Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Re: BigKansas' Research
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

(This is from 6-15-2013 This was taken from my journal.)

(Background on this location: This location is one of four that I routinely visit. Due to the relatively short drive time from my home to this location it is where I spend much of my time researching. I do not feel that the area is suitable for sustaining a troop of Squatches permanently, but I do feel based off of my findings in the area, the number of reports that surround the area, and the accessibility to the area via river system, that it can sustain them for short stretches of time. Overall it has plentiful water, food, and enough cover to keep them comfortable.)

We hit a new section of our primary research area that we had yet to explore. It was a good 45 minute to an hour hike into the area before we hit the location we intended to explore.

There is no vehicle access to this area, so hiking in is the only method in which to reach the area. No other signs of foot traffic were seen on the way in.

About a half mile into the area is a section of woods that covers several acres of land. We wandered into that section of woods back on Dec. 22nd of 2012. On that date we experienced rock clacking while following the game trails into that stretch of woods. We were not able to traverse into that section of woods this time around. The game trails that we followed into that wooded area the last time are now overgrown with high densities of foliage and poison ivy, and we were fighting off ticks while wading through the grasses just to reach the location. I can't imagine how bad the ticks would be inside the tree line.

We attempted several rotations of vocalization and wood knocks at the edge of the tree line at three separate locations, but got no return response.

We continued south towards the river that winds its way through the area. We hit the river at a bend that is hugged by woods that stretches several miles. Again this section of woods was far too dense at this time of year to venture into it so we followed the same method that we tried at the other wooded area. We mixed in vocalizations with wood knocks at certain points along the edge of the tree line.

Before we headed too far down that section of woods, I decided that the location and overcast conditions were perfect to field test a tubular device that I have fashioned together to protect voice recorders from the elements, and from also being seen by anyone who ventures by it. It did in fact pass the field test. It kept the recorder dry from the down pour of rain that hit the area, and it passed the visibility test when Chris walked right by it on our way out. It also did not disrupt the quality of the audio.

Not long after the placement of my device we hit a spot at the tree line that had a good opening in the woods. The opening was not accessible unless we wanted to wade through a thick patch of poison ivy.

It wasn't long after we discovered this viewing point that a rhythmic wood drumming began. We have heard this before at another location not too terribly far from where we were at. It had a similar cadence to the rock clacking incident that I briefly mentioned above. Only what we were hearing this time sounded like a stick rapping on a log. This is the third time we have heard something clacking sticks or rocks together in this research area.

The recorder that I placed a hundred or so yards away from this location did pick up the drumming. The drumming lasted just over a minute. Unfortunately song birds disrupted most of the recording but the last few seconds of it were clean.

I have provided the amplified version of the drumming. Please feel free to chime in if you have heard this before or if you know what may be doing this.

(On 1-17-2016 myself and another researcher witnessed a woodpecker making this exact noise on dead fall)

We also discover a fresh tree bend about a half mile or so to the west of the location we heard the drumming at. The bend appeared to be no older than a week old when we found it based off of the appearance of the areas of bark that were rubbed off when it was constructed.

Last edited by BigKansas on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re: BigKansas' Research
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 pm 

Another interesting find that I came across in December of 2012. This was found on a trail that parallels a patch of timbers that I heard what sounded like rock clacking coming from. That is my size 13" shoe. The print measured in the 18 to 20" range. I didn't have a measuring device on me at the time, nor did I have any casting material. I have since purchased casting material, and just my luck, I have yet to find another castable print in that area.

This print was found about a half mile or so north of the area that we recorded the drumming sound and about a mile northeast from the location of the tree bend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:15 pm 

This is from a night operation that was conducted on 4-6-13 also in the research area mentioned in the above posts.

Possible wood knock.

I will be spending 3 consecutive days in the field in Early December and I intend to update this thread with my current efforts from here on out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:03 am 
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
Good luck with your research. appreciate your sharing the details.

:erb:

Post subject: Re: BigKansas' Research
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:19 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
Very nice. I agree you are catching knocks. Keep up the good work!

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:29 pm 

Nice work, would love to hear this without the birds. Danny always liked to play Jonny Cash's Get Rhythm . It sat in the ditch 20 foot from the man cave, hummed & be bopped to it all afternoon. I sat on the back porch and could hear it up here at the house. We enjoyed the entertainment all summer. Nightwind

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:15 pm 

The drumming incidents have taught me to carry a recorder on me at all times. I am determined to get a clear recording of it and hopefully see what it is that is doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm 

I also still have the whole drumming saved on my recorder. Once I get my laptop back and running I'll get the whole thing posted for opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:17 pm 

I just got permission to share these from the individual who reported these prints to me several months ago. They were found next to a stretch of railroad tracks in mid to late January of 2013 here in Kansas. These photos were sent to me months after they were found. I was unable to see them in person or properly document them.

I will be spending 3 days in December investigating the area they were found in.

Possible juvie prints.

The shoe in the photo is 9 1/2"

This is a hand slide where the "mud walker" slipped and tried to catch itself.

Last edited by BigKansas on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 pm 

3 more that go with the last post. Two sets of possible juvie tracks were found.

This track was considerably smaller than the one that is shown in the above post.