Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Team Skilleyville Research
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:47 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
The purpose of this thread is to give the Team Skilleyville folks one place to write down their collective research. The team does research together and instead of putting 10 or so different research threads together, we decided to put it down in one area from our collective research. Individual research is still put in the individual's research thread.

Team Skilleyville is made up of:

Darkwing
Cherokee Rose
Bighead
Elvis
Goose
No Mercy
Splatter
Squish
Redtail-hawk
72Beetle
Squatchfinder
Bushman
Dances with Bigfoot

Adopted member - Driveroperator :D

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Team Skilleyville Research
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 am 

November 13, 2010

Darkwing
Bighead
Elvis
No Mercy
Cherokee Rose
Goose

We all headed out to Skilleyville, it's been a long time since we went out there so we all met, built a small fire to ward off the chill and give the Skilley's something to focus in on. Goose and Cherokee Rose soon fell asleep in the blazer and with No Mercy tending the fire, Bighead, Elvis and Darkwing went for a night hike, that ended up with them having rocks thrown at them from quite a distance as the rocks could be heard sailing through the trees at us.

Later, a pack of coyotes approached very close to us and were barking up a storm until Elvis did a whoop, and they immediately shut up and not made another sound.

Attachment:

DW_A0121.mp3 [ 718.16 KiB | Viewed 5849 times ]

Why is this interesting? Well, think about it. It's been speculated that Bigfoot will tear up a pack of coyotes to keep juvenile Bigfoot from being attacked by coyotes, here we do a whoop and they immediately stop howling and barking. Hmmm.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:22 am 

November 14, 2010

"The Congo"

Bighead and Elvis conducted daylight research looking for tracks and checking the area out on 4 wheelers. Elvis sees his first Bigfoot. Will be posting the audio where Elvis talks about it.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:32 am 

November 20, 2010

"The Game Preserve"

Darkwing
Bighead
Elvis
Cherokee Rose
Goose

With the start of deer season, it was decided to go to the game preserve to see if the Bigfoot may have migrated up to the preserve to avoid the hunters in the woods. Upon arrival about 8:30 PM, we found the wind on the mountain was blowing really hard, making hearing any vocalizations impossible unless they were upwind of us.

With Cherokee Rose and Goose staying in the blazer, Bighead, Darkwing and Elvis took a night hike around the large pond up on top of the game preserve. Noted several large bedding areas that were most likely elk.

Sat at the trail head listening, hoping for some rocks to be thrown at us. Then Bighead and Darkwing walked down the road to the west, nothing happened. After sitting some more and trying to listen with the wind. Bighead, Elvis and Darkwing went hiking on the road to the east. On the way back, night vision allowed us to watch several blobs moving in the distance in the tree line. All three of us seen the movement in the night scope. It was a full moon, so no IR LED was needed to be turned on. The distance between the figures and ourselves made it hard to get close without loosing contact. Eventually we returned to the vehicles and sat for several more hours before heading home, the wind was surely not cooperating with us that night.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 pm 

Research Location - The Eagle's Nest

A recent sighting no more than several days ago brought members of Team Skilleyville to go The Eagle's Nest, a new research area, to conduct some night operations. A night hike and a listening post did not produce any results as the wind had picked up and despite several possible vocalizations, nothing could be heard.

Members there:
Bighead
Elvis
Goose
Dances with Bigfoot
Darkwing

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:08 pm 

Nothing major, but Team Skilleyville of the MABRC held a small camping trip Saturday night, 3-28-10, by camping out at the Bait Stations at the southwestern end of the valley we are studying now near the river reed area. Those in attendence were Bighead, his youngest daughter, Darkwing, Cherokee Rose, Red-tailhawk, Bear, Splatter and Squish, while Elvis made a short appearance on Saturday night.

We went on a night hike, and nothing really to note, some movement in the woods on both sides of the team, and some eyeshine, but gave us a chance to show the newer members how to conduct a night hike.

We all settled in, and about 2:30 Sunday morning, had some visitors come roaring up in a big 4 wheel drive and after that, just settled back in and slept until daylight. We then had a great breakfast of breakfast burritos that were made Boy Scout way and packed up and headed home.

Not much in the way of research, but we did have a chance to train some of the newer members on things.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 am 

September 23, 2011

Squatchfinder came down and met up with me and Cherokee Rose, and we headed out to Skilleyville. We wanted to show Squatchfinder the area again, so he had a better idea of where everything was in relation to the spot we were sitting at that night.

We then traveled a little further up the Hi-voltage power line right of way and found the perfect spot to sit at in Skilleyville. (See pics below)

I had to take Cherokee Rose back into town while Squatchfinder put out his baits for the night, 5 double cheeseburgers from Mickey D's.

When I returned, Squatchfinder and I sat on the bluff until darkness fell over us, talking and listening to movement down below us in the woods. Squatchfinder did several wood knocks and whoops, but it was when he did his owl imitation that our eyebrows raised up. Down below us in the valley, something imitated his owl call almost exactly. I heard this, and when I told Squatchfinder, he didn't hear it, but when he did the call a second time, he heard it respond that time. There was movement down below where we sat, it would take 3 or 4 steps and then stop for a little bit. I eventually had to leave since I had to work the next day, but Squatchfinder stayed the night, maybe when he has the time, he can tell us what happened after I left.

Attachments:
File comment: Another view to the northwest.
photo5.jpg
photo5.jpg [ 84.71 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: The high-voltage power line to the northwest.
photo2.jpg
photo2.jpg [ 132.76 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: The high-voltage power line to the southeast.
photo6.jpg
photo6.jpg [ 59.57 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: Trying to take a picture of the valley view, that is my hand trying to shield the sun from the picture.
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg [ 91.81 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: Part of the bluff where we sat at and listened.
photo3.jpg
photo3.jpg [ 142.6 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: Part of the bluff where we sat at and listened.
photo4.jpg
photo4.jpg [ 159.24 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
File comment: The view at dusk from our vantage point, it was a beautiful sight. The stars were clearly out in force and you could see even the smaller ones clearly.
photo7.jpg
photo7.jpg [ 21.69 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am 

September 16, 2011

Squatchfinder and Big Bill H were coming down to go sit out with Cherokee Rose and myself at Skilleyville. Well, it was raining and the wind was blowing fairly good and we were sitting on the hi-voltage powerline right of way. We tried putting a tarp between two of the vehicles to sit under, but the wind made it flap too much and cause too much noise. The decision was made to get in the vehicles and listen, as it was just too wet to do anything else. After sitting there for about 20 minutes, I heard a whoop, and thought Squatchfinder had done it, but then I heard a second one too. I thought okay, he's trying to get a response. About 5 or 10 minutes later we heard a wood knock behind us. I got out and walked over to Squatchfinder's vehicle where him and Big Bill had been sitting in, and that is when they informed me that the first whoop wasnt them, and we concluded it was within 150 to 200 feet from us from the powerline right of way. The wood knock was heard by everyone.

Big Bill had to leave a little after that due to having to work the next morning, and finally after about another 30 or 40 minutes after he left, the rest of us left too.

The weather was just not cooperating with us.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:30 am 
MABRC Moderator, MABRC Texas State Director
MABRC Moderator, MABRC Texas State Director

Medals: 20
Highscores: 1
Nice to hear ya'll had good activity and those pics are nice. Looked like a beautiful evening. Cant wait to go this week!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 9
Of all the times you have set up on a Power Line Right-of-way

Have you ever actually seen something
or..is it always just things you have heard (foot falls, limb breaking , etc)