground stream. clean water, sweet tasting. It may have been drinking from the well when we caught it.

OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and girlfriend

OTHER STORIES: I have heard that at a nearby lake people have heard the sounds of something screaming around the lake. making weird screams. they said it sounded like a man who was drunk and large. I live in a small town so we all know what goes on.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was just as the sun was going down.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine Forest

There are plenty of rumors about sasquatches in this area. There are also some prominent legends among native people in this area involving figures of this description.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 am 

Quote:
Report # 16631 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, November 14, 2006. Hunters find possible footprints and possible tree breaks near Winthrop

DATE: 16th

LOCATION DETAILS: [Location specifics removed]

NEAREST TOWN: Winthrop

NEAREST ROAD: Falls Creek road FS 5140

OBSERVED: This hunting season we went to the same place we go every year up Falls Creek Road out side of Winthrop. This is the same place we had rock smashing and wood knocking the year before as I explained in Report # 13487. This year we walked down towards falls creek to check out the area we heard rocks being smashed together the year before out of curiosity. The natural trail that was formed by cattle and deer follows all along the bottom and we use it to walk the bottoms near the creek. 3 of us walked down and as we walked the trail every 10-30 yards were fresh trees broken over at about 5 to 8 feet. These trees were anywhere from 6 - 15 inches in diameter. Something would have to have a lot of strength to pull down and snap and have to be quite tall to grab as well. They were all fresh. These were not wind falls or caused by snow. I can tell the difference. Normally there are a number a trees that are snapped by snow or fallen over by wind. These were random along a trail and where there was a break another tree next to it was fine and probably more susceptible to wind or snow. When we got to the creek at about where we thought we heard the rock smashing from the year before you could see the trail continue on at the other side of the creek as if this was where all the animals crossed the creek at. 2 trees at about 5 feet apart on either side of the trail were both twisted over at their tops. We also had what looks like foot prints coming out of the creek. They were coming out of the creek on a small incline up to the top of the bank. They were about 13-14 inches long and the stride was 4 to 5 feet apart. I am 6' and it was hard for me to maintain that stride. There were 4 prints in total. Some better than others depending on the terrain. It was right next to the creek so it was very hard and rocky. However, all of the prints were deeper than my boot could make. Something definitely heavy made the prints. What was obvious was on all of the tracks the toes were very visible and were very wide at the front and the big toe was to the inside. Being on an incline more of the weight was on the front and less on the back however a heal could be easily scene. It definitely was not a bear doubling up the tracks. We see bear prints all of the time around this area and these were nothing like this. It was raining when we discovered the tracks so it was hard to tell how old they might be. My Dad, my friend, and I are convinced there is something unusual hanging around where we camp given last year and this year.

ALSO NOTICED: We had a tarp set up over our generator with stakes holding it down to keep the rain off of it. The next morning we found it with 2 of the stakes pulled out of the ground. There was 0 wind that night and there were no prints around the generator of any kind (Deer, bear etc.)explaining that something tripped over the rope tied to the stake. The stakes were hard to pull up too. We all thought it was weird.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3 witnesses: my Dad, my friend and myself all following a game trail to Falls Creek.

OTHER STORIES: See Report # 13487

TIME AND CONDITIONS: At about 2:00 in the afternoon. Raining

ENVIRONMENT: Creek Bottom: See Report # 13487 - I gave a detailed description

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 am 

Quote:
Report # 17570 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, February 09, 2007. Possible vocalizations directed at camp of boy scouts near Omak

MONTH: August

DATE: August 1 2006

LOCATION DETAILS: At Grant lake a small Lake on the Colville Indian Reservation

NEAREST TOWN: Nespelem

NEAREST ROAD: State Route 155

OBSERVED: I was one of the leaders for our church Boyscout troop along for our annual week long campout high adventure. We arrived late morning July 31 at the Summit Lake Scout camp at the summit of Disautel pass located on the Colville confederated tribes reservation this is just a short ways off state route 155 in between Nespelem and Omak. I would like to give you as much information leading up to the incident of the evening of August 1st as I believe they are all related.

After arriving and getting the lodge setup. We decided to take a hike. Though we had some planned hikes loaded in our handheld GPS we decided to just pick an open ridge about two miles distant and hike up to it sticking to no trails or roads just bushwacking.

We had to skirt a logging operation which was clearing some thick timber on some very steep slopes using helicopters, to ferry the logs down the slope to more accesable sites to transport it. There was lots of fresh bear sign as there were wild Blueberries and huckleberries on the lower slopes.

The next morning we planned a hike to a lake about 6 miles from our camp the lake is called grant lake I believe? We hiked south down SR 155 to the coyote creek camp ground then to the right down the asphalt rd about a mile into an area where we were supposed to have a permit to enter.

We had the coordinates for the lake loaded into the GPS so we just went cross country until we arrived at the lake it was about 2 miles from the coyote creek camp ground. It is a small crescent shaped lake there was an old hunting camp with a tipi frame and an old travel trailer at one end.

We spent the day napping and talking and the boys swam in the lake and ran around as boys are want to do. It was a nice day we had decided to camp overnight, we had no fires as the area was quite dry. The only wildlife I noticed was a family of Lesser Scaup ducks and a family of Canada geese on the lake. No fresh deer sign there had been some cattle in the area fairly recently, but we saw no cattle.

Around dusk I decided to take a walk up on a rocky ridge a couple hundred yards north of the lake to see if I could get cell coverage to call my wife. As I left the boys were taking an old smoking rack apart and breaking the 3-5inch diameter lodgepole pine logs that it was made of against a tree most of these were rotten so they broke fairly easy but they were making quite a racket.

When I reached the top of the ridge I could hear the sharp cracks as they struck the small logs against the tree. I walked back around the opposite side of the lake back towards our camp keeping an eye out for bear as I know they would start to move around dark as it cooled down, though with the boys so noisy and it being drier at this lower elevation ( not many berries at all) I doubted there were any around. But I felt a little uneasy for some reason?? So I headed back to our camp.

As I approached the camp just before dark I smelled a musty smell like a pack rats den but stronger one of the other leaders commented yeah there is definately a skunk around. But it wasnt a skunk smell not that pungent just musty. So anyway I'm getting to the incident. We got the boys mostly settled and lights out in their sleeping bags about 10-11:00 O'clock I would guess. Shortly after they quieted down there was loud two part call with tremendous volume it was not man made it stated out lower then went to a high crescendo then followed by a shorter lower call. It did not sound like any of your recordings the closest sound I have found on the internet is the call of a male ibbon I believe some kind of Ape. It whatever it was repeated this call three or 4 times and got futher away each time the sound came from a draw at the north end of the lake where the soil was moist and there was fairly thick brush.

I spend alot of time outdoors hiking hunting, and fishing. I have never heard anything like this sound. We had to help one of the boys who had found a leech on him. This was a few minutes after the call.I asked the boys did you hear that noise. They all said yeah what the heck was that. I said I have no idea never heard it before. A couple of the boys joked maybe it's bigfoot. I never really put everything together until later when I got home and the boys comment got me to thinking about the bigfoot possibilty.

So I searched the Internet for bigfoot sounds and found your sight.

After reading most all of the accounts there are some things that many of the other sightings include.

I believe with the logging going on maybe this animal whatever it was was displaced from the thick timber up higher maybe it was attracted by the boys cracking the logs aginst the tree, and the musty smell shortly before the call. This call was very load and powerful and clear.

OTHER WITNESSES: 13 Boyscouts ages 14-18 years and two other adult leaders besides myself. I havent talked to any of them about it since.

OTHER STORIES: None

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Evening Clear and warm

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest

I spoke with the witness. He is credible. The animal could have been a sasquatch. If so, it could have been attracted to the camp because of the noisy commotion of the scouts during the day, and possibly the smell of cooking food.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am 

Quote:
Report # 13487 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 06, 2006. Possible stalking of deer hunters near Falls Creek
YEAR: 2005

DATE: 17th and 18th

NEAREST TOWN: Winthrop

NEAREST ROAD: hwy. 20

OBSERVED: Every year for the past 20 years i have been going my family has a deer hunting camp outside of Winthrop, WA. We stay near Falls Creek and not in a camp ground, but up in the hills. The nearest hunter to us is probably 5 miles away. It is always a good time.

In October of 2005, this last hunting season, we had a stange experience. My friend and I were walking down an old logging landing down to a creek bottom. We were talking and weren't being very quiet. When we got to within 50 yards of the creek, we began to here rocks being smashed together repeatedly. The sound was definitely rocks being slammed together, and it was loud. We figured it was right in front of us about 50-75 yards away. Our first thought was if it wasn't a man how could a bear slam rocks. We figured they would roll them over to look for food or something and wouldn't be able to hold them and slam them together at some points 4-5 times in row.

There are no trails or roads to this creek. You have to walk through thick timber to get to it. Since we were the only hunters in the direct vicinity, we ruled out it was a person doing it. We could barely see anything down at the creek from where we stopped walking cause the timber was so thick. We walked a little closer to see if we could see anything and the rock smashing started up again. We thought it was time to leave and as we walked back to camp it stopped.

The next morning we set out the opposite direction from the rock smashing of the day before. We went up the mountain this time, through a creek draw. I was on one side of the draw walking the edge as my friend was walking on the other side. The draw was wide enough to not hear each other when talking so we used radios. About 1/2 mile from the experience we had the afternoon before my friend radios to me as says he hears something and had a unnerving feeling something was following him just above him on the treeline of the draw. He could not see anything nor could I.

He walked down into the draw and up to my side. We walked up the draw together about another 20 yards when we began to hear what sounded like 2 large sticks being slammed together about 3-5 times in repetition. The higher we walked the more we heard it. We could hear it parallel to us across the draw. After a few minutes we heard it parallel to us and then right away another set of stick slamming sounds came from about 100-150 yards just ahead of us on our side of the draw.

We know we were being followed by something and there was more than one. Afer that we turned around and left. We left for home the very next morning.

ALSO NOTICED: Didn't notice anything unusual. We do however usually notice more deer at least does, in the area. We only saw 1 deer over 4 days. That could have been bad luck though.

OTHER WITNESSES: My friend and myself

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 3:00 P.M. on the 17th and about 7:00 A.M. on the 18th

ENVIRONMENT: Thick creek bottoms of alder, birch trees, and pine trees. The slopes of the hills are mainly pines with old clear cuts and several draws cutting down the slope.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 am 

Quote:
Report # 9392 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, September 27, 2004. Campers hear multiple vocalizations at Loup Loup Campground
YEAR: 1986

MONTH: August

DATE: 15

LOCATION DETAILS: Head north from wenatchee WA.on hiway 97. At the town of Pateros, head up the Methow Valley on hiway 153. Before entering the town of Twisp turn right ( E ) on highway 20. As you reach Loup Loup Pass look for signs for the Loup Loup campground n of the highway.

NEAREST TOWN: Twisp

NEAREST ROAD: highway 20

OBSERVED: Our experience was in the summer of 1986 in the N.central Washington State Cascade Mts. We decided to camp at the Loup Loup pass campground which is located between the towns of Twisp and Brewster in Chelan County. It was an evening that a mild rain would occur and clear off for a short time followed by another mimor storm cell. We arrived at this campground in the mid/late afternoon. The campground had three levels at that time. The upper level was the largest and was on a large flat field. The second level was a bench with a few sites and the third and bottom level was the most remote and bordered a small creek that flowed south east. This creek bottom had very heavy brush. We picked a campsite that was away from the creek and away from the majority of mosquitos and was at the base of the middle bench level of the campground. We pitched our tent and started preparing dinner. At the time we drove in we were the only ones in the campground. Shortly before dusk we heard the first call. As we recall it was a multi-tone report that consisted of high pitched as well as deep guttural roar. I have hunted for years and this was of nothing I had heard in the past. This was not an elk, bear or cougar. At the first call our normally quiet and lethargic dog was excited and aggitated. I took him and my 45 up to the top level as the call came from our E and sounded as if it were on the top level. I got to the top within a few minutes and found nothing. There were no other campers at that time either. We were unsure of the sound but knew it was foriegn to us and was very substantial in depth and volume. After discussing our situation we decided to stay as it was well after dark. All was quiet for maybe an hr. or so then it sounded off again. Ths time it was to the S. and on our level in the brush along the creek.
We decided at that point to spend the night in the car. I am unsure of the exact timing of the calls but it seems that the next one was maybe 1/2-1 hr. later. The following one was maybe 1//2- 1 hr. apart as well but the call was moving to our west and north and was moving up the creek drainage. After the third call we heard a distant call similiar to the one near us. After the close caller sounded off, the distant one did also. It appeared that the two callers were locating and moving toward each other. This went on throught the night until the two were quite close and then the calling ceased. As day broke we saw nothing. I was too cautious to enter the heavy brush in search of tracks but in retrospect I wish I had. We broke camp and left. As we were leaving we found a couple of motor homes that had camped in the first few spaces on the main level and asked them when they had come in and if they had heard anything unusual. They stated that they came in late and heard nothing. They were near the distant edge of the first level. This sound was nothing that my wife and I had ever heard before or since. I wish we would have tried to duplicate it and record it to tape but we did not.

ALSO NOTICED: none

OTHER WITNESSES: none

OTHER STORIES: have not

TIME AND CONDITIONS: From dusk to nearly dawn
dark night with rain, drizzle

ENVIRONMENT: See Text

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

After speaking to J.H. over the phone for over an hour,he sounded very knowledgeable about forest animals.(He is a fireman and raises animals on his ranch). He, his wife, and dog were scouting elk at the time of the incident. They heard the first scream just before dark. He described it as a very deep substantial loud sound, starting out as a guttural groan oscillating to a high-pitched scream. J.H. said this went on from dusk until 4 a.m. He said it was something he had never heard before and by the third scream, the sound really upset and frightened the family, who then locked themselves in their station wagon. They heard another scream far off, which was repeated by the one closer. This went on until the two screamers seemed to have come together. He repeated to me that the sounds were extremely loud, powerful and oscillating. The next morning they were too unnerved to look around, so they packed up and left, although today, he wishes he had stayed and investigated the scene further.

About BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

Paul is a contractor and a musician,and life long outdoorsman. He attended the following expeditions: Washington (Oly Pen - 2) and Washington (Oly Pen - 3)cascades (1)and oregon(tillamok) and has been researching the sasquatch subject for over 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 am 

Quote:
Report # 7597 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, December 20, 2003. Equipment operator finds tracks in three feet of snow near Molson
YEAR: 1993

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 20

LOCATION DETAILS: nine mile road loops back into itself. find it on a topo.map look at the n.e. of the loop. there is two peaks.r28e t40n

NEAREST TOWN: molson

NEAREST ROAD: nine mile

OBSERVED: I rode to work one morning with my boss while logging just off the canadian washington border. We were parked at a landing waiting for it to get light enough to start. My boss stepped out of the pickup and said bigfoot? I said what? I went to his side of the truck to see what he was looking at.There was tracks about 15-16 inchs long. I put my feet in them and fell about 2 feet short of the next one, maybe 5 or 6 feet apart. The tracks continued like that as far as I could see. We were leaving at dark everyday, and arriving before light, and it was snowing just about everyday or night.These tracks were fresh. My boss seen bigfoot while he was logging on the olyimpic peninsula and was convinced they were sasquatch.I wasn't sure just yet. Later while working I got a chill up my spine and the hair on the back of my head stood up like it does on a dog or cat when they sense something. I began flipping my head side to side trying to see something but couldn't see anything but it sure felt like I was being watched. Every now and then I would wind an animal up wind. Could have been a wolf, I spotted one in the area. I did hear what sounded like someone banging a stick on a tree. I followed the sound expecting to find a wood pecker, but seen nothing. We were seeing around 15-20 deer a day before that, and hadn't seen any after that day. A truck driver coming up for a load told us you should have seen all the deer leaving the hill. There must have been 30 maybe 40 down by the road. I thought it could have been that wolf pushing them down, or they just had enough snow. There was 3 feet on the ground in places and temp. was 15 below 0. I asked a friend who logged in Idaho for years if he ever had the hair on the back of head stand up while in the woods. He said only once. He was running a saw and bigfoot walked up behind him. I believe bigfoot was watching us.

ALSO NOTICED: record snow fall that year.a lot of deer didn't make it.

OTHER WITNESSES: My boss and I were the only ones to see. We were more concerned with work.

OTHER STORIES: none

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Everything took place through out the day. Very cold. Typical winter day.

ENVIRONMENT: mountainouse. fir, pine, tamerack, cattle land, rocky ground, secluded

Follow-up investigation report:

Witness has been logging for over twenty years, and this was the first time that he had seen tracks this clear in the woods. He followed them for over ten minutes, down the road and into the logged area. He did get the feeling of hairs standing up on the back of his neck. "I don't know it could have been watching me. It could have circled around me?" His boss had yelled out to him to come back, they had a job to do and no time to follow any tracks.

Witness to this day is still logging and is always on the look out for any evidence.