Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: BFRO SKAMANIA COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:27 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Media Article # 111
Article submitted by Richard Noll

Tuesday, April 01, 1969

Skamania County Ordinance

Ordinance No. 69-01

Be it hereby ordained by the Board of County Commissioners of Skamania County:

Whereas, there is evidence to indicate the possible existence in Skamania County of a nocturnal primate mammal
variously described as an ape-like creature or a sub-species of Homo Sapiens; and

Whereas, both legend and purported recent sightings and spoor support this possibility, and

Whereas, this creature is generally and commonly known as a "Sasquatch", "Yeti", "Bigfoot", or "Giant Hairy ape", and
has resulted in an influx of scientific investigators as well as casual hunters, many armed with lethal weapons, and

Whereas, the absence of specific laws covering the taking of specimens encourages laxity in the use of firearms and
other deadly devices and poses a clear and present threat to the safety and well-being of persons living or traveling within
the boundaries of Skamania County as well as to the creatures themselves,

Therefore be it resolved that any premeditated, wilful and wanton slaying of such creature shall be deemed a felony
punishable by a fine not to exceed Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) and/or imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed Five (5) years.

Be it further resolved that the situation existing constitutes an emergency and as such this ordinance is effective
immediately.

Board of Commissioners of Skamania County
Bibliographical Information:

The above ordinance was partially repealed and amended in 1984 by Ordinance 1984-2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:28 am 

Medals: 32
Quote:
Media Article # 91
Article submitted by Ron Schaffner
Article prepared and posted by Matthew Moneymaker

Friday, July 18, 1924

Strange Animals Seen

Rainier Review & the Kelsonian

A story that rivals the most spine tingling tales of fiction has set Kelso and southwest Washington, as well as this section of Oregon, agog with curiosity and speculation as to its authenticity and truth. It is a story of an encounter with strange, hairy, ape-like creatures at the base of Mt. St. Helens, in the vicinity of Muddy River, eight miles from Spirit lake. The men who brought the story to Kelso are Marion Smith and his son Ray, Lexington and Fred Beck and Joe Peterson, who have been prospecting in the wilds of the Mt. St. Helens country for the past six years.

As told to a representative of the Kelsonian, the story, by Marion Smith is reproduced word for word:

Fire at Animal

"We have been prospecting there for six years. About sixteen days ago Beck and myself saw one of these animals peeking from behind a tree at a distance of about 100 yards. We fired and I think I hit it in the head. It fell back as though struck andcurious to know the nature of the animal, we crossed an intervening canyon, but it had gone by the time we reached the tree. We noticed large tracks, from 13 to 14 inches long and resembling those of a man, and I warned my son to carry a rifle whenever he went into the woods. We had seen these tracks in former years and determined to investigate. We came in for the Fourth but said nothing to anyone of our experience.

Wednesday while we were at the mine Roy went to the spring for water, carrying only a revolver. As he was returning he heard a cracking in the alders and turning saw one of the animals charging out of the woods at him, waving its arms over its head and striking its chest. He fired at it with his pistol, the animal coming within fifteen feet of him before it turned back into the woods. He was badly frightened and hurried back to camp.

Thursday Roy and Fred encountered another of the animals as they were going to the cabin. They fired at it and Peterson ran out of the cabin with his revolver. Between them they fired sixteen shots, the final shot by Beck apparently striking the animal and toppling it over the edge of the canyon. This canyon has steep sides and we could only have gotten down by using ropes. I heard the animal fall and tried to look down but it was so steep I couldn't see the bottom."

Creatures Come Back

"That night about eleven we were startled out of our sleep by rocks falling through the hole in the roof of our cabin which served as a smokestack. The bombardment continued until after two in the morning. I insisted on building a large fire to frighten away the animals, which pushed against the door, and made a great deal of noise around the cabin, drumming on their chest. It was a terrifying experience. We nailed the door shut and I advised not to shoot so that we would have all our ammunition in case they broke in.

In the morning we were glad to start home. Six years ago when we first located our claim we saw the strange four toed tracks, with the toes short and stubby and almost square across, and have seen them several times since. Two years ago the strange animals sought to enter our tent, and we found tracks around our tent in the morning."

Woods are Searched

All this week, the woods around the cabin were being combed with hunters for the strange creatures, but so far, no report has been heard from the hunters. Various explanations for their presence have been advanced, and many in Kelso have ventured to say that the story is the product of imagination. The miners insist, however, that they saw the creatures, and their stories are given some support from old timers who have heard of the giant creatures that are said to inhabit the country there.

The story was given full credence by a member of Clallam tribe at Hoquiam, Wash., this week, with the appearance of a lengthy article describing the little known Seeahtik Indians, which are said to be a skeleton in the Northwest Indians' closet. Because the more advanced Indians of the Northwest have been ashamed of the Seeahtiks they have kept the secret of the existence of this half animal tribe.

Failure is Predicted

Descriptions given of these strange Indians tally in every respect with what the miners said about them. Indians in the Washington country, however, are skeptical about the success that awaits the hunters, as their habits are so uncanny that it is a foregone conclusion that they will not be seen.

The story is being thoroughly investigated by game officials and other authorities in Kelso and the territory in which the creatures were seen.

Creatures May be Indians

D. F. Howard, pioneer of Stella, Wash., was in Rainier Tuesday and Wednesday, and paid the Review office a call. ... telling of a tribe known as the Seeahtiks, which are below the average Northwest Indian in many respects and which have almost never been mentioned.

In this article it is claimed that the Seeahtiks stand fully seven feet in height, and some have been said to be eight feet. Their bodies are covered with hair, giving the appearance of huge bears. It is said that these Indians take twelve lives for each of the lives taken in their tribe, which might bear out the statement that the 'animals' returned and stoned the cabin after it was thought that one of them had been killed by the miners.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:58 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 40371 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, March 15, 2013.
Memory told of a daylight sighting at a golf course in North Bonneville
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 1985

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Skamania County

NEAREST TOWN: Stevenson

NEAREST ROAD: Evergreen Highway

OBSERVED: In the summer of 1985 I was 17 at Beacon Rock Golf Course in Washington state on the Columbia River just west of Bonneville dam. It was mid morning my dad and grandfather were golfing, I was playing caddy for them. It was on the second fairway, a long mostly straight hole. My dad's tee shot went into the woods and brush on the right hand side about 1/3 of the way down, I told him I would go look for it. I grabbed a 7 iron and made my way into the bushes. I was poking around, pulling back branches looking for the ball when I smelled what I can only describe as something rotten, it was really bad. I thought I had uncovered a dead animal with the club. As I continued to move brush around I looked up to see if I should go in a bit further. That is when I saw something about 10 - 12 feet away standing next to a tree. It was approx. 7 to 7 1/2 feet tall with very broad shoulders, fully covered in hair, a bit lighter brown on top and got darker as it went down, almost to a black as it got to mid chest. I couldn't see anything from the knees down due to the underbrush. I have been hunting with my dad since I was 13 and have lived in the country most of my life. I know what I saw was not a bear, I didn't know what I was looking at, but I know I had never seen anything like it. I turned to scream at my dad and grandfather, but no sound came out, I was truly terrified, I turned back to see if I was seeing things and it was moving up the hill at a quick pace, not running but walking quickly, never made a sound, other than the occasional swish of a branch bouncing back to place. I turned and ran out of the tree line never looking back. I caught up with my dad and grandfather who had walked past me up the fairway at some point, they were about half way to the green. I never said what I saw or smelled, just that I couldn't find the ball. The whole thing lasted about 15 to 20 seconds.

ALSO NOTICED: Just a bad smell prior to me see it, I didn't go back to look after I just wanted to get out of there.

OTHER WITNESSES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: mid morning around 9 - 930 am sunny warm

ENVIRONMENT: Fir trees, brush, ferns.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Chris Bynum:

The witness was out for a day of golfing with his father and grandfather. He was caddying for them on a sunny morning in June of 1985. He was 17 at the time and the sighting took place as he was in the nearby brush looking to recover a golf ball that his father had shot off into the brush. He was walking using a golf club to push back brush and tree limbs to locate the golf ball when a foul smell grew stronger. It smelled like something rotten or something that had died. When he looked up, he saw an unidentified creature standing approximately 10 feet tall standing partially blocked by a tree. The creature was approximately 10-15 feet away and remained motionless while the two looked at each other. The creature was light brown around the head, but had darker hair covering its body from its shoulders down to about knee level where the remaining body parts were obstructed by the tree and under brush. The witness could not vocalize anything due to his intense fear. After about 20 seconds, he looked away hoping he could see his father and grandfather, but they had already walked further down the course. As he looked back at the creature, it had turned and was making its way up a hill away from the course. He did not attempt to follow, instead he headed quickly back to rejoin his father and grandfather playing golf. The remainder of the game he found himself constantly watching the tree line for movement, but did not see anything.

About BFRO Investigator Chris Bynum:

Chris is a native Texan who his family to Bothell, Wa in 2003. He is an Account Manager in the software industry and has 14yrs of technical support, consulting and account management. Chris attended the July 2012, June 2013, July 2013 and Aug 2013 Washington Cascade Expeditions as well as numerous private investigations.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:25 am 

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 59099 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory told of hearing a possible vocalization from a tent during noon storm at Goose Lake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 1997

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Skamania County

LOCATION DETAILS: Up the white salmon river to Goose Lake. We were camped at Goose Lake

NEAREST TOWN: Trout lake

NEAREST ROAD: SR 141

OBSERVED: "Forest Produces Bizarre Sounds That Can Be Used In Horror Movies" at rumble.com I heard this exact sound near Trout Lake WA at the base of Mt. Adams in 1997

ALSO NOTICED: I've been hunting and fishing in the ME all my life never heard anything like it

OTHER WITNESSES: My 2 yr old and me that's it

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Noon

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Kevin Llewellyn:

I talked to the witness by phone.

He was fishing on Goose Lake but had to go into his tent due to a noontime thunderstorm. He heard one loud vocalization exactly like the third one in the video and it echoed down the canyon. He estimates it was fifty to one hundred yards away and said, "it felt like a zoo lion roar in his chest. It seemed like it had the power from a 900 pound animal." The hair on the back of his neck stood.

After the rain stopped, he smelled an odor like a wet dog and urine for about an hour. He did not leave. There were other campers around but he did not talk to any of them.

He has heard bear, elk, cougar, etc. but this was powerful and different. He has fished this area a lot and always wondered if it was a Bigfoot.

We cannot verify what made the vocalization in the similar recording that he provided.

About BFRO Investigator Kevin Llewellyn:

Kevin has camped, fished and hunted in Eastern Washington all his life. His interest in Sasquatch began when he was 10 years old and saw Roger Patterson present "the" film. He lives and works in Eastern Washington. He has been a veterinarian since 1984, after graduating from Washington State University. He attended Washington BFRO expeditions in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 and Oregon in 2015, Montana 2017.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6