Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Questions from junior/new investigators
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:56 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

YankeeSearch wrote:
The thread is for people like me who are new and have questions that arise in the course of trying to solve the puzzles. DW recommended I go ahead and set it up.

From the reports I have read, this beast stinks bad AND deer have an extraordinary sense of smell, and by some of the reports I have read, the Sasquatch is pretty adept at hunting them? How are they able to make deer kill when my understanding is that hunter has to descent themselves to make a kill... or does this go with in anomolies concerning the beast?

Darkwing answers:
The thing is, I have only smelled one that had an odor, and it's believed to be because his diet consists mainly of fish, the others, I've never smelled them.

Hope this kind of thread is helpful...

Bears have a hell of a smell and often frequent dumpsters and junkyards, get in peoples trash , yet deer get killed by them, Bigfoot is no more a attack on the deers nose than a bear.

Post subject: Re: Questions from junior/new investigators
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

jdickey wrote:
YankeeSearch wrote:
Okay... scratch that idea for covering my base camp.
I also have night vision gear... which means I cannot use any active features on this, but will have to use passive gear...
And some new thinking outside of the box on how to cover it...

Thank you all, as always...

You could consider NV cameras or thermal cameras ....if you've got the money to do it! I'm not sure if they are passive enough to still function properly. One of the problems with surveilance equipment is it being detected. And, can you keep it out in the field without it being disturbed by critters....including humans!

It's amazing how Biggie can detect even a small audio recorder placed in a tree. We've heard recordings whereby Biggie comes up in the middle of the night, when it's pitch black, and sniffs the recorder!

This creature is simply fascinating!

Well I'd say they know where we humans have recently been in their woods, their home, recorders and game cams still have our scent all over them, even the oils from our hands. plus devices are made by different components and chemical byproducts that the forest creatures can smell .....probably akin to a rubbery type smell and the wind would send these odors wafting through the woods.

I'd imagine our scent would last for hours if not days. Mankind is awkward and clumsy and loud in the woods and anything living in the forest would be pretty well aware we ARE there present-time, or just 'were', I'd also think that if your being observed in a certain area that as soon as you left and they thought it was "safe-enough" they would go directly to that spot as soon as they possibly could to see what WE were doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7