Sawdustt's Research
http://www.mid-americabigfoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10499

Author:  Darkwing [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 am ]
Post subject:  Sawdustt's Research

Place holder until he makes his first post

Author:  sawdustt [ Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sawdustt's Research

Tennessee Research

I have begun researching with two other researchers (Stacey & Mike) at Land Between the Lakes (LBL) and surrounding areas. We covered three different locations on 09-03-2015. So far I will call the LBL area Hilly Miles Ridge, the Camden area Squatchy Pond Holler and the Big Sandy area Pen Creek Hill. I have a assuring feeling there will be many more research areas added to these three. LBL is an awesome habitat for Bigfoot and it is located between the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers.

Squatchy Pond Holler

09-03-2015

A little back ground on this area, Stacey's wife was Ginseng digging at this location when she heard something walking and witnessed a Bigfoot traveling through a holler below her. Stacey begun researching this area, then brought
in Mike and last Thursday showed me the location. Stacey an Mike have had a trail camera set up for over a month overlooking a tree that they have been impaling apples on a limb about 8 feet off the ground. The apples have been disappearing but the camera is not either taking the picture or what I suggested to them someone could be deleting the pictures after the apples were removed. I deployed a drop box that might give us a clue to whats going on. I plan on retrieving the drop box on 09-10-15.

Hilly Miles Ridge

09-03-2015

We were given a heads-up on this area from a researcher that is a co-host on a Bigfoot radio show. Upon parking at a old cemetery we walked about half way up the ridge, Stacey was about 25 yards ahead of me and Mike and smelt a musky odor. When me and Mike caught up with him he did two tree knocks. Three minutes later a single tree knock responded and a couple minutes later we heard something about 75 yards away move towards the top of the ridge. I placed a drop box on top of the ridge and will pick it back up on 09-10-2015.

Pen Creek Hill

09-03-2015

While driving near Big Sandy Stacey spotted a large structure up a hill. Mike stopped the van, jumped out and as he approached the structure something very large was spooked out of the structure. Upon inspection of the area the structure has tree bows and breaks so the you can actually crawl inside of it but on top of it trees and limbs have been stacked on top of it. The blind is every bit 10 feet tall, 15 feet wide and 40 feet long. It is kinda built like a igloo where one can crawl through the middle. I found another blind built just like it but about twice as long 30 yards away from it and it runs parallel with other one. These parallel blinds are about the 1/3rd of the way down the hill that leads to the Tennessee River. On the back side of the hill is a grove of white oak trees. I told the guys that it makes me wonder if the parallel blinds are a way to funnel deer that would be attracted to the acorns and head for a drink.

Author:  Rebelistic [ Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:30 pm ]

Can I make a guess? By chance did those structures have a southerly, southwesterly exposures? If they did I bet you could feel the cooling breezes off the river as it funnels up the hill side. Sounds a lot like some of what I have seen here. Was part of the foliage over the top grape vines? Would make for easy pickings while staying hid. One area here has that, and even though it is possible that they grapes grew wild it almost seemed to be deliberately woven so they didn't climb up the trees in the structure.

Keep looking.... I'm sure you'll find more. That whole LBL area has a bunch of potential. When we came through Kentucky this year that area showed me a lot of potential. It will be interesting to hear what critters are there. There are Elk and Bison on a refuge in Kentucky that may have had some escapees so they may be down there too.

Author:  sawdustt [ Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm ]

The hill slopes down easterly towards the river but thanks for cueing me in on the southwest cause that makes a lot of sense. You are right about the refuge, it is close we are just a few miles from the Kentucky line.

We are planning to meet back up on Thursday to study, take measurements and videos of the structures. We were actually driving back to town when Stacey spotted it. We had ran out of time wasn't able to spend much time there. Thanks for the heads up on the grape vines! I am really fortune to meet up with these guys that have both had sightings and are local to the area.

Author:  TC85 [ Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:18 am ]

That's incredible...and that close to the road. This blind....was it thrown together or was there trees woven thru it? Also...the branches or small trees were they dead already or did they have to break them? I have been thinking that possibly the breaks lower to the ground are broken ahead of time so that they die a little making the smaller branches easier to strip down. If you were gonna use them for the base or part of the foundation you'd want the foliage gone from some. Possibly they break and come back for them? Just a thought

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 pm ]

Attachment:
PCH.png
PCH.png [ 11.22 KiB | Viewed 85805 times ]

These blinds are a work of genus. The blind that was spotted from the road is the smaller one and is apparently still under construction. From the road it looks like a pile of tree tops after a clear cut but the woods have not been cut. Some trees were bowed into the ground, some trees and large branches made up the top and other limbs and debris made up the sides. They are like long giant igloos you could crawl inside. Unfortunately one of the guys I was with had to pick up his kids from school so we divided up the area to look around, thats when I found the 2nd blind. The 2nd blind appears to be finished and it is constructed like the other and approximately 30yds away and built parallel. My impression is that they are a funnel, once something is herded in there it has to keep going or turn around and leave the way it came in. Whatever the deer do it defiantly can not try to jump over the sides. We are planning on going back Thursday to do a much more intense investigation. Those blinds really seem to be strategic located, if deer where eating acorns on the other side of the hill they could be pushed into the funnel or if they were sauntering to the river for a drink they could be bushwack.

Author:  Rebelistic [ Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:34 am ]

A couple more questions. Is there a game trail between the structures or passes on either ends? I don't think a deer would go into it as it would make them blind to any movement. However I think that it would be a great blind for one of them to stay hid in and be able to grab game that passes. But the way they are located it would afford them to stay hidden from the road as well as the parking lot. But would allow them to keep an eye on either if there was someone there or on the river. From my experience they stay in the shadows so they can blend in.

Do you know if they clean fish next to the ramp? Is there garbage cans in the lot? Either of those may be a consistent snack source. I have seen what I suspect is blinds next to primitive camp sites that would afford them easy picking when folks bedded down for the night.

If you suspect sasquatch is using those structures, be vigilant in looking for tracks, hair etc. But one word of caution. In my area I really focused on a neat suspected structure that was being added to. And by spending so much time at it, it seemed to be abandoned by them. So yes check it out, but try not to focus too much on them as I suspect the same will happen to you. They have stayed hidden for a reason, and if we push too hard there are lots of areas they can move to.

Author:  sawdustt [ Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm ]

I didn't notice a game trail but there could be one. We went back there yesterday. but one of the guys got a call and we had to cut our visit short. When we found the blinds last week, we flushed something out. I suggested that this time we flank on the back side of the ravine and have one man walk up from the road and if there was anything in there it would exit towards us.

https://youtu.be/bo-3K-ZCwig

I made a video of three of our areas at LBL that we researched.

Author:  Rebelistic [ Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:07 am ]

Good ideas and tactics!

Author:  sawdustt [ Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 am ]

Anyone want to listen to this audio file (((Nudging Randy lol))) and give a wack at what this sound might be that almost sounds like velco being pull apart or a zipper.

Just a little background...The recorder was placed in a pocket between a tree trunk and root and covered up with leafs and such where only the microphone was sticking out. The researchers had been impaling apples on a limb and they were being pulled off and the trail cam was not catching how the apples were disappearing so I offer to set out a drop box. One week later we went back and found the drop box dug up and laying about 30 feet away (very well could have been a coon doing that). This noise happened about 25 minutes after we left the area around 10:30 am. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments:

ZC_NEW1.MP3 [ 2.27 MiB | Viewed 77722 times ]

Author:  Rebelistic [ Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:11 pm ]

Yeah I think I know what it is. If you could send the raw clip, pm if you want to me without the filters I can easier tell what it may be. From what I am hearing it sounds like a squirrel trying to get into a nut. We have black walnut here at home and it sounds a lot similar to what this is. I suspect that either hickory and acorn would sound like that too. Was there any squirrel chatter within 15 minutes of this? Or leaf litter movement sounds?

Good catch. It is real important to get to know all the known sounds of the woods. That way when an unknown comes up it sticks out like a sore thumb. Also with the camera not triggering I would highly suspect it is a small critter like a coon or maybe even a squirrel that is taking the apples. From my understanding small critters won't always set off the cameras. I saw a fella test his camera by using his small dog as a test critter. At a certain distance from the camera if wouldn't fire. Seemed to be like it was about 40 foot but I could be mistaken. Maybe a bench test of the camera might give you a better idea of the triggers sensitivity.

Author:  Rebelistic [ Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm ]

Oh and by the way, anytime you want me to take a listen to audio, it would be my pleasure. This whole thing is a learning experience for all of us. When in doubt, clip it out and I'll take a listen!

Author:  sawdustt [ Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:47 am ]

Sorry Randy, I thought my reply went through the other day.

I didn't want to plant anything in anyone's head as to what I thought it was. I didn't hear the chatter of a squirrel till a couple of hours later but since I didn't hear any leaf litter noise I did think a squirrel came down the trunk of the tree . Till you said about cracking nuts I was thinking that maybe a squirrel was scratching at the camera case the recorder was in. It does sound like a squirrel trying to get at a walnut.

Thanks Randy

Attachments:
File comment: Unfiltered File

SPH 9-10-15 pt 1.mp3 [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 7072 times ]

Author:  sawdustt [ Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 am ]

Project: No Hunting Zone
09-21-2015

While talking to one of the guys I've been researching with he told me about these no hunting zones at LBL. Maybe I'm guilty of reading too many MABRC research threads but I find myself consume with thinking on strategies. LBL is 177,000 acres between two rivers with about 350 miles of shoreline. Every inch of it is prime Bigfoot habitat so I just try to think of ways to narrow down research areas. Well, when Mike told me about these no hunting zones I knew that's where I wanted to go next. We pushed about three miles deep inside one of these zones. I was not disappointed, here's a short video I shot of what we came across.

https://youtu.be/qagEVRth5lw

Author:  sawdustt [ Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:18 pm ]

LBL

10-08-2015

I went back up to LBL yesterday to do a little scouting around. I have been wanting to hike down through a section of woods that according to my map it would lead me to a huge bay off the Cumberland River. I was not disappointed, I found a lot of possible signs. I also went up on the highest ridge that overlooks part of the bay and set out a drop box about 25 feet off a Tall Boy Trail I had found the last time I was up there. I shot a little video of my findings.

Download

Author:  Rebelistic [ Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 am ]

If y'all start to walk those tall boy trails you may find you some impressions or tracks. From my experience once you start using their trails it can get more interesting. It really seems to increase their curiosity with you as it is not normal for humans to notice their stuff. It seemed to work for me!!

Author:  sawdustt [ Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 pm ]

Thanks Rebelistic, thats something I'm going to keep in mind. I am going back Monday to retrieve the dropbox and do some more scouting.

Author:  sawdustt [ Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:54 am ]

Hilly Miles Ridge

09-10-2015

I could hardly contain myself when in reviewing the recorder files that two howls were captured. There was also a few more distant howls and suspected wood knocks but they were buried so deep in the ambient noise I wasn't able to filter it out enough to scrutinize it to my liking. I did not trust my experience level to evaluate the howls on the spectrogram so Rebelistic graciously did it for me.

Here is Randy's message:

Hey Mark,

Well I can tell you the signature does not match wolf, coyote, elk, or any other canines. The signature is much to flat for that. The tones and style of the howl in my opinion is hominid. Could it be a man? Possible. But if it is in an area that that is highly unlikely I would suspect it to be sasquatch. It does fit what I have recorded here.

If it were me I would definitely be spending more time in that area checking for structures, manipulations etc. to try and figure out where they may be traveling. Yes it was distant but remember the silent hills project. Depending on the cover and the terrain, I'd say it was less than a mile away because where you're at is a lot like here. Great catch Bud! Now welcome to getting hooked on audio. Things will get real interesting now that you've most likely caught on. Always looking for the next unknown sound. I know how it is. I am reviewing audio as I am typing this!

Keep up the good work,
Randy

I've been studying my topo map of the area and in the process of developing my next plan of action. I am incline to go about a mile down the road and use a walking trail to go another two ridges deeper (both North an South) and place drop boxes to try to pinpoint where the howls might be coming from. Then I will focus on travel routes.

A simple thank you for Rebelistic's help is really not sufficient for taking me under his wing and all the help he has been. Also, Mike an Stacey from EOTBF (Evidence Of Tennessee Bigfoot) with them showing me different areas of LBL. There have been two others from EOTBF that have helped me in reviewing audio. I am about 2.5 hours away from Land Between the Lakes so it only makes sense when I go to take 3 or 4 recorders. I also want to thank the MABRC for giving me the tools to accelerate to the level I have. The things I have learned from expeditions and reading the threads from researchers has been invaluable.

Attachments:

howls2 con filt 2.mp3 [ 127.47 KiB | Viewed 6913 times ]

howls1 con filt 1 (1).mp3 [ 125.84 KiB | Viewed 6913 times ]

Author:  Rebelistic [ Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:25 am ]

You're most certainly welcome. Folks here did the same thing for me when I started. That is what makes the MABRC such a great group. No one person has the answers but together we can get it done!

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 pm ]

Much thanks to Rebelistic for helping me figure out how to post videos on the forum.

Land Between the Lakes
10-08-15

This video consist of the Tennessee researchers I have been involved with in LBL. This area is a non-hunting area.

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:17 pm ]

Broke Back Ridge

1st Recon

February 19 & 20th 2016

Fellow Tennessee researcher Larry Porch turned me on to this part of LBL when he was hunting with his cousin and they had some strange activity happen across the field just inside the woodline.

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm ]

Broke Back Ridge

February 20th Audio Review

2nd Dropbox Deployment
March 16, 2016

Author:  Arklatex [ Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:03 am ]

Sounds like you have a possible honey hole up there in Tennessee Sawdust. Your bold print in your event descriptions are great to my slowly aging eyes. Lil. Easy to read for sure.When I return from my outing, I'm gonna check out your vids. Good job! Persistence is the key. My motto is "defeat is only temporary ". Never give up. The day you do, is the day you truly fail.

Arklatex.

Author:  sawdustt [ Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:04 am ]

Arklatex wrote:
Sounds like you have a possible honey hole up there in Tennessee Sawdust. Your bold print in your event descriptions are great to my slowly aging eyes. Lil. Easy to read for sure.When I return from my outing, I'm gonna check out your vids. Good job! Persistence is the key. My motto is "defeat is only temporary ". Never give up. The day you do, is the day you truly fail.

Arklatex.

Thanks Arklatex! Your motto is a great mindset to have!

Author:  Rebelistic [ Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:55 am ]

Keep up the great work, Bud!

Author:  sawdustt [ Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:53 am ]

EOTBF Expedition and Campout

April 8-10, 2016

One of the Bigfoot FB related groups I'm in had a recent campout at LBL here in Tennessee. Through this group I have met several good researchers that are around my level of experience and knowledge. We have meshed well and help each other on our learning curves. On this campout the Outlaws showed up and were really super nice and eager to share knowledge. At the end of this video I combined the notes that Larry, Shelley and myself wrote after our debriefing of what happen and did a narration of the encounter we had with the Outlaws.

Author:  BigKansas [ Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:06 pm ]

Really enjoy your videos! Looks like you have some nice research locations!

Author:  sawdustt [ Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:05 pm ]

BigKansas wrote:
Really enjoy your videos! Looks like you have some nice research locations!

Thank you BigKansas! Land Between the Lakes is a beautiful place. If you ever get my way holler at me and we will hit the woods.

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 am ]

My two research partners and myself were asked to be on the Bigfoot Outlaws podcast. It is a two part series with this week being the first. I made it clear from being ask that I wanted to make sure the MABRC was mentioned. The hosts were very gracious and it was an enjoyable experience,

Author:  Teresa1 [ Tue May 24, 2016 1:21 pm ]

Just had a chance to watch your video Sawdust. I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the tour of the old house and smokehouse area.

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 pm ]

Teresa1 wrote:
Just had a chance to watch your video Sawdust. I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the tour of the old house and smokehouse area.

Thanks Teresa! :D

Author:  Arklatex [ Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm ]

Fellow Tennessee researcher Larry Porch turned me on to this part of LBL when he was hunting with his cousin and they had some strange activity happen across the field just inside the woodline.
[/quote]
Man, as I was watching the 1st several minutes I kept thinking how much that looked like the Ouachita mtns in winter. Looked like very familiar woods for sure. At that pond, do you think our target uses it for a water source? You mentioned lotz of deer sign. Has there ever been any tracks found? Right around the 8 minuteish mark there appears to be a creek to your right. I'd keep an eye on that too!

Arklatex

Author:  sawdustt [ Fri May 27, 2016 5:00 am ]

Arklatex wrote:

Man, as I was watching the 1st several minutes I kept thinking how much that looked like the Ouachita mtns in winter. Looked like very familiar woods for sure. At that pond, do you think our target uses it for a water source? You mentioned lotz of deer sign. Has there ever been any tracks found? Right around the 8 minuteish mark there appears to be a creek to your right. I'd keep an eye on that too!
Arklatex[/quote]

At LBL there are a lot of natural springs and creeks with running water my thoughts are they might use the pond to bushwhack small game especially during the hot summer when the vegetation has soured and the winter when there is none.

We haven't found any tracks right there but about 2/10's of a mile (as the crow flies) we have.

We have captured some good vocalizations on the other side of the creek.

Thanks for watching the video!!!

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 am ]

Here is part 2 of the radio podcast I was on. In this one I made sure to mention the importance of audio and brag a little about Rebelistic and SuperDave.

Author:  sawdustt [ Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 pm ]

Just posted today my investigation at Titanium Swamp. We went back today and sat out some dropboxes.

Author:  therealsuperdave [ Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm ]

Enjoyed watching you record the removal of hair samples on the barbed wire fence. Later, I watched a Finding Bigfoot episode from Mississippi, where similar length samples were found. Matt Moneymaker was amazed and surprised at the length. In the show they said their sample was sent to a lab. At the end of the show they said the lab was unable to determine the host animal. Have you found a lab to identify the host animal for your samples?

Author:  sawdustt [ Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 pm ]

therealsuperdave wrote:
Enjoyed watching you record the removal of hair samples on the barbed wire fence. Later, I watched a Finding Bigfoot episode from Mississippi, where similar length samples were found. Matt Moneymaker was amazed and surprised at the length. In the show they said their sample was sent to a lab. At the end of the show they said the lab was unable to determine the host animal. Have you found a lab to identify the host animal for your samples?

Thanks Super Dave! I haven't pursued yet looking for a lab but I did give DW some of it and just doing some poor mans research on the internet. My thoughts are if it is hair from a known animal most likely it would be from a cow's tail. I was told by the person who asked me to investigate his property that the land owner only has Black Angus cows in that 500 acre woods and pasture but I haven't been able to confirm this with the rancher or see any cows. I did see some BA cows on the way home and I pulled over to examine their tails and appear to be black in color only. Most of the samples I collected had four colors of different hairs in each sample (blond/white, light brown, reddish brown and black). When we go back next week to pick up the dropboxes we are going to go back over to the ranchers house again and see if we can find him. Right now I thought by posting my video on a boat load of Bigfoot FB sites I might get lucky with someone that has some knowledge on hair. Also, I'm looking for someone with a microscope that can examine the hair. I have found some pretty good pictures of cow hair on the internet.

Attachments:
File comment: Cow hair under the microscope
13342914_1376911918991316_2696835866848459297_n.jpg
13342914_1376911918991316_2696835866848459297_n.jpg [ 5.72 KiB | Viewed 6082 times ]

Author:  therealsuperdave [ Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:03 am ]

DW was telling us at camp last week there is a type of microscope that can attach to the computer and the image is displayed on the computer monitor. That would be a great tool for researchers to have, if affordable.

Attachments:
image.png
image.png [ 251.42 KiB | Viewed 6076 times ]

Author:  sawdustt [ Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm ]

Here is the latest video of the Titanium Swamp Investigation that we have been doing.

Author:  sawdustt [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:57 am ]

Back to Land Between the Lakes

Operation: Y-K (R)

After spending the last three months doing a investigation at Titanium Swamp we were thrilled to get back to our old stomping grounds. On this video there are no explosions or fireworks, it is mostly us just setting out four dropboxes and some possible markers we ran across. With that said, I have come to the opinion that it is relevant to document how we collect our evidence and us shooting a video seems to be our little niche in doing that.

We feel like we are not fully using the constraints of our recorders. SuperDave and myself have been experimenting using lithium batteries and 32gb memory cards. Although we have increased our recording times we should be capturing twice as much. One common denominator to our experiments is that we have been buying our batteries and memory cards off eBay. I noticed with a couple of the cards our camcorder would sometimes shut off after a few seconds. I decided to buy four memory cards and the batteries from a local box store to just eliminate that out of the equation.

Larry Porch and myself plan on returning on Thursday to check on the recorders. The tentative plan is if they are still running is to download the audio in the field which would be approximately 120 hours and keep them running. My newest audio reviewer trainee is traveling from Florida back home to Missouri on Saturday and wanted to see LBL. We will show her around and pull the dropboxes then. Hopefully the recorders will have ran the whole seven days which would be about 170 hours.

Author:  sawdustt [ Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:42 pm ]

Operation: Y - K (R)

Part 2

I hope this video sets an example to the folks that every time they step in the woods they see where Bigfoot has been. It seems to me that we even get "Black Eyes" because too many people cry wolf or should I say Bigfoot.

Author:  Rebelistic [ Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:34 am ]

Its a learning curve for all of us. As long as we continue to double check things it keeps us grounded. When in doubt throw it out, however if it keep repeating in the same area do more looking to determine exactly what it is. As I've said before, sometimes we overlook some things we shouldn't. Repeatability make it more than a coincidence.

Author:  sawdustt [ Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:30 pm ]

That is so true Rebelistic! I would rather de-bunk my own suspected evidence or at least if I do present evidence that I feel might be "possible" it is important to me that I show the different ways I try to de-bunk.

Author:  sawdustt [ Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:26 am ]

Y-K (R) Part 3

Dropbox Retrieval
Debunk 101
Tree Break
Operation : Owl Hoot

Author:  YankeeSearch [ Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 pm ]

I love the term arsenal of 2 cameras and gopro.... :D

Author:  sawdustt [ Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:57 pm ]

Kudos To YankeeSearch

I wanted to recognize and thank YankeeSearch for his help in reviewing audio. His learning curve has been astounding and his "catches" and reports are professional. If any of you audio guys need help reviewing I highly recommend him.

Thanks again YankeeSearch

Author:  YankeeSearch [ Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:56 pm ]

Sawdustt is being too kind...
All I have caught so far is 143 airplanes, 23 automobiles, and maybe... JUST MAYBE something taking a leak on poor Sawdustt's $200.00 digital super-recorder (the highlight of my listening experience so far). :lol:
Thank you: I have enjoyed it. I finally feel like I am contributing to this community. Thank you for letting me do so. I have grown thanks to this, and to all of you at the MABRC. :tweed:

Author:  sawdustt [ Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:35 pm ]

Meeting Bob Gimlin

Author:  YankeeSearch [ Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 pm ]

Wow! :)