Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Sawdustt's Research
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Place holder until he makes his first post

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Sawdustt's Research
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:02 pm 
MABRC Tennessee State Director, Forum Moderator

Tennessee Research

I have begun researching with two other researchers (Stacey & Mike) at Land Between the Lakes (LBL) and surrounding areas. We covered three different locations on 09-03-2015. So far I will call the LBL area Hilly Miles Ridge, the Camden area Squatchy Pond Holler and the Big Sandy area Pen Creek Hill. I have a assuring feeling there will be many more research areas added to these three. LBL is an awesome habitat for Bigfoot and it is located between the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers.

Squatchy Pond Holler

09-03-2015

A little back ground on this area, Stacey's wife was Ginseng digging at this location when she heard something walking and witnessed a Bigfoot traveling through a holler below her. Stacey begun researching this area, then brought
in Mike and last Thursday showed me the location. Stacey an Mike have had a trail camera set up for over a month overlooking a tree that they have been impaling apples on a limb about 8 feet off the ground. The apples have been disappearing but the camera is not either taking the picture or what I suggested to them someone could be deleting the pictures after the apples were removed. I deployed a drop box that might give us a clue to whats going on. I plan on retrieving the drop box on 09-10-15.

Hilly Miles Ridge

09-03-2015

We were given a heads-up on this area from a researcher that is a co-host on a Bigfoot radio show. Upon parking at a old cemetery we walked about half way up the ridge, Stacey was about 25 yards ahead of me and Mike and smelt a musky odor. When me and Mike caught up with him he did two tree knocks. Three minutes later a single tree knock responded and a couple minutes later we heard something about 75 yards away move towards the top of the ridge. I placed a drop box on top of the ridge and will pick it back up on 09-10-2015.

Pen Creek Hill

09-03-2015

While driving near Big Sandy Stacey spotted a large structure up a hill. Mike stopped the van, jumped out and as he approached the structure something very large was spooked out of the structure. Upon inspection of the area the structure has tree bows and breaks so the you can actually crawl inside of it but on top of it trees and limbs have been stacked on top of it. The blind is every bit 10 feet tall, 15 feet wide and 40 feet long. It is kinda built like a igloo where one can crawl through the middle. I found another blind built just like it but about twice as long 30 yards away from it and it runs parallel with other one. These parallel blinds are about the 1/3rd of the way down the hill that leads to the Tennessee River. On the back side of the hill is a grove of white oak trees. I told the guys that it makes me wonder if the parallel blinds are a way to funnel deer that would be attracted to the acorns and head for a drink.

:erb:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:30 pm 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
Can I make a guess? By chance did those structures have a southerly, southwesterly exposures? If they did I bet you could feel the cooling breezes off the river as it funnels up the hill side. Sounds a lot like some of what I have seen here. Was part of the foliage over the top grape vines? Would make for easy pickings while staying hid. One area here has that, and even though it is possible that they grapes grew wild it almost seemed to be deliberately woven so they didn't climb up the trees in the structure.

Keep looking.... I'm sure you'll find more. That whole LBL area has a bunch of potential. When we came through Kentucky this year that area showed me a lot of potential. It will be interesting to hear what critters are there. There are Elk and Bison on a refuge in Kentucky that may have had some escapees so they may be down there too.

Evidence Review Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm 

The hill slopes down easterly towards the river but thanks for cueing me in on the southwest cause that makes a lot of sense. You are right about the refuge, it is close we are just a few miles from the Kentucky line.

We are planning to meet back up on Thursday to study, take measurements and videos of the structures. We were actually driving back to town when Stacey spotted it. We had ran out of time wasn't able to spend much time there. Thanks for the heads up on the grape vines! I am really fortune to meet up with these guys that have both had sightings and are local to the area.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:18 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

That's incredible...and that close to the road. This blind....was it thrown together or was there trees woven thru it? Also...the branches or small trees were they dead already or did they have to break them? I have been thinking that possibly the breaks lower to the ground are broken ahead of time so that they die a little making the smaller branches easier to strip down. If you were gonna use them for the base or part of the foundation you'd want the foliage gone from some. Possibly they break and come back for them? Just a thought

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 pm 

Attachment:
PCH.png
PCH.png [ 11.22 KiB | Viewed 83289 times ]

These blinds are a work of genus. The blind that was spotted from the road is the smaller one and is apparently still under construction. From the road it looks like a pile of tree tops after a clear cut but the woods have not been cut. Some trees were bowed into the ground, some trees and large branches made up the top and other limbs and debris made up the sides. They are like long giant igloos you could crawl inside. Unfortunately one of the guys I was with had to pick up his kids from school so we divided up the area to look around, thats when I found the 2nd blind. The 2nd blind appears to be finished and it is constructed like the other and approximately 30yds away and built parallel. My impression is that they are a funnel, once something is herded in there it has to keep going or turn around and leave the way it came in. Whatever the deer do it defiantly can not try to jump over the sides. We are planning on going back Thursday to do a much more intense investigation. Those blinds really seem to be strategic located, if deer where eating acorns on the other side of the hill they could be pushed into the funnel or if they were sauntering to the river for a drink they could be bushwack.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 am 

A couple more questions. Is there a game trail between the structures or passes on either ends? I don't think a deer would go into it as it would make them blind to any movement. However I think that it would be a great blind for one of them to stay hid in and be able to grab game that passes. But the way they are located it would afford them to stay hidden from the road as well as the parking lot. But would allow them to keep an eye on either if there was someone there or on the river. From my experience they stay in the shadows so they can blend in.

Do you know if they clean fish next to the ramp? Is there garbage cans in the lot? Either of those may be a consistent snack source. I have seen what I suspect is blinds next to primitive camp sites that would afford them easy picking when folks bedded down for the night.

If you suspect sasquatch is using those structures, be vigilant in looking for tracks, hair etc. But one word of caution. In my area I really focused on a neat suspected structure that was being added to. And by spending so much time at it, it seemed to be abandoned by them. So yes check it out, but try not to focus too much on them as I suspect the same will happen to you. They have stayed hidden for a reason, and if we push too hard there are lots of areas they can move to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm 

I didn't notice a game trail but there could be one. We went back there yesterday. but one of the guys got a call and we had to cut our visit short. When we found the blinds last week, we flushed something out. I suggested that this time we flank on the back side of the ravine and have one man walk up from the road and if there was anything in there it would exit towards us.

https://youtu.be/bo-3K-ZCwig

I made a video of three of our areas at LBL that we researched.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:07 am 

Good ideas and tactics!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 am 

Anyone want to listen to this audio file (((Nudging Randy lol))) and give a wack at what this sound might be that almost sounds like velco being pull apart or a zipper.

Just a little background...The recorder was placed in a pocket between a tree trunk and root and covered up with leafs and such where only the microphone was sticking out. The researchers had been impaling apples on a limb and they were being pulled off and the trail cam was not catching how the apples were disappearing so I offer to set out a drop box. One week later we went back and found the drop box dug up and laying about 30 feet away (very well could have been a coon doing that). This noise happened about 25 minutes after we left the area around 10:30 am. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments:

ZC_NEW1.MP3 [ 2.27 MiB | Viewed 75206 times ]

Profile Personal album