Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Quantra may have captured a Bigfoot specimen.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:45 am 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

Due to heavy volume of traffic and the fact that trolls continue to nitpick only what they want from the information being given, we have instead put the information here that is being covered by the Squatch Unlimited Blog, as their information is being given to them by Ed Smith and the MABRC to keep traffic down on the forum. If you want more information, it will be posted here and on the Squatch Unlimited Blog. This thread will remain locked and only Admins will be able to post the information being released here. Forum Members can still access the original thread and comment on it in the Bigfoot Den's Lounge.

QUantra Bigfoot Capture Story, Separating Fact from Fiction

Posted by Rob Gaudet on December 28, 2012 at 2:30pmView Blog
As everyone is well aware, there is lots of recent buzz about the potential capture of a Sasquatch. For the last 5 years, since 2007, one of the founders of Squatch Unlimited, Rob Gaudet, has been a member of the group where this news was shared, The Mid America Bigfoot Research Center (MABRC). Rob is also state director for MABRC.

Rob and the Squatch Unlimited team has interacted with MABRC through their well used forums and by attending many research investigations with Darren, the MABRC Founder, and many other members. We are also familiar with the organization that is claiming to have captured the bigfoot, QUantra, formerly ORIG-6, and with Ed Smith, the person who has posted about it in the MABRC forums. Thus, Squatch Unlimited is uniquely positioned to separate the facts from the fiction. We will be posting updates on this as we receive them.

Has a Bigfoot Been Captured?

What we know for now is that Ed Smith, through a group called QUantra, is claiming they have captured a bigfoot. MABRC is not involved in this event, Ed Smith published this news through the MABRC forums. This and all news about this incident IS originating from Ed Smith, a former member of the QUantra group. Ed says that although he is no longer a member of the group ORIG-6 or QUantra, he received a "Flash" message with the words "As of 0906 27 DEC 2012, "Daisy" is in the box.". Daisy was a term that QUantra had previously agreed to use if they actually had captured a specimen.

Ed says that he has since received further information from a member insider indicating that the creature was being moved and will be reviewed by individuals in the Bigfoot and scientific community with the proper credentials. They will decide on what to do with it once it has been examined. We can also say that it may have been captured inside of a large box type trap when it stepped on a trigger device located inside of the trap.

What do we know?

So far, Ed Smith has made a total of 2 posts.

Yesterday morning, Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:51 pm without notice, Ed Smith posted the following post on the MABRC forums.

******************Ed Smith**********************

Understand that I am no longer a member of the Orig-6 in its new form. All of my access to the databases and communication nexus were removed. I thought.

Today, I received a text from the "Flash List" routing server. The text is as follows:

December 27, 2012 10:09 AM

As of 0906 27 DEC 2012, "Daisy" is in the box.

I believe this message is factually correct because when we referred BF while under observation we used the term "target".the designation was to change to "daisy" once captured.

This was never published or posted.

"CINC" is capture control and "6" is the chief or lead. No one else would have known this.

Plus the routing and IP information matches.
I believe that Quantra has a live specimen.

If this is correct then I congratulate them on a job well done.

Eds second post....

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 am he made this post.

It appears that an unprecedented event is in motion, having been on the inside of this operation and now observing from the outside is a defiant change.

So here is what I know: "Daisy" has been moved to a examination area about 12 miles from the capture site at 3:17 this morning after being properly sedated. The capture site and examination area are on private property leased and or owned in order to conduct research and operations of this type. This was confirmed by a source in the Quantra Group.

Here is what I don't know: The weight height hair color gender or location of capture. Or the health of the specimen.
Nor the actions leading up to the capture of the specimen.

Here is what I'm speculating: the examination team is continuing to assemble, examination should take 72 hours.

If they go by the plan then a decision about release or storage in a repository will be made with in 48 hours after the examination is completed.

If release is chosen then a press release should be forth coming after the examination is competed, if the specimen is sent to the repository then a press and information release would happen with in 30 to 90 days thats by the operations plan.

Reasons for moving the specimen to a repository include health issues, prolonged examination and on the darker side private investment group interests.

For clarity, the Original six was never part of the MABRC and the Original six ceased operations completely. Quantra was formed with elements of the O-6, new members, ownership and management. I'm posting this due to inaccurate reporting by some Internet news shows.

I would like to thank DW for posting information as I have been able to obtain it. I was out of town and unable to post my self.

There is an old Army saying "once the first round is fired all plans go out the window" I commend the Quantra Group for maintaining operational focus, I guess my advise on hiring ex-military operators was heeded.

In my opinion, there should be a press release within 48 hours if we get it I would be surprised, it seems they are playing this to the ink as it were.

I will be in touch.

Who is Ed Smith?

Ed Smith was a former member of the ORIG-6 group, which is now known as QUantra. Ed has been a long time poster to the MABRC forums.

To be clear, Ed Smith is not a MABRC organizational member. Ed is however a regular poster on the MABRC forums, which are open to the general public, thus MABRC is only a conduit for this information from Ed. Ed's posts were always relevant to the research of the ORIG-6 group's findings. It is believed that Ed lives in Oklahoma, I am unable to confirm that with the forums down.

How is MABRC Involved?

As stated before, Ed Smith has been a long time contributor of the MABRC forums, he is not a MABRC Organizational member. Having been involved in the MABRC forums for several years, Ed has built up trust with the MABRC founders and has posted various interesting findings over the last half decade that he's been on the forums. MABRC is only posting what it knows directly from Ed and is urging patience.

Bigfoot Chicks interview with Darren Lee, the founder of MABRC.

BFC/SU: Who is Ed Smith?

D. Lee: He is a Bigfoot field researcher and a member of our MABRC Forums.

BFC/SU: What is "Original 6"?

D. Lee: the Original 6 was a group that formed about 12 years ago, of which, Ed Smith was a part. They had a 10 year mission to collect as much evidence as possible to prove the existence of Bigfoot. After the 10 years, Mr. Smith became burnt out and decided to leave the group. The group then renamed itself "Quantra".

BFC/SU: How is "Quantra" funded?

D. Lee: Quantra is funded by it's members. It is a group made up of doctors, lawyers, engineers, tech heads, etc. They are men of substantial means and able to fund a serious operation out of pocket.

BFC/SU: What kind of equipment does Quantra use?

D. Lee: Every kind of high tech camera and gadget available. It's all top of the line equipment and they have everything from ground sensors and wireless access points set up in trailers to IR cameras like what the border patrol uses, that have the ability to see 3 to 6 miles out.

BFC/SU: Is Quantra a ProKill organization?

D. Lee: While they have never made an official statement, all the evidence point to "NO".

BFC/SU: Are they working with any sort of law enforcement or government agency on this?

D. Lee: No

BFC/SU: How was the creature captured?

D. Lee: A special trap, a box, with a pressure plate in the center. The plate was set to go off at 350 pounds. It closed up around the creature when it stepped on the plate.

BFC/SU: What happens now? Who will study the creature?

D. Lee: Quantra has privately contracted scientist to come and study the creature.

BFC/SU: Is Dr. Ketchum one of the scientists?

D. Lee: Highly doubtful as Quantra is not a fan of Dr. Ketchum.

BFC/SU: Where was the creature captured?

D. Lee: That information has not been released.

BFC/SU: Where is Quantra's main base of operation?

D. Lee: They have these elaborate set ups in several places throughout the country.

BFC/SU: Where can we learn more about this exciting event?

D. Lee: All this information is being published on the MABRC forums.

[edit] We want to clarify the above post regarding the method of capture.

Darren knew the method they were using because it has been discussed for years on the MABRC forums by Ed Smith. Much of those posts are still on the MABRC forums for anyone who wants to see for themselves. Darren's point was NOT to imply that they had used this to capture a bigfoot, but only that this was the method Ed had indicated they were employing in previous discussions within the MABRC forums.

Second interview with Darren conducted by Bill Brock.

Bill Brock –Would it be okay if I asked you a few things. Thanks you Bill

DW Lee- U can ask Bill, just don't know if I can answer

Bill Brock– Do you really feel they trapped Bigfoot?

DW Lee – At this time, I am still in the air on it, I am working to find out
more information, I'm supposed to get more info this morning and may be
given permission to post it.

Bill Brock– Awesome. Sounds like your in the same boat as all of us..
What is your role with the group?

DW Lee – I have no part of the Quantra group, I am the Executive
Director of the MABRC, two distinct groups, in the past the Orig-6, the
group that evolved into the Quantra group used the forums to disseminate
their information, that was all the role we had, was to be a conduit of
information for them.

Bill Brock –Got ya. Is it ok if I post that. It will answer a lot of question
for people..

DW Lee– Most of the information is on the MABRC forums if people
will just take the time to go read it. U can post it.

Bill Brock –How can I contact the O-6

DW Lee – at this time, their is no contact information for the O-6, they
have ceased to exist and have evolved into the QUantra group.

Why are the MABRC forums not loading?

Darren of The Mid America Bigfoot Research Center has consistently operated the MABRC forums for the last 5 years. The forums are operated from a small server that Darren manages. The simple answer is the server was not capable of handling the amount of traffic that this news generated. The server was brought to its knees by sheer visitors. I confirmed this myself by speaking to Darren and he is working on a solution.

What is QUantra and ORIG-6?

QUantra is a group that consists of professional individuals with the means to carry out in-depth and technology laden research. ORIG-6 is the previous name of the group named QUantra. Ed Smith was a member of the ORIG-6 but is not a member of QUantra. More information about ORIG-6 is available on the MABRC forums, once they are back online.

Stay tuned to Squatch Unlimited for the latest updates directly from MABRC.

Post subject: Re: Quantra may have captured a Bigfoot specimen.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:37 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

Important: Tim Fasano's Claim that "Daisy" Released Not True

Posted by Rob Gaudet on December 28, 2012 at 4:30pmView Blog
Tim Fasano has posted a video on YouTube claiming that the "daisy" creature reportedly captured yesterday by the group QUantra has been released.

Tim has no information about this situation, this video is Tim's attempt to have some fun at the expense of all who consider themselves researchers. This video has created a huge amount of overhead for those involved and has only served to confuse a very important topic to most of us. Tim has done the Sasquatch community a huge disservice by creating and posting this.

Please spread the word that we don't even know for sure that there has been a capture, much less a release. And I can assure readers that Tim Fasano is not and never will be involved, thankfully.

As members of MABRC where this is being reported. You can read everything that is known about this incident right her....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

MABRC's Role in QUantra/ORIG-6 Claims

Posted by Rob Gaudet on December 28, 2012 at 5:00pmView Blog
This is a recent post from Ed Smith on the MABRC forums.

Per Ed, Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm not a member of any group, nor do I represent any group.

The orig-6 no longer exists. Those who are referencing this as an Origional Six capture are incorrect.

The Quantra Group, is its own entity. I have ask them on multiple occasions to make inroads here they have resisted. No explanation given.

I received a text as I have stated previously. I posted the information because I felt the need to make the community/forum members aware of an important event, let's remember it was sent in error to me. It's Quantra's responsibility to secure there communications not mine.

I want to make this very clear. The MABRC ownership, management, organizational members, forum members and affiliates are NOT responsible for my posts or the data that has been presented here over the years. I AM.

If you have a problem with my posts, data, operational protocols fine speak your mind if I don't respond then think as you wish. Don't look at my information pass it by, but leave it here. Taking it to other Blogs or Forums to bash or trash it, well chances are you didn't have much of an argument.

Now, I don't know what Quantra future moves are I can speculate they are running of my plan set, but I'm taking an educated guess.

I'm not a member or in any way apart if the Quantra Group.

I'll be in touch.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

HOW Might QUantra Have Capture a Bigfoot?

Posted by Rob Gaudet on December 28, 2012 at 7:21pmView Blog
Below is a post from the MABRC forums where Ed Smith discusses the methods his group, ORIG-6 was employing to try and capture a Bigfoot. It's typical Ed Smith and ORIG-6, very detailed and well planned, you have to also imagined it would have been well executed.

To clarify some of the comments that have been made about a potential capture method, no one knows exactly HOW this creature may have been captured except for involved parties.

When Darren referenced how the creature was captured, he was considering this post only. It has not been verified that this was the method used.

Posted by Ed Smith Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Protocol for the Live Capture of a Bigfoot Specimen: AKA, “Monkey want a Cookie!?!?!? “

Preparation

Type of capture:

There are basically two (2) types of live capture.

1- Capture of a live specimen for short duration, meaning less than 24 hours

2- Capture of a live specimen for long duration, meaning 24 hours to several weeks

Equipment:

1- Of course there is the old reliable Net.

2- A modified sea type shipping container, with spring loaded doors, grate covered vent ports with forced fan vents.

3- Constructed barrier fence pen with spring loaded gates and electric containment hot shot wire.

4- Tranquilizer gun.

5- Target Area Standoff Observation (T.A.S.O.) system

6- Any additional support equipment needed to complete that operation

Personnel:

Site director plus 3 team members, Observation director plus 7 team members, Security director plus 5 team members, Examination director plus 4 team members and the Containment director plus 8 team members. This constitutes the Capture Unit.

The Run Thru:

A minimum of 8 to 10 table top procedures drills with department heads.

A minimum of 3 to 5 field practice runs for the teams of the capture unit is required.

And at least 2 action call drills

Target selection:

Reconnaissance of the Area:

This is perhaps the most important part of the operation; you must consider is the site in its entirety. And all its component areas as well, 1) the Containment site 2) the C3I Site 3) Logistical support site 4) Examination site 5) Security and personnel recon order site.

The target area capture site will have been under surveillance and reconnaissance for a number weeks, if not months prior to the capture team activation. This is means that you would know more or less about the suitability of a target well in advance of the capture team’s arrival at the containment site. There are exceptions to the containment site being a in a separate location, such as the large enclosed capture/containment area.

Type of Target:

1- Elderly individual or crippled targets should be non members of a group or family pod and they should be male, it should be noted that the emotional and mental shock of such a capture event on this class of target could be of such magnitude that death could result. These are the judgment calls that researchers will have to make and justify the further execution of the operation.

2- Rouge individual most probably a male, this distinction should only be assigned to a target that has been observed for a minimum of 30 to 60 days prior to capture. Department heads should be in complete agreement before proceeding with this target capture, it must be confirmed that there is no attachment to a family group or pod this is very important and should not be discounted at any level of the decision making process.

3- Target of opportunity this is assigned to a targeted individual that has been observed for duration of time and has suffered an injury from a fall, accident with a vehicle, a fight with another individual or an encounter with another form of wildlife (Bear or Large Wild Bore)

General note: The capture of a female specimen would in our view be unethical and carry all the vestiges of bad wildlife stewardship, do to the fact one does not know if a female specimen has young under care or if the specimen is pregnant with young, the stress of a capture procedure and any tranquilizing agents could damage the unborn young or be the cause of a miscarriage of the fetus.

Capture method

The operation is going to be physically, emotionally and mentally taxing for all involved, it should not be taken lightly by any member of the operation no matter how minor there role pre, during or post operation. Target Area Standoff Observation (T.A.S.O.) should be in place during the all phases of the operation. There should be 30 to 60 days of continuous observation of the intended target, at no time should there be an attempt at capture until all observation procedures and benchmarks have been met.

To allow a capture to proceed without these checks and balances having been met would result in the possibility of un-reversible damage to a family group or pod and would be in our view a dangerous breach of ethical, moral and scientific standards of a serous research effort.

The specimen must be determined to be rogue and nonattached to a family group or pod without exception.

Capture site will depend upon the method of capture selected.

1) Capture by large enclosed capture/containment area, this area should be devoid of any harmful objects that could be used as weapons or objects that maybe potentially dangerous to both the specimen and operational team.

The erection of the capture/containment area should be incorporated with the use of temptation and habituation techniques. Un-due disturbance of the target in the capture area may delay or derail the capture effort, if temptation devices and methods are not utilized during construction and operational testing of the facility.

The short and sweet of this is making the construction of the site a major curiosity for the target subject.

The fence of the containment area should be constructed of welded 3/8†or larger steel rebar and support posts on a 15 foot spacing with a stabilizing bar running vertically bolted to the rebar grid at the mid point of each grid. The rebar needs to be welded in a 10 inch by 10 inch square pattern to form a 3 to 15 foot panel with the total height of the fence to be not less than 12 feet. It should be noted that should your target be over 8 feet in height then the height of you containment fence will need to be increased. If it is determined that a larger rebar size is required then use a smaller size panel dimensions some thing in the order of 2 feet by 15 to reduce the work load weight.

The support posts would be constructed of box type steel with beam and post type structural steel gage specifications, each would have a 2 foot by 2 foot and .75 inch steel plate will be used, with a bolted slip sleeve welded to the base and bolts are used to secure the post to the sleeve/base plate. 12 inch steel spikes will be placed through holes on each corner of the base plate and driven into the soil.

Outriggers will be attached to the posts inside the containment and outside the containment.

The inside outriggers will be placed 2 feet away from the post, the horizontal arm will be bolted to the post just above the sleeve and then diagonal arm will be bolted at 4 feet above the base plate to the post itself.

The outside outriggers will be placed 5 feet away from the post, the horizontal arm will be bolted to the post, just above the inside outriggers horizontal arm bolt point. The outside outriggers diagonal arm will be bolted at the 8 feet above the base plate to the post itself.

The outriggers horizontal and diagonal arms will be constructed of beam and post type structural steel gage specifications and both arm hinges will be welded to the outrigger base plate.

The outriggers base plate will be 12 inches by 12 inches .75 inch steel plate will be used and two 18 inch steel spikes will be placed thought holes in the base plate located on the right and left side at the mid point of the plate.

Steel extensions of about 18” to 24” to allow the steel electrical fence wire to be held away from the main fence structure, with appropriate insulators should be installed every 2 feet starting at ground level and to the very top of the fence structure this should be installed inside and outside the containment area.

All appropriate electrical connivance equipment should be installed with consideration given to the use of generators and public powers sources. Circuit configuration should be sector configured to prevent any one area of the fence from being completely de-energized by a short circuit or overloaded breaker.

The placement of power and logistical support resources should be placed a minimum of 600 feet from the confinement area and should be sound baffled to prevent any disturbance to the specimen or any unwanted attention from surrounding human populations. Deception techniques should be utilized when deflecting human interest in the activity of the site, for example, oil and gas field survey operation.

The size of the area should be determined by the following, duration of confinement, size of the target, number of number and length of examinations to be preformed on specimen. The location of the containment area will also dictate the size of the structure itself

All openings to the containment area should be covered with spring loaded doors, latch locks and electronic latch release mechanisms to allow for manual or automatic trap gate activation. One door outside the containment and on door inside the containment should be used in these areas in order to form a small sally port so that there is a backup to the other.

Gates should be constructed of beam and post type structural gage specification with interlaced rebar grid welded in to place. Banding springs should be used to operate the snap motion of the gates and all appropriate latches should be manufactured of steel as the material of choice

2) Capture by modified sea type shipping container, size of the container should be 9 feet x 40 feet, however, the 20 foot variety would also do for this type of operation and may make maneuvering in a obstacle filled wooded area easier to place.

Vent openings, no larger that 12 inches by 12 inches, should be cut in to the top of the container and placed no closer than 10 feet to each other, additional vents should be cut into the sides of the container on each side about 2 feet from the bottom of the container, these vents should be 8 inches by 18 inches and no closer than 12 feet from each other, all vents should be covered by 3/8” rebar to form a grate over the openings placed outside the container.

The top vents will have electrical vent motor for the forcing of fresh air and or knock out gas supplied from electronic controlled valves,

The trap gates will be built out of box steel beam type structural gage specification and be mounded to allow it to drop vertically with a mechanized latch to allow for electronic activation. The original container doors should be utilized for travel and transport of a containerized specimen.

3) Tranquilizer dart approach while we believe that this as a primary method of live capture is not practical it is a good secondary approach that is to say that the darting of a trapped specimen would be a reasonable method.

There are several types of tranquilizer that could be used.

Wikipedia Definition

Xylazine is a drug that is used for sedation, anesthesia, muscle relaxation, and analgesia in animals such as horses, cattle and other large mammals {non-human}. An analogue of clonidine, it is an agonist at the α2 class of adrenergic receptor. As with other α2 agonists, adverse effects include bradycardia, conduction disturbances, and myocardial depression. Yohimbine (Yobine) can be used to reverse xylazine effects. In veterinary anesthesia, xylazine is often used in combination with ketamine. No formal information in humans available. Xylazine is sold by Bayer under the brand name Rompun.

We don't believe that a hunter, tracker and or researcher could get in a position that would put them in a situation that would get them within range and location that one could get an effective shot with a tranquilizer gun. Having said that. We do believe that this method would be appropriate for the control of the specimen while under contained observation or transport to and from a capture and containment site.

4) Net approach to the capture of a live specimen, the device should be made from heavy nylon strapping 2 inch in width and each crossing point of each strap should be double stitched in all four direction of the crossing point. The straps should be arranged in a grid of about 8 inches square and since your specimen is probably in the range of 600 pounds and 8 to 9 feet in height, you will need to have a net in the 40 feet by 40 feet range. This device can be placed on the ground with a cantilever weight system or dropped from above with corners and sides weighted for restraint. The other option for this device would be utilized with a tranquilizing gun. We feel that while there is a practical application for this device, this still might be too traumatic for the specimen and the team.

Temptation device(s) for the above mention methods of capture can be far and wide in there diversity of type and style. We will list a few here but there are many others that even we are unaware of, so here it goes:

1- Temptation camps these should be unmanned, with multiple temptation methods deployed inside and around the campsites, with the use of mannequins, and boom box recordings.

2- Temptation devices could be Mylar ribbons, CD disks, helium filled balloons the long type that clowns use, Disco mirror ball with the use of visible light and IR light shinning on the ball. (Yeah, I know it sounds funny, but trust US it’s a Scream)

3- Temptation foods popcorn in a white pillow case hung in tree, fruit, nuts, bovine tongue, and chicken (live), goat (live), hog (live),

4- Temptation sounds wind chimes, boom box recordings, wildlife sound recordings IE: wounded rabbit, and the like, glass pop or beer bottles hung in tree but close enough to clank together in the wind, We believe that call blasting is a non productive use of resources, since we have know idea what is being communicated then it very well could be counter productive to the capture effort.

5- Temptation odors Bacon grease, Calf liver soaked in liquid smoke at leased 24 hours, Butter Milk, Hentz Ketchup, Human breast milk, Gauze soaked in apple butter allowed to dry and hung in trees, coarsely ground cabbage with garlic cloves placed in a fishnet bag and hung in trees, Sandalwood oil sprayed in the area, Hog and chicken manure, Emu feathers in a pillow case

6- Temptation lights white lights flashlight type, Christmas lights multi colored that twinkle, Chemlite sticks hung in the trees (Red and Amber/orange)

The pendulum of fate swings and the chimes of wonderment sound. It is time for us to put all our well laid plans in to motion. We must be prepared for all things good, bad and unknown. The observations, reconnaissance, operations, logistical, temptation, capture, confinement, should with a little bit of luck and the cashing in on good karma. Then success should be yours and ours.

The Guest of Honor

Containment of your specimen will depend upon the duration of your operations specifications.

Care of the specimen, is of the up most concern of your operation, there should be a Veterinarian on your staff list and in your planning that could make any medical care decisions. You must maintain specimen contamination procedures to the letter, this to protect the specimen from contracting any human based viruses or bacteria, as we have been informed by a large animal veterinarian that gorillas, monkeys and primates can catch human type infections. He also informed us that while unlikely there is a possibility that humans could contract infections from them as well, It has been documented that some types of hemorrhagic fevers can be past from primates to humans. The capture devices should be decontaminated as much as possible with an insecticide sprayer that has one and a half cups of bleach to two gallons of water, understanding that this may disrupt you temptation efforts you must prevent contamination of your specimen and your teams.

The Feeding of your specimen, should be conducted with out human contact, all foods should be handled with latex gloves and washed to remove any other substances from there surfaces. Fresh water should be provided via a pump with a sanitized water supply. If it is a short duration confinement then no feeding may be required, however water should be provided to prevent dehydration due to the fact that if tranquilizing agents are used, most of them will cause dehydration to be accelerated as part of the process.

Dealing with the waste products of your specimen urine and fecal matter should be collected from the confinement area. If your duration of confinement more that several hours your going to have to make provisions for dealing with this aspect of the operation that is non disturbing to the specimen.

Security of your specimen, your site, your team, your examination area is a major consideration of your operation, both in planning and operation.

Containment integrity of your specimen, you must insure that the containment of the specimen is sound in planning and operation through out its execution. Constant monitoring of the area and its boundaries via video, audio, seismic and by human inspection should be adequate for the safe and efficient operation of containment of your specimen.

Sedation and tranquilization of your specimen, during movement to and from the containment area weather it be for examination, medical or the eventual release back into the wild. Your specimen must be sedated and or tranquilized for this part of your effort, it is not open to compromise and you and your team should strictly adhere to this policy without exception.

Unintended release of your specimen, while we can plan for all things, it is with all do respect for your specimen that should your containment effort fail and your tranquilization efforts fall short, then it should be a standing operational order that your specimen should be allowed to go free without being harassed into staying.

There will be another day.

Termination of your specimen, only if a life or death situation presents itself and members of your team or the examination team become threatened by the actions of your specimen. Then the Kill order should be implemented. Documentation of the understood rules of engagement (ROE) should be in place prior to the beginning of the operation and maintained until the termination of operations.

Turn Your Head and Cough Please.

Examination: Without this portion of your operation everything up until now has been in vain. The examination process of the operation should be implemented at the earliest possible time, in order for there to be as a minimal impact to the specimens mental, emotional and physical stress load as possible, sedation and tranquilization of the specimen is a must during this process. The examination area should be a separate area from the containment area. We would like to see an examination trailer with expansion slide outs and all the x-ray, ultrasound, blood work, tissue collection, high resolution video microscope and forensic fingerprinting and well foot printing would take place, in a controlled environment.

Observation: While you would conduct behavior observation in the wild some could be carried out while your specimen is in captivity. This should be used as an acid test against the known behavior of a specimen in the wild and in captivity; these efforts will aid in the determination of how the specimen’s behavior remains the same or changed, in natural surrounding or in a captive environment.

A Fond Farewell

Security during the release phase is paramount to the complete success of this operation. Although through out the process of the operation secrecy should and hopefully will have been observed by all parties involved. The security team should make no assumptions during this final effort in the process. The release site should be placed under observation, no less that five days before the intended release date. The location of the release site should not be reveled until 12 months from the date of release is has pasted.

Observation of the specimen as it recovers from the sedation utilized during the transportation from the containment site should be undertaken by video, audio and seismic sensors. All human activity should be pulled back to no less than a half a mile. Recovery and release should be monitored until the last electronic sensor ceases to register the specimen’s actions or existence in the release area.

Tracking device: We are opposed to the implantation of a tracking device, on the grounds that should the signal be hijacked then it would be targeted by poachers or unscrupulous individuals passing themselves off as researchers.

The implantation of a tracking device could cause an infection or perhaps tissue rejection thus causing the specimen to contract illness or even death.

In conclusion, The Protocol for the capture of a live Bigfoot should be taken seriously by the administration of the funding organization, capture unit, examination team and logistical support team without exception. We have debated on every single merit of the steps, methods and procedures as stated in this protocol and it is without reluctance that we believe that should the operation as outlined in this document be implemented the operation should stand a better than 85% chance of success.

A legal review of existing trapping and hunting regulations should be under taken prior to any operational green light is given to such a project, these regulation vary from state to state and even federal regulations may be involved. Advanced legal representation may be required, even the obtaining of a license of some type may be required even a monetary bond of some sort. Bottom line, explore all aspects of this, so there are no attempts at seizure of the specimen by others private or governmental.

We hope this has been and or will be informative to anyone who has the resources and where with all to prefrom the operations as outlined in this protocol.

Keep Squatching and Be Safe

later

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:51 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

UPDATE: Conference Call Proposed by Ed Smith in Information Release on "Daisy"

Posted by Rob Gaudet on December 30, 2012 at 9:43am
For the record, I've not spoken with Darren on the topic since yesterday morning. This is all I know for now.

I would like to add my opinion to the events of and behavior of the Bigfoot community over the last two days. The best way to have this disappear and never hear anything again until some press release is made to the general public, is to make demands and accusations without knowing the facts. Instead, treat this as you would a new witness who comes forward with an encounter; 1) with a healthy dose of skepticism 2) kindness (because you want them speak frankly) and 3) patience.

Okay... let the tomato throwing begin.

The following post was made by Ed Smith on the MABRC Forums on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 2:34 am.

Posted by Ed Smith Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:34 am

It's good to see members of the MABRC and Forum that don't post often, or very little posting now,it's a good thing.

Perhaps a commentary thread DW, just thinking out loud.

Now for some news, I have cleared this with Mr. Alexander one of the principles in Quantra Group, at least there is some movement.

We, Mr Alexander and myself have been negotiating all day and up until about an hour ago.

I'm proposing a conference call or meeting be between the principles of Quantra, MABRC, Meldrum (if Available), Hovey (if Available), myself and some others. I hope we can come to agreement on this.

There will be a press release in the future on Quantra's timetable it's their call and all of us are going to have to suck it up and accept it.

There is an issue with the specimen and health concerns are paramount. I do not know specifics or details of the condition of the specimen but I think everyone would be respectful of the attention to this matter.

I will keep you posted.

And remember: The MABRC ownership, management, organizational members, forum members and affiliates are NOT responsible for the content of my posts or the data that has been presented here over the years.

I AM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

Ed Smith... Real Person or Not?

Posted by Rob Gaudet on January 1, 2013 at 6:00pmView Blog
There has been some debate about whether Ed Smith is a real person because he has a non-existent digital footprint. To assume a person not participating in Social Media such as Facebook or commenting on blogs, does not exist, is quite ridiculous. Many of the same people who claim this is a hoax, point to a lack of online social interaction as a fact that Ed and Quantra do not exist and so the 'Daisy' story must be a hoax.

Ludicrous.

Some of these same people say... that telling others they may have captured a Sasquatch hurts the reputation of the Bigfoot community. So let me get this straight, claiming someone doesn't exist unless they are on Facebook is fine, but being patient for information about an enormous event such as a captured Sasquatch, is too much to ask? Well.. not much else needs to be said.

The facts is, MABRC has known Ed Smith for 4-5 years. Several individual members of MABRC have met with Ed Smith. Members of other research groups have also met and spoken with Ed Smith as well. You can see confirmation from some of these individuals in the image below.

Attachment:
Capture1.JPG

Well, there you go. Ed Smith IS a real person, perhaps everyone should go update their posts, because facts are important.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:51 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

Wednesday January 2, 2013

A meeting will be held by Ed Smith and the principles of Quantra in Houston to work out the details of the meeting between Quantra and MABRC and those individuals that have been decided upon.

Further details will be posted as available.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 am 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

First Hand Account of Meeting with Ed Smith and About ORIG-6 (And Presumably Quantra's) Cababilities

Posted by Rob Gaudet on January 1, 2013 at 6:30pm

From Randy Harrington...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have refrained from saying too much, Because I did not want to muddy the waters. The fact that I am an MABRC member means you will give me little to no credit for saying this, But I will say it anyway.

Ed Smith is a real person. I have visited with Ed Smith, Had dinner with him. Got an in depth look into their operations down in Oklahoma. I did see some evidence that secured for me the fact that Ed was into something big. The limiting factor for most researchers to not be successful, is funding. Even the big money researchers like BFRO are woefully underfunded. Ed Smith and his group does not have that problem.

The scale of their operation would boggle your mind. It involves leasing lands and long term 'hands off approach' with their set-ups. Engineered triangulated sound towers to locate precise locations of tree knocks and vocals. 24 to 36 ft angle iron towers topped with the type of thermal camera's you see on the bottom of helicopters, with the ability to zoom in for a mile or more. Ground sensors placed in area's of observations of travel, along fences etc. all fed into computers to give real time feed back as to whether or not something walking is bipedal or quadruped. fed back at the same time a thermal video is taken. Then after a video was taken, while the image was still on screen, not moving the thermal camera's they can overlay a man standing in the same spot for size comparisons. Some of the video shots also resulted in hair, tissue and even blood from briars found from the travel path of the bigfoot.

Ed was the first to show us how to collect samples and document. First, you video the whole process, use packaged tweezers, packaged q-tips, and rubber gloves to take samples and bag them and seal the bag. All video taped.

In the beginning, some of the labs would not have taken on the job of DNA study without the video showing how the samples were retrieved and not contaminated.

The details go on and on...It all started years ago when these 6 guy's who were all friends, were in college together. All working on higher degree's. One night they were discussing things as young men do, and the topic of bigfoot came up. To make a long story short, 3 of the 6 men had encounters with a creature we know as bigfoot. Ed's encounter is quite amazing, as he was hiking alone along the Illinois river in North Oklahoma, I believe he encountered 3, and got hit in the back by a rock from a squatch standing knee deep in the river while he faced the other two....he vacated quickly back to where his vehicle was parked and was escorted as some people are when they have a wooded encounter. Because of the sighting by 3 of them, they started playing around with the idea of why there has been no evidence....much like we all have pondered. After college at some point they put their plan in motion, Lots of money ( i believe a trust fund was some of the money used)
They initially had a 10 year plan, Ed Smith got ansy, and wanted to replicate their findings from their research with other researchers in different locations...they needed this as part of the scientific process. Ed started posting to the MABRC and revealed to us what they needed. So we tried to help. This was 4 years ago.

So people ask WHY? is the MABRC who Ed chose to contact. Well, because it was located somewhat close to where Ed lived, had 200 researchers they could have help to replicate their experiments. You can't really belong to a group and not develop friendships, so that is where we have progressed to now. Ed was always the one pushing to share their info to get to where they wanted to get to, after 10 years he was getting tired of the 2 week stretches in the command trailers on location ,manning the thermals and computer equipment. The other 5 guy's were not as eager to share as Ed was. So they clashed sometimes about releasing content. So then this past year there was a change of business plans, Ed was tired....and then all of a sudden, here we are with what has transpired.
I am sure some will not be happy with me sharing this. I hope it gives you a better understanding. believe me when I tell you, this is only a speck of the depth of all they have done and documented, I just can't put it all down in an appropriate timeline. You will just have to be satisfied...surely some here have read some of the Ed Smith threads of research over at the MABRC.

Randy Harrington

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

From Ed Smith, 1-2-2013 wrote:
Its time to clear up some of the background on the Orig-6.

When we began in the early nineties there were six group members, as we worked into certain projects we had helpers those numbered three to five.
As we moved in to the early two thousands it became larger in scope I can say the nineties for us (6) was a lot of fun our projects were small and enjoyable to conduct.

When we started the long range survey projects in the mid to late two thousands, thats when the group went on steroids so to speak. Our contractor numbers went to 22 plus us and we began associations with others in multiple states.

Then when we operated our own DNA project with the results of incorrect primers vs corrected primers it was decided that a body preferably living would be the best course to take.

The capture idea began in the mid nineties mostly with me not so much with the others, but I began with the sketching of trap possibilities and over time the design grew the unit must be strong, stealthy, mobile, and autonomous. The trap units were fabricated in Tulsa at a business associates shop.

In accordance with the protocol and the operations plan, we began slowly to assemble the needed assets, manpower and resources. In the oil and gas business you have to be mobile, durable and reliable in your work, planing and operation. This also provided the perfect cover for operating such a project.

The capture project while under the control of the ORIG-6 had as many as 42 plus us working on it.

When the ORIG-6 ceased operations late last year the movement towards such a conclusion started in late May and early June of 2012. A friend of mine suggested that we (ORIG-6) meet with a group of like minded. but not engaged in BF research, business associates of his, so in May/June of 2012 we had an initial meeting in Virginia. Where they were attending a conference and from this meeting the Quantra Group was conceived.

When the ORIG-6 ceased operations all our projects were terminated except the capture project was passed through to the Quantra Group. All project data past and present was transferred to the Quantra Group. I retain ownership of my written work plans and protocols and such.

I am restricted in discussing any of our past project work for a period of ten years. I am further restricted from participating in research even for my own private enjoyment (trust me there was a price for that one) for seven years.

Four of the ORIG-6 members began with the Quantra Group only two remain. My understanding is that the Quantra Groups operating environment is uncomfortable and that is all I will say about it.

As for the documentaries, the first two volumes are complete and the third is in revision. The ORIG-6 no longer owns the rights to them Quantra is now the owner.
I have posted this previously.

In some of the reporting on blogs and forums that the capture was leaked to me that is inaccurate. The text message was mistakenly sent to me I posted the information. Did I contact a source in the Quantra Group? Yes did and the information was posted.

Could that get me sued possibly but if it wasn't for the Quantra Groups mistake I would have never known.

The meeting with the principles of the Quantra Group is this evening.

I hope this post has cleared up some things for those interested in the work. Have a good day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm 
Forum Admin Bot
Forum Admin Bot

Courtesy of Melissa Hovey wrote:
Below are the questions and answers so far with Ed Smith. Thank you to the Forum Admin for allowing me to post these. BEFORE you go onto the questions and answers ---

There are still questions out for Ed to answer. If you ask a question about anything (and I am sure there will be) I will forward them to Ed, if I have not already asked him in the follow up questions he still has.

Also, there are some who seem to be under the impression that I am the only independent researcher chosen for this "conference"... This is not true. I can not disclose names but I know of 2 other independents that are involved and one still has to be contacted. These names are not my information to disclose - and until everything is set in stone - those names should not be disclosed. Ed Smith references the "Bridging Group" - which is this group of Independent Researchers - in his answers below. Anyone wanting more information about this should contact DW directly.

Below are the questions and answers between myself and Ed Smith. As I stated above, there are still some questions Ed has not gotten to - but he has not refused to answer one question so far. I say that, because if he did refuse an answer - it would be noted in the responses. Some questions may have been asked before, if so, then I apologize as I am also trying to get up to speed on all this.

At this point I do not have an opinion one way or the other. As always, I ask that people make up their own mind. When I have more answers from Ed, I will post those as well.

Question: By your own admission you are not involved with Quantra, so what makes you think the text message you received was true?

Ed Smith: The incoming address "CINC-6 is the communication I.D. for capture control and the message ["Daisy" in the box] is the identifier for a positive capture. I checked the IP number and it matched with the status server on which the "Flash List" function platforms.

The Quantra Group are using the same networks, identifiers and action codes as the ORIG-6 created and setup. If it’s working why reinvent the wheel.

Question: Have they provided you with any photos or hard evidence that shows what they are saying is true?

Ed Smith: No, that's why I'm making sure that at the bridging meeting that we get to see Photos, Video, X-rays, Ultrasounds, Blood Work, Hair morphology, Stool Cultures, Preliminary PCR test and MRI, if completed.

All of the above should be completed by this time and the resources are in place at the examination area.

Quiet frankly I see no reason that the members of the bridging unit, in which your a member of should. NOT see the specimen ourselves.

Question: Do you understand why the community is having such a hard time accepting this as legitimate capture?

Ed Smith: Yes, I do. I'm setting with the people that I sold my organization to and they have been elusive when it comes things that if the tables were turned I would know at this point, as the leader of the effort.

Question: You discussed an agreement you signed when you left the Orig-6 - an NDA. Are you willing to forward that, and any other agreements signed upon your departure, to me? I will not publish these documents.

Ed Smith: Yes, I have signed a non- compete agreement and a non-disclosure agreement. I need to run it by my legal counsel be for forwarding, I know you would not publish anything but I have to get them to get their opinion first.

Question: How has "Quantra" reacted to the outing of this alleged capture?

Ed Smith: Well there are not very happy with me, but it's their communications error. I would have been content hearing about it on the news while working in my garden ( I like to garden in what spare time I have) .

Question: In the past you discussed DNA testing and Documentaries, do you still have any of the DNA results in your possession? If so will you forward them to me? What happened to the Documentary?

Ed Smith: All of the DNA project work ( results and data ) was sold to the Quantra Group all of the digital info and hard files were boxed up and sent to their location. By the sale agreement I was not allowed to retain any copies or back ups of the data or Information.

I cannot talk about them, but some of the results are posted in the threads at the MABRC and I believe even the incorrect ones are posted there as well. DW I think has reposted those threads from the backup since the hack attack a lot or some of the threads have not been reposed as of yet.

Some background on why I left ORIG-6, my responsibilities to my families oil and gas business were and still are increasing and where O-6 operations was concerned I could not keep up with the 24/7 work load even with help from the staff. I was also dealing with buckling relations with my O-6 partners, stack my family life on top of it and something had to go.

I talked with Randy Harrington extensively about this.

Documentaries, the were originally made for a DvD release but then retooled for a cable television type network. The rights to the documentaries have been sold to the Quantra Group I don't know there status at this point.

Question: Do you have any information on the alleged cage that was built and allegedly used to capture, "Daisy"? What is it made of, and the specs?

Ed Smith: I retain the rights to my written work so I can talk about the trap unit, but photos, video and CAD drawing are the property of the Quantra Group.

Yes, I designed 95% of the trap unit. It is not a clam shell trap as has been reported in some of the blogs. Those reports are entirely inaccurate.

We attempted to modify a shipping container at first but found it was in satisfactory for our requirements.

The materials used are steel, aluminum and carbon fiber.

The dimensions are 11.5 feet in width and 17.8 feet in length, 8.2 feet in height, excluding the pressure bottle rack.

The unit is transported in parts to a staging site and assembled. The assembled unit is skid mounted can be moved by a tractor or wheeled loader. It is also designed to be lifted by helicopter.

Explosive cylinders much like an over loaded 12ga shot gun shell. Would blow the trip laches on the door and actuate the tensioned springs snapping the sliding door shut.

A weight sensing module is placed at the entrance to the unit covered in ground material would allow a reasonable weight to be attained.

A second weight sensing module is embedded in the floor of the trap unit allowing the electronic controller to activate the explosive latches and servo valves on the nitrogen gas cylinders in the knock down gas system which forces all oxygen out of the space an forces the specimen in to an unconscious state. Side panels could be opened a tranquilizing agent (dart) could be administered.

The dosage could be determined because of the weight data collected at the entrance would be available at this point.

The trap unit can be camouflaged made to look like a hut (out building) or a stone out crop this is achieved by using modular or gunite concrete (shotcrete) units then painted or stained to match the surrounding rock features.

Then baited with temptation materials.

The unit would be under video observation at distance and video coverage would be inside the unit and at the entrance. Small video cams and lipstick cameras would be utilized for this application.

Power for the unit would six to eight 12 volt deep cycle battery configured in a 24 volt parallel configuration this would allow for long duration soak times without disturbance. Battery box and DC circuit breaker unit mounted on top of the trap unit.

Engineers work on problems, Designers work on needs and we needed a trap.

Question: Are you being told anything about the condition of, "Daisy"? What are the conditions she is being kept in? Is she still in captivity?

Ed Smith: I have been told there is a health issue with the specimen but no details have been given to me.

Question: Why should anyone believe this?

Ed Smith: I'm posting information it's everyone’s right to believe it or not. I still have issues with some of the information that they should know at this point as I stated above in question one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next