Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Coywolf
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:10 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
http://www.coywolf.org/coywolf-basic-info/

Something more to think about when in the woods. There is some research that says that this hybrid is also mixing with dogs to create even more aggression because they are not as afraid of people. Some other the vocalizations we collect in the woods that is off for coyotes may be these critters.

Also with them moving more and more into metro/urban areas, some domestic pets are mysteriously disappearing. Food? Most likely.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

Post subject: Re: Coywolf
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:42 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

There is a pack of coy south of Huntsville Ar. All Identical, nearly as big as a great dane dog. All grey brindle, blocked head, and intense green eyes. We counted over 25 in one pack. If we were outside always had 2 persons one with a long gun. This was down 23 south to (if I remember right)the road we lived on was 127 off to the left, North of Whitter, They might have called the place Arora where we made that left. old house and 47 acre's, with 4 or 5 ponds. Just FYI. Nightwind

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 am 

Good reading, Thanks Rebelistic. This is one of my favorite subjects. Unbelievable how these never before heard of critters just keep cropping up. I believe that I had my first encounter with a coydog awhile back down on my brother in laws place. Around Summers Ar. When I first saw it, it was about 400 yards off stalking a new born calf. I then give chase in my sxs for about another 800 yards until it went under a fence. By the time I got the sxs stopped and pistol pulled, it had covered another hundred yards and disappeared down into a draw not to be seen again. Wish I would have had a long gun handy that day. If I had not seen the coydog it surely would have had the new born calf, although the calfs momma was on high alert and wasn't having any of it. At first I thought it was a big yellow dog, like a large yellow lab. But when it noticed me it stopped and turned to look my way. I new then it was no yellow lab. It had a coyotes head and tail, just larger. When it first took off, It was about 400 yards from me, so it was at that time in no big hurry until I took after it and started to close the gap. It's movements and mannerisms were all coyote. Where I had my problem was it was just so big and the color was off for a coyote, and then I had the little problem of my brain trying to figure out what I was looking at, just as you have heard in a million first time bigfoot encounters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Those big fellas have been slowly moving south from the Great Lakes to Louisiana over the past ten years. It is only a matter of time before they spread East and West. I have not seen any reports other than in the Grand Mississippi Valley but they will soon be as ubiquitous as coyotes. Can any one say "Direwolf" ? You are going to need a bigger gun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:13 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Is this real? Because no kidding... my parishioners have been saying that there is such a creature roaming their property, been seen twice. To be candid, I thought they were sending their priest on a snipe hunt with my cameras and recorders... I have not minded because it is an area where there could be some BF/Sq/Yeti/DM activity...
So this Direwolf or coywolf exists?

I should add that I looked it up, and the shape of the sketch (and that was all it was... a sketch) was similar to the description given to me... that of a hyena.
Again, I thought people were messing with the two brain cells I have left... but seeing this article...

Is there evidence or other reports out there?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 pm 

YankeeSearch, you can go to YouTube and find some pretty good documentaries on these critters. They run in packs a lot I think. But the one I saw was alone. My feelings are, shoot on sight just like coyotes. I may sound mean but, coming from ranch land I can tell you they can be very dangerous and costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

RebelSon wrote:
YankeeSearch, you can go to YouTube and find some pretty good documentaries on these critters. They run in packs a lot I think. But the one I saw was alone. My feelings are, shoot on sight just like coyotes. I may sound mean but, coming from ranch land I can tell you they can be very dangerous and costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:11 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

Well the "Direwolf" is fantasy, from "Game of Thrones". The Coywolf is the real deal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:12 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

joppa wrote:
Well the "Direwolf" is fantasy, from "Game of Thrones". The Coywolf is the real deal.

Well, there is something out there shaped like a hyena...

I am planning on putting out more cameras. The beauty of it is that there has been SOME Sq activity.

As to Direwolf, I only saw a sketch... if it is not real, that might explain why it was ONLY a sketch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am 

Medals: 5
The Dire Wolf is thought to be extinct.... But yes there are reports of them kind of critters from time to time. The Mena AR area is another one where they are seen. Those critters would scare me! The reports of the Ozark Howler are also described that way.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb: