Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: BFRO PEND OREILLE COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 13503 (Class B)
Submitted by witness RC on Sunday, January 08, 2006. Possible moonlight sighting by prospector outside Metaline Falls City
YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 27

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Pend Oreille County

LOCATION DETAILS: Near Sullivan Lake - [location specifics removed].

NEAREST TOWN: Metaline Falls

NEAREST ROAD: Sullivan Lake Road

OBSERVED:
In July 2005, my son and I were prospecting in Pend Oreille Co,Wa. just outside Metaline Falls City. We had been asleep for a couple of hours when I was awoke by the smell of wet fur. I got up to go relieve myself while looking at the creek when I spotted something walking across the creek about twenty feet away from my truck. I quickly went back to my truck and tried to wake my son to no avail. While doing this I grabbed my rifle and stepped away from the truck where I chambered a round and watched until the figure stopped by a tree next to the bank, then told my son to hit the remote button to unlock the truck and turn on the bed light to shine out towards the creek. This I did several times until I felt safe again. I could not see the figure anymore so I went to bed.

I've been hunting and fishing also prospecting for over thirty years so I know the differance between bears and what I saw in the moon light and it wasn't a bear.

ALSO NOTICED: No animal noises at all, the whole time we were there (a week). Also both of us felt that there was something watching us. A lot of bears
(grizzly)(brown) warnings were posted at the lake.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Night (early morning) bright moon, dry, warm.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, farmland, pond, creek, river.

Follow-up investigation report:

I spoke with the witness. He is credible.

Some information he added:

The overall body reminded him of a gorilla -- very large and muscular with an estimated 1,000lb weight. No neck. Shoulder width estimated at 4'.

The first time he tried to wake his son, his son didn't respond. A few minutes later he tried again. His son acknowledged his request to turn on the cargo light that shines over the bed of the truck. When the light came on the figure walked behind a tree ( he estimated the tree was about 3 ft. wide). Shortly thereafter it left from behind the tree and he could no longer see it. He did not hear it walking away.

The overall observation lasted about 10 minutes. At the closest point it was about 20' away.

Post subject: Re: BFRO PEND OREILLE COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am 

Quote:
Report # 11186 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, April 06, 2005. Possible sighting near Sullivan Lake
YEAR: 2002

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

NEAREST TOWN: Metaline Falls

OBSERVED:

My buddy Terry and I decided to head up for a weekend at Sullivan Lake, to do some fishing, and to just get away from it all. We got to our spot on the lake, a little spot away from the campgrounds on the south end of the lake.

It was a few hours before the sun went down. We had plenty of time to set up a tent and to cook a nice dinner. After we had put out the fire, we both got in our sleeping bags and dozed off. I dont know how long we were out, but some time later in the night, Terry and I were both woken up by some large crash that sounded maybe 100 or so yards away.

When we opened up the tent and got out to investigate, we both looked at eachother and asked eachother, do you smell that? Something in the air smelled musty, almost rotten. We both had our flashlights handy, but because of the trees that surrounded us, it was hard to see anything very far away. We both called out to see if any person was in the area, which there shouldnt have been, with how far away from the campground we were.

After about 5 minutes of just scanning we figured it was nothing of importance and decided to just forget it. Almost the instant we got inside the tent we heard an even louder crash that sounded like it was only 10 to 15 yards away from our site. Terry and I both frantically searched for anything we could find to protect ourselves from whatever was outside. The best we could do was to pull out our pocket knives.

I heard something like a grunt coming from the side opposite of the door of the tent, so I shined my flashlight out of the mesh window and I saw something. Just past the clearing of our site, I could make out a tall shape and some gray fur, on something that stood maybe 7 to 9 feet tall.

Maybe the flashlight scared it, or maybe it just wanted to investigate, but as soon as i turned my flashlight on it, it ran fast through the woods. Before i could walk out the door to shine my light on it and see it better, it was already gone. Terry stood outside of the tent, and was shaking when i first saw him in the light.

We both decided to spend the rest of the night in my truck, and lock the doors. We spent the next day fishing, but didnt want to have another night like the one before, so we packed up and left.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: night, very dark night

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

I talked to the witness at length about his encounter. The smell he mentioned was like a wet dog.

He said he could see the silhouette and described it as a massive upright figure, with tinges of gray around the edges of the fur. He saw it through the screen in his tent. When he turned on his flashlight, it ran off fast through the brush.

About BFRO Investigator Paul Graves:

Paul is a contractor and a musician,and life long outdoorsman. He attended the following expeditions: Washington (Oly Pen - 2) and Washington (Oly Pen - 3)cascades (1)and oregon(tillamok) and has been researching the sasquatch subject for over 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:35 am 

Quote:
Report # 6303 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, May 09, 2003. Woman kayaking with family at Sullivan lake sees bigfoot
YEAR: 2002

MONTH: August

DATE: first weekend

LOCATION DETAILS: I am not sure as to how to get to the actual campground spot except by boat! We put in our kayaks at the Noisey Creek campground at Sullivan lake, and kayaked around the right side of the lake (unsure what direction that was)to the swimming hole and campground that was on the far end of the lake. The rope swing was only about a hundred yards from the beach on the right side(heading in)of the lake.

NEAREST TOWN: Ione

NEAREST ROAD: Sullivan Lake road (I think)

OBSERVED: My friends and family and I were Kayaking across Sullivan Lake in North Eastern Washington. We had spent the entire day slowly making our way around the side of the lake that is unpopulated (there is a highway on the opposite side of the lake). We "beached" at the far end of the lake where there was a small campground/swimming area, and it was there that me had lunch and let the teenagers swim and mess around. All of the adults felt very uneasy as if we were being watched and we made sure we kept the families close together. When we had to use the out houses we walked together and returned quickly to the beach. As we were beginning to leave the beach several of us noticed a rope swing on a very steep bank of the lake only about a hundred yards from the swimming area. I was among the last ones into a boat so by the time I came to the area of the rope swing, the others had already passed it and were quite a ways ahead of me (approx. 200 yards ahead). I was just daydreaming and enjoying the scenery, ( and to be honest with you glad to be away from the uneasiness that I had felt at the beach )when a movement caught my eye near the rope swing. AT first I couldn't focus on what it was and it took me a moment to realise what I was looking at. There next to the rope swing on a stump sat an old man.He was very tall and dressed in grey from head to foot.( My own father is 6'6" and I remember thinking to myself that this old man must have had him beat by at least 10 inches!) His legs were crossed and he had his hands clasped in front of his upper knee. I smiled and waved to him as I floated closer to him. He didn't move. He was tottaly still and watched me very intently. AS my boat passed in front of him (about 15 yards), I realised that this man wasn't wearing any clothes at all and he was covered completely with a very thick silver fur! Even his eyes were almost completely hidden from a thick (eyebrow?)of silver fur.
WE stared at each other the entire time I passed by him, myself with my jaw gaping (I'm sure), and he just quietly sitting very still. AS soon as I looked ahead to see where everyone else was at and then looked back toward the rope swing, he was gone and just the branches of the bush that was near it was moving. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I thought I was honestly seeing things until my niece pulled me aside later that evening and asked me if I had seen the Sasquatch that was sitting by the rope swing. I honestly have never really given much thought to Bigfoot before that day. I had passed close enough to him to actually see the direction the fur was growing in! It was mostly all one direction (down)like a dog's hair, except around his eyes were it seemed to stick straight out.

ALSO NOTICED: Just that we all had felt uneasy at the campground. There were a few other people that were there when we first arrived, but they left quite a while before our group did. All of us felt like we were being watched while at the beach. Also that it surprised me the way he (?) was sitting and the color of his fur was not at all what I had expected. Even the shape of his head was more human than mongoloid or ape shaped. He had high cheekbones and a strong jaw, but he most definatly looked like an elderly man from a distance, not animal at all (except for thick silver fur). It also seprised me how quickly he was able to get out of the clearing and dissapear.As steep as the bank was, he must have been extremely agile and quick! I did hear some twigs snap very briefly,when I could no longer see him, but my eyes couldn't pick up on his color in the trees after he left the stump.

OTHER WITNESSES: The only other person that saw it was my niece. She was kayaking ahead of me in her own boat. NONE OF US WERE DRINKING, it was a family outting.

OTHER STORIES: This was the first time I had ever heard of anything about Sasquatch or Bigfoot being in this area. I always thought there were sightings on the coastal areas of Washington, but never anything this far inland.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: When I spotted him(?) it was around 4:30-5:00 pm. It was a very bright, sunny day. Very good kayaking weather (no wind!).

ENVIRONMENT: Sullivan lake is nestled in between dense forested mountains. It is where the big-horn sheep winter. The banks are very steep and it is very unpopulated. It is A very large lake that took us all day to kayak and we never saw any other boaters. The only human interaction with it seemed to be where the campground area is, and the highway on the opposite side. VERY BEAUTIFUL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 am 

Quote:
Report # 1570 (Class A)
Submitted by witness G.J.M. on Saturday, January 02, 1999. Three sets of tracks found
YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

LOCATION DETAILS: 1.75 to 2 Miles directly N.W. of Ione.

OBSERVED: Three sets of tracks.Apparently traveling together. Found in muddy, flat area back in woods. No residences or logging operations present within .75 to 1 mile. Tracks were described as Large (18"), Medium (15-16") and Small (13"). Found by two bear hunters (On foot/No dogs used). Tracks in lower (depressed) area of mud flat filled with rain water. Undetermined age of tracks, but believed to be fairly recent (within last 48 hours) due to lack of degradation of track edges. Plaster cast (single) taken of largest. Cast condition is poor, due to reporting parties lack of familiarity with casting technique. Cast was taken within 24 hours of track discovery.

ALSO NOTICED: Reporting party has hunted same area for years and never seen anything of this nature before.

OTHER WITNESSES: Bear hunting on foot.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This information is offered to assist those that research the Bigfoot phenomenon. Since it only involves a track discovery (versus an actual sighting), it may not be of much use to you. On the other hand, since it involved 3 different sized tracks possibly made by a small band (family group?), it may be of value in group-dynamics study of this creature. If there is a way to share this info with serious researchers only (versus enticing any net-surfer with a gun to invade the woods around Ione) I would prefer it. If you are going to post it in the general area, please include the request for low-profile activity. The reporting party is reluctant to discuss this with others due to the stigma attached, and does not run around showing the casting and pictures to strangers. He mainly took them as proof to himself that he found what he did. As I mentioned, the casting is pretty rough. Reporting party is a 50+ y/o resident of the Spokane area. I believe his recounting of the incident and the Ione-area history of sightings (as relayed to him by his contacts) to be unembellished and factual. I wish to remain confidential as a source. Though this info is second-party, I hope it is of some help.

ENVIRONMENT: Undeveloped forested area, accessible only by permission through private land. Forest type is predominantly pine and fir, with cedar and scrub alder found in marshy areas/streamsides. No current vehicle roads (abandoned and overgrown logging roads encountered occassionally). No signs of other hunters in area. Due to restricted access, unlikely that any other parties were in the area.

A & G References: Pg. 119, C5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 am 

Quote:
Report # 1573 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Brian on Wednesday, July 29, 1998. Deer hunters find footprints in mud
YEAR: 1996

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 26

LOCATION DETAILS: 5-miles South of Ione, one mile Northeast of the river.

OBSERVED: October 1996. While deer hunting with brother, observed two sets of clearly defined footprints in mud. Prints were human in shape, with slightly different characteristics. Five toes, proportionally wider than a human footprint. One print was about 18" in lenth (about 7" wide), the other was about 10" by 4". Prints were so well defined that skin texture and hair imprints could be seen. *Note: Brother and I are both very familiar with both Grizzly and Black Bear prints. These prints were neither. Five minutes after discovering the prints, a very loud pounding began in the densely wooded area downhill from our position. Sound was similar to that of a base drum, or a large rock on a hollow log. We estimated the sound to be coming from no more than 50' away, and bagan moving away. 300-yards from the first set of prints, we came upon a third set of prints which appeared (in size) to fit somewhere between the first two sets.

*Note: My brother and I have no doubt that what we witnessed were sasquatch tracks. The noise we heard remains a mystery, although it is forever etched in my memory. Feel free to disclose our sighting as you wish. I do ask that you use only my first name.

ALSO NOTICED: Banging noise: see above.

OTHER WITNESSES: Hunting Whitetail Deer.

ENVIRONMENT: Generally: 5 miles south of Ione, 1 mile north of river. First two sets found on old 'dozer logging road, the area was surrounded by Douglas Fir forest (~50-years' growth), and on a moderately sloping hillside (~7-10%). Two miles to nearest road, 1000 yards from fresh logging site. Second set was 300 yards east in thickly wooded jack-firs (15'-25' fir trees), on level plateau on same hillside.

A & G References: Pg. 119, B5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 am 

Quote:
Report # 1572 (Class B)
Submitted by witness David Bray on Monday, August 26, 1996. Campers hear loud scream in National Forest
YEAR: 1996

MONTH: August

DATE: 24

LOCATION DETAILS: The name of the county was Pend O'reille( pronounced "pond o'ray") and the closest town was Ione (pronounced "eye-own") about 10 miles by road or 5 miles by air.

NEAREST ROAD: State Rd. #20 off Rocky Creek Rd

OBSERVED: My son and I heard a howl or scream in the deep woods of the Colville National Forest in N.W. Washinton @ 1:00 A.M. The sound was more like the recording found by the Westen Bigfoot Society on the net. Actually, it was exactly like that one. It sent shivers down your back. We were a measured 6 miles N. of state rd. #20 on Rocky Creek Rd. The sound came from approx. .5 to 1 mi. northwest of our campsite. We had noticed for the past couple of hours prior to this that the forest was absolutly quiet. No noise at all.

Please contact me if you want any other info.

OTHER WITNESSES: Son and father were camping.

A & G References: Pg. 118, C4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 am 

Quote:
Report # 1571 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Brad on Sunday, April 13, 1997. Nighttime sighting by motorists
YEAR: 1991

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

LOCATION DETAILS: Very close to the US Outdoors Training Base, close to Ione.

OBSERVED: 7pm, driving from Nelson, BC to Spokane WA, myself & my girlfriend were driving a few miles outside Ione. At the same time, we both noticed something on the highway. We had to stop the car very quickly to avoid hitting it. It was quite small....maybe 5'2", 150lbs, standing on two legs, covered with hair. We have no idea what it was, but was unusual. We both had a really good look at the thing, although only a second or two long, the headlights were directly shining on it.

My girlfriend was driving and as I saw this thing on the road, I said, "look out for that....that.....that...that....mugwamp". Refering to the bigfoot in our local beer ads. I yelled stop...stop & she said no way and drove off.

OTHER WITNESSES: Driving, watching in the road.

CONFIDENTIALITY: No cooks please. I did not say I saw BIG FOOT. I said I saw something strange on the road. I do not know what it was.

OTHER STORIES: No, we live 100 miles away from there.

ENVIRONMENT: Close to a stand of trees on the side of the road.

A & G References: Pg. 119, C5