Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Re: Mountain Monsters
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 4
IMHO they are just a side show they have a bad show along with the one who sees Squatch every where, When it came out I was hoping for and why I did but was hoping for a serious research program. But No its like going to a family reunion waste of time IMHO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:59 pm 

You know, theres a commentary that could be made here; The decline of ethical and best practices in television. It is getting to the point where if you want to view a television show, or documentary, you pretty much have to rely on PBS. It shouldn't be that way. A Reality Show, Should Be based on Reality, or real product. Just imagine, if gasoline distributors delivered 'Almost Real' fuel to gas stations ?
I wish there was something could be done to correct people from delivering products on television without regard to the truth, or accuracy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 pm 

christy wrote:
Just imagine, if gasoline distributors delivered 'Almost Real' fuel to gas stations ?

they do it's called ethanol. sorry christy I just could not help myself. now about mountain monsters. I think it's one of the best comedies on. Unfortunately it is harmful. my boss is an outdoors woman and knows that I hunt as well and am a bigfoot researcher asked me what kind of traps I use and could she come with me to run through the woods hollering and yell and drive it onto the trap. I just looked at her in disbelief. this women has been an hunter all her life and knows I have been as well. I asked if she was joking. she replied with "that's how the mountain guys do it and they get better results than the finding bigfoot people.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:57 pm 

Medals: 4
Finding BF is a money grab, Mnt Men is as big of a joke. Both hurt us when we ret and get people to talk to us knowing they know or have seen something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:34 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
frogman wrote:
christy wrote:
Just imagine, if gasoline distributors delivered 'Almost Real' fuel to gas stations ?

they do it's called ethanol. sorry christy I just could not help myself. now about mountain monsters. I think it's one of the best comedies on. Unfortunately it is harmful. my boss is an outdoors woman and knows that I hunt as well and am a bigfoot researcher asked me what kind of traps I use and could she come with me to run through the woods hollering and yell and drive it onto the trap. I just looked at her in disbelief. this women has been an hunter all her life and knows I have been as well. I asked if she was joking. she replied with "that's how the mountain guys do it and they get better results than the finding bigfoot people.

Exactly what I have run into. And the way some bigfoot conferences ask these jokers to come and speak makes it even worse. People watch tv and think this crap is real. It makes me wonder about folks... a lot!

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:54 pm 

You know, I would rather pay my hard earned money listening to the people here, than alot of what I've seen on TV, just because they are celebraties. The Depth of knowledge of most forum members here far exceeds anything I've seen on television. My only hope is, maybe, one day soon, others will see this too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:46 pm 

it might be interesting to see if a network would pick up a show about bigfoot research that is fact based. unfortunately I think that the general public would watch for long. One of the better shows was monsterquest. it ran from 2007-2010. History channel canceled it in the middle of the season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:31 am 

christy wrote:
You know, I would rather pay my hard earned money listening to the people here, than alot of what I've seen on TV, just because they are celebraties. The Depth of knowledge of most forum members here far exceeds anything I've seen on television. My only hope is, maybe, one day soon, others will see this too.

You should save some pennies up and join us at the Oklahoma Bigfoot Symposium then. We put it on the first weekend in October. And yes the information there is awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:37 am 

frogman wrote:
it might be interesting to see if a network would pick up a show about bigfoot research that is fact based. unfortunately I think that the general public would watch for long. One of the better shows was monsterquest. it ran from 2007-2010. History channel canceled it in the middle of the season.

When people are so used to being entertained with the high drama BS that TV has given us over the years, I doubt you would have much of a following. Yes that monsterquest was a great show and did show some good stuff. But for a lot they said it was boring. I guess most folks are interested in fantasy land rather than discovery land. It sure is sad in my opinion. There are tons of amazing things out there for folks to see, but they would rather sit in front of a TV and never see the world.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:57 pm 

I have to chime in here; The comment that people have been fed bad TV for so long, is sadfully true.
BUT, someone, had to pitch the idea to the cable companies for the 'Bad Stuff' and They won, right ?
It can't be all that difficult to pitch to those same producers that you have a ' New and Sparkleing Idea' for a show thats real. Oh, the concept. Real research, Real researchers, Real results. I cannot see this as a failed concept, no matter what type of focus group they pick to rate the show. Who wouldn't love to see the real-stuff. I believe behind every bad thing, there is good. The trick is to find it. I can imagine something special, if the people here had a part in creating it. All they could say is No. But, what if, they said yes. It might be fun to pick an MABRC fantasy Dream Team, who could pull this off. I already have several names in mind from the forums that would be Super-Stars.