(GCBRO) New South Wales Sightings

For sighting reports of the Yowie in New South Wales
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(GCBRO) New South Wales Sightings

Post by admin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:12 am

Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: February 1, 2008

DATE: 1981

TIME: Around 5:00 pm

TERRAIN: Mountains, Narrow valley, Dense Forest, Undergrowth

OBSERVED: I was about 15 at the time and was living in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. On most weekends I would spend my free time bush walking or frequenting any number of the local swimming holes that were dotted in the bush around where I lived. On this day I had been checking out a new area that I had not explored before and was returning home after spending the full day in that area. I decided not to follow the creek which leads me back to my house as this is pretty rough going but instead to climb up onto the ridge top and make my way to the fire trail as this would save some time and get me home before dark. A decision I am ultimately glad I made. I made my way through the thick scrub to the cliff face and moved along it until I found a point where I could climb up to the top. The climb was not as easy as I expected and I was tired by the time I reached the top, so I decided to take a break on the cliff edge, have a drink etc. and then continue on to the fire trail approximately 1 kilometer away. I had been there for maybe five minutes when I picked up the sound of something down in the valley below me moving through the thick undergrowth. The valley at the point where I was sitting was maybe 200 yards wide with the creek running roughly through the center. What ever it was that was moving through the scrub must have been quite large but I was not able to see it due to the thick undergrowth. I could hear branches breaking and the sound of heavy footfalls which, from the first moment I heard it, started maybe 100 yards south of where I was, moved past my position, then continued on in a northerly direction. I strained to get a glimpse of whatever it was because with all that noise I was sure I should be able to see something. I jumped up and started to follow the noise by moving along the ridge top but I had only gone very far when the noise stopped and all I could hear was the sounds of the bush. I waited for maybe 15 minutes in silence but as it was starting to get dark I decided to push on for the fire trail and get home. It was an eerie walk through the bush to get to the fire trail and I stopped quite a few times to make sure I wasn't being followed because that was the feeling I was getting. Once I reached the fire trail I had over an hours walk before I got to the first house. The whole time I still had the feeling that I was being trailed by something and I was very glad when I got home. I am still, to this day, unable to speculate to what it was, only that whatever it was, must have been of considerable size and weight and didn't know I was there until I tried to follow it.

Activities of Witness: Bush walking, exploring, swimming.

Description of Creature: Could not see whatever it was.

Other Notes: I have been through that area probably a hundred times but this was the first experience.
I went back into the same area a week later but this time I followed the creek. I found where something or someone had pushed through the undergrowth and snapped small saplings but due to the time difference could not see any tracks.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: December 1, 2006

DATE: November 30, 2006

TIME: 2:30 PM

TERRAIN: Dry, woody with lots of lantana. Very steep in areas and quite difficult to walk on.

OBSERVED: Had problems for at least 2 years but escalated last 4 months. Rabbits taken from cage and killed, goats let out of paddock. Rocks thrown at my children and roof of house. Many tracks going from my home into the bush. Found what looked like a large amount of human waste. Heard strange barking and howling noises and bangs around the house at night. Smelled a foul smell around the home at times. Today saw a very large creature on 2 legs which was very dark in color and hairy. My dog barked and it ran from an exposed area on the grass into lantana. A friend witnesses the incident. Trees have been recently broken and I found a large bone near the home which my friends believe is from a cow, although there aren't any on my property or close by. I have heard what sound to be a very large man many times even during the day and last week was approached in the dark while holding my large dog. After shouting at what I thought was a prowler, the footsteps stopped just a few feet away but it was so dark, I could not see. However the proximity to me concerned me greatly and I ushured the dog inside rather quickly. On one occasion, while a friend and I were clearing the bush for a better view for my "prowler", something large came at us, chasing us down the hill, stopping just short of the tree line so we couldn't see it. It was definitely on 2 legs and had the ability to move quickly on very rugged ground. I am greatly concerned about my 2 children as the encounters are now so frequent and often during the day.

Activities of Witness: Was sitting with friend and kids when my dog barked running towards the fence aggressively. Creature was standing on neighbors property not far from mine.

Description of Creature: Saw from the middle or so of the torso. Very large, thick set with long dark brown hair. Too heavy to guess, would be at least the size of a full grown bear standing on 2 legs. Took huge step into the scrub.

Other Notes: N/A

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: Many for at least 2 years but getting frequent, around 3-6 times a week.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Any information regarding advice would be appreciated. I'm concerned about my children's, and my safety. Not sure what, if any, intentions these things have but getting really worried.

DATE: May 16, 2004

TIME: 6:38am

TERRAIN: Wooded, National Forest

OBSERVED: I was taking a brake on the Bush Walking track as i have only just returned to my passion of the Australian Bush where i was sitting there was the obvious sounds of the waterfall and also a sound that in my 14yrs of walking experience i had (have) never heard so i stood up and looked in the direction of where i heard the noise coming from only to see nothing i then realized the sound was being rebounded of the rock walls turning i saw a ape like animal not as hairy but, skinny and long limbed as i started to walk closer it looked up and sniffed the air then took off into the scrub i ran after it but could only hear branches snapping and then it was gone an occasional bird being disturbed etc. I returned to the spot where it was sitting and found a half print like a skinny mans foot no droppings or hair.

Activities of Witness: Simply Bush walking to relax

Description of Creature: ape like animal not as hairy but, skinny and long limbed

Other Notes: It was my first time in the Area

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

DATE: 1995

TIME: Early morning between 10-11

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: At the time I was 7. I was staying at a friends place when a one of the kids who lived down the street and his father came and asked us if we wanted to go bush walking. Being adventurous we automatically said yes. I remember walking up the side of the mountain and then reaching the top which was a fire trail? (but I remember seeing big electricity tower things all along it) when there just in front of us was this huge thing maybe 8-9 ft tall on the other side of the trail. It's hair was a white/silver kind of color . It's face was pink I guess in a way it reminded me of an albino, but I do remember it's eyes they were silvery gray with black pupils. It didn't make a noise and I don't remember a smell . It just turned and looked at us the hurriedly walked down the other side of the mountain. After that i remember being really scared and asking if we could go back (home).

Activities of Witness: We were bush walking

Description of Creature: Tall and heavy but not fat. It was about 8-9ft high. It had silvery/ white hair. The flesh of the face was pink (reminding me like an albino) It's eyes where a silvery gray color with black pupils.

I noticed that when it moved away from us it didn't walk like a man it had a kind of 'swing' or 'sway' to it's walk.

Other Notes: After the event I thought back on it and remembered seeing small twigs etc. snapped on the way up the mountain

We moved from the area where i saw it about 5 and a half years ago. But a couple months ago we were driving back from a friends farm. When we where within about 8 k's from town we heard this sickening noise that I could only describe as a Roar. It seemed to echo out across the paddocks although whatever made that noise seemed to be close to the road. I remember as soon as we started to hear it that my mum immediately said "That wasn't Human" and I believe she was right .Whatever made that noise could definitely not have been human. I have since listened to sound recordings of American Bigfoots since and was amazed when one of the recordings sounded exactly the same as the sound we had heard, the only difference being that the recording had numerous 'roars' were as we only heard on that lasted for about a minute.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

DATE: 1980's

TIME: 1:00 am

TERRAIN: Grazing land and semi thick wooded

OBSERVED: Sounds that have been described by other wittnesess, the sounds that this thing had
made was like a tasmanian devil on steroids it was loud and strong, i know what sounds are in
the bush being that i have done alot of hunting, camping, hiking and this was not anything
that i have heard before it was terrifying.

my friends and i which makes us four were on the way back from dapto when we decided to stop
and camp for the night in an area close to the township of yass, it was about ten at night, so
we turned off on to this dirt road that went in about five klms, there at the end was farmers
fencing all around, it was like we were in a court like situation. but instead of houses there
was grazing land and semi scrub/ woodlands, we got a fire going then heated up some cans of
food that we had, and we had a couple of beers thats all.

at this time steve the driver said that he is going to go to sleep in the back of he's panel
van because he was tired 11.30pm, jim hishim and myself stayed around the campfire with our
sleeping bags and blankets as it was a cold night, and we just talked and told jokes, then it
was bout 1.00am to 1.30 am thats when we heard this sound straight away this thing scared the
living daylights out of me because it was so loud and aggresive like, we then reached for our
torches and shined them in a norherly direction, being that thats were the noise came from but
we didnt see anything, then the next thing we heard the sounds of someone/something walking on
the leaves and twigs that had sorrunded us on the other side of the fences all around then
from the south side it started again with this growling sound again, so we then shone our
torches in that direction, still we could not see anything,as we shone our torches the sounds
had stopped very quickly, we looked up the trees on the ground and all around all we saw was
some cattle that were around the fence line, that were there probably because we were,then
again the sound of twigs and leaves it went back to the north side of us,still we could not
see anything, at this stage jim anmd hisham were sh*t scared,then when they said to me jeff
what the hell is it i said i had never heard anything like this before, but all i know is that
it does not want us here, next minute we were try to open the car but steve had locked it, we
shooked that car so hard that i reckon we could have turned it over, steve got up and said
what the hell are you guys doing, we replied lets get the hell out of here, steve said pissoff
you three just want to get in the van because its cold, then steve heard the noise, next
minute we were out off there we flew like we were in the grand prix.

Activities of Witness: Camping

Description of Creature: N/A

Other Notes: It seemed like this thing was toying with us going up and down,or it didnt want to
hurt us just scare us away possibly the warnm fire? or the food smells? might of atrracted it.

And the freakest thing all these years later is that the cows just stood there like what ever
it was did not phase them, maybe if it is a so called yowie they really do resemble man
because cattle dont resemble man as a threat?

Additional Notes or Comments: N/A

Reported by Confidential

RECEIVED FROM: GCBRO Online Submission Form
DATE: 7/5/95

TIME: 1:18 P.M.

TERRAIN: Steep hill, Bush

OBSERVED: We have 3 dogs -poodles-1 toy, 2 medium. They bark sometimes when we arrive home and at night. We understand why when we get home but not at night. We usually let them inside at night to stop them from barking. One night in early June (in Australia June is winter) I woke up at around 1:18 p.m. and I could hear the dogs barking. It was more irate than ussual. I quickly ran to the back door to stop them so the neighbours would not get annoyed.

I opened the door and called them, 'MAX' the middle sized one ran over. He had blood all over his face and legs.
I ran out and checked to see if he was hurt but it didnt seem to be his blood.
I called the other dogs again and I heard one of them bark from somewhere-they had gotten out the back fence.
I walked up to the back fence and Max followed but when I got to the fence he acted strange and stepped back and started whimpering and barking. I heard one of the dogs bark again, I went up to the fence and hoisted myself up to see where they were and froze. On the ground I saw what was left of our biggest dog Ellie ripped open on the ground with our smallest dog Teddy barking at her but I realised teddy was barking at someone else, then saw a large figure standing over the remains holding a piece of it in it's mouth.

I at first thought it was a person and I shouted at them that they were a sick f#!k and other words and it looked up and stared at me. I was the scaredest I had ever been when it stared at me. From that moment I knew it wasn't a person. I could see it quite clearly in the moonlight. It breathed a few times and sniffed the air and suddenly ran away and grabbed Teddy and dissappeared into the bush. Teddy died instantly when he was picked up. I just knew because when he was picked up he made this weird sound. I woke my parents straight away and my dad got a torch and tried to look for Teddy but didn't find him. In the morning we found some fur and drops of blood in a dried up river bed but that was all. My dad said it was just a person who was sick of the dogs barking and my mum said it could have been a fox or dingo. I know that this thing was none of those, and it felt like a bad dream because it was late but I was well aware of what was going on. We have since moved to a more suburban area.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Tall human adult height, very large (husky) like a tall upright orangutan, breathed in short heavy groans ( hegghhh) every now and again, when it heard me it stopped and stared and sort of smelled the air. Dark blackish brown (it was dark-nighttime) like some sort of ape. On one occasion a month earlier my aviary had been broken into and all my birds were gone, there was feathers everywhere and blood on the sides of the wire.

OTHER NOTES:

FOLLOW UP:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA:

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: February 23, 2002

TIME: 2:00 - 3:00 A.M.

TERRAIN: Mountains

OBSERVED: My wife and I live on a property at the bottom of a mountain. Our home has a porch just outside our bedroom and in the hour between 2:00-3:00A.M. we have what sounds like a big man stomping around on it, then jumping over the railing onto the grass below. As he reaches the grass you can hear a loud thud and he walks away with very heavy footsteps. One night previous it sounded like he was running up and down the porch. There is an offending stench in the air also on these nights while this is occurring. Whatever "he" is makes a weird noise like a cross between a dog and a cat as it runs towards the bush. This occurance doesn't happen every night but when it does it's usually between the above mentioned hours. We have only lived on this property for 3 weeks, and although I do not really believe in Yowies, I don't know how to explain this.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Sleeping

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: N/A

OTHER NOTES: My dog which is chained to the other side of the house is absolutely petrified, and refuses to come out of his house, he just lays in his bed shaking. Normally he would bark at any suspicious movement or sound.

FOLLOW UPS: Dean Harrison of the AYR is conducting an investigation. The final report of Deans is posted at the very bottom of this report.

UPDATES:Updates by Fay
Thank you for your quick response, over the last 3 hours we have encounteredd several factors which increases our suspision of a yowie. We had all the lights off and we placed flour on our verandah. We heard a bang and trees rustling a few minutes later.
My parenter and a friend stood in the dark and startled the creature as it ran towards the door of the house then in one big leap jumped over the verandah barrier onto a tree on the ground. We contiuelly hear that funny noise and the smell is sicking. We couldnt sleep so we all sat in the bed room with the light off listening trying to understand what is actually going on when it started to throw large items on the roof. It appears to be getting more game. Several lights at the front of the house has been on with distinct noises close outside. It then went to the small verandah on the other side of the bed room and made large walking noises close to the window then up and over the room on the roof very quite but still we saw shadows. It climbed down the post back to the orginal side and off again, like it was playing games with us. More rocks on the roof, hearing it run from one side to the other, more warning noises like a cross between a cat and dog screeching. We seriously feel his testing us with the length of time before we react by turning on the lights. Please give us your opinion on this matter and give us information to assist us in the matter. I am concerned as I am a family day carer having young children in my home all the time.

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 4:36 PM

Dear XXXX and XXXX,

I am writing to check on the two of you to see how things are going. Have you heard from Dean Harrison yet? I certainly hope he answers you soon as I know you must be very concerned and more than a little frightened. I think you should use the utmost caution at nightfall until you can determine what it is that's coming around. I would definitely stay inside the residence if you hear it outside again. I really liked your idea of the flour, I have used it myself in the past when I had a prowler to see if I could get some footprints, and it works!!

I don't know if you've viewed Dean's website so I am including the URL for it here.
http://gcbro.com/DHAY.html

Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Although we live on different continents, I can offer some emotional support.

Sincerely,
Fay

Eyewitnesses next reply:
Yes we have been in touch with Dean. He rang us this morning. He is trying to make it down this way as what we have explained to him makes it definately sound like a yowie.
I will be bringing my dog inside tonight as he is petrifyed of this creature every night. We have secured the perimetre of the house with glad wrap to see if anything gets through, and we have made spikes all over the verandah to see if that is a deterent. We now have a .243 calibre rifle here for safety as well. I hope somone can get to the bottom of this for us shortly. Stay in touch.
XXXX & XXXX

FINAL REPORT AND FOLLOW UP: Received from Dean Harrison of the AYR in May 2003.
An encounter report was received in March 2002 involving a couple who had moved into a house on Acreage in bushland South of Coffs Harbour. The couple had lived at the premises for only two weeks prior to contacting us, and were clearly scared for their safety due to ‘something’ stalking their house each night.

Neither of the residents knew much about the Yowie or what it actually was, in fact they were both firm "non-believers" until the second night after their initial arrival. As with most first time witnesses, 60% had never heard of such a creature and 80% are sceptical.

This investigation lead us to a different picture than we had first anticipated.

Although we were contacted on the Monday, the team couldn’t respond until the Friday due to daytime work commitments. The encounters seemed hot and the witnesses very frightened, but seemingly rational.

The team arrived at 4pm on the Friday after a 6 hour drive south, stopping only once at Macksville for supplies.

We met the residents (Ashley and Sabrina), who again seemed very reasonable and rational people. They walked us around the property explaining their problem, pointing to the various areas of interest and re-enacting previous encounters.

Only a few days after moving into the house, they were apparently being harassed by a ‘creature unknown’ that paced the veranda at 2am each morning, breathing heavily and occasionally screaming outside the windows, sending chills and fear into them both.

They lay still in their bed listening to the sturdy veranda floor boards twist and warp under the weight of each foot step as the creature cased the windows and doors. It didn’t end there. Large rocks were reported to have been thrown on the roof in the dead of the night and their normally fearless Terrier refused to stay outside at night.

The horses in the top paddock also appeared stressed once it became dusk and they ritually and nervously made their way to the bottom end of the field, close to the house. Once dark, the dog would wine and hide, cowering in fear.

Both residents were clearly stressed and exhausted by the previous 3 weeks of little sleep.

In an attempt to find answers one night, they lay flour across the veranda close to their bedroom door. A print was found the next morning, however the next night’s rain turned the flour to virtual rock.

In a desperate attempt to make sense of it all one night, Ashley, after waiting up for the visitor, turned the porch light on when he heard the creature on the veranda. The creature dived off the balcony breaking the small palm tree on its way.

On a separate night he waited with a friend at the window and they both claim to have witnessed a large bark figure appear by the wire fence at the back of the yard, only to disappear again behind the garden. It was at this point when they decided to contact the AYR via the GCBRO website.

Our first task of the operation was to set up an electric trip wire surrounding the parameter of the property which Trevor had pre-made prior to the journey. As the investigation began, Ashley worked on the camera surveillance, while Steve buried cables in the lawn for the backyard camera that faced back towards the veranda.

Four cameras plus infra red was put in place, along with a VCR and monitor in the bedroom. A panic switch which let of a high decibel siren was added incase they felt under threat.

Once 60% of the equipment was et in place, Steve geared up for a perimeter check of the property and surrounding bushland while everything back at the house was made ready for the first night of surveillance.

During the process of finishing the install, Steve radioed in with a report of a man-made dwelling approximately 150m on the other side of the fence line, which was set in the heavy forest that surrounded most of the property.

As dusk fell on the first night, all team members were confined to the house with an allocated vantage point. The main problem with being confined indoors at this house was the fact that any movement at all resulted in heavy creaking of the old wooden floor boards, that made it very difficult to move around without being heard.

My first observation when we arrived was the house had no curtains. Basically every room of the house was visible from outside, especially at night – including the bedroom and bathroom.

At approximately 7-8pm, we had an security breach. The parameter trip sensor had been activated and everyone rushed to the monitor. I was in the front bedroom at the time when I heard Ashley (Resident) comment, “What is Dean doing outside, is that Dean?”. A figure was seen on the monitor at the rear of the house, then promptly disappeared, and it certainly was not I

When the tape was played back as confirmation, we noted an important point for the future – someone should press the record button earlier on. Another law from Murphy struck hard…..

Unhappy with not recording the footage, and against popular opinion, I rushed outside and into the backyard for a visual of the intruder. I found where the breach occurred and followed foot impressions through the backyard to the side of the property. A very large spider wed approximately 1m wide had been freshly walked through and the tracks lead into the banana plantation over the fence.

I had already formed an opinion by this stage, and the pieces were slowly being placed together. During the night there was very little movement around the house, although the occasional nut from tree branches above the bedroom fell, then skidded sideways from the corrugation of the tin roof. Not surprisingly, I felt this was the noise that the residents had described as the mystery “rock throwing”.

The Terrier was in the house and certainly refused to stay outside, however I observed the fact that this dog showed a deep fear of basically anything, including the owner. I feel that it would have been scared of a domestic cat if one ventured into the yard, and on the basis of it being a cowardly character, I disregarded the notion that it was freaked by a lurking “Hominid”, but more so scared of the dark.

The horses came to the lower fenceline near the house as described by the residents, but again I feel that this is where they came each night regardless and where they are more than likely used to be fed there rather than being driven there by fear.

Each time one of our team moved in the house during the night, the old wooden floor boards amplified the movements and it became impossible to remain quiet. The best option in my mind was to sleep by the windows, thus quietening down the unusual and excess noise.

According to Ashley and Sabrina, this was the first full night sleep they had in weeks, secure in the knowledge that they were being fully guarded by people and equipment.

I woke several times during the night to check the yard for movement, but nothing stepped on the veranda or tripped the sensors. It was an uneventful night.

The next morning Preacher and John (ex-military) arrived early. Steve and Trevor disappeared on bushland search for evidence, as Ashley (AYR), made the finishing adjustments on the equipment. I searched the muddy back-lots of the property boundary for prints, but found very little that could be considered as “concrete”.

After Preacher and John were briefed on situation, they moved out into the surrounding bushland.

I contacted Steve on the radio to find the track entrance that lead to the mystery dwelling that he found the previous afternoon.

At the bottom end of the property on the opposite side of the fenceline, I found the track. It was very well used and resembled a typical human walking track that you might find in a national Park. I noted markings and breaks on trees as I made my way up the slight hill through the bush. It was obvious to me that this track was/is being used more than regularly.

I found my way to the hut, suspicious as to why the track lead back to the property. My initial thoughts of the structure was that it resembled a council dwelling, as it was very well made and established.

Stolen council signs adorned the hut both externally and within. Outdoor chairs were by the door, along with a table and various rubbish that had been recently used.

The hut itself was comfortably furnished and evidence of drug use was abundant. Typical signs of teenagers was apparent, and it was obvious that whoever used this hut felt rather secure and had no fear or problems of it being discovered. It was also obvious that it was still being used on a regular basis.

While in the hut, Ashley (AYR), radioed with information regarding teenagers in the area pertaining to some correlation with the neighbours. Steve and Trevor then reported in concerning a Marijuana plantation they had stumbled across after they had left the hut an hour prior to my arrival to the site.

As quickly as that message came through, Preacher and John ordered complete radio silence. I met up with Preacher and John in the forest who were very unhappy with the radio feeds. They mentioned that anyone could be listening to our communications and more to the point, there was a radio back in the house. It was unwise to broadcast information at this stage due to the nature of the finds and at that stage we couldn’t rule out the involvement of the residents (Ashley and Sabrina) themselves. The picture was now becoming far more involved than we imagined, and it was now time to get serious.

Ashley (AYR) secured the spare radio at the house, while myself, Preacher and John changed to a secure channel.

At this stage the focus of the operation turned from a potential Yowie related matter to an investigation to find the facts behind something a little more sinister, a human related problem.

We now had re-focus all our attention to the human related signs in the surrounding forest. We now needed to investigate any evidence linking the drugs to the property, the residents, owners of the property or neighbours. We had to get to the bottom of case and find the facts behind what was “really” going on out here. We had to find out who the ‘suspected’ teenagers were, where they came from and why Ashley and Sabrina have been ‘allegedly’ targeted, and indeed “IF” they were really targeted at all, or if they were somehow involved in any way?

I cautiously made my way to the bordering fenceline and slowly worked along the parameter, following any tracks I could find that lead from the boundary into the bush. It wasn’t long before I found another plantation.

Steve and Trevor found radioed with details on another main ‘mother plantation’ they located. I discovered various pots and fertilizer which lead me to my second crop. All indications at this time showed a direct involvement with the property. Whoever was servicing these plants entered the area from the horse paddock at the higher end towards the back of the land.

Beyond the fence line at the top of the paddocks, the bush became thick and resembling more of a Jungle atmosphere. Its was at this point where it seemed unlikely any of the locals venture. It turned to overgrown valleys and peaks. The Lantana gripped the landscape and consumed much of the native foliage. There were very few tracks or trails, and I found myself gently ‘cutting’ my way through until I found the odd opening where I could walk more freely.

After a further hour of hiking into the more mountainous terrain, I found my way to the top of a hill, then sat against tree stump to rest and assess the morning finds. I thought of each and every possibility and had reached some firm conclusions. The thought of “Yowie” was no far from my mind, and whatever the case may have been, the fact remained that the Ashley and Sabrina may have been in danger.

The thought that they simply called us out as Vigilantes, and using the story of a Yowie to secure us, did cross my mind. I decided to tackle this question head-on when I returned to the house. It was time for them to be straight with us and provide a more accurate picture, but this conversation would have to be held in private.

They seemed to be good people and I knew either way the story may head, the team would still work towards helping them in anyway they can.

I got to my feet, picked up my backpack and radio. I suddenly froze in a mid-stoop position, staring at the ground.

I was confronted with a clear footprint. Not a shoe print, but a bare foot measuring close to 12 x 6.5”, and all five toes were apparent. Although the print had been slightly rain-washed, it was cemented like rock in what was once thick mud beside the stump only inches from where I sat. Beside this clear print of a left foot, was another print – a right foot.

The story of this expedition took yet another unexpected twist. My adrenaline levels rose and I found evidence of more, but less clear prints around the old tree stump. Due to low light levels under the forest canopy, it was difficult to produce enough contrast on my video camera to do the prints justice.

I knew very well that these unhospitable conditions was no place for a person to be aimlessly wandering around without shoes, and above all, they ‘certainly’ were not the shape of the average human foot. These were string evidence of a hairy man in the area.

Documenting my thoughts and feelings on video, I continued on taking more notice of what could now potentially be Yowie related signs. I stated on the video that “I now believed we were dealing on a two fold situation where there is human involvement at play and also a possible hairy-man occasionally roaming the property.

After I climbed the back boundary fence and entered the property on my return, Preacher and John radioed for me to ‘lay low’. I lay still on the ground in thick grass wondering what was happening? Peering down the hill towards the house I could see people at the lower fence, looking through binoculars at the forest 70m to my right.

Preacher radioed for me to slowly make my way to the side fence close to the bushline. Once at the fence via Preacher and John’s guidance, I worked my way through, then hid behind a log within the forest tree line.

The synopsis on he situation was the a figure has been sighted in the bushline and the crew below were tracking it when I came into view. They were unsure whether the figure was either a hominid or human, however the vibe was that it appeared to be large.

Funnily enough, at this stage I thought both Preacher and John were in the bush ahead of me and were guiding me to their position, but I couldn’t find them. They were among the crew down below. Feeling protected/covered by Preacher and John’s ‘resources’ (which again, thought was close by), I crawled painstakingly slowly on my stomach to where the figure was last sighted. I sat there for approximately 30 minutes, however not a twig broke and there was no sign of any intruder.

Soon after returning to the house, I then returned to the hut with Ashley (AYR) who was still yet to see it. Following various surrounding tracks , we also stumbled upon the main plantation.

Before dusk, back at the house, I led Ashley (resident) aside for a talk in the barn. Feeling there was a degree of deception in the air, I was in no mood for games. I painted a picture of what was happening around them without their knowledge, then produced a scenario in which ‘he’ was directly implicated with the plantations.

I harshly pursued a confession for quite sometime, however the true astonishment in his eyes regarding my take on the situation was convincing enough to rule he and Sabrina out of the equation. Added to that, he called for Sabrina to listen to what we discovered.

The Verdict:

Ashley and Sabrina moved into this house 3 weeks ago. Their goal was to run a Childcare business from home and live an open lifestyle on a semi rural property.

The knew little about the owners who occupied the house for the past 17 years. During the background check, Ashley discovered the son of the Owners also had a friend of the same age who lives/d in the house next door on the hill.

The female owner who could be describes as ‘alternate’, comes to the house a few mornings per week to feed the horses. According to Ashley and Sabrina, she promptly disappears over the hill in the top paddock – in the same direction to where the smaller and newer plants were found.

The neighbours son was also seen on occasions walking through the top paddock and entering the bush close to the hut.

The neighbour himself is close friends with the female owner and more than likely keeps an eye on the house.

No curtains in the house including bathroom and bedroom. Immediate suspicion crept into my mind, as Sabrina is quite an attractive girl and if it was known that they both walked around ‘naked’ between the bedroom and shower, the motive of voyeurism is a strong case towards ‘bumps’ outside the windows at night.

To put this theory of a voyeur to the test, and to confirm my previous nights suspicions of the neighbour breaching out perimeter wires, I walked straight out the front door at 8pm (time of last nights breach) and directly towards neighbours fence – sure enough, someone launched themself from the bushes outside the house and promptly made their way home up the driveway.

The drugs had obviously been growing for many years and both neighbours were in on the act. After the woman and son moved out of the house, (and Ashley and Sabrina moved in) – the neighbours looked after matters, thus regularly seen crossing the top paddocks towards the plants and hut. On their return during the night, they discovered that they could see clearly into the house and more than likely ‘a naked female’ on occasion and a new pastime was initiated.

The “rocks on the roof” was nothing more than nuts being dropped from an over hanging tree, then hitting the corrugated iron and bouncing along the tin and into the guttering.

The shadows outside may have been the neighbours, as too the ‘creature’ that launched off the veranda, although I couldn’t explain the footprints found in the next valley?

The after effect

The cameras were left at the location to give them some piece of mind. We shed light on their problems and made them aware of a situation that surrounding them.

On the trip home while travelling North through Grafton, I received a call from Ashley on my mobile phone. Apparently Ashley, Sabrina and a friend were standing at the base of the bottom paddock soon after we left looking through binoculars, when they claim the ‘Yowie’ walked across the top corner of the paddock in full view. “It was just like the picture from ‘Out of the Shadows’”.

Later in the week, Ashley confronted the woman owner of the property and told her he wanted to plants gone before Sabrina had her Childcare closed down over the issue. At first she agreed, however it wasn’t long before the matter turned ugly.

She requested they leave the house and spread rumours among the community about the Childcare. Some parents believed the stories and pulled their children out. The Police arrived and accused them of having a group of Camo-clad milisha on the property, heavily armed and shooting everything that moved (not a shot was fired for the entire weekend).

During the nights while the IR was left on, nothing approached the house and all was quiet, but once the IR was turned off – the problems immediately returned. This is the same story we hear each time we employ the use of Infrared.

A hair sample was obtained from the ‘creature’ after it was disturbed at night close to the house. It ran through the backyard, jumped a fence and crashed over a children's sea-saw. A large clump of hair was left wedged in the centre swivel which included 20 follicles.

They sent the samples to us for analysis. The samples were ‘demanded’ by a Detroit research lab who convinced me they are leaders in primate DNA. The samples were sent – then destroyed in the USA – we never heard back from them again after the bad news……………

Later in the year both Ashley and Sabrina moved out.

Synopsis: There more than likely a hairyman roaming the woods, however I feel most of their problems was human related.
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by GCBRO Web Master
From the files of Dean Harrison
(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division

Report information gathered by GCBRO. Witness information confidential
DATE: 10-09-99

TIME: 11:30 P.M.

TERRAIN: Mountains and Bushland

OBSERVED: : At approx 1130pm on 9th October 1999, my wife was still up finishing painting some cupboards on our back verander,we are surrounded on three sides by bush, and are used to seeing many types of birds and animals incuding wombats,wallabies,cockatoos etc. On the night in question I was reading in bed waiting for her to finish, when she came running in calling me to come quickly, for she said she heard something that she couldnt explain. No sooner had I reached the verander, when an almighty ROARRRRR sounded, she said that it seemed to almost react to my presence, being twice as loud as previously,I must admit that I have never in my life heard something as blood chilling as this noise was, it went on about 7 times in total,each ROAR approx 2 to 3 minutes appart. Unfortunatly we had flat batteries in our torch so we couldnt see what it was,but I swear that niether of us have ever heard such a sound come from any known Australian animal,(or Human).

Other Notes: There is an area close by (fire trail) where my wife has consistently felt as if she was being watched, once even running quickly from the seen.

Description of Creature:

Report taken and posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Dean Harrison
Submitted by Bobby Hamilton

REPORT RECEIVED: From the GCBRO Online Reports Submissions Form
DATE: 1991

TIME: Very late at night

1st near Cox's River at junction of breakfast Creek)
2nd near Jenolan Caves on "Six Foot Track at Allum Creek)

TERRAIN: Mountains

OBSERVED: 1. first a horse broke it's shackles and bolted. the owner stated that something had been spooked. Later a small gathering of cattle had been scared and were running up the river in a mini-stampede. This was followed by a very loud bellowing sound from down the river. The sound was as powerful as a bull's bellowing and had the "voice" of a human. It went "wo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o", for about 5 seconds, on three occasions.

2. The same sound was heard approx. 1 year later while in a different part of the Blue Mountains.

The sound was very loud and very scary.

Description of Creature: N/A

Activities of Witness: One person was chasing his horse, the other campers chose to ignore the events of the night as normal animal behavior.

2. The girl I was camping with thought that if ever there was anything that sounded like a "yowie", that did.

Other Notes: Several other people have told me stories about encounters, all have involved rocks being thrown at people and buildings
(3 stories)

1. kids have tent flattened by large rock while camping near Picton NSW

2. coal mine at old Burragorang Colliery has roof rocked on regular basis by Yowie

3. scouts are chased out of megalong valley, blue mountains by one, then several yowies and have rocks thrown at them all night.

Other Other Notes: This report was directed to our fellow GCBRO member as well as the founder of the AHR, in Australia, Dean Harrison. He is doing the follow-ups on this report.

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Bobby Hamilton
(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division

Report information gathered by Dean Harrison. Witness information confidential
DATE: Jan. 99

TERRAIN: Bush

OBSERVED: A small group of Teenage boys were building a bush hut when they were chased out of the bush by something they descibed as very big and heavy, their vision was blocked by thick foliage and they were too busy running to get a good look at the ceature. The area of bushland they were in, unbeknown to them, has
had recent sightings of a very agressive Yowie.

The next day when they returned to the bush, they found there hut completely demolished and "D" cell
batteries that they had dropped during the short chase were bitten in half. Strangly they found a slimey red
substance in the middle of the batteries.

When asked if any other strange happenings, it was revealed that around 10 o'clock most nights very loud
whistling nioses eminated from the bush. When asked to describe the niose, all that could be said was that it
sounded like atleast 3 types of different birds in one. Crow, Kookaburra and Magpie.

Their Parents are also at a loss about the strange bird like calls.

Other Notes:

Description of Creature:

(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division

DATE: Jan. 99

TERRAIN: Not described

OBSERVED: A lady returning home from a local club had to swerve her car to miss an 8' hairy man that took long strides and looked incredebly heavy.

The creature still staring at the car walked very calmly into the bush.

Other Notes: Many people in her area of the Hinterland have had simular experiences with these creatures crossing the
road right in front of their cars.

Description of Creature:

Jan. 99
Gold Coast Hinterland.
(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division
Report submitted by Dean Harrison. Witness information confidential

DATE: July 94.

TERRAIN: On the edge of the Murray River

OBSERVED: Three Men on a fishing Weekend were drifting on a small boat with the tide along the Murray River.

The Murray River runs along the border of Victoria and New South Wales.

As they were drifting silently for quite some time, they rounded a corner were they found three hairy 'beings' resembling large hairy people standing on the edge of the river.
One of the Men recall that they were down wind of the Creatures and that the three were looking the other way.
As they neared, they could see there were Two Adults and one small one presumably a 'child'.
Surprised at what they saw, they began to talk nervously amongst themselves. The small one turned around and when seeing the boat coming towards them 'squealed', alerting the larger creatures, and they all ran quickly into the forest.

The three men started the Engine into the bank where they were standing and gave chase, but they were no where to be seen.

Other Notes: None

Description of Creature: Large and Hairy.

(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division
DATE: 1997

TERRAIN: Rocky Cliffs and thick bush land surrounded by water

OBSERVED: Three men returning from a fishing trip at 11pm had just pulled their Boat from the water off the Hawksburry River and were loading the rest of their gear into their car when they all heard a crashing noise at the top of a high hill peak.
The hill was extremely steep and impossible for a Human to climb comfortably, one man said that it was a kind of Hill that you would fall down rather walk down.

They listened to the noise up above when suddenly a huge two legged creature "ran" at high speed down the side of the seemingly impossible terrain. "This thing ran all the way down like it was a flat running track" stated one man.

It crashed through trees like they were toothpicks all the way down. They stood still and watched as this "thing" turned around at the bottom and raced all the way back to the top again as if it was totally effortless.

It was very dark and the bush was very thick, far too hard to get a good visual. They said there was no doubt that it was on two legs from the thunderous footsteps and to this day they rarely talk about it for fear of ridicule.One man said, "I feel that we all know what it was, but who would Believe us?"

Other Notes: The Hawksburry area is covered with impassable cliffs, caves, water and bushland. There are many tails of the Yowies in this area from the the Convicts in the 1800's to today in this area.

Description of Creature: huge two legged creature "ran" at high speed

(G.C.B.R.O.)
Australian Division
DATE: Early 90's

TERRAIN: Not described

OBSERVED: Three men were out camping for a night in the thick bush in the far West of Sydney.

At around midnight and after a few beers, they decided to go for a walk. They walked down a wide track trough the bush with their torch’s off for atmosphere, and as they were walking they could hear some leaves rustling up ahead.
The man with the torch turned it on to see a large ape like creature "swing" out of a tree onto their path, then stood upright. Both the creature and the men were as startled as each other. The men jumped, turned and ran towards camp and as they were running they could hear the huge creature running away in the opposite direction.
When they got back to their site, they packed up as quickly as possible and got out of there. This was the first experience of a Yowie for all of the men who had lived in the surrounding mountains for a long time.

Other Notes: None

Description of Creature: huge ape like creature, stood upright

DATE: Ongoing

TERRAIN: Dense Brushland

OBSERVED: Over the last two years the trees immediately surrounding my house have been ripped, bitten and shredded. I saw similar pictures on your web site, but the trees around here don’t seem to be bitten to the core, only the bark has been stripped in most cases, with a few bearing sap.

The amount of trees attacked totals between 50 and 100.

As well as this, I have heard heavy breathing outside my window. Also a very large, heavy creature can sometimes be heard running or moving through the adjacent bushland at night only. This triggers our dogs to bark wildly and become quite jumpy.

We also heard heavy footsteps at a friend’s house one night (500 - 1000m away from where I live), and in the morning we went into the bush in the general direction of where the noises came from and found footprints.

Other Notes: I have been to this location and have found typical Yowie tracks and marks. The shredded trees are very similar to the BF.

Description of Creature: large, heavy creature, heavy breathing

DATE: 95&rsquo

TERRAIN: House backing onto a swampy valley

OBSERVED: A family moved into a new house backing onto a heavily treed valley in a quite street. They had a small dog that "yapped" a lot. The people weren’t aware of their neighbors knowledge of what roamed the valley. At night the dog would bark and bark at the back fence, until one night it wasn’t heard barking at all.

The next morning the they found their little dog ripped into small pieces and thrown around the bush. There were no teeth marks, just ripped apart.

Their neighbors response was "welcome to the neighborhood".

Other Notes: I have been to this location, seen the 6’ Yowie for myself and spoken to the neighbors who passed this story onto
me.

Description of Creature: none

Return to “New South Wales”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting