Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sawdustt's Research
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 pm 
MABRC Tennessee State Director, Forum Moderator

Teresa1 wrote:
Just had a chance to watch your video Sawdust. I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the tour of the old house and smokehouse area.

Thanks Teresa! :D

:erb:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 1
Fellow Tennessee researcher Larry Porch turned me on to this part of LBL when he was hunting with his cousin and they had some strange activity happen across the field just inside the woodline.
[/quote]
Man, as I was watching the 1st several minutes I kept thinking how much that looked like the Ouachita mtns in winter. Looked like very familiar woods for sure. At that pond, do you think our target uses it for a water source? You mentioned lotz of deer sign. Has there ever been any tracks found? Right around the 8 minuteish mark there appears to be a creek to your right. I'd keep an eye on that too!

Arklatex

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:00 am 

Arklatex wrote:
Fellow Tennessee researcher Larry Porch turned me on to this part of LBL when he was hunting with his cousin and they had some strange activity happen across the field just inside the woodline.

Man, as I was watching the 1st several minutes I kept thinking how much that looked like the Ouachita mtns in winter. Looked like very familiar woods for sure. At that pond, do you think our target uses it for a water source? You mentioned lotz of deer sign. Has there ever been any tracks found? Right around the 8 minuteish mark there appears to be a creek to your right. I'd keep an eye on that too!
Arklatex[/quote]

At LBL there are a lot of natural springs and creeks with running water my thoughts are they might use the pond to bushwhack small game especially during the hot summer when the vegetation has soured and the winter when there is none.

We haven't found any tracks right there but about 2/10's of a mile (as the crow flies) we have.

We have captured some good vocalizations on the other side of the creek.

Thanks for watching the video!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 am 

Here is part 2 of the radio podcast I was on. In this one I made sure to mention the importance of audio and brag a little about Rebelistic and SuperDave.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 pm 

Just posted today my investigation at Titanium Swamp. We went back today and sat out some dropboxes.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm 
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
Enjoyed watching you record the removal of hair samples on the barbed wire fence. Later, I watched a Finding Bigfoot episode from Mississippi, where similar length samples were found. Matt Moneymaker was amazed and surprised at the length. In the show they said their sample was sent to a lab. At the end of the show they said the lab was unable to determine the host animal. Have you found a lab to identify the host animal for your samples?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 pm 

therealsuperdave wrote:
Enjoyed watching you record the removal of hair samples on the barbed wire fence. Later, I watched a Finding Bigfoot episode from Mississippi, where similar length samples were found. Matt Moneymaker was amazed and surprised at the length. In the show they said their sample was sent to a lab. At the end of the show they said the lab was unable to determine the host animal. Have you found a lab to identify the host animal for your samples?

Thanks Super Dave! I haven't pursued yet looking for a lab but I did give DW some of it and just doing some poor mans research on the internet. My thoughts are if it is hair from a known animal most likely it would be from a cow's tail. I was told by the person who asked me to investigate his property that the land owner only has Black Angus cows in that 500 acre woods and pasture but I haven't been able to confirm this with the rancher or see any cows. I did see some BA cows on the way home and I pulled over to examine their tails and appear to be black in color only. Most of the samples I collected had four colors of different hairs in each sample (blond/white, light brown, reddish brown and black). When we go back next week to pick up the dropboxes we are going to go back over to the ranchers house again and see if we can find him. Right now I thought by posting my video on a boat load of Bigfoot FB sites I might get lucky with someone that has some knowledge on hair. Also, I'm looking for someone with a microscope that can examine the hair. I have found some pretty good pictures of cow hair on the internet.

Attachments:
File comment: Cow hair under the microscope
13342914_1376911918991316_2696835866848459297_n.jpg
13342914_1376911918991316_2696835866848459297_n.jpg [ 5.72 KiB | Viewed 5491 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:03 am 

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
DW was telling us at camp last week there is a type of microscope that can attach to the computer and the image is displayed on the computer monitor. That would be a great tool for researchers to have, if affordable.

Attachments:
image.png
image.png [ 251.42 KiB | Viewed 5485 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm 

Here is the latest video of the Titanium Swamp Investigation that we have been doing.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:57 am 

Back to Land Between the Lakes

Operation: Y-K (R)

After spending the last three months doing a investigation at Titanium Swamp we were thrilled to get back to our old stomping grounds. On this video there are no explosions or fireworks, it is mostly us just setting out four dropboxes and some possible markers we ran across. With that said, I have come to the opinion that it is relevant to document how we collect our evidence and us shooting a video seems to be our little niche in doing that.

We feel like we are not fully using the constraints of our recorders. SuperDave and myself have been experimenting using lithium batteries and 32gb memory cards. Although we have increased our recording times we should be capturing twice as much. One common denominator to our experiments is that we have been buying our batteries and memory cards off eBay. I noticed with a couple of the cards our camcorder would sometimes shut off after a few seconds. I decided to buy four memory cards and the batteries from a local box store to just eliminate that out of the equation.

Larry Porch and myself plan on returning on Thursday to check on the recorders. The tentative plan is if they are still running is to download the audio in the field which would be approximately 120 hours and keep them running. My newest audio reviewer trainee is traveling from Florida back home to Missouri on Saturday and wanted to see LBL. We will show her around and pull the dropboxes then. Hopefully the recorders will have ran the whole seven days which would be about 170 hours.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next