(GCBRO) Ontario Sightings

Sighting reports of Bigfoot from this Canadian Province
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
Posts: 2741
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 am

(GCBRO) Ontario Sightings

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:00 am

Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: January 1, 2009

DATE: December 20, 1992

TIME: 8:00 PM

LOCATION: Ontario, Canada


OBSERVED: This was not a bigfoot/sasquatch encounter, but the witness of foot prints/tracks in the snow, by two young boys, aged 10.

16 years ago, a boy named Xxxxxx and myself friends at the time. We lived across the street from each other until i moved away not long after.
It was evening time, dark, the sun having set not too long ago, by recollection. Twilight. Dark, but not dead of night.
My friend and I had been playing, hanging out in his backyard which we did often at the time. His Backyard had a short fence, which on the other side was a small middle school, a jungle gym/Park area for children/community, and a stretch of grassy land which connected/borders large patches of forests, unbuilt land, divided by main roads.

Me and my friend were getting ready to go home because it was getting dark, around 7 or 8pm, and it was winter, with fresh snow because it had been snowing that day, so much that it blanketed every inch of grassy land. We were playing in and around the area surrounding his house, his backyard, which connected to the park and forest, as well as the sides of his house. We were at the South-western side of his house when we came upon his back yard, fresh snow everywhere except for our own distinct shoe prints and tracks. I noticed tracks leading from his back yard fence to the other side of the house where we were not, and seldom spent time, it was narrower, closer to the other house, with less room to play around. That side was used much less. no one around there ever, just a small alley leading up to his front door and the neighbors door.

Upon closer inspection, we noticed the tracks WERE NOT shoe prints, as we could clearly, and distinctly see the difference.
It was the outline of a hominid foot, like a a very big gorilla or ape. We thought it was human at first, we could clearly see the impression of 5 digits which included a pair of two big toes. These prints were much bigger than our own shoe prints.

That's not saying a lot, EXCEPT that we clearly saw THESE prints were way too big to be adult human feet. We knew what our own shoe prints looked like. We knew what bigger, adult shoe prints looked like, in the snow. These human-looking prints were very big, even for a human. Im sure we may have fantasized, but we didn't believe what we were seeing. The prints looked like those of a very large person, maybe 8 feet tall. We then joked it could be a sasquatch because of the large open area, vacant at night which connected to a forest. These tracks scared us. The evidence, staring us in the face defied our doubts or disbelief.

Whoever this being was, it hopped the short wire fence, and walked straight ahead toward the other side of the house, where we were not, and beyond. We clearly saw extra large footprints from the fence across his backyard to the alleyway between houses and toward a quiet street between our two houses, at the time. We were too scared to investigate the tracks further into the already really dark alley way. It was night already, which was why decided to end play and to go home, right before we came upon the tracks leading to the OTHER side of the house. The unique, large foot prints that indented the snow had human-like contours to it, which frightened us enough to go straight home.

Because of that night, and other people's accounts, i believe that this creature exists, Bigfoot, sasquatch, yeti, australopithecus, what ever we want to call it.

Activities of Witness: We were hanging out and conversing, playing make believe/using our imagination, entertaining ourselves outside, and enjoying the winter snow.

Description of Creature: Creature itself was not witnessed.

Other Notes: The area is quiet, older suburb houses built in the 70's, surrounded by many large wooded, forest areas, many old trees. Not a lot of human activity, economically declining area in terms of local businesses. The area is very sleepy.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: May 1, 2007

DATE: July 1990

TIME: Noon

LOCATION: Canada, McRae Lake Georgian Bay area

TERRAIN: Medium sized lake with fingers of water bodies, extremely deep and cold very rough terrain there are no known trails in or around the lake at the time some edges of land are very steep and vertical at south end of water body there are swamps i believe that these lands are crown land

OBSERVED: Me and friend from toronto were on a canoe that we had portaged in with to do some fishing i remember it was a week day because we always waited for the weekend to pass to miss all the traffic to go away. We were on the canoe about fifty feet from the shore at approximately noon hour when we both noticed it was extremely quiet as usual the next closest land was approx. 600 feet away then all of the sudden there was a huge bolder/rock flew over our heads from the direction of the nearest land i would estimate the rock to be approx. two feet in diameter and approx. weight if i had to guess would be approx. 150 lb.. chris and i both caught a glimpse of the rock before it entered the water . the rock landed approx. 20 to 30 feet past us so that means however the rock became airborne it had to travel the distance of a minimum of 80 to 90 feet. i don't know of any man that could perform this feat .we were both startled and decided to move further away from the shore immediately. We never heard anything moving at all this makes me very curious what could have done this.

Activities of Witness: In canoe on lake to do some fishing.

Description of Creature: N/A

Other Notes: N/A

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: February 5, 2006

DATE: October 1, 1978

TIME: Between 6 and 8 p.m.

LOCATION: Pancake Bay, Ontario Canada

TERRAIN: Public dump, surrounded by thick forest.

OBSERVED: I was 9 years old at the time. We went to this dump on several occasions to watch black bears. On one evening, as the sun was setting several of the bears began watching to woods to our right. Within a few minutes all of the bears, I believe there were about 6 or seven in the dump, began to walk and run slowly to our left and into the forest on that side. In just a few seconds, a large animal walked a few yards into the open, turned away from us walked maybe 20 to 25 yards along the woods , turned again and vanished into the forest. It covered that distance in only a few seconds and did not appear to be in a rush.

Activities of Witness: We were told by locals at the time that it was a great place to watch bears. My father being a serious hunter wanted to go and watch them.

Description of Creature: This encounter was very brief, and the entire area was rather dark, so I couldn't see any good details. My father and I guessed that it was about 8 foot tall, no more than that. It was either dark or black, covered in hair. I would think that it was 450 to 500 pounds. It walked upright leaning slightly forward. I do remember that it was much larger from the waist up. It's head seemed a little small for its size, and it had little if any neck. Like I said, we couldn't see any real detail because of the low light and the distance, which was around 50 yards when we first sighted it.

Other Notes: N/A

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: No. We were in the area for only a short time. My father was there for a conference of some kind, and brought me along.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

DATE: October 15, 1984

TIME: 1:00 AM

LOCATION: Ontario, Canada


OBSERVED: I was driving at night with my brother looking for a field in which to set up our telescope. We stopped at an isolated dirt road intersection and while I tried to figure which way to turn, my brother told me to turn the car around because he had a "bad feeling";. He was very scared, so I backed the car to turn. Suddenly my brother shouted and as I looked ahead, a large ape like creature crossed our headlights. It was walking beside our car moving slightly away with it's head turned to the right looking at us. I panicked and drove for over a mile in reverse at high speed.

Activities of Witness: Driving at night looking for an isolated filed to set up a telescope.

Description of Creature: Immense presence. Approx. 400 lb. and over 7 feet tall. Dark non shiny
hair. Facial characteristics almost human. Blank expression. Black skin. Dark eyes with no white.

Other Notes: There was a very intense display of northern lights, which is why we had the telescope.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by: Confidential
REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Reports Submission page.

DATE: 08/99

TIME: 5 :30 Pm

LOCATION: Canada, Ontario


OBSERVED: I was on my way back to work and it was 5:30 pm. It was still daylight being it was in the summer. I was driving on Highway xxx when all of a sudden I see this thing which I thought was a bear crossing the road headed into the woods. I have never seen a bear so I just assumed this what it must be. When I got home that night from work I told my husband I saw a bear. He asked me about it and I told him it was quite tall and had brown head and arms and his body was dark color. He came out of the woods and walked acroos the higway into the woods. I told my husband he walked all the way standing up. When I told my husband this he said bears don't walk standing up. Shows how much I knew. He said what I described sounded like a Sasquatch. If there is such a thing then I guess that is what i saw. I just found this site after watching a special on Big Foot and I pulled up this site.

Low and behold I couldn't belive when I was reading other accounts that the one you have listed for June 30 2002 the one on Skotmatta Lake Road is right here in Cloyne also right off highway xx also.

Activities of Witness: Walking across the highway into the woods

Description of Creature: it was quite tall and had brown head and arms and his body was dark color.

Other Notes:I I just found on your site there was someone that heard strange noises in the same township about 20 KLM from where I am in June 2002.

Additional Notes or Comments: N/A

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: Rick Tullos
Reported by: Confidential
REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form

DATE: 12-24-02









Activities of Witness: FEEDING RABBIT

Description of Creature: N/A

Other Notes: N/A

Additional Notes or Comments: N/A

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Online Submission Form

DATE: 06/30/02

TIME: 11:00 P.M.

LOCATION: Lake Skootamatta, Ontario, Canada
On the southwestern shores of Lake Skootamatta.Crown Land near Bon Echo Provincial Park.
Old Algonqiuan land. Near Highway 41. Half hour drive west of Cloyne on an old logging/fishing
road towards Lingham Lake.


OBSERVED: What myself and my friends heard on this night can be described a few ways...After the first couple seconds of the "sound", I thought it was just an animal mating call (similiar to a loon or owl call, but more complex). As it continued on for about 15 seconds or so, we all stopped what we were doing and realized it wasn't an animal call at all. It sounded "structured", almost musical in nature. I suggested that it was definetly of "human" or hominid origin. It resembled someone/thing re-creating a hunting call or mating call. Others in the group had similiar thoughts ( a Native Canadian, an Owl, Hunters, Pranksters, Windigo). Without having an audio file of it, I can only described it as an "OOOO, Ooo,OOOO,OOO, AHHHH, AHHH" sound, but with many high/low variances and human-like tones about it.

After we heard the sound, my friend and I grabbed our flashlights and headed toward the direction in which the sound came from. My friend rushed ahead and said he could hear something big back there, breaking branches.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESSES: We were playing cards. People were talking loudly, laughing. Some people
and children were asleep in their tents. Some acoustic guitar being played.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Nothing seen, only the intial call/sound and the sound of branches being broken.

OTHER NOTES: I had found native pictographs on some rocks on this site 5 years prior. Lake Skootamatta is part of the old Algonqian territory. Approximately two hours after the initial call which was very close, I heard
a similiar sounding second call. This time is was much further away and eminated from a direction 45 degrees from the original calls location. Two separate calls this time, each much shorter than the intial one.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA: We have been to this spot for about the last 7 years and never heard
anything like it before. Next time there we will speak to some of the locals about it and see if there were any other reports.

Report submitted by Mary Green
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: 08/15/01

TIME: Noon

LOCATION: Muskoka, Ontario Canada, Georgian Bay

TERRAIN: Edge of Georgian Bay, low lying wooded area

OBSERVED: Observed a large Bipedal creature, shaggy Black Grey hair/fur. The creature 30 ft up in an old maple tree tearing off branches and using them to hit the trunk. When we first saw the creature it appeared to be a small black bear. As we approached the tree the creature we believe tried to urinate on us, it was spitting as well, a friend actually got some on his clothes. When we saw the creature move along a branch we noticed it had human charactoristics. Also a strong musk smell was noticed, it smelled foul of sweat/urine "like a wet dog". After this we "ran away".

This encounter was noted by 3 guys as strange as this reads this was our experience.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Exploring Government Land

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Smell, it smelled foul of sweat/urine "like a wet dog"
Black grey fur/ approx. 6-7ft. /thick upper body.



OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA: On a report previously read on this site.

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: March 22, 2002

TIME: 11:30 A.M.

LOCATION: Canada, Ontario

TERRAIN: Open field next to a river.

OBSERVED: I saw a large ape type figure walking through the field going towards the river. The thing was about 6'5" and I was about 200 yards away so I was quite close. The thing showed no aggresion towards myself or the horses that were in the field. It made a grunting sound when it walked and had a strut. There was some hair found on the trees that were on the shore of the river.


DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: It was about 6'5" and very hairy. It walked like a human but was way too big to be one. It looked about 400lbs. with very wide shoulders. It was like half ape half human



Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Fay Easley
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: August 10, 1986

TIME: During the day, not sure of the time

LOCATION: Canada, Ontario


OBSERVED: We were camping in a local provincial park with a few friends back 15 or so years ago when I was a teen. We saw a large "monkey" like creature sitting at the bank of a river from about 100 ft or so. At first we thought it was a black bear but it stood up and we realized it had to be over 7ft tall, with a thick grey fur. It noticed us, looked at us for a few seconds and briskly jogged away down the river bank. We herded back to the car, then decided to go back a half hour later. About 50 ft from the river bank where we saw this creature we saw a large 'plate shaped' turd beside a tree. It looked full of apple seeds and looked fairly fresh.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Looking for firewood

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Large black/grey fur, tall with a hunched back




Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Fay Easley
Reported by Confidential

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: 07/31/01

TIME: Late evening

LOCATION: North Bay Ontario,Canada


OBSERVED: I was out camping with my friends 2 days ago and we were all in the tent and we heard a noise coming from the back of the tent. It sounded about 30-50 feet away. We jumped out of the tent and scrambled out the tent with our flash lights (we are 16-17 year old girls so we were all hiding behind John, Trever and Steve.) then we saw movment in the trees. All of a sudden this thing about 7 feet tall ran out into the clearing where we were camping just skidding around the edge and then ran back into the woods. We never slept that night.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): We were in the tent, eating chips and pop, we talking about a person we know. We were just getting ready for bed I am guessing it was about 12-1 in the morning.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: It was about 7 feet tall with dark fur covering it and it's face looked like a gorilla. that is the best I could describe it.

OTHER NOTES: The noise was like my mom yelling at me. A yell is what it was. The thing charged at us like a mother bear protecting it's baby!


Follow up:

Report taken and posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Trent Merrifield
Reported by Confidential

NOTE: I was told by submitters wife that her husband had been called to emergency duty. I have not heard anymore about the video. Therefore, take this report for what it is.
Thank You, Mary Green
This report contains two audio files
RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: Septemer 14, 2001 through September 17, 2001

TIME: (See journal below)

LOCATION:Northern Ontario, Canada, about 8 to 8 1/2 hours
north of Toronto


OBSERVED: One of the eyewitness, Mike, has shared his journal of he and his friend's experience in the wilderness, deep in Ontario, Canada.

Sept 14th, 2001

Jim thinks it would be a good idea for us to keep a journal after our incident last night. I agreed and got stuck with the task of writing it up, Jim all the time saying that his grammar and writing leaves a lot to be desired.

There are four of us up here. Myself, Jim, Devon and Kyle. We finally got our timetables organized enough to make this trip for the weekend. Previous attempts did not see the light of day as everyone had last minute things come up so they could not make it.
We are about 7 miles north of Kapuskasing, Ontario. There are no roads up here and the dirt trail that enters the area from Hwy XX is only X miles long so we have to park at the end of the road then hike the rest of the way.

We arrived at the end of the dirt road at about 9:30pm last night. After getting all of our packs on we started on our hike to the cabin. We talked almost the whole way there, not really paying attention to anything else since it was pretty dark-nothing to see anyways.

When we reached the river we started making jokes about Devon crapping his pants because of the smell in the area. The smell would come and go, almost similar to a strong manure. I think it was Kyle who said that it was probably a few moose or something and that they probably just relieved themselves in the area. After crossing the river by the rock patch we stopped for a few minutes for a break.

We were still chatting quite a bit but at one point there was a break in the conversation when we heard a muffled “thump”. It kind of sounded like a tree falling from a distance.
Everyone heard it and we all said to each other “Did you hear that?” but it was quickly forgotten. We started our hike again.

We traveled for about another 30 minutes when Kyle stopped and said “Wait!”
We paused and we silent for a moment. We could hear twigs snapping not too far away. We all pointed our flashlights in the same general area and we could see nothing.
Devon said it was an animal or something and I think that we all came to the same conclusion so we started walking again. After another 5 minutes we all heard a “cry” like we never heard before. My hair was standing up on my arms. It scared the hell out of me and I think everyone else felt the same way. I remember saying “What the hell was that?” and Jim said “I have no “f*****g idea”

I think all of us were pretty shaken up but we slowly started walking again. Another 2 or 3 minutes later we heard it again. Devon took his pack off and found his camcorder and Kyle mentioned something like “It won’t work worth a crap in the dark, Dev”. Devon said he wanted to get the sound. Murphy’s Law…We did not hear it again for the duration of the trip to the cabin. When we arrived we lit all the lanterns in the cabin, rolled out our sleeping bags on the beds then sat around talking about the trip and the sounds.

It took us about 4 hours to hike here. Now that there is sunlight everything looks to be in order. The bunker box has a few tiny scratches on it, I assume that the raccoons were responsible for this. The generator fired up nicely but gave a big puff of smoke when it started. Jim says that the rings are going and it’s letting oil into the cylinder. Sounds like my Honda. We haven’t heard or seen anything unusual since last night but I will keep a record of anything “odd” as long as we are here.

4:18pm, Sept 14
Kyle came back to the cabin after going to the river to fish. He said that he heard twigs snapping again but could not see anything. He also mentioned that he felt unusual, like he was being observed. Jim said it might have been him since he was in the bush collecting kindling for the firepit.

9:55pm, Sept 14
I had to come inside to write this since I couldn’t see very well around the firepit. That crying noise is back. We cannot tell which direction it is coming from because it’s echoing a bit. Devon went inside to get his camcorder a few minutes ago. There have been four cries tonight. I just heard the last one as I came inside to sit down. We cannot tell how far away the source is but it is loud. **RECORDING 1

1:15am, Sept 15
Jim and Kyle have put out the firepit. Everyone is back inside the cabin. Devon is in bed.
We heard the cry one last time while we were inside. All of us are making guesses as to what it is and Jim and I think it is a moose in heat or something like that.

7:40am Sept 15
I have been up for about 30 minutes or so. Devon is doing his duty in bush since the porta-potty is not working right. Jim and Kyle just got up and I asked them why they turned the picnic table on it’s side and they both said that they didn’t. When Devon came back I asked him if he did it and he said no. Jim went outside to look at the picnic table and he said that one of the legs was cracked. The bunker box was also open and the garbage bag was ripped apart and two bottles were smashed. Kyle said the bunker box was closed last night because he was the one who put the garbage bag in there since the generator was taken out of it. He said he did not lock it but latched it shut to stop the raccoons from getting into it. That funny smell is back but it’s not as strong.

12:47pm Sept 15
Jim and Kyle are reading a topo map and trying to program waypoints into the GPS. Devon is cooking burgers for us. I have been listening to the radio to get the weather reports and it looks like we are in for a good stretch of weather. There was a single cry just a few minutes ago but it sounded much more faint than previous cry’s. I asked Devon about the moose in heat theory and he agreed that it might be a possible explanation for the sound. We still don’t know what happened to the picnic table and the bunker box. We are planning to hike up to the rock point tonight to look at the stars through the telescope and Devon wants to try the camcorder adapter he has so that he can hook up the camera to the telescope.

8:29pm Sept 15

Two more cry’s heard, much louder this time. Also, the second cry seems somewhat different- higher pitched and a bit weaker than the first one.

12:49am Sept 16

We just got back from the rock cliff. Everyone is absolutely petrified. I am shaking as I write this. We had set up the telescope and we had just finished taking turns viewing the night sky. We brought a couple of blankets to put on the rocks to sit down on. Kyle was half asleep. We heard another cry and it really echoed. Kyle got up and had looked around then lied back down. Jim said that the noise was really starting to piss him off because it kept startling him. I agreed. Devon was busy trying to hook up camcorder with the telescope when we heard a loud snap not too far away. Jim and I turned on our flashlights and shined it into the bush in the area where we thought we heard the sound come from. We did not see anything. We scanned the area a few times but nothing was showing up. We heard another snap and we pointed the flashlights at the same time into the same general area and both of us froze. Jim said “What the f**k is that!”. Kyle got up and looked, then grabbed his flashlight and shone it the same area. Devon was also drawn to the noise and was looking. He immediately unhooked his camcorder from the telescope and pointed it towards the area that we were shining the lights on. Ahead of us in a bit of a gorge was what appeared to be something similar to a bear, very shaggy, dark brown-black maybe, but it was on two feet, staring at us as it stood just behind a fallen clump of trees. It was unusual because it’s eyes did not reflect light like other animal eyes do when something is shone into them. I would estimate that it was at least 150 to 200 feet away and our flashlights were not doing very well lighting up the area. Devon could not get a fix on it properly and he said that the autofocus is screwing up and it keeps going clear then fuzzy because there was not enough light. Within a few seconds it turned abruptly and walked towards the right side of the gorge, then disappeared around the other side of it. We were speechless. Moments later we heard another cry, very loud. I think that we all clued in at that point what was making the sound. We immediately packed up everything and jogged back to the cabin. I am still shaking. Jim is on the roof of the cabin right now trying to see if he can get a cell signal on the phone. Devon is reviewing his camcorder recording in the crappy little viewfinder. I wish we had a TV. Kyle and I are going over what happened so that I don’t miss anything as I write. I think we got everything now.

8:10am Sept 16
I don’t think any of us slept very well. I went outside and walked around the cabin. Nothing seems unusual this morning except that damn smell is back again and it is really strong. You can almost catch a bit of it in the cabin. Jim is not around but he took one of the FRS radios with him because the other one was sitting on the table “on”. I called him and he replied back in a few seconds that he was getting kindling for the firepit. I asked him why he was doing this so early and he said he wanted to start a fire now so that he could dry out his shoes and socks from last night. Apparently he stepped in some muck or something. Devon is looking at the map right now trying to figure out exactly where we were last night in relation to what we saw and where it might be headed. This is the first time I heard the word bigfoot mentioned by Kyle. None of us replied, instead, we pondered the possibility.

3:23pm Sept 16

The smell seems to have dissipated somewhat. We have made plans to leave tomorrow morning to go back to the truck. There seems to be a bit of anxiety among us to see this thing again, yet at the same time, at least for me, I feel cut off and somewhat homesick.
We are having a big dinner tonight to get rid of all the leftover food and make the trip easier for us.

7:56pm Sept 16

It is really misty right now, like a ground fog. Nothing has happened since my last entry. Everyone is pretty much packed up for the trip back to the truck tomorrow morning. Devon is out right now with the telescope and the camcorder. He took a radio with him but I am not sure if he has it on the right channel because we cannot reach him. If he went back to the rock cliff I am not sure if we would be able to reach him there.
Jim want’s to go back to the cliff as well. Kyle and I still have a little bit of cleaning up to do and we have to keep the fire going for a little while to cook the corn so we decided to stay at the cabin while Jim goes to the cliff. He took a radio with him as well and he keeps calling us every few minutes to make sure we are in range.

8:20pm Sept 16

Jim’s is still calling in but we are getting a lot of noise. Devon said he would go on the roof to talk to him. He has taken the radio outside and I can hear him pacing around up there. He just yelled down a moment ago that everything is ok.

9:10pm Sept 16

We had one final call out to the guys on the cliff to tell them that the food is getting cold. Devon apparently climbed a tree to talk to us. Nothing eventful, except that the radio was really noisy. Kyle said that these things are good for two miles. I don’t think so.

9:26pm Sept 16

Everyone is back and we are starting to eat. No cries, no stinky smells. It’s getting pretty chilly outside.

8:12am Sept 17

I think we are all pretty ambitious to get back to the truck. Jim has already put away the generator and put the panels back on the windows. The porta-potty is emptied even though it never really worked to begin with. I think the flap is stuck or something. We are heading out in about 30 minutes.

11:58am Sept 17

We are back at the truck. We are taking break before we leave. That smell has come back but it’s not very strong right now. We are all happy to be here. Happy to have made the trip but happy to leave.


DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Appeared to be something similar to a bear, very shaggy, dark brown-black maybe, but it was on two feet, staring at us as it stood just behind a fallen clump of trees. It was unusual because it’s eyes did not reflect light like other animal eyes do when something is shone into them. I would estimate that it was at least 150 to 200 feet away

(I made an inquiry after the initial report to see if Mike and his friends had gone back to the cabin again as he had related to me that they intended to do so once more before the big snows came. Mike did not get to go, but here is some more information he sent in to us by e-mail.)

(copied and pasted)

Regretfully we were unable to make it up to the cabin again even though we had full intentions to get up there. Devon's Mother had a stroke of bad luck with her health and at the same time I was called into a special project at work that is consuming a lot of my time.

Jim made it up there with one of his friends and he just got back last night. I was a little suprised that he went up without telling us for it wasn't until about 10:30pm last night when I got an email from him telling me what he did and where he had been.

I think his email is self-explanatory....I have copied and pasted a portion of it here for your review.

but by the time he called me back I had already left although I tried stopping by his house anyways, so we did end up meeting each other and going up. XXXX did not want >him to go but I think that he convinced her after pointing out that he never got to go up the first time.
>We ended up at XXXXX's house in the early morning and we stayed for lunch then headed up to the cabin.
>Anyways, that funny noise came back and XXXXX nearly had a stroke when he heard it because of what I told him about the last trip and what we saw. He was not >amused and I think he was pretty uncomfortable being outside. I got a bit of it recorded when I went to the stream to get water. We never saw anything and it might have >been better that way 'cause XXXXX was freaking out everytime we heard the sound. Well, enjoy the sound....Add it to your "weird" collection.
>If you guys want to go up again you better do it soon before the snow really starts to fly. The trail will be covered up pretty good. <snip>

I listened to this sound over and over and it seems to sound very similar to that which we heard on our original trip, although it's much clearer. I know a fellow who works for the Ministry of Natural Resources and I think I will play it back to him to see if he could tell me what he thinks it is.

Please feel free to use the recording in anyway you see fit. You may post it on your site if you wish.

Oh, I almost forgot. I have the video file of the nightime encounter we had and I will post it to a private URL for you to donwload/view. I also have the original VCD if required. I will send you the URL & password once the file is posted. Have you had any feedback about the first audio file I sent to you?

File comment: Copyright, GCBRO & Mike H. November 2001
all rights reserved
(198.78 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: 03/22/01

TIME: 4:30 P.M.

LOCATION: XXXX Township, Ontario


OBSERVED: Large brown object walking away from me along the side of the road about 300 yards ahead of my vehicle then appearing to try to jump across the ditch to enter a dense wooded area.

The creature appeared to be moving very slow along the side of the road. It's arms were very long appeared to be very thick. The approach of my vehicle made it turn around partly but I could not see any facial/frontal details although the facial area looked lighter than the rest of the body. It appeared to be at least 7 feet tall, possibly more but I could not judge the right height from my distance/location. After a few moments it turned and looked again at my vehicle then turned towards the ditch and proceeded to walk down the slope but then paused then turned slightly to look at me again. It then crouched down a bit and placed it's hands down in the snow and looked around in the bush then stood back up and jumped across the ditch. It seemed to loose it's balance after it landed and put one of it's hands down to break a fall. Once standing upright, it started to walk into the bush. I drove up a bit closer and as I approached the area I could see the creature starting to "jog" and it kept turning it's head back to look at me. I lost sight of it after a few seconds.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): I was on my way home from work in XXXXXXX, Ontario. Typical normal workday.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Large, brown Creature, 7 foot tall, arms very long and appeared to be very thick, walking bipedally. Facial area looked lighter than the rest of the body.

OTHER NOTES: Not long before this incident (2 days prior) one of my dogs was franticaly pacing in the front of the house wanting to go outside. He was wimpering and howling and generally does not do this unless something or someone is outside.
Since it was late evening, I grabbed a flashlight and went outside with the dog. He proceeded to walk into the back of our property barking and then I heard a loud scream-howl like nothing I have ever heard before. I quickly tugged on the dog and ran back inside.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Not that I am aware of.
Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green
Reported by Confidential

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: 1915-77

TIME: Last sighting, 1977, time for nightshift at mine

LOCATION: Cobalt, Territorial District of Timiskaming, Ontario, Canada

TERRAIN: Rocky Terrain

OBSERVED: I was looking through the material on the Sasquatch at the
Toronto Main Reference Library and I found the following report
to be particularly interesting:

Around Cobalt (a mining town in Ontario north of Lake Huron)
over a period of 60 years there were many sightings of a
Sasquatch which the local inhabitants called "Old Yellow-Top"
because the hair on its body was black and the hair on its head
was blond.

The first sighting was around 1915 by workers who were con-
structing the head-frame of a mine. The last sighting was in
1977 and it almost caused a terrible tragedy. A busload of
miners were on their way to the nightshift at the mine. It was
dark and the driver swerved to avoid hitting something that
stepped out on the road right in front of the bus - which almost
went off of a cliff!

The driver and those men sitting at the front of the bus saw it
in the headlights. They said it was a large animal with a black
body (black hair on its body) and yellow hair on its head. It
was walking on two legs but was all stooped over. One man said,
"It looked like it had seen better days."

Activities of Witness: Mine construction, hiking in local area, en route to nightshift
at mine.

Description of Creature: Large animal with a black body (blackhair on its body) and yellow hair on its head. Walked on two legs but was all stooped over.

Other Notes:

Other Other Notes: (Added after confirmation) I forgot to mention that this report was based on local newspaper articles. Also, the report didn't actually call it a
Sasquatch. It was described as "a man-like animal".

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Many sightings by local inhabitants during the period 1915-1977.

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green
Submitted by Confidential

REPORT RECEIVED: From the GCBRO Online Reports Submissions Form.
DATE: 9-12-99

TIME: 5:30Am-5:45Am

LOCATION: Ontario Canada, Approx. 15 miles South West of Deep River Ontario along the Chalk River. Near the base of the Canadian Shield.
Hwy. 17. Half way between Deep River and Chalk River
Closest Landmark: Petawawa National Forestry Institute


OBSERVED: My wife Cheryl and I while camping, heard grunting outside of our tent and some rustling with our food cooler. We discovered it torn open and two packages of hot dogs stolen and the rest just dumped out.
Some footmarks found around the camp fire but just "shuffle" movements, not definite foot prints.

There was a lot of grunting and rustling. We were awoken by the noise and it was dark.
My wife wouldn't let me look outside in case it was a bear. Being novice campers we certainly didn't have a gun. (Not that all campers bring a gun!)
After about 15 minutes that we were awake, we heard nothing but we stayed up the rest of the night.
I made the above mentioned observations at 6:30am.

Description of Creature: None

Activities of Witness: Camping

Other Notes: We went to bed about 9:30pm. I had duck taped the cooler and placed it about 15 feet
from our two-man tent. The fire was extinguished.

Other Other Notes: None

Researcher Notes: None
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Bobby Hamilton
Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

DATE: January 1995

TIME: Approximately 4:00 am

LOCATION: Ontario, Canada


OBSERVED: My friend and I were at a far end of the park when my friend suddenly stopped and said my name in terror. I looked to see something standing 25 meters away staring us down. It looked very wary and just as surprised to see us. It was a bright night and it was clear that it was covered in brown hair. It had a well-built upper body. It was too dark to discern any features in the face. It was large in build, but wasn't overly tall (maybe 6').
Another friend was coming towards us (from behind him) and he ran across the river and up the wooded bank on the other side. We stood there in horror and told the newcomer what had happened. When he did not believe us we decided to check out the tracks. They
looked much like bare human tracks in the snow (not overly large either, maybe 13s). We all ran out of the park without looking
back and we rarely talk about it to this day. It was the most scared I've ever been. The river banks are wooded all the way out of the city (pop 14K) so it could have entered the city without having to actually go near any houses.

Activities of Witness: A night of cruising the city with some drinking - but not THAT much.

Description of Creature: N/A

Other Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by: Confidential
Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: October 10, 2005

DATE: August 16, 2004

TIME: 4:00-6:00 pm

LOCATION: Ontario, Canada

TERRAIN: Bushy area, swamps way back in the bush

OBSERVED: What i saw was not what i have ever seen before, it looked like it was about 6-8 feet tall with black hair from head to toe. There was a very awful stench. at the second encounter i didn't get to see it, but saw these huge trees shaking and then heard a scary growl with a bird call.

Activities of Witness: I was taking my little brother for a walk.

Description of Creature: It was black, probably weighed anywhere from 200-300 pounds, about 7 -8 feet tall, slightly leaned over, 2-3 inches long, when we had seen this creature, it looked at us in a curious way..

Other Notes: There has been stories of this creature around my community for a long time.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master

Return to “Ontario”

  • You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting