Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Darkwing's Public Statement about the Quantra Affair
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
The last few weeks has seen perhaps the biggest hoax ever perpetrated has occurred. Ed Smith has stated publicly on the Bigfoot Forums that he has hoaxed the MABRC for the last 4 ½ years. This announcement has led to multiple individuals to begin speculating and assuming that someone in the MABRC had to have known that Ed was hoaxing.

Let’s get something straight right off the bat, the buck stops here with me. Regardless of the speculation and assumptions, no one from the MABRC knew that Ed was hoaxing. Randy “Driveroperator” Harrington and myself spent countless hours on the phone with Ed, attempting to find discrepancies in his stories and information. We would call each other and compare notes, to see if Ed changed even a minor detail, but could not find anything to compromise what Ed was telling us. We went and sat down with him for lunch at the Golden Corral in Muskogee, Oklahoma, and looked at the paperwork in his binder while he talked, unknown to him that we were looking. Land contracts were seen, as well as other papers. I used my background as an IS person to engage Ed in conversation about some of the equipment they used, and he spoke with the knowledge that someone working with high-end technology would know. Neither Randy or I could prove that Ed was a fake, nor could we prove that everything he said was true, but we kept trying as we owed the MABRC Organizational Members that.

I tracked down the names of other members of the so-called “Orig-6” and found that they were real people, whether they were actual friends of Ed or not, we couldn't verify.

Ed also would post information on the forum that supposedly came from the “Orig-6” research, from DNA analysis, footprint trackway measurements and the horizon project. The way the information was written up and done in autocad seem to reinforce that the “Orig-6” was legitimate.

The MABRC also had Ed’s IP addresses from where he logged in from, and posted to the forum, I followed the majority of these back to the Bixby Telephone Company. Ed had told me that the Orig-6 had their communications server there in the backroom of the Telephone Company, because they purchased some space there. This held some truth to it because many smaller telephone companies will lease you space at their office to set up servers. I even called the Bixby Telephone Company and they confirmed that they did do that, but would not discuss which customers they had that were doing that.

The database that I created on Ed contained every thing he had ever told Randy and I, along with his posts, we did this to see if we could find discrepencies, and the stories did not change. We could not crack his stories to prove whether he was making it up or tellin the truth.

Several years ago, Ed began puttin together a summit meeting between the MABRC, Texlaresearch and Orig-6, in Tulsa. It appeared to be going to happen, and we were very much anticipating it. We were treading very lightly to insure that we did not give Ed any excuse to back out, and then the greediness of Bulletmaker came into play and he began demandin presents and money for allowing the Infrasound Experiment to happen at his hidden bean field. Between Bulletmaker and Pete Wilson clashing with Ed, this gave Ed the way out needed why the summit wouldn’t happen. We wanted to see if the summit would happen, but because of the selfishness of two individuals, that gave Ed an easy out.

Since there was an actual excuse given to Ed on a silver platter, we could not state 100% if the summit was just a hoax or not. We knew that we could not let that happen again if Ed came out with anything, we could not give him an easy way out.

When the summit meeting didn’t happen, several turned against Ed and burned their bridges with him, which was their right to do so. Randy and I continued talking to Ed on the phone, and through e-mails, maintaining a friendship with him to see what further we could find out.

During this time, Randy would call Ed at random times, Ed never knew when he was goin to call, and several times that Randy would call, Ed would say he was lookin to lease a hanger to do the Orig-6 documentary, and there would be airplanes taking off and landing in the background. Ed had been talking about this hanger being leased on the MABRC forums several days earlier, so it seemed to back up this incident. One of these phone calls, was early one morning, and another man picked up the phone and answered it, and he got Ed on the phone. Randy knew that Ed always referred to his significant other, but never said wife or girlfriend. S