(BFRO) Quebec Sightings

Sighting reports of Bigfoot from this Canadian Province
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(BFRO) Quebec Sightings

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:22 am

Report # 17214 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 05, 2007. Possible vocalization heard by police officer / hunter at McLaughlin Lake outside Belleterre
YEAR: 2002-2003

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: 20 to 30

PROVINCE: Quebec

LOCATION DETAILS: McLaughlin Lake, rough terrain, mixed woods, thick, some swampy areas.
drive 16 kms south on logging road from Belleterre, 11 kms. down an old road made in the 40's or 50's, 1 km off of the dirt road, 4 to 5 kms by boat to my old camp.

NEAREST TOWN: Belleterre, Quebec

NEAREST ROAD: Trout lake road (logging road)

OBSERVED: I am a 35 year old police officer, father of 2 children and an ex-forestry technician, I've been hunting and fishing in the Temiscamingue area since 1991, and had a share in a hunting camp with my now ex-father in-law. One week-end in september, I can't really recall the year, it was either in 2001 or 2002, we decided to go to the camp to prepare for the hunting season,it was a cold night, clear, and a full moon.
around 22h30 or so I decided to go on the roof of the camp to let out a few moose calls, as the moose are more active at night, and plus just to get a thrill to hear one, once you've heard them moving at night, it's a rush!
I was on the roof, i let out a low bull moose call and waited, it was quiet out, no wind, the echo was traveling very nice.
-I waited about 15 to 20 minutes and let another call out, i could hear some cracking far enough away, i was thinking to myself that i was going to hear it soon, then I could hear something walking in the shoreline a few hundred meters away, like I said it was very echoey
I let out a another call, more aggressively, to spark the possible bull moose that was walking in the water, that's when i heard a loud scream, nothing like i'd ever heard before, it freaked me out and made the hair on the back of my neck stand
up, it screamed again, at this point, i came down from the roof of the camp and went inside.
I heard bears, wolves, moose, even when they are frightened or injured, and let me tell you what i heard that night just plainly freaked me right out, I have never been afraid of anything in the bush, but let me tel you that what i had heard that night scared the bejeevehees out of me.This was the last time that i've went back to this camp as my ex and I seperated in october of that year.
-I told my ex-father in-law about this the following morning, he thought I was crazy, but truth to the fact, i know what I heard was nothing like i ever heard before.

ALSO NOTICED: looked around the next day where i thought i had heard it, but did not see anything unusual, alot of swampy moss on the edge of the lake

OTHER WITNESSES: my ex-father in-law (hunting partner, he was sleeping inside the camp.

OTHER STORIES: there is old tales that my father and uncle had told me as they used to trap and hunt in the area in the early 60's and 70's and stories from my grandfather, who was the game warden at the time in the 60's, my uncle and father had passed on in the late 90's, but i remember of my uncle saying that one day when he was out checking his traps, he had seen a large hariy like man crossing the logging road, now known as the trout lake road, it just crossed the road, he said that he got scared and never seen it again.
-Once in 1997, my ex-mother in-law, who was a school teacher was on her way home and seen a huge creature standing in the middle of the road between Belleterre and another little town called Laforce. She came around a curve in the road, thee was a straight in the road and she could see a large creature standing at the end of the straight, as she approaced, the creature ran off the road in the thick alder bushes.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: around 23h00 at night, clear,cold, near frost, full moon, no wind.

ENVIRONMENT: heavily wooded area, mixed bush, big wooded hills,
some swamps in the area.
two big ajoining lakes>>Pierre Lake and Bay Lake,
there is another camp about 2 kms from where mine was, but there was nobody there.

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness is a Police Officer and has been hunting for most of his life. He has been hunting at Trout Lake Road near Belleterre for the last 10 years.

What he heard that night, in his words, "terrified him". He says that he has never heard anything like it. It sounded like it came approximately 100 yards away in a swampy area. He cannot describe the cry, but says it was very shrill and sounded like it came from a very large set of lungs. The cries lasted for about 5 - 10 seconds and occurred 2 - 3 times within the span of a few minutes. At the same time he could hear something bipedal walking in water. This could have occurred in the swampy area adjacent to the lake or on the very edge of the lake itself. He is not sure.

His reaction was to go immediately into his cabin and wake his hunting partner and tell him about it. There were no other occurrences that night.

His father, uncle and ex-mother-in-law all have had sightings over the years in this area.

This is an area about 2-hrs northeast of numerous sightings in the Temagami and Latchford area of Ontario. It's all vast, impenetrable forest with only a few logging roads going in and out.
Report # 23086 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, February 04, 2008. Possible vocalizations heard by several people around lake over a year's time. Footprints also found in snow.
YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: Riviere Noire

NEAREST TOWN: Fort Coulonge

NEAREST ROAD: 148

OBSERVED: Several of my neighbours and I heard the screams late at night for a year in 2004-2005. There were 6 of us at seperate times but we all heard the same very spooky long howl growl that was as loud as a dinasaur. I first heard it the night of the moon eclipse in late November. I was watching the eclipse outside the cottage and heard 2 screams, 1 within 30 yards. All these screams are within a 2-3 km radius at our remote cottages in Quebec. We are up the Riviere Noire just north of Fort Coulounge.

I might add that all the people who heard this have either hunted, fished, or lived up there or in the region for over 25 years and had never heard anything like this. We have also seen footprints in the winter and have many pictures of these unbelievable prints. We don't make a big deal because it's to weird and it's best to leave things like that alone. I just thought I'd let you know.

ALSO NOTICED: Creepiest thing I ever heard. I have heard most northern animals except cougars, wolverines, and badgers.

OTHER WITNESSES: None that night but 4-5 other separate incidents.

OTHER STORIES: 4-5 other incidents throughout the year. People were at their cottages and went outside at night or were at campfires and then heard sound. One guy was sleeping with his window open and it woke him up. One guy was in a hunt camp trailer and had gone out to relieve himself.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 9:10 P.m. clear night with total eclipse of moon. Screams (2) happened right at eclipse.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine and hard-wood forest, lake shore/river shore.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Todd Prescott:

Spoke with reportee at length on Feb 7, 2008, and he provided the following additional details:

At least six people heard vocalizations (howls/roars/screams/ growls) over a ten-month period starting November 2004 and ending September 2005. The area where the sounds were heard is dotted with seasonal cottages. Only one person resides there year-round. The gentleman who made the report described the sound he heard as somewhat of a howl (similar to a wolf) that modulated to an unnerving roar. He felt that the sheer volume of the roar indicated an animal of large proportions. The howl had started in the woods close to his cottage at an estimated distance of 100 yards. Within a few seconds, a roar of immense volume was heard close to his truck some 25 yards from his cottage. He was perplexed by how quickly the "sound maker" (if indeed it was one animal) travelled approximately 75 yards.

The permanent resident (who lives in close proximity to the reportee) also heard the same sounds and other unusual sounds that he could not identify over the ten-month period. Fellow seasonal residents also heard unusual, unidentifiable sounds periodically. Both the permanent resident and seasonal residents talked with one another about the vocalizations and concluded that they were probably made by the same unidentified animal. One of the residents is a veteran hunter and well-versed in animal vocalizations. He was dumbfounded as to what made the sounds.

Footprints were found and photographed in December of 2007 in the same vicinity as the vocalizations occurred. The reportee kindly emailed copies of the photos, which show what appear to be bipedal tracks traipsing through the snow. The prints are not fresh, and consequentially show expansion as the deep snow has melted and re-frozen. Reportee stated that the snow was very deep (perhaps two feet or more) and felt that whatever made the prints would not have had an easy time walking and/or running through the snow.

Although inconclusive, the prints are nonetheless intriguing. The BFRO will further analyse the photos and a future update may be forthcoming.

The area around Riviere Noire (Black River) is quite rugged and heavily forested. The cottages surround a small lake. There is very little human traffic through the area, as it is quite remote.

About BFRO Investigator Todd Prescott:

Todd Prescott, B.Ed, B.Mus, has been researching the subject of bigfoot for well over 20 years Todd attended the 2006 and 2008 B.C. Coastal Expeditions, 2008 Pennsylvania Expedition, 2010 Pennsylvania Mini Expeditions, the 2007 Ontario Expedition and he hosted the Ontario 2009 Expedition. His research has taken him as far as Alaska to P.A., Northern Ontario to B.C., including a 2-week solo expedition throughout the Bella Coola (B.C.) region.
Report # 6833 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, September 02, 2003. Caribou hunters find footprints near Kuujjuaq.
YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 29

LOCATION DETAILS: Forty-five miles south of Kuujjuaq along Kosoak River.

NEAREST TOWN: Kuujjuaq

NEAREST ROAD: None

OBSERVED: We only saw the footprints. In fact we saw two sets of foot prints. The first one was about size 20 to 24 and the other one was about size 10 but we did not see the animal it self.

The footprints were traceable for about 800 to 1000 feet in an open area near the trees.

ALSO NOTICED: We tried to get some hair samples and we found very fine light brown hair on a tree were it had seemed to pass. We also took pictures of the footprints.

OTHER WITNESSES: We were about 15 people.

OTHER STORIES: There was another foot print sighting but just because this seems to be a legend they did not take it seriosly.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: We saw the footprints at around 3:00 p.m. nice weather no clouds.

ENVIRONMENT: The enviroment was inside pine trees on an open space of about 1500 by 1000 feet open area.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

The witness said that the footprints they were able to follow for over 800 feet were in an area with lichen and sand. The larger footprint measured fifteen inches long and five inches wide. The smaller footprint measured ten inches long and four inches wide.

The witness has hunted all kinds of game and had never seen footprints of this type before. Although pictures had been taken by someone else he was unable to get copies for this report.

This part of Quebec is the northernmost portion of the boreal forest.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in bird and wildlife audio recording. Stan has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions.

Stan Courtney can be reached at

Report # 11170 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, April 04, 2005. Hiker finds large footprint near Campbell's Bay
YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 7

NEAREST TOWN: Campbell's Bay

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 148

OBSERVED: While making the rounds on my uncle's farm, I was traveling parallel to a creek approximately 5 feet wide and 2 feet deep in the bottom of a ravine. I was alone and frequented this stretch of a game trail that leads to an isolated field about a mile deeper into the bush. I was out for an ordinary hike, and thought that I would walk the limits of my uncle's property, Most of this area is thickly wooded, the only real way to get anywhere is by game trail. Reaching a bend in the trail directly next to the creek I happened upon an impossibly large track just at the waters edge in the mud. It looked like an enormous bare foot man had stepped there, at the same time there was sand stirred up (floating in the water) in the middle of the creek and a large wet area on a rock on the opposite side. I scanned the trees on the other side of the creek but saw and heard nothing. The track however, was quite fresh.

Water was only starting to seep into it from underneath and the sand that was kicked up in the middle of the creek had only begun to settle. The track was big, very big. But there was only one. On both sides of the creek there is solid ground infested with tree roots. There was a water trail leading up the other side of the creek but I was leery to follow. Even though carrying my brother's rifle. I measured the track using the barrel of the gun, the barrel being 18 inches long, the track was slightly shorter, and heavily pressed into the ground, much more at the heel and ball of the foot, with the big toe being dug right into the ground.

I didn't see or hear, or even smell anything. In of all my years of bush going, I have never seen a track like it. When I told my family members what I saw they insisted it was a bear track (hind leg) I know what a bear track looks like, I hunt bears, it was not that. It is my inclination that it was a Sasquatch. I cannot be certain because I never saw one. But it was not a bear.

ALSO NOTICED: I had spooked a deer on the way in and had not been listening for wildlife, I frequently sing to announce myself to bears.

OTHER WITNESSES: None

OTHER STORIES: My grandfather used to talk about Bigfoot when I was a kid, Now when I ask him he doesn't like to talk about it.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: During the day, Very bright light shaded by vegetation canopy. Extremely hot, 30 degrees celcius. No wind.

ENVIRONMENT: Dense forest, Mixed with Coniferous+ Deciduous trees, heavy with raspberry and alder undergrowth, a lot of deadfall too.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

The witness stated that the footprint measured sixteen inches long and seven inches wide. He could see the impression of all the toes in the mud.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in bird and wildlife audio recording. Stan has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions.

Stan Courtney can be reached at

Return to “Quebec”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting