Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Re: Arklatex's Research
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:12 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.I cant wait to read them.There is at least two things in the recording moving.At 4:46 there is a wood knock also.
what caliber weapon do you carry?just curious i dont think anything but a close up head shot would stop them really if the need be.For the most part experiences seem to be more paranoia on the humans part.I havent had one so i only speak from what i read.You never know if the next BF is the crazy uncle noone invites over for reunions tho lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 1
Ok Guys/gals, I finally have a new laptop. Been conversing with Hunter and Rebelistic. Okay, this first audio I captured in my research area on Feb 7th of this year. There is a dang armadillo close to the recorder. You will hear a gunshot from across the river then exactly 1 minute later a solid wood on wood knock.. ..full volume. use headphones.

Attachments:

knock 2157hrs 2-7-16 (2).mp3 [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 4061 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:43 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
I have noticed that too, that gunshots once in a while can get a return knock. That is one reason why I suspect knocks to be a way of locating each other. With a gunshot not happening again, it nine chance at 10 new was at one of their own. Nice catch. I like it.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm 

Rebelistic wrote:
I have noticed that too, that gunshots once in a while can get a return knock. That is one reason why I suspect knocks to be a way of locating each other. With a gunshot not happening again, it nine chance at 10 new was at one of their own. Nice catch. I like it.

Why, thank ya.....thank ya very much...(Elvis tone).

I'm fixin to send out the power knock I got the following weekend at a spot we call the atv trail.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:50 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

What part of TX are you in? I am out quite a bit solo but normally on the backwater of the Trinity...Neches or occasionally the Sabine. I would also say be armed and be safe. As for sasquatch and well.....lets hope he is the gentle beast of the forest and he has smaller hands than feet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 am 

easttxwood wrote:
What part of TX are you in? I am out quite a bit solo but normally on the backwater of the Trinity...Neches or occasionally the Sabine. I would also say be armed and be safe. As for sasquatch and well.....lets hope he is the gentle beast of the forest and he has smaller hands than feet.

I'm actually in S. Louisiana. But I research in Texas and Arkansas too hence my name Ark-la-tex. Yea man, the trinity and especially, the neches has alot of activity. We've been researching there for years. Mostly some private property for time to time. Apple springs has a public campground that ajoins the neches. That's a good one. In Davey crockett, we just had an outing at Mission Tejas. There's a much..better spot nearby if your interested.

Oh yea, I camp 40-60X a year by myself...so I am always armed. usually my six shooter or my .357 and my 30-30 carbine. I just got 2 model 1851 navy block powder in .36 and .44. I'm sure I'll start mixing it up....Lol

I have no... fear of a Sasquatch harming me as I'd never fire on one. I come in peace and the ones in my research area know it. The weapons are for crazy ass people roaming the country, bears and hogs...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:45 pm 
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
Hey Arklatex and easttxwood (Tom?). I'm in Tyler and mainly focus my research on audio recording now days. I like to leave the recorder overnight for several days without camping. Looking for potential hotspots in E Tx and NW La, to try to capture the classic spine tingling yell. I have a lot of spots where I get great coyote calls and barred owl calls. Still looking for the holy grail of all vocalizations. So far I have recorded some classic whoops and some possible distant howls. Let me know if you hear any possible vocalizations in your outings.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:17 pm 

Will do. We all want the holy grail. Lol I'd love to get the Klamath scream. It would be awesome. I'd say stick to the neches and trinity rivers. I personally know of no other river with more activity than the neches.

Arkllatex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm 

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
Marantz PMD-660, Rode NT4 mic, XLR cables...nice quality equipment. I just use cheap Sony and Tascam equipment. If I had more expensive equipment I'd be reluctant to leave it unattended in the woods. I copied Texla's long-term recorder concept using an ammo can, tractor battery, 12v cigar plug, usb cord, and a Tascam DR-03. Its out right now in the woods hiding under a deer blind somewhere near Coushatta.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:46 pm 

therealsuperdave wrote:
Marantz PMD-660, Rode NT4 mic, XLR cables...nice quality equipment. I just use cheap Sony and Tascam equipment. If I had more expensive equipment I'd be reluctant to leave it unattended in the woods. I copied Texla's long-term recorder concept using an ammo can, tractor battery, 12v cigar plug, usb cord, and a Tascam DR-03. Its out right now in the woods hiding under a deer blind somewhere near Coushatta.

Ha ha Shut... the front.... door !!! Good job! I used to use a PMD 660 with a NT4 ! Love that blue light at night. The NT4 is hands down, the single best...field condenser mic I've ever used. I ended up up selling it to a friend. I just bought an NT5. Problem is the NT4 is powered by a 9v Battery. The NT5 has to be powered by phantom power. One of my tech wizard friends built me...a power pack just for the mic. It's nearly as hot as the NT4. The NT4 is such a low noise, high output mic, My Bud Bruce in our group was so impressed by it he Bought one.

I record with my LS7 in my tent. I run my XLR 100 or so feet to a small sapling. I listen live in my tent as I'm going to sleep. I can record anything I hear down. I have years.. experience with the NT4, If you haven't already, ditch the lousy foam windscreen they provide and by a dead kitten windscreen better and only 24 bucks. The NT4 is spectacular at capturing distant vocals and howls. Find a small sapling 15 feetish and bend it over. I would etape the mic bout 12+ feet, above the ground. This technique works awesome . as it picks up distant vocals and howls over all the lower brush. If you didn't know already, I'm co-founder of Texla research.

Arklatex