Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: MedicDon's Research
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:46 pm 
Forum Moderator, MABRC Mid-South Regional Director of Operations

Medals: 5
My primary area of research at this time is near Branson Missouri at the home of a couple who have experienced some strange things since first moving to the location 12 years ago. Their first experience was a nighttime sighting which they have reported to the BFRO and the report can be read here http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22600. They were referred to me through the AIBR after they caught an image on their game cam and wished to have it analyzed. That picture and some others will be added to this thread soon. They also have recorded some howls which are as of yet classed as unidentified which I will be sharing for you input and review.

This is the game cam picture that got me started on this case. Neither the witness nor I are claiming that it is a picture of a bigfoot but I am stating as a fact that whatever it is it has clearly defined edges and mass. It also interacts with the environment as I will demonstrate.

Prior to the arrival of the subject the area looked like this

Take notice of the sapling behind the tree where it appears and you will notice how the sapling is moved to the left in this image which was just before the “face”

The “face” appears at the base of the tree farthest to the left in the pic, here is a close up ;

here is an animated gif of the face done by the witness:

Interesting. Am I also detecting some arm movement to the left of this tree. I may be reading too much into this but it looks like a possible taller figure hiding behind this tree. It appears to be bending the sapling in front of the tree.

It looks to me like a human sitting on the ground, then leaning back to look at the camera over his left shoulder, jmo.

I should add that the sapling is behind the main tree on a slope and that whatever the subject is less than half of it is visible in the pic.

Post subject: Re: MedicDon's Research
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm 

Unknown wrote:
What was the reasoning, in placing the game camera in that exact location ??

Was something seen there before

or.. it just looked like a good spot to place one

Was it placed there for deer

or.. placed there for our Big Harry Friend ??

The cam was placed there because of strange howls and roars that are heard behind the house. The house sits in the exact spot where they had a sighting in '98. The land owner is not a bigfoot “believer” he just wants to know what is coming up behind his house. If I can get a small clip of the howls isolated I will post them otherwise it will be the latest recording which is 9 minutes long.

Thanks Tapemaster!

At present the clips I have posted in the audio section do not work. When I get the bugs worked out I will let e1 know.

This last Sat. night I spent several hours behind their home with a parabolic mic and recorded a plethora of dogs, coyotes, geese, ducks, guineas and cows but nothing that even came close to sounding like the subject of these two recordings.

driveroperator wrote:
Just looking at the small face peering around the tree, without any regard to the mass and dark larger figures. The face by itself almost looks the color of a mountain lion with it's ears laid back.

But the other possible are AWESOME!

My first thought was a long haired type of dog.

Definitely something for sure.

BlacksmithSEAL wrote:
Greetings all... just joined MABRC. I'm the guy who owns the house in SW Missouri, and who captured the game camera picture described by MedicDon. Although the picture was captured by the camera on 8 Feb 2008, we didn't realize we'd captured the image of the creature until we were reviewing our entire file of game cam pics in slideshow format in April 2008. There is a dirt pile located between the camera mount (tree) and the creature's standing location. That dirt pile conceals the lower half of the creature from sight. I relocated the camera several times during the year in hopes of capturing another image, without success. In Nov 2008, when enough leaves had fallen to approximate the bare-limb conditions of Feb, I mounted the camera on the tree where I'd captured the orig picture, I stood on the same spot as the creature, and I had my wife trigger the camera. I'm six feet tall. I placed the original 'creature' picture beside my own picture, matched the marks visible on the tree (arrows) to ensure scale was the same, and calculated the creature's size at approx 4' 6” (its head comes up to my armpit). I was standing flat-footed as there is no 'slope' within reach which would afford the ability to lean or rest at an angle. A bit less than half my height is hidden from view. I interpret this to mean that there is a lot more of 'the creature' than is visible in the photograph... probably something like 30%-40% of it is hidden from view. If you look closely you can see what appears to be a tall/rounded 'ear' (or what might be an ear) lower down on the left side of the creature's head. There also appears to be a 'pink' arm holding the tree (not visible in earlier pics), although I believe that it was in motion at the time the picture was snapped and may be blurred enough to make details undetectable/unreliable.

Another note... whatever it is that howls (daylight and darkness), it certainly is not afraid of gunfire. One day at dusk my wife returned from walking the dog in the front yard to report that the 'howler' was 'out back... and close'. I stepped out the back door and the howls sounded like they were just inside the treeline. They sounded aggressive and 'tense' or 'urgent', and consisted of long and short calls... all single-note, with no climb or drop in pitch like a hound/beagle (we own a bloodhound and there are all sorts of dogs and coyotes in our area so we are intimately familiar with domestic barks, bugles, bays, howls, etc). The howls became more insistent and took on a distinctly challenging urgency.

As I wanted to discourage 'whatever it was' from approaching the house or endangering my family, I decided to discharge my handgun (.45 cal 1911A1). On the off chance that the 'howler' was actually some idiot trying to spook me, I determined to fire at a large woodpile about 50 feet behind the house in a direct line with the howls coming from further inside the forest (a further 25 feet and hidden in darkness). I fired a single shot. The howls continued. I fired a second single shot. The howls increased in frequency - long and short calls, still only a single note with no rise/fall in pitch, but much closer together (almost like a chimpanzee pant-hoot). I fired three shots in rapid succession. The calls continued, closely spaced and very 'urgent', but then the 'howler' moved away to the east-north-east and the 10-acre lot beside our own. A few minutes later the calls were originating near our neighbors property line, his livestock was 'alarmed' and offering their own calls of concern, and we heard two gunshots. Presumably our neighbor thought the 'howler' was a threat to his domestic animals. The calls continued, but moved off into the forest and faded.

It is my contention that if this were a dog, its call would rise and fall. It does not match any bird call (owl or otherwise) that we've been able to find. If this was a human 'playing a trick' then the gunfire would have immediately discouraged him. I make no claims as to what the call is, but I'm fairly certain that it is NOT a hound or beagle. I've had numerous County Animal Control officials examine the picture and listen to my recordings, and none of them can identify either. I have a former SEAL Teammate who spent an entire career after the military as a veterinarian and veterinary surgeon (currently consults for IAMS). He is unable to identify either the 'creature' or the calls. I have an elderly friend who spent decades 'coon hunting' in Louisiana and Mississippi, and he says that although they initially sound like a hound, there are subtle differences and he doesn't actually think they are a domestic dog of any kind or a coyote.

I really believe that the howler and the face in the pic are two different things altogether. On top of that a possible track found and some history of possible tree signs makes it a very interesting area to have for a long term research effort.

The possible track was found less than a hundred yards from the house on the slope directly behind the old trailer in an area where recent rain runoff had swept the leaves off of a game trail

I was not planning on going into the woods that day due to deer season and wasn't equipped to document the find more completely.

Unknown wrote:
So are there other game cam pictures from that day (02-08-08)? Could we see them?

I have 11 pics taken with the camera in that position, not all are from the 8th but they give a good feel for what the area looks like in different conditions. BlacksmithSEAL may have additional images to share.

What is the creature in the circle? Someone’s dog?

I believe there was a pair of dogs out there, you can make out the darker one to the left of the golden one. BlacksmithSEAL can give you more details on them.

Having very little experience with tree sign and stick formations I wanted to share the only odd thing found on the walk. This neat little pile of limbs contains parts of three different trees and just seemed out of place.

Here is a pic of the creek bed that borders the back of the property. The rocky slopes leading down to this stream are well wooded and criss-crossed with game trails. I found tracks from deer, coons etc. in abundance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 pm 

medicdon wrote:
I believe there was a pair of dogs out there, you can make out the darker one to the left of the golden one. BlacksmithSEAL can give you more details on them.

I don't need any details if they are dogs, They just seemed to be about the same color as the object behind the tree.

How do the dogs and cat react when the creatures are in the area?

BlacksmithSEAL wrote:
Yes... the neighbors to the NW (a matching 10-acre 'long rectangle) had a large number of free-roaming (often unfed) dogs. Most were captured/removed in late 2008 by our County Animal Control officers. It was at that time that initial ID inquiries were made with those officers regarding the identification of the creature in the game camera picture.

There are domestic cats, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, possums, bobcats, and a large variety of other wild life in our area of the Ozark forest, including occasional reports of black bears, mountain lions, and 'black panthers' (I was one of three who personally saw one 'black panther' here in 1998).

I think it is a shadow. Look at the times it appears and notice the shadows growing in length on the ground.

The only problem I have with the shadow/matrixing notion is that when examined with edge defining software the “face” has clearly defined edges which in my estimation indicate a solid mass of some kind. Also the pic was taken at 1pm facing in an essentially northeast orientation.

I agree with Medicdon, there is something there. It is further out from the tree than any other shot in different lighting. It’s more than a shadow.
the dark mass looks there could be something hiding, using the shadow to its advantage

With my expanding interest and involvement in research I have decided to attempt a website of my own. My fledgling project is entitled Ozark Bigfoot Investigations and as soon as i get something put together I will post a link. Anyone with links, images or whatever that they would like to share please let me know.

Well, this could use some digital enhancement. Although the figure certainly looks like a face, so does that mountain on Mars when the light's right. It doesn't seem to have much of a skull shape. Is it partially obscured by black leaves? Is he wearing a dark toupee? And I'm not able to discern a left shoulder. These guys are known for upper body bulk, are they not? But that sapling moving in front of the tree is intriguing!

The pic at 02/06/08 @ 11:59 AM with the dog(?) circled shows the same sort of something beside that same tree. The dog(s) would be having a fit and would either be snarling and snapping at the creature, if it were one, or they would be high-tailing it in the opposite direction (unless BF has pet dogs of his own). Or ARE they running away in the photo? The shot taken 2/10/08 also shows a hint of something by the tree. Is that BF's favorite tree that he returns to time and again? And mightn't the sapling movement be caused by wind? I dunno.

All in all, it's rather interesting, and I have nothing but questions. Wish I could check out the site myself. These folks may actually have Squatches in their neighborhood, but I'm pretty skeptical about what these photos show. I suspect that the 'creature' is either something natural like grass or a tree stump in the background or a joke.

NavySEAL sent me a new recording from 12/15 of the “howler” I will post a clip here this weekend.

Still haven't analyzed the latest audio clip but i did make a road trip to scout a possible new research area in Cedar county in an area that has had a couple of sightings reported.

I plan on making my first trip of the year to the howler area this month.

The witness made several more recordings of the howls over the winter. I also hope to start working my new area in the near future. Sadly work and family obligations are murdering my free time for research.

Quote:
How close is your research area to Climax springs Missouri?

Momo64 wrote:
Hopefully an upcoming rodeo date down your way will correspond to some free time for you.. as soon as I get a definite date,, I will let you know!
Climax Springs is about an hour east of my area

My research interest got a big shot in the arm this last weekend when I went on an expedition with Momo64 and Bthemonkey. We had some activity that I felt was pretty interesting and I learned a little about tree formations in the process. I have located a cheap supplier of hydrocal to fill that need and I am assembling a kit to record, document or cast any evidence I find on my trips.

Quote:
For some reason I can’t navigate all of your research pages correctly, I can only see pages 1, 3,and 5, any chance I could listen to your howl recordings? Are they somewhere on the forum?

Quote:
Sounds like you have some neat stuff going on there

I am very excited to hear what happens next!

The audio clips are in the audio section of the evidence room under my name. Here is a link to the page, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

http://www.mid-americabigfoot.com/phpbb3a/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11722

I have additional clips that need to be posted as well.

Additional clips posted

Quick update:

I have found an economical source of Hydrocal and now 25lbs ready to be divided into 5lb casting kits. I also have a sonic super ear to upgrade my parabolic capabilities. These two items added to the casting and evidence collection kit I am building should greatly enhance my future research efforts.

Momo64 and I hit the ground in a recon of an active area that the Missouri Ape Project is interested in. I am on the road and won't be able to edit or post any audio/video/pics until after the 23rd. We are planning a night op/listening post at the same locale this weekend. Nothing earth shattering today but we encountered some interesting potential tree sign/structures.

The monsoon like weather patterns and a poorly timed road closure led to a very disorganized research effort during my vacation. I did make some progress at fine tuning the parabolic mic and had enough frustration trying to take some long distance pics that I now own a monopod for such occasions. Spent some quality field time with Momo64 and DO and also met Magicjim.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 pm 

I will be posting updates on the howler investigation and my other activities soon including my work with Momo64 and the Missouri Ape Project.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm 

In addition to the howler investigation which is still ongoing and the research trips with Momo64 I have been looking for an area not to far from home where I can make a long term research effort. I might have found two such areas today in a region with a history of sightings that have been reported to the BFRO and other groups. The terrain was certainly worth a closer look as one area is almost impossible to penetrate due to the thick growth and the other is packed with potential food sources to support a large primate and his family with ease. Two possible tracks found in area 1 were inconclusive but interesting enough to get my attention. My wife was able to join in me in the field and had her first experience with examining a track find in person and exploring an area for research potential such as the abundance of berries and nuts found in area 2. The two tracks were too old and weathered to cast but I did take pics and measure them (12" long, 5" ball width,4inch heel width). I would judge the dimensions as being marginally outside the norm for a human foot despite the relatively small length. Pics will be posted soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:42 am 

This is the second track I found, it is small as I noted before but I see possible toe impressions and the foot seemed to have curled around te rock as it stepped on it. The track was much deeper than any shoe prints found in the area.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:54 am 

The first track was very degraded and lacking in any real definition but it quite a bit deeper than the shoe and boot prints in the area and has the exact same dimensions as the second track.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 pm 

New potential research areas, new sightings near by, this could be an active year after all!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm 

Howler update:
The howler visits continue and the quest to identify the animal responsible for the howls is ongoing. In March of this year we made a visit to the site and I was accompanied by the landowner on a hike into the woods. No vocals were heard or recorded on this visit but the howler did pay them a visit not long after our walk into the woods. The hike produced one possible tree sign and we found a potential deer kill that was worthy of documenting.

Updates will be posted as this investigation continues.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm 

M.A.P. activities update:
My research work with Momo64 continues to be a great avenue of research and learning for my wife and I. We have been fortunate to document a lot of different types of tree manipulations. I think one deciphering what if anything is being conveyed by these very different structures may go a long way in helping us to understand these creatures a little better.

If the current trend in research possibilities continues for the South Division of the M.A.P. there may be an expedition on the agenda for the late summer or early fall.