Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Re: Mountain Monsters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:28 pm 
Forum Researcher
Forum Researcher

Inspired by the different sources I've been investigating I am ready to write
a Bigfoot book . The main characters can be a very rural Arkansas preacher
and the church music soloist (modeled after my ma) . There will be Bigfoot/
Human dialogue .

Would you like something said at the Bigfoot council ? Or if you insist that a
researcher be present just say so , and also and variously how this character
might be portrayed .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Tikoo, writing a book can be very theraputic. I would recommend your first research the internet and discover what type of writing style you want to use. Then, (and this is the difficult part) list the characters on your work sheet, dramatic, or exciting scenes that you want to include and the locale of your novel. Every book must have a begining, middle and end and you have to establish where you will be in the story at each part. The writing of the individual back-stories for each character may take awhile, along with the research on the location setting in your book. Remember, your target audience may be bigfoot researchers and they will spot any inaccuracies quickly. The phyiscal writing of the book will flow once all your leg work is done. Afterwards, when the manuscript is ready to shop around, you may want to copyright it, before you search for a publisher. Just so you know, the publisher part can be the most frustrating part of your whole endeavor. Enjoy your adventure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 am 
Forum Researcher
Forum Researcher

Thanks for your reply . Oh , yes , as to the beginning of the story . In
the beginning the preacher gets two knocks on the head , and his wife
will suffice to provide a primal howl . We have to get them out of Little
Rock , onto a missionary journey among some primitives , and settled
eccentricly in the little church in the wildwood .

I make books , physically , as an artist . Illustrating them is also fun .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:58 am 

Tikoo! have a great adventure, I wrote a book on my web unit, Every night was a different adventure. Titled it ( The Light Side of the Moon.) That is where every nights story was told. According to the home page contract All Copy Right was mine. Company Closed, transferred all my internet work, except the book. They claimed the rights. Be careful what you do and how you do it. Will you speak this book in native? will we need it translated? The weather is warming so I am planning on some late nights of listening to see who is speaking in the woods.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:34 pm 
Forum Researcher
Forum Researcher

Nightwind wrote:
...some late nights of listening to see who is speaking in the woods.

Translating nature tends toward being poetic language . Yes , I may speak a book .

To keep a book safe , I archive several original artist-edition books with libraries . These are
preserved in a special collection , not for circulation .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:17 pm 

You know, you can voice write the book. Its quicker and easier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:24 am 
Forum Researcher
Forum Researcher

I think I'll interpret that suggestion - it brings to mind a short-form book , such as 40 pages . This
would take about an hour to read aloud to an audience . Or a story-teller could mesmerize and wow ,
jamming on its theme at a camp-out .

Isn't this better than a tv show ? Coherently .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:48 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Finding Bigfoot had interesting moments at least like when Matt Moneymaker ran after what he thought was a bigfoot and got jumpon for it, like some of the thermal images, when that skeptic woman got freaked, like the couple who had one try and open the door to their house and left a smudge mark, the use of drones, eyeshine and vocalization moments, and the community meetings and witnesses.

Mountain Monsters is pure entertainment and a joke, they arelight/camera rigs too wild, too loud, too out of shape and old to run all over like that except the old marine, he has WAY too much energy LMAO....but yeah it's pure entertainment. plus with the side by side, all the lights and howling, building traps on site, every creature in the country would know they are there Looong before they ever go close....

Better shows were Monsterquest, Destination truth, Terror in the woods, and some of the National Geographic 'channel' shows .

My biggest complaint with Finding Bigfoot is they take a entire production cast out on site and they always wear those light and camera rigs that would get tanglefaak3d on everything in the woods, plus they howl WAY too much for it to be natural for Bigfoot. and The Bigfoot would almost ALWAYS know it wasn't another Bigfoot making the knocks and calls.

THEN you have all their scent and body odor floating all over, plus they talk too dam much and make a ton of noise... and Matt Moneymaker acts
like a know-it-all smug jerk.... and that woman acts like too much a skeptic.....show just rubs me the wrong way.

I watch it for my love of Bigfoot, but it's almost too annoying. Kinda like Josh Gates on Destination Truth...but he does get real serious about his searching underneath all the joking around.