Mid-July in Bigfoot History: Momo, Farmer City Monster and M

National Sightings Database
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Mid-July in Bigfoot History: Momo, Farmer City Monster and M

Post by admin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:13 am

Louisiana, Missouri
July 11, 1972. At 3:30 p.m. on the outskirts of the town of 4,600, Terry Harrison (age eight) and his brother Wally (age five) were playing in their yard, which sits at the foot of Marzolf Hill. Suddenly, their older sister Doris, who was inside, heard them scream and looked out the bathroom window. She saw something standing by a tree: “Six or seven feet tall, black and hairy. It stood like a man but it didn’t look like one to me.”

It appeared to be carrying a dog dripping blood. The following wave of sightings was dubbed “Momo” (Missouri Monster) by the media.

Salyer, California
July 11, 1968. A Bigfoot disturbed a family at their campsite on the Trinity River, near Salyer.

Butler, Ohio
July 12, 1978. The Kline family and 15-year-od Ken O’Neil have the last of their three separate sightings of “Bighead.” We also must assume they had big feet too.

Oroville, California
July 12, 1969. Charles Jackson and his six-year-old son Kevin saw a 7-8 foot tall Bigfoot near an outhouse that appeared to have three-inch long gray hair, and large breasts. Rene Dahinden interviewed Jackson, and noted the witness said the breasts were “huge pendulous” ones. The Jacksons, who had been burning trash on their Cherokee Road land, were frightened and ran inside. Many of us wished they would have taken photographs, instead.

Norfolk, Virginia
July 12, 1947. Future Bigfooter Loren Coleman was born. Soon, his parents returned to their ancestral Eastern Band Cherokee roots and moved back to the Heartland. They allowed Coleman to watch trashy but wonderful Abominable Snowman movies on television, use his paper route money to buy Ivan T. Sanderson’s books, contact researchers around the world through letters, and do field investigations with trustworthy local wildlife biologists and game wardens, starting at a young age.

In a few decades, he found, other than the priority of his sons, his life centered around doing Bigfoot fieldwork and interviewing cryptozoology eyewitnesses throughout North America (48 states and 8 provinces), plus writing articles, books and blogs to share what he discovered. He first was interviewed on television in 1969, and never realized where that would lead either. He reflectively found he had historically detailed and popularized cryptozoology and hominology along the way. For his birthday in 2008, he’s working on saving the International Cryptozoology Museum.

His youngest brother, Jerry, became a successful cryptozoological investigator and author in his own right.

Mount St. Helens, Washington
July 12, 1924. The Portland Oregonian on this date reported on “the fabled ‘mountain devils’ or mountain gorillas of Mount St. Helens,” and mentioned that “Indians have told of the ‘mountain devils’ for 60 years.” The volcano, located in Skamania County, was the site of encounters with miners in July 1924. This time has been remembered in terms of those Bigfoot attacks at Ape Canyon and Spirit Lake.

Yukon, Canada
July 12, 1920. Pierre Berton was born in the Yukon. He went on to become a folklorist, storyteller, newspaperman, and famed television personality in Canada. Berton was responsible for gathering and sharing the Canadian tales of the Mahoni, Weetigo, Brush Men, Sasquatch and Windigo, especially in his 1956 book, Mysterious North.

M-36 Township, Michigan
July 13, 1978. Francis Jones and Michael Hacksworth saw a Bigfoot cross an Ingham County road in the early morning hours.

Saddle Camp, California
July 14, 1969. Bigfoot Bulletin’s George Haas and associate John Dana find 1⁄4-mile of Bigfoot tracks on a trail at West Low Gap in the Yolla Bolla Mountains going to the East Fork of the South Fork of the Trinity River. The tracks are 16 inches long and the stride is 3 feet.

Farmer City, Illinois
July 15, 1970. Police Officer Robert Hayslip of Farmer City went to the location (a campsite/lovers’ lane area) of recent sightings of the “Farmer City Monster,” described as a bipedal thinly legged Bigfoot. Between two and three o ‘clock in the morning, the officer reported he saw and heard something running through the grass. Soon after the sighting, he told Loren Coleman: “Out of the corner of my eye I could see these two extremely bright eyes, just like it was standing there watching me.” It soon disappeared into the bush.

Mammoth, California
July 15, 1970. A Deputy Sheriff found 18 inch Bigfoot tracks at 8500 feet elevation near a lake eight miles north of Mammoth, in the Mammoth Mountains.

Rockville, Maryland
July 16, 2005. Mark Chorvinsky, editor of Strange Magazine, died. Chorvinsky had been an outspoken skeptic of the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film.

Gering, Nebraska
July 16, 1972. Two homemakers and a neighbor saw a 7-ft Bigfoot; the neighbor shot at it; the police found tracks.

Mainville, Pennsylvania
July 18, 1980. Rick Knovich, while in the Scotch Run Valley, saw a long black haired Bigfoot in a railroad bed by a road; it walked towards him and Knovich grabbed his gun, forgetting about his camera; the creature went into the bush as Knovich got out of his car. Again, another missed photographic opportunity haunts the history of Bigfoot.

Salina, Kansas
July 18, 1977 A woman reported a gorilla-like creature left 3-toed prints in her back yard.

Harrison Lake, British Columbia
July 18, 1974 Near the head of Harrison Lake, Wayne Jones was sitting by his campfire at night, when he watched a 7 to 8-ft Bigfoot for five minutes before other people disturbed it; the Bigfoot was licking mud off its fingers.

Huntington, New York
July 18, 1931. On Long Island, a nurseryman’s family (the Stockmans) saw a gorilla-like animal running through shrubbery. It was never captured, but was one of the earliest unknown hairy hominoid accounts to be found in the books of Charles Fort.

Return to “National Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting