Sightings From Desert Apes

National Sightings Database
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Sightings From Desert Apes

Post by admin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:04 am

My Son and Nephew's Bigfoot Sighting Near Las Cruces, NM

Submitted by Sharon Eby & Investigated by TBRC

Source: http://www.texasbigfoot.com/LasCruces1.html

Submitted by witness on Wednesday, December 5, 2001.

DATE: Nov. 24, 2001

SEASON: Winter

STATE: New Mexico

NEAREST TOWN: Las Cruces, NM, just north of El Paso, TX.

OBSERVED: We were camping for Thanksgiving week. There were 3 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 small children. My 14 yr old son was outside in the night getting me something from our SUV when he turned to see what he described as an 8' tall humanoid shaped figure walking south in the half-moonlight. He had no flashlight to look closer but when he saw it/him/her (I'll just call it an "it") he got scared and ran into the trailer where we all were. The weather was fairly cold (just a little above freezing if I remember right) and it was just after a sandstorm had passed through the two days before. All was clear with few clouds in the sky that night. Once inside he told us and we laughed and thought he was joking so we suggested that perhaps, because of it's size, that it was Bigfoot. I have a friend who knows/knew some people and had heard of at least 4 Bigfoot sightings in the El Paso Franklin Mountain area over the last decade or so, especially in the "Anthony Gap" pass on the north side of the Franklin Mountains outside of El Paso... so anyway, it was not unheard of to know of Bigfoot sightings in the desert even though they usually live in forested areas. We have, within an hours drive of there, many forested and wooded areas in the mountains all over New Mexico and it is not a far reach to think they would roam outside their territory on occasion... especially in the dark of night.

So after we got a good laugh my nephew, age 18, took his flashlight and they stood just outside the trailer looking to see if they could see this 8' tall figure my son claimed to have seen. Just then, although they didn't see anything, they heard a very large growl, like a warning sound or angry sound type growl, along with a shuffling of the dirt, or digging of the dirt with a foot(?) which reminded my nephew of a bull scraping the dirt with it's foot just before it runs towards you. The boys both freaked out completely and ran inside the trailer falling down and slamming the door behind them all at the same time. They were yelling and absolutely CONVINCED that whatever it was that was outside made the growl. I asked a series of questions, still not believing that they weren't trying to fool us, and I could plainly see that Derek was totally freaked out and absolutely unwilling to go outside anymore. He was truly afraid... it was then that I realized it was real. I suddenly got this feeling that we were in danger, although I had not heard of a Sasquatch /Bigfoot attacking anyone before (except once when the stupid people threw rocks at one).

We just stayed inside peeking out the windows with flashlights trying to see anything but alas, no such luck... but then perhaps, because of the growl, it was for the best that we didn't see anything. After a while I felt the danger feeling pass and all was ok, even though we all locked the door to the trailer and our friend (who sleeps in his car) locked his car during the night. The boys drove back to Las Cruces to spend the night because they were too afraid to stay and my nephew had to work the next morning.

PHYSICAL EVIDENCE: We didn't check the area until the next morning. Due to the winds still being up a bit and also the entire area we were camping at being pure sand (blowing sand at that) there was nothing left of footprints or evidence left behind.

OTHER STORIES: Just from the friend who knows/knew some people and had heard of at least 4 Bigfoot sightings in the El Paso Franklin Mountain area over the last decade or so, especially in the "Anthony Gap" pass on the north side of the Franklin Mountains outside of El Paso

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 9 pm, near freezing temperature.

ENVIRONMENT: BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land, hilly, mountainous, rocky/sandy/desert. All BLM land which is free range lands, cattle and other animals graze sometimes as there was plenty of old cow patties around the land. A popular area for people who go mountain biking, ATVing, 4 wheeling, etc. during the daytime only. No one was around or camping even except us. Nearer the highway there a some scattered homes and ranches and a food factory, otherwise it's a hilly and mountainous area, although mostly desert vegetation.... not typical for a Bigfoot area, but still we have no other "logical" answers at this time due to what happened.

SIGHTING LOCATION PHOTO:

BFlascruces.jpg (23131 bytes)

INVESTIGATOR'S COMMENTS: There were five witnesses present during the sighting. Two witnesses were involved. The temperature was near freezing. There was moonlight with very few clouds. The terrain is desert with ravines.

The two witnesses were a 14 year old and his 18 year old cousin. They were camping with his mother, Grandmother, and a family friend, and two small children. I talked to the 14 year old and his mother on two different occasions. Both were very accommodating. The mother's report had not changed from the written report submitted to our website.

The 14 year old went outside of the camper to get some soft drinks from the car. As he approached the car he saw a black, large figure walking on two legs through a ravine. The figure appeared humanoid. He could not make out any facial features or any other details. He could tell that the figure was approximately 8' ft. tall. He guessed this because the ravine the creature was walking in was 10 ft. deep.

After the sighting, his cousin, with a flashlight, walked back out with him to investigate. The creature was no longer in sight. After a few minutes, a long, loud growl was heard along with a digging sound. The digging sounded more like what a bull/buck would do with his hoof against the ground when angered. The sound of the growl was both of anger and intimidation. Both boys ran back into the camper trailer very much upset. The remaining witnesses that were inside the trailer, could tell the boys were very serious and frightened.

TBRC Investigator

©Copyright 1999-2002 Texas Bigfoot Research Center
Horizon City Bigfoot Sighting

It was the article above which spurred my interest into investigating the case of this El Paso/Horizon City sighting. Thanks to Adriana Chavez of the El Paso Times the witness called me on my cell phone AFTER we had been all over Horizon City (east of El Paso) looking for her, checking out the area and making notes on the area, terrain, and bodies of water, double-checking with locals, speaking with people at Lake El Paso (what used to be called Shadow Mountain Lakes), and even checking with local police and city officials. Thank goodness for small favors!

I made an appointment with the witness, Cecilia Montanez (real name withheld by request) and took along my nephew Derek Eby, who has been my partner in investigations (UFO's, Marfa Lights, etc.) many times in the past, and his girlfriend (name withheld). We interviewed Montanez at her home, took pictures of the area, and recorded the interview on videotape. As you can see below, my investigation of this particular case brought up some interesting aspects that wasn't covered in the original Times article! My additions in purple below...

Source: http://www.texasbigfoot.com/ElPaso1.html

Submitted by field investigator (Sharon Eby) on Saturday, August 23, 2003.

DATE: August 04, 2000

SEASON: Summer

STATE: Texas

COUNTY: El Paso

NEAREST TOWN: Horizon City, a subdivision of El Paso

NEAREST WATER SOURCE: Lake El Paso

OBSERVED: The witness was traveling southwest on Eastlake Blvd just before noon. Her granddaughter (8 yrs old) was with her in the front seat, too short to see through the window and not looking outside anyway. She said that even later she was too busy WATCHING the creature to tell her granddaughter to look. She saw up ahead about three or four blocks distance from her (note that there are not actual "blocks" shown by roads and that this distance is the witness' estimation of distance) a large hairy creature leaning over something on the ground. It instantly stood up and walked with a STRAIGHT back on two feet towards the desert to the west, perpendicular to the road. Sighting occurred on west side of the road, and the creature was standing three feet from the road. Desert stands far to the west and north of this area starting at the road. NOW there are housing developments across the street and SW about 1 block away. During 2000 the nearest homes were not that close (but still within sight).

The creature did not appear to notice her or her vehicle and walked casually away, swinging its arms naturally while walking up and over a sand mound. Upon going down over the back side of the sand mound it seemed to slightly "jog like a guy" down the hill and keep going down and down until it disappeared. She said that it seemed as if it went down into a cave into the desert even though she (the next day) could not find a cave entrance in the area (she figured perhaps it had a trap door of some kind). Creature was last seen approximately 50 feet or so original spot before disappearing "into the ground." She said that she had seen the creature for perhaps 30 seconds or so total as she was driving and reaching the destination, where she stopped the vehicle.

She reached the destination of where the creature had been crouching when she first saw it and noticed that there was a dead coyote where "he" (the creature) had been before he got up to walk away. The coyote was laying on its left side with a hand-sized FRESH blood smear on it's right side. She did not see any bite marks on the carcass. Nor did she get out of the vehicle at all. She noticed the coyote's head was severed CLEANLY as if by a knife or other instrument and tossed approximately 10-15 ft to the west (into the desert away from the road) and that NO BLOOD was present anywhere on the neck (neck cut looked shiny as if glistening, and was a light pinkish color with no blood at all) and no blood was present (other than the smear) on the carcass, nor on the ground. She did not feel safe enough to get out of the car and finally drove away.

DESCRIPTION: Creature appeared to be 7-8 feet tall, perhaps 300-350 lbs (a guess), wide at shoulders, slim at the hips, horizontal-looking muscles flexing between shoulder blades, dull (not shiny) & faded maroon short hair (uniformly short), and much rounder (more bulbous) at the back of the head than shown in the artist's depiction drawing, she said. It appeared to have small but pointy-like ears(?) and an ape-like but bulldog shaped mouth (but longer, not squashed). She also said that the legs and arms in the artist's depiction were not right, that in the drawing they looked "too human" and were more "ape-like." She did not get a good look at the creature's eyes or facial expressions and had seen his profile (right side) only, but his neck was short and wide.

PHYSICAL EVIDENCE: She and her husband and another man-friend came back the following day to check out the area and the sighting location, but the carcass was gone, no cave was found and no more creatures were seen nor were any footprints found as the desert there is sandy and the winds come and go. She did notice that her husband and friend (they are 5'-10" and 6'-2" tall) looked very short compared to how the creature looked standing in the same area. After this incident she immediately followed up by going to the library to see if there was any other information available on such creatures seen in the desert there, and started talking with people in the area. She found out some interesting stories that seem to correlate to hers which I will share in a separate email/submission after some follow-up visits and phone calls are made.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, she had after that (about October 2002). She had been driving home about 9pm at night. It had been sprinkling rain and as she turned the corner to the SW (her house is 3 doors from the corner on the S side of the road) she noticed that a creature of great height was standing in the entryway of her next door neighbor's house (house was NE of hers). The creature appeared to have same shape and build as the one she had previously seen in the desert and his eyes appeared to glow red (similarly how cat's eyes glow in the dark). The creature walked upright in front of the house, then fell down on all fours and ran QUICKLY (like a blur) up the street, around the corner (to the SE) and into the desert. NOTE: Homes are being built just a few blocks SE of Montanez's house, but it is open desert beyond that. To the NW of her subdivision her home is 5 blocks from the edge of the desert also. The area is expanding quickly from the SW towards the NE.

SOUNDS HEARD: No sounds associated with either sighting above, however she was once taking the trash out at night to her backyard (she had just lifted the trash can lid), by the back rock wall (pine trees line the edge of the wall) and she heard a DEEP growl like warning noise! She said it did not sound like anything or any animal she had ever heard before and sounded like it was made from deep within the chest. This sound correlates to the same type of sound that my nephew and son heard north of Las Cruces, NM in 2001 that scared them so badly. After hearing the sound, she went inside the house immediately. Nothing was seen. No odors were smelled. This noise happened June of 2003 towards the beginning of the month between 8:30 - 9:00 pm just after it got real dark.

ODORS: No odors any time. She was in her car for both of the sightings with windows rolled up.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 11:45 am, sunny day, no wind.

ENVIRONMENT: No farms, but many cattle ranches nearby, and subdivisions are fairly new.

ARTIST DEPICTION:

NOTE: Witness said that the artist's depiction of this "bigfoot" was not quite the same as the one she saw... that it's arms in this picture are too human-like, and especially the legs. Also that the head was not as pointy in the back, but was more bulbous.

INVESTIGATOR'S COMMENTS: Approximately 3 blocks northeast of Darrington on Eastlake Blvd in Horizon City (El Paso address). Sighting occurred on west side of the road, and the creature was standing three feet from the road. Desert stands far to the west and north of this area starting at the road. NOW there are housing developments across the street (Eastlake) and SW about 1 block away. During 2000 the nearest homes were not that close (but still within sight).

Lake El Paso is the closest body of water, further northeast several miles up Horizon Blvd. Witness also mentioned that below that is a watering pond on a cattle ranch 1 mi before Lake El Paso to the NE.

Terrain: Desert with sandy mesquite mounds all over, cacti.
Six Local Possible Bigfoot Sightings

Information given by Cecilia Montanez

1) A male relative (anonymous) was shooting rabbits 20 yrs ago as it was getting dark and on the way to the car red glowing eyes were seen behind the mesquite bush. He aimed his gun at it and the creature charged, hair and tall (flashlights used???) and he shot towards it and ran and left the scene.

2) 10-11 yrs ago the witness' son used to do what they called “rocking the red eyes” out in the desert. They would stand by their fire and see at least 5 pairs of (tall) red eyes glowing and pacing around them. They would throw rocks at them until they left.

NOTE from Sharon Eby: Please note that I once received a report of a boy and his father seeing "green eyes" from many tall beings in the darkness out east of El Paso in the desert which they thought were chupacabras. These creatures made clicking noises similar to those on the movie "Signs" and freaked both the boy and the father out. I interviewed the boy around summer of 2002 (I believe). Interestingly enough, MOST (not all) chupacabra reports have green eyes or yellow eyes, and rarely red eyes, whereas MOST (not all) bigfoot reports have red eyes, sometimes yellow/gold eyes, and rarely green eyes. A common link between the chupacabra (translated "goat sucker") is that they suck the blood out of their animal prey. In this ONE particular case with Montanez's sighting, the Bigfoot was seen hunched over a coyote carcass which had been cleanly decapitated and no blood existed except for the small smear on the fur, but NO BLOOD on the neck or head itself! Whether this Bigfoot caused this occurence in the coyote, or stumbled upon it is anyone's guess.

3) In NE El Paso at the Shrine, some friends of the the witness (couple from CA coming to the Bowie high school reunion last year (’02)) saw red eyes glowing down the embankment of the edge of the Franklin mountains at night (did not see creature).

4) A local Judge (or a friend of his?) saw, when jogging behind the Cadillac bar on Montana St., an upright creature (running as a blur) kill the manager of the bar. Creature ran upright (may be at night after closing?).

5) On Pebble Hills/Yarbrough streets in El Paso (witness lived on Yarwood) a friend’s son came out of a convenient store and saw eyes behind a bush, then an “ape” ran out and went up the street towards Montana St and out towards the desert. This was at Ft. Bliss (Biggs Field) years ago before loop 375 was built.

6) A woman's mother (presently 84 yrs old) talked about her mom telling her older brothers (on Horizon ranch) about 40 or so years ago to get the cattle in before dark or the “Gorilonas” (offshoot word in Spanish for something similar to a “Gorilla”) come out.

Follow-ups on much of this will be done. I have more details on witness' address, phone number, etc. on Bigfoot sighting as well as other information and some names from above stories. A video tape was made of the account. Maps with locations of sightings will be drawn up eventually as well.

Sharon Eby

©Copyright 1999-2003 Texas Bigfoot Research Center
Seven More Bigfoot Sightings from the Past

These sightings were relayed to me many years ago by my friend Chuck Reel. He either knew the people who had these sightings or else had friends who knew them. One sighting is a first-hand account. Once all the above Horizon sightings were investigated then I got a hold of Chuck and asked him to tell me what he remembered about the bigfoot sightings he knew of. Here is what he wrote...

Wednesday, October 08, 2003 9:51 PM

1) Well, here goes. The 1st one was in NE El Paso on "snob knob" when a man was in the shower and heard a noise outside on his deck. When he looked out his window, he was staring into the face of a bigfoot (BF) which turned and ran. He quickly ran outside to see the BF running northward across an arroyo from his house.

2) 2nd was an incident on the dirt road on the south side of Trans-mountain Road on the east side of the mtn. A group of several vehicles were 4 wheeling and one was stuck. A BF let out a scream which terrified all present and someone shot the BF and was convinced it was hit as it really screamed and came running down the mtn towards the people. They jumped in their vehicles and slammed one into the stuck one to get it moving and left the area quickly.

3) 3rd was on Anthony gap road when a guy going westbound early in the morning saw an animal's eyes reflecting in the headlights. He stopped in a dip and pulled out his rifle hoping to shoot a deer and rushed to the spot. Looking through his scope, he saw 2 BF creatures heading north and that was the last sighting I've heard about.

4) However, when I was in high school, a friend and I were out catching rattlesnakes in the middle of a hot summer day on Indian Nose just NW of the 1st corner on the east side of Trans mtn rd when we got a flat tire. Below us we saw what we thought was a huge black man walking north over the old military bunker hill behind the now museum. When we realized nobody would be stupid enough to wear all black in that hot sun, we believed we were seeing a BF and got scared trying to get out of there with the flat and a banded rock rattler.

5) One incident also happened to me personally before high school when Curtis Sackse and I were camping in the canyon just before cottonwood canyon to the north off Trans mtn rd. We camped on top of a cliff in a valley full of leaves so nothing could come down the canyon without us hearing it and nothing could come up the cliff yet "something" was between us and the cliff. It was night so we made the fire bigger and we could see red eyes working around our camp sight. We thought it was our friends scaring us but we changed our minds after warning it and then began shooting constant BB's at it and throwing every rock at it we could find. It would disappear for awhile and then reappear a few feet away and we would bombard it again. This went on for hours and I'm convinced that any normal animal like a mountain lion would have ran away immediately so I think it was a BF.

6) Oh, and there was last year when Jan Peek and I were elk hunting in CO near the NM line when we heard a BF scream less than a 100yards away that made the hair on our necks stand up and we left the area quickly only to return the next day to search the area and found nothing.

Update 3/25/04:

7) Just across the New Mexico line from Texas on WarRoad is a plant that deals with hazardous waste. An employee lived in the mobile home behind the plant and one night he heard his fenced-in German Shepherd barking furiously at something in the desert. All of a sudden he heard a loud thud and heard his dog yelping as it was knocked over the fence and ran off into the desert. The next day he went searching for the dog in the Franklin Mountains behind his home and he found tracks of a bigfoot which scared him so bad that he went home, packed up his belongings and moved away from the area immediately.
Here are a couple of other older El Paso area sightings

Source: BFRO/TBRC

1973 Bigfoot Sighting

The first time was when I was 12 years old I heard what I thought was a women
screaming near a river. I felt so helpless it was in the late night and could not wake up my sister
the screaming was that of blood curding that even now I can still remember and I
still get very spook by just thinking of it. I am now 47 years of age. Would you believe
this took place in El Paso just outside a small district of Ysleta Texas.

The second time was when I was 17 It was a crisp cool evening about twilight in the valley of
Socorro Texas a few miles from Ysleta this time I was walking with my cousin in the distance of an ambdon cotton field I saw what was about 8 or (9) feet high at first I didn't believe what was happening it was
walking towards us it was greyish brown in color the back ground was a small canal

I told my cousin to be quiet and my instincts said to ran I began to run my cousin
followed then passed me. it had entered our house that evening threw the back door
what made this so scary was it had pulled the door right off its hinges and walked into my bedroom where my mother and aunt where sleeping

I had given up my bed for my aunt that night she had had a fight with her husband and so I slept
with my other aunts house about a block away it was the first day of school and we had to get up early because my other cousin would be giving us a ride when the next day I stopped in to pick up my school supplies my mothers face was white and told me about what had happen the night my brothers heard my mother scream and it left a few
days before that however I could feel something weird around the house we were renting I
would sometimes leave the side door open for my big brother because we never knew when
he'd be coming home one night before all this happened.

I heard what I thought was my brother I called out his name Trinidad is that you it was after midnight there was a
uncomfortable uneasiness because I had heard this spoons rattle. I then heard something come through the
living room I covered my head with the covers and felt something scaring at me I was alone that night

I believe this creatures do exist I also believe that they migrate into Mexico I know that the Indians of New Mexico marcirated into Mexico the Navajo Geranimo.

The third time was when I was about 16 I was with my boyfriend we were on the Rio Grande making out in the back seat it was late at night and I heard something that put chills down my back I said to Mike what was that he said it
was nothing maybe an owl or something I was really spooked and didn't want to be there any more so I lost interest in making out reaaaal quick and made him take me home. All this incdents happened near the Rio Grande There is as folklore would have it said to be the crying lady who comes out at night looking for her children she had drown in the river God had punished her by never giving her peace she would be forever crying out along the river for her dead
children.

This is the legend I grew up with it is a old Mexican wives tale I know better We tend to protect our subconscious with the Easter bunny and Santa Claus not what were really afraid to accept the fact the the boogie man is real and living among us . Also Noticed Nothing expect I could have messed myself!

Conditions around 7:00 dark twilight it was cold
Other Witnesses about 5

Other Stories no we moved soon after
Landscape gas station near corner of the road and on Moon City rd.

Year 1973
Season Fall
Month September
Day of Month 03
State TX
Directions to Location not a problem
Nearest Town El Paso
Nearest Road alameda
1975 Bigfoot Footprints Found

Source: BFRO/TBRC

On Mon Dec 29 15:02:11 2003, The following information was submitted:

Name: (withheld)

Street Address: (withheld)

Date: 09/12/75

Time: approx 1600 hrs

Weather: dry, warm

City: Horizon City

County: El Paso

State: TX

Location hwy: Horizon Blvd and Horizon CC golf course, West approx. .5 mile

Location water: drainage ditch next to the golf course

What happened : Found approx. a quarter mile of footprints along a sand dune in the creosote bushes. Backtracked to the NE until lost upon hard ground. Lost to the SW at a hard arroyo and could not pick up the trail again. Photographs were taken and the prints were 17 inches long and 7 inches wide. The remarkable thing about the prints were that all five toes were not evident in all the prints... indicating the creature that made the prints had flexible toes (not like a fake foot) where the little toe and the one next to it had lifted occasionally when the prints were made. Another remarkable thing about the prints were that they led often through the middle of 4-foot creosote bushes, crushing the main branches, indicating to me that the prints were not faked because a human would never have done this and risked physical injury. The search was started due to a number of sightings in 1975 which the El Paso Times reported and named the creature the "Horizon City Prince." It all started after 9-1-75 when a 17-year-old reported a face-to-face while dove hunting on or about 9-1-75 near the golf course. A number of reporters also had a visual encounter during a moonlit night and reportedly saw a dark, large, bipedal figure striding down a large sand dune. I happened to be out at night with a friend of mine named Sam B. in his Jeep when I noticed something wrong with a creosote bush as we passed. We circled back and discovered the crushed bush and the large footprints. We took a dune buggy back the next day and searched for the same bush by following the tracks from the night before. That's when David N., Frank H., and I tracked the prints and photographed them. David N. has the photos and I haven't been able to locate him for some years. I now believe he lives in Leesville, LA. but as yet I haven't found him. Frank and Sam still live in El Paso.

No physical evidence: see above...and I will send them if I can find Dave N. terrain :

Other (Describe Below) other: sand and desert with yucca, creosote (greasewood),

Activities: driving in off-road vehicles...a common recreation in El Paso

Prior sight: I left the area in 1981 and don't know about subsequent incidents but several sightings occurred during that September

Prior sound: It's the desert and strange things/sounds occur all the time

Farm: The developers of Horizon City had attempted to install a recreational lake about 3 or 4 miles East of this location and held water at this time
UPDATE! New Sighting Report 2/13/04

Additional Source: http://texasbigfoot.com/ElPaso2.html

"Tailless Monkey" Seen in El Paso Desert

Witness: Male
Name: Brooks D.
Date of sighting: Tuesday 7/29/03
Time of incident: approx 7am (1 hr after sunrise)
Weather Conditions: summer morning
Closest Highway: North of Montana St (east of El Paso city limits) in the desert with scattered houses around the desert.
Closest Water Source: A pond is nearby that fills with water when it rains.
What was seen, heard, observed, encountered, or found:
This report is being sent in by TBRC West Regional Leader, Sharon Eby, based on eye-witness interview today. The witness told me the following:

Early in the morning, about an hour after sunrise I stopped to go to urinate because I had to go so bad. I stood by a bush and noticed a large tree trunk about the distance from me to that "water tank" (please note that witness pointed to a tank that sat about 125 feet away) up in front of me. Then I thought to myself, "What the heck is a tree trunk doing here in the desert!" I had not ever seen it there before and it appeared to be about 4 feet high or so and was dark colored. Suddenly I saw the "tree trunk" stand up! I then noticed that it looked like a monkey... but with no tail. Then I started to freak out really bad because I was actually looking at a large monkey right there in front of me! His shoulders were really broad, his color was dark, like blackish with some red, and his face was just like a monkey.

Witness showed the height of the creature at approx 8 feet tall when standing upright (fully upright like a human) with longer arms than a human, but lots of hair, noticing that the hair hanging down from under the arms was approx. 4-5 inches long, dark but reddish in color.

Witness continued: I saw him stand up, turn to glance at me for a second and then looked away from me and started walking away from me like I wasn't even there, or like he didn't care that I was there. I watched him walk away into the desert. I didn't tell too many people at first because I figured they would laugh at me, but then 2 days later that article came out in the El Paso Times newspaper about the bigfoot that was seen south of there in Horizon City so then I started talking more about seeing the bigfoot. I spoke with one lady and she was really interested in hearing my story because she said she had a small dog and that a large creature like that reached down in her yard to steal the dog, but when she yelled it quickly leaped over the wall in one single jump.

If animal(s) were seen can you describe: Just the bigfoot standing up after I thought it was camouflaged as a large tree trunk. His shoulders were broad, arms long, he stood like a man but looked like a tailless monkey with dark reddish hair that was long hanging off the arms. He was so big and wide!
Sketch: yes
Photos Taken: no
Footprints or other physical evidence: I spoke with the witness' father Wayne and he said that Brooks did not tell him about the bigfoot sighting until a week after it happened because Brooks was afraid he (and others) would just laugh at him and not believe him. Wayne offered to take Brooks out to the sighting location to look for footprints but by a week later they would be long gone.
Terrain: Desert terrain, mequite mounds, greasewood, cacti.
Activities of witness prior to occurrence: Going through the desert on his usual route and stopped to go to the bathroom because it was urgent and he could not wait.
Any other incidences prior or since this occurrence: Witness was unaware of any other bigfoot sightings in the area until he saw the article in the El Paso Times, and then started speaking with others.
No sounds heard
No odors smelled
Any farms or agricultural facilities in the area: Ranches and homes. A military base not far away that is mostly all desert.

Report written by TBRC Field Investigator Sharon Eby 2/13/04

Return to “National Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting