Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: MAPS Team Research Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
This is the Missouri Teams combined research thread, when several members of the team go out researching together, this gives them an area to post their combined research together.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: MAPS Team Research Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm 
Forum Moderator, MABRC Mid-South Regional Director of Operations

Medals: 5
Sweet idea DW!!!
As Momo posted in his research thread we hit a new area together this afternoon. We made three stops in different parts of the large connected area and every stop produced something in the way of evidence. The final stop was the site of a great personal experience for both Momo and myself and my wife got in on it a little as well. She was stationed at a picnic table while Momo and I scouted the nearby trails for signs of activity. We located a couple of likely looking tree formations with travel paths interconnecting them. The real action started after we made a couple of wood knocks and Momo forged ahead while I remained in place. We immediately heard movements on the ridge above us including knocks and grunts. Shortly after Momo answered them with some vocals of his own we both saw shadows moving in the trees above us which time we reunited on the trail. We were discussing our next move when we got skunked by that odor I am coming to know all too well. As we were exiting the area the sounds of movement shadowing us were heard and every time we stopped the odor would reoccur. Even after we were back in the area of the picnic table we picked up the smell and my wife experienced it for the first time. This new area is bursting with potential and we will definitely be back there as soon as we can for a more thorough investigation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Medals: 7
Highscores: 1
Other than almost getting snake bit today..the preliminaries in this location was great..
As I posted in my research thread..DO has taken some reports from very near the location ..
This area is a part off a river bluff system..and I am speculating that the local population could be much larger than what we originally speculated..
There is much to do throughout Missouri..
We haven't even gotten close to studying in areas traditionally associate with sightings!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Sounds like a great time! Was this up in MOMO's area? Just from the way it sounds it is. Give me a heads up and I'll see what I can do to come up and tag along. I need to spend some time with you veterans!

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

A question arose on my my thread as to whether I thought there was. A troop in the area or a single male..possible tracks of various sizes suggest a troop!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm 
Forum Moderator\MABRC Mid-West Regional Director of Operations
Forum Moderator\MABRC Mid-West Regional Director of Operations

Medals: 1
Cool, how many different sets of tracks did you identify?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:02 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Three set of various size...BTW..we mayvhave on to give biggjim's gigantor a run for it's money!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 pm 

The sheer volume of evidence and trackways encountered in one short visit would indicate to me that there is a sizable population frequenting if not inhabiting the area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 10
Glad you found another area to research--thank you for putting in the time to find the likely spots.--Please review your process for selecting an area for all the newer researchers to see what they may track down near them. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

This is a new site..in a regular are.... (the area is about 250 miles long by 5-10 miles wide!