Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Re: Respect
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm 
Forum Researcher
Forum Researcher

Thank you so much Sensortech. I hadn't heard of GCBRO. I am heading over there right now! I was listening to part of your talk at the Cross Timbers Conference yesterday. Interesting, I hope to listen to the rest today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:14 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

palmettogal: Welcome, I'm new too, not new like young, just new to this. I have found that all whom I have had any contact with are always kind and pro's at what they do. Always clean conversation. When it comes to the elder researchers, I look to them as the SAGE of the group. Sage is a guard against spoilage of matter. They use there wisdom from the mistakes they mae have made, to instruct and protect the group as a whole. I'm looking forward to learning from them, and all the other fine folks here. Enjoy

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:08 am 
Forum Administrator, MABRC Associate Executive Director
Forum Administrator, MABRC Associate Executive Director

Medals: 22
Talking as a semi old head (others here have much more time in than I do), I have made many, many mistakes and have learned from them. I don't doubt that other old heads will admit the same. We are glad to share our wisdom (read learned from our mistakes) with others. Remember, we made mistakes so you don't have to. (At least you don't have to make all of them.)

Sensor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 pm 

Medals: 1
Yeah, I find it interesting that you have these people in the Forest People movement and these others talking about respect, and yet they are the first ones to go after you if you dare question them on their so-called experiences. What (or who) are we supposed to have respect for, the 'Squatches or the people who believe in the mindspeak and believe they are visited in their bedrooms by a Sasquatch? I have respect for the 'Squatches, it's nutjobs I have a problem with. Besides, respect is earned. You do not immediately come into the Sasquatch field and then put out nutty ideas and then say we must respect you. And from what I heard about some of these FP people having experiences that were helped along by stimulants (legal and otherwise) it's no wonder they have those experiences!!! And the fact that they would make threats against Darkwing and his family if they had a body (Re: Daisy) is just insane, too. The MABRC never had a body, only Ed Smith claimed that, and it did turn out to be BS. John Green said referring to mixing Bigfoot with other phenomenon that he did not find anything particularly attractive about trying to solve a mystery by bringing in another mystery, and he is exactly right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 am 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Missouri State Director

Medals: 5
And the sad fact is that those nut job out there make it even harder for folks to share what they are seeing and finding. I have no doubt that if all the true researcher could get rid of their egos and the nut jobs would shut up that we as a bigfoot community would have enough evidence to prove the existence to 90% of the population. The problem as I see it is there are too many self proclaimed experts out there that don't know what they are talking about and a lot have never stepped away from their computers to even see what is in the woods. And that includes some of the scientists that are spewing their knowledge of what they were taught. The real answer is out in the woods. Not online, in a book, or in some person blog.

Evidence Review Board Member

:erb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 pm 
MABRC Organizational Applicant
MABRC Organizational Applicant

Rebelistic wrote:
And the sad fact is that those nut job out there make it even harder for folks to share what they are seeing and finding. I have no doubt that if all the true researcher could get rid of their egos and the nut jobs would shut up that we as a bigfoot community would have enough evidence to prove the existence to 90% of the population. The problem as I see it is there are too many self proclaimed experts out there that don't know what they are talking about and a lot have never stepped away from their computers to even see what is in the woods. And that includes some of the scientists that are spewing their knowledge of what they were taught. The real answer is out in the woods. Not online, in a book, or in some person blog.

I read a lot of encounter reports. Given my location (Guam) that is about all I can do. I have more respect for the dopers and Dr. Dolittle talking to the animals types than I have for the people that consciously perpetrate hoaxes. That said one of the biggest errors you can make is to give someone a pass because of good intentions. Good intentions with wrong facts are worthless. Sometimes good intentions with the wrong facts are really dangerous and the dopers and Dr. Dolittle types need to be confronted because what they believe and the way they approach looking for evidence of a Sasquatch is at best counter productive but more probably dangerous.

Sasquatch is NOT a paranormal animal. They are simply animals. That statement holds even if you think they are some type of "relic human" They should be approached with caution as well as respect just as a bull, horse or hog should be approached with respect and caution. While the vast majority of human Sasquatch encounters end without harm to either party there are enough reports of aggressive behavior by Sasquatch that given their size if they wanted to hurt someone they certainly could. They might not be able to differentiate between a high, new-age hippy wanting a hug from an aggressive human wanting to fight.

That Sasquatch are just animals does not mean that they do not have a place in native American mythology or that we should not find them inspiring creatures. It does not mean we should be inordinately afraid of them.

It does not even mean that they don't have certain special physical abilities
possibly Infra-sound
possibly infra red vision
Generally good night vision
An extremely detailed mental map of an area
Near photographic memory
More strength, agility and speed than we have.

They also have limitations
They do not seem to be able to turn their head well either from side to side or up and down
They do not appear to be able to learn new skills or create new tools
They do not appear to be able to think abstractly
They do not appear to be able to approach solving a problem in a new way
They appear to have only at best a rudimentary form of verbal communication

None of these things, the positives or the negatives make them either paranormal or superhuman. Neither do their abilities and limitations make them demons or devils. It means they are just animals who are different than us in some ways and like us in others. They have their place in the natural order of things. We need to treat them with the respect, but also the caution required when dealing with any large, powerful animal wild or domestic.

All of the stuff about "mind speak" and being able to dematerialize or teleport or being escaped or abandoned miners brought to Earth by space aliens to mine Kyptonite is simply idiocy. When confronted with such things I respectfully try to correct the individual involved, if possible rather than denigrate them. The problem is they often refuse to reciprocate and immediately begin to denigrate me. They are not generally interested anything that contradicts their presumptions. One of the real problems I see with people like this is that they do, or claim to anyway, go into the woods to commune with the spirits of the animals and trees. It is a wonder they ever come back alive.

I think part of this stems from the facial features of the Sasquatch. People see the face and believe that they must think like us but that is another rant for another time on another thread. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:23 pm 

Well the problem is most people either flunked ,or slept through biology,or zoolology in college.It is a well known fact that the US has a whole lot of underacheivers when it comes to science ,and mathmatics. There are too many lay people making unscientific statements about these animals.i am not saying uneducated people cant make contributions to the cause. i just think the interpetation of there data needs to be left to scientists, or people versed in scietific method. Or maybe at the least keep there findings ,and theories a little more conservative. You cant test any paranormal theories about these creatures ,you cant offer any evidence they are assiated with ufo's. these things just really irritate me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:45 pm 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

I had not read this before now. But I have to agree...

And the Old Hands here at the MABRC have been nothing short of transparent and more than willing to give of their knowledge, and even locations to do some research.
Hats off to the Old Hands!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

This is well said and I agree with 99% of what you are saying. I could care less about making a name for myself and I would imagine that there are plenty of researchers that only do this for their own personel satisfaction. Unfortunately, with the subject matter involved there will always be a bunch of nuts involved until one is brought in. Then and only then will they move on to other ventures. I research because of my experiences that happened to me and because Im blown away that after all the time ive spent in the woods I walked around oblivious to what was watching me. I never gave it any thought. And then one day I knew that there was something out there on land that I had been taking refuge on since I was 8 years old. Anyway, i realize that Monsters cant mindspeak or telepathically talk however by saying they cant arent you contradicting what you already said? If you say dont claim definate creatures in a pic or claim this is BF screaming then its hard to say BF for sure wont grab my hand read my palm and sing folk songs by the fire? My point is ignore the nuts they arent going away.Only continue to add your credibility like so many other of the old guard. Understand that there are a few newbies out there that are sane and know their place as far as earning their stripes. Yes, Chris Noel and others like him are arrogant and ridiculous. I hope that he gets what he wants...and impossible visit up close and personel. A monster to come and give him a big hug and share some green tea and tofu. As many of us new guys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 am 
Forum Sr. Researcher
Forum Sr. Researcher

And as far as new guys and gals, I am sure that there are plenty like myself, are out there doing the right thing. Researching with integrity, learning from experience and trying to weed thru the BS and figure out who we should be learning from.