Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sawdustt's Research
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:11 pm 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
Yeah I think I know what it is. If you could send the raw clip, pm if you want to me without the filters I can easier tell what it may be. From what I am hearing it sounds like a squirrel trying to get into a nut. We have black walnut here at home and it sounds a lot similar to what this is. I suspect that either hickory and acorn would sound like that too. Was there any squirrel chatter within 15 minutes of this? Or leaf litter movement sounds?

Good catch. It is real important to get to know all the known sounds of the woods. That way when an unknown comes up it sticks out like a sore thumb. Also with the camera not triggering I would highly suspect it is a small critter like a coon or maybe even a squirrel that is taking the apples. From my understanding small critters won't always set off the cameras. I saw a fella test his camera by using his small dog as a test critter. At a certain distance from the camera if wouldn't fire. Seemed to be like it was about 40 foot but I could be mistaken. Maybe a bench test of the camera might give you a better idea of the triggers sensitivity.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm 

Oh and by the way, anytime you want me to take a listen to audio, it would be my pleasure. This whole thing is a learning experience for all of us. When in doubt, clip it out and I'll take a listen!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:47 am 
MABRC Tennessee State Director, Forum Moderator

Sorry Randy, I thought my reply went through the other day.

I didn't want to plant anything in anyone's head as to what I thought it was. I didn't hear the chatter of a squirrel till a couple of hours later but since I didn't hear any leaf litter noise I did think a squirrel came down the trunk of the tree . Till you said about cracking nuts I was thinking that maybe a squirrel was scratching at the camera case the recorder was in. It does sound like a squirrel trying to get at a walnut.

Thanks Randy

Attachments:
File comment: Unfiltered File

SPH 9-10-15 pt 1.mp3 [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 7073 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 am 

Project: No Hunting Zone
09-21-2015

While talking to one of the guys I've been researching with he told me about these no hunting zones at LBL. Maybe I'm guilty of reading too many MABRC research threads but I find myself consume with thinking on strategies. LBL is 177,000 acres between two rivers with about 350 miles of shoreline. Every inch of it is prime Bigfoot habitat so I just try to think of ways to narrow down research areas. Well, when Mike told me about these no hunting zones I knew that's where I wanted to go next. We pushed about three miles deep inside one of these zones. I was not disappointed, here's a short video I shot of what we came across.

https://youtu.be/qagEVRth5lw

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 pm 

LBL

10-08-2015

I went back up to LBL yesterday to do a little scouting around. I have been wanting to hike down through a section of woods that according to my map it would lead me to a huge bay off the Cumberland River. I was not disappointed, I found a lot of possible signs. I also went up on the highest ridge that overlooks part of the bay and set out a drop box about 25 feet off a Tall Boy Trail I had found the last time I was up there. I shot a little video of my findings.

Download

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 am 

If y'all start to walk those tall boy trails you may find you some impressions or tracks. From my experience once you start using their trails it can get more interesting. It really seems to increase their curiosity with you as it is not normal for humans to notice their stuff. It seemed to work for me!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 pm 

Thanks Rebelistic, thats something I'm going to keep in mind. I am going back Monday to retrieve the dropbox and do some more scouting.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:54 am 

Hilly Miles Ridge

09-10-2015

I could hardly contain myself when in reviewing the recorder files that two howls were captured. There was also a few more distant howls and suspected wood knocks but they were buried so deep in the ambient noise I wasn't able to filter it out enough to scrutinize it to my liking. I did not trust my experience level to evaluate the howls on the spectrogram so Rebelistic graciously did it for me.

Here is Randy's message:

Hey Mark,

Well I can tell you the signature does not match wolf, coyote, elk, or any other canines. The signature is much to flat for that. The tones and style of the howl in my opinion is hominid. Could it be a man? Possible. But if it is in an area that that is highly unlikely I would suspect it to be sasquatch. It does fit what I have recorded here.

If it were me I would definitely be spending more time in that area checking for structures, manipulations etc. to try and figure out where they may be traveling. Yes it was distant but remember the silent hills project. Depending on the cover and the terrain, I'd say it was less than a mile away because where you're at is a lot like here. Great catch Bud! Now welcome to getting hooked on audio. Things will get real interesting now that you've most likely caught on. Always looking for the next unknown sound. I know how it is. I am reviewing audio as I am typing this!

Keep up the good work,
Randy

I've been studying my topo map of the area and in the process of developing my next plan of action. I am incline to go about a mile down the road and use a walking trail to go another two ridges deeper (both North an South) and place drop boxes to try to pinpoint where the howls might be coming from. Then I will focus on travel routes.

A simple thank you for Rebelistic's help is really not sufficient for taking me under his wing and all the help he has been. Also, Mike an Stacey from EOTBF (Evidence Of Tennessee Bigfoot) with them showing me different areas of LBL. There have been two others from EOTBF that have helped me in reviewing audio. I am about 2.5 hours away from Land Between the Lakes so it only makes sense when I go to take 3 or 4 recorders. I also want to thank the MABRC for giving me the tools to accelerate to the level I have. The things I have learned from expeditions and reading the threads from researchers has been invaluable.

Attachments:

howls2 con filt 2.mp3 [ 127.47 KiB | Viewed 6914 times ]

howls1 con filt 1 (1).mp3 [ 125.84 KiB | Viewed 6914 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:25 am 

You're most certainly welcome. Folks here did the same thing for me when I started. That is what makes the MABRC such a great group. No one person has the answers but together we can get it done!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 pm 

Much thanks to Rebelistic for helping me figure out how to post videos on the forum.

Land Between the Lakes
10-08-15

This video consist of the Tennessee researchers I have been involved with in LBL. This area is a non-hunting area.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next