Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team Skilleyville Research
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:56 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 12
It's really sad when Bigfoot start drinking like that. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Went yesterday with Splatter to a new location she found, hopefully this Friday night we can go sit and set up a listening post for a while, it's a trail that goes along the spline of a ridge and there are sheer drops on one side that opens out onto a huge valley where we have had thermal hits, vocalizations, rock throwing and markers found at. It will be a great place to sit and listen with a parabolic and see what we might hear.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 pm 

I thought I had updated this thread with the last few outings, but it seems I missed it.

3-30-2012

CompresserMike, Splatter w/husband, and myself went out to the area and explored the area and then set up a listening post, scanning the area with a thermal camera. Heard a few vocalizations in the distance, but nothing really stand out.

Attachments:
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1896.jpg [ 183.93 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
File comment: The four wheelers parked alongside the trail.
IMG_1897.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg [ 208.25 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1895.jpg [ 175.16 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 pm 

4-21-12

CompresserMike, Squatchfinder, Cherokee Rose and myself traveled out with the new four wheelers to the Bait Station area, to give the four wheelers a try out. We traveled down to a structure that CompresserMike had found during the February Expedition, and he had placed two additional sticks on it. When we returned, we found another stick had been added. After placing two more sticks to the structure, we left the area only to have issues with one of the four wheelers. I returned to town to get a different four wheeler and returned with Cherokee Rose. Squatchfinder was about to leave so he switched off with Cherokee Rose on the four wheelers and headed home.

CompresserMike, Cherokee Rose and myself traveled up to the hi-voltage powerline to the west, about 2 miles and parked in different directions and listened for a while, scanning every so often with the thermal. Owl calls were heard off in the distance, and several smaller animals were seen with the thermal.

Finally the chill got to be too much for our light clothing and we returned to the vehicles and called it a night.

Attachments:
File comment: Parked together, the four wheelers take a small break.
IMG_2031.jpg
IMG_2031.jpg [ 159.64 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
IMG_2032.jpg
IMG_2032.jpg [ 82.03 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
IMG_2033.jpg
IMG_2033.jpg [ 86.14 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
File comment: Trying to see who has the most bars on their cell phones.
IMG_2035.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg [ 116.19 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 pm 

4-22-2012

Cherokee Rose, Goose, Nate (other grandson) and myself headed over to Splatter's to park the truck and trailer, we were going to take the four wheelers exploring Splatter's new area. We traveled down and headed deep into the forest.

On the way out, we discovered a large branch had been placed in the road behind us while we were in the woods. We looked at the neighboring trees to see if it matched any of them and had broken off, and none matched the bark on the branch. We have had this happen to us before in hot spots where something has blocked the trail with a log or tree. I took pictures and the only thing I had that I could leave as a gift was a grape kool-aid drink pouch that I opened on one side and left on a log to the side of the trail.

I will be returning on 4-24-2012 to check the kool-aid pouch and to leave some fruit snack bars and a picture of a bigfoot, myself and Splatter as she will be taking over the baiting here, that way the Bigfoot would hopefully understand that the food is being left by us and maybe show themselves like they did in Skilleyville whenever they seen the Blazer.

Attachments:
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg [ 192.18 KiB | Viewed 3496 times ]
IMG_2039.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg [ 189.61 KiB | Viewed 3496 times ]
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg [ 216.4 KiB | Viewed 3496 times ]
IMG_2037.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg [ 179.68 KiB | Viewed 3496 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:11 am 

4-24-12

Splatter and I have set up a bait station where the limb was placed across the road, we have taken a picture of the two of us and placed it alongside a drawing of a Bigfoot on paper and began leaving it near the food being placed there. This is a tactic that DO started quite a few years ago in Honobia, and one that I used in Skilleyville with some really good success. At Skilleyville, we had a picture of the Blazer on it, and the Bigfoot actually began stepping out in the open, although at a distance, when the Blazer pulled up. I'm hoping that since Splatter grew up on the mountain there, that she is recognizable by the Bigfoot and she may have them appear to her when she is riding horses or traveling around on the Polaris, much the same way they did the Blazer at Skilleyville.

We left some apple cinnamon bars there.

Attachment:
IMG_2116.jpg
IMG_2116.jpg [ 336.68 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg [ 190.85 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]

4-29-12

Splatter and I went to resupply the bait station and everything but the one in the tree was gone, more than likely taken by small animals, but plans are to go back and elevate the bait in the next few days. If anything, we are bringing small animals to one location that may have a bigfoot take advantage of as a place to catch them for food. Popcorn and fruit will be hung from trees at a higher location on the next trip down there.

Attachment:
IMG_2044.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg [ 220.43 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 am 

4-28-12

CompresserMike and I headed down to Honobia to recon the area in readiness for the Memorial Day expedition, we covered the areas once thought to be heavily logged and found that the area had several test cuts in the forest, but nothing substantial to prohibit the Bigfoot from being there.

We then traveled up to K Trail where we explored the area, getting a good feel for the layout there. Lots of beautiful locations, one of the great advantages of being a Bigfoot Researcher, you get to see the artistry of Nature.

Attachments:
IMG_2058.jpg
IMG_2058.jpg [ 96.7 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg [ 213.34 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]
IMG_2103.jpg
IMG_2103.jpg [ 83.82 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]
IMG_2057.jpg
IMG_2057.jpg [ 163.52 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 pm 
If you would have went a couple more miles you would have found that creepy hand painted sign pointing doen a rickety trail as being the way to stay on K trail...the other way said " dead end" almost like that scary movie where you are lured into a trap by evil mountainfolk!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:16 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Darkwing wrote:
I will be returning on 4-24-2012 to check the kool-aid pouch

Hey DW - was there any sign of the pouch when you went back the 2nd time?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am 

Sorry Forestguy, didn't see your question, the kool-aid pouch was there but it was torn open and emptied.

4-30-13: Just spent the last two nights in the field with Squatchfinder using thermals. We spent the first night at Splatter's bait station and heard vocalizations, and after Splatter and her husband came down to visit a little, as they left, 3 rocks were thrown at us. A few hours later, we went on a night hike up the trail, and found trees twisted, and a x formation all within close proximity of each other, I plan on going back with a camera as my cell phone died that night and we couldn't take pictures of it. As we looked back at camp with the thermals, we seen a large upright figure standing to the right of camp, as we moved closer to it, it moved over the hill and away from us. We had hoped to get closer to take thermal pics of it, but it moved too quickly. Nothing further happened that night. Last night, we moved down to the crossroads going into the valley. We sat next to the creek, but couldnt cross because the water was too high. About 10:30 that night, we moved further back up the bank because we couldn't hear anything due to the running water. After we did this, Squatchfinder got into a whooping exchange with something in the valley, this went on for about 20 to 30 minutes. It then died off, we figured it lost interest and didn't want to come check us out. After being out two nights in a row with little sleep, we soon found ourselves falling asleep in our chairs. With a heavy dew coming down, we sat in our vehicles and scanned with the thermals and nothing was seen in the scans. We loaded up this morning and headed home. It was a productive outing.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next