Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Re: Project Silent Hills
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:36 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
YankeeSearch wrote:
I had another thought too... it can help to ELIMINATE certain sounds. The few times I have heard wood knocks, I have wondered if they are sounds like doors slammed or something like that. But knowing HOW FAR the sound travels, and knowing where the houses are, it eliminates home sounds if you know how far away the homes are.
AND, it really makes me wonder then what I was hearing, because the stuff I was hearing had to be on the patch of property I had my gear on. :D
:tweed:

Very good point. But yes it also would effect "normal" sounds of houses, farms, etc. So I do think it is safe to use it to eliminate sounds too.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:47 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

This is fantastic information. I really think this should be shared ASAP so 1 - you all get the credit you deserve and 2 - other groups can try to duplicate the tests. I was on a BFRO expedition earlier this year and recorded what could have been a knock. I discounted it somewhat because it came from the direction of other groups that we were not in communication with at the time. They were about 1900 yards away. Based on your data, the knock would have to have been 100 to 300 yards away and probably closer as I was on a river bank. This puts the knock in the middle of a very remote location where humans are extremely unlikely to be hanging out at 1:45 am. Here is my recording (note that the knocks were amplified slightly to hear them better) https://soundcloud.com/redbone2/knocks- ... creech-148

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:44 am 

DMWinIowa wrote:
This is fantastic information. I really think this should be shared ASAP so 1 - you all get the credit you deserve and 2 - other groups can try to duplicate the tests. I was on a BFRO expedition earlier this year and recorded what could have been a knock. I discounted it somewhat because it came from the direction of other groups that we were not in communication with at the time. They were about 1900 yards away. Based on your data, the knock would have to have been 100 to 300 yards away and probably closer as I was on a river bank. This puts the knock in the middle of a very remote location where humans are extremely unlikely to be hanging out at 1:45 am. Here is my recording (note that the knocks were amplified slightly to hear them better) https://soundcloud.com/redbone2/knocks- ... creech-148

With the ambient noise of the river added to the background sounds I seriously think that you should change you estimate from yards to feet. You really need to experience this test to believe it. But yeah they were close.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 am 

I listened to some audio recorded by Jim Sherman of the BFRO. He was discussing some of the vocals and knocks. He was talking about them being long distant type of vocals. I sent him the link to this project. This was they reply I got back from him. I am hoping that with us sharing the project it can benefit the community as a whole. And yes I told him that this was available to the public.

LordCryptid

Yesterday 9:44 AM

+Randy Savig That is one of the best research summaries I have come across. The fact that I hear more light raps than homerun style strikes has pointed me in this direction also. The mix of technological and human-ear data is useful for a field researcher. This is great. Is it now available to the general public? Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:42 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

It's been about a month so I wanted to ask if it's ok to share? I'd like to point out your work and discuss with other bigfooters, or ask that one of you start a thread at that 'other' forum! I have mentioned it to some of my BFRO friends who are also very interested. Thanks!

I'd like to also suggest for future experiments... a YouTube video

edit to note: I have everything ready to post. Just say go and I think this project will become very popular with a larger portion of the BF community

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:20 pm 

DMWinIowa wrote:
It's been about a month so I wanted to ask if it's ok to share? I'd like to point out your work and discuss with other bigfooters, or ask that one of you start a thread at that 'other' forum! I have mentioned it to some of my BFRO friends who are also very interested. Thanks!

I'd like to also suggest for future experiments... a YouTube video

edit to note: I have everything ready to post. Just say go and I think this project will become very popular with a larger portion of the BF community

It is discussed here in the public area so yes just share the link. I too think it is important to get out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 pm 

Rebelistic wrote:
I listened to some audio recorded by Jim Sherman of the BFRO. He was discussing some of the vocals and knocks. He was talking about them being long distant type of vocals. I sent him the link to this project. This was they reply I got back from him. I am hoping that with us sharing the project it can benefit the community as a whole. And yes I told him that this was available to the public.

LordCryptid

Yesterday 9:44 AM

+Randy Savig That is one of the best research summaries I have come across. The fact that I hear more light raps than homerun style strikes has pointed me in this direction also. The mix of technological and human-ear data is useful for a field researcher. This is great. Is it now available to the general public? Thank you for sharing.

Here is the link that I posted it to with the YouTube link. All of what was said is in the comments area.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:21 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Phase 3 - Utilizing parabolics and recorders to see how the sound is affected at the distances.
Below is the readings taken with the decibel reader. We are still evaluating the audio recorded by the parabolics and will post that soon.

Project Silent Hills

Date and time: May 28, 2016

Temp: 79 degrees F

Humidity: 63%

Participants:

Darkwing

Cherokee Rose

Rebelistic

Squatchfinder

CompresserMike

Sawdustt

Splatter