Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: NWGaBigfoot Hunter and Apebait's Research Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm 
Forum Administrator - MABRC South-East Regional Director of Operations

Medals: 2
Temps in the mid 80's though the humidity is swinging up and down. We have had a few hints of autumn as well. This coming week promises low 80's during th day and low 50's at night. Bring it on ! The trees are even turning gold and red! We have had enough rain this summer to promise beautiful colors soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:08 pm 

HeikeOtt wrote:
Your weather must be better than mine, or else you're more acclimated to it. I'd love to go out and start taking pictures or something, but I'll be darned if I'm going to do it in triple digit heat! Good luck, I've really enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to more news and updates.

Thank you for the kind remarks. The thread got a little jumbled a while back when the forum crashed. DW did wonders piecing it back together. I think we might have lost a few posts, but I lost my log book a year ago. Many wonderful and sometimes scary memories for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 am 

After way too long I managed to get in the woods last night. I have found the game wardens aren't out there at night enforcing the user fees. Is that wrong of me?
Any way I went for a few hours. It was very cold. 23 degrees and calm. Avery quiet night so after a while I started back down the trail to leave.

As I approached a T intersection my head lights caught red eyeshine in woods ahead of me. They were about 7 to 8 feet up. Blinked once and the turned and walked away. I was alert enough to stop the truck and scan the area. I figure it was 20-30 yards in the tree line. I sat for a few minutes and walked in to where I thought it was. I didn't find any tree reflectors or such. Awhoop I did didn't get a responce. It's nice to know they may still be around!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:24 pm 
Banned
Banned

Highscores: 4
Nice one Ape.

No it is not wrong of you to avoid the fees. Think "federal taxes". :)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm 

The place is deserted now that they charge day fees. That's benificial to the wildlife. And I can be up there alone!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
Less chance of evidence contamination from people too. Kinda makes researching a little easier. I like quiet lonely spots!!

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm 

Hopefully the wildlife will start on an upward climb again. Used to be any night you could see herds of deer, skunks, possums , and the occasional coyote or fox. We have seen an increase in armidillos too. I was afraid the bigfoot had wiped out the local population of deer. Both seemed to fade away at about the same time. But this was also when the DNR paved the road to the top allowing 2wd cars better access. The WMA total acreage is 9 to 10000 acres. They bought land recently, not sure of the total acres. The small size makes locating the bigfoot a little easier, considering land to the east is 100 times that size.

In the past year with the day fees less people go now. I am only there at night for 2 to 4 hours, that's all my schedule will allow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:21 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Hey everybody, I've been absent for a long while. We are back at it as gas money, time and my health allows. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia this passed spring. Ape and I rode up about a month or so ago, Too many campers with horses, but in an area well away from them, we did hear a tree snap, can't say for certain that it was the big un, but there wasn't any wind, and it was in the area of all the tee pee markers. Apes computer crashed so I'll be posting as we get out and about.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 pm 
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014
MABRC Researcher of the Year 2014

Medals: 8
Highscores: 1
Greetings nwgabigfoothunter. Sorry to hear about your recent health issues. Glad you are well enough to get back out in the woods. Are you researching in NW Georgia? If so are you anywhere near Douglasville? My son and grandson live there and I am planning a vacation there in March 2014. I want to take them somewhere in GA to do some Squatchin. (They humor me in my interest in BF, but they are skeptics.) Maybe we can get together sometime?

:erb:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:59 pm 

Yea, we are close to the Cohutta Wilderness Area. I've been out of the loop for a while, I went back to school and got my degree in architecture. Then Fibro popped up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next