Welcome to the MABRC Forums

For information related to the Administration of the Forums.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Welcome to the MABRC Forums

Post by admin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:31 am

Welcome to the MABRC Forums,

Thank you for visiting the MABRC Forums and we hope you find what you are looking for. This site is open to everyone as long as they follow the forum rules that is posted at the top of every forum page. You don't have to be a researcher to join.

Who is MABRC ? The Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center actually started in 2001 as the Green Country (Oklahoma) Bigfoot Research Center, and with added researchers from across the country, we evolved into Mid-America in 2007. MABRC is the home to Driveroperator and Darkwinglh, pioneers in the outside the box approach to field research.

Why a forum? MABRC members have been to many forums in the Bigfoot community which have their little cliques, their steadfast belief in research techniques that have been used for nearly half a decade that hasn't produced results, and the idol worship many have for those in the Bigfoot community who have not done much to advance the research. If you try to bring up new information that goes against the grain, many of these forums outright ban you for it. We also knew that a place needed to be built where folks could share their information with each other, to help fit pieces of the puzzle together to solve the Bigfoot mystery.

Here at the MABRC forum, thinking outside the box is the norm. We don't use the same techniques that have failed to produce results, instead, we try new things, if they don't work, we try something different.

If you are new to Bigfoot Research, you will find this is the place for information, training and kinship with researchers in the field. We don't mind answering questions, and always remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, as long as you are trying to seriously learn from it.

What does the MABRC forum have that is different from other forums? MABRC researchers took a step back and thought long and hard about what a Bigfoot Forum should really be, a place where an exchange of information could happen without politics, harrasment and criticism. We also thought it should be an online database of information for beginning researchers as well as the old timers.

Currently, we have taken the OSSIE Database (aka Open Source, Sightings, Incidents and Encounters) we have been working on and decided to put it as a knowledgebase type forum.

Here are some of the forums we have active.

The Library-The library is made up of wings and rooms, we have the East and West wings, where articles from across the Internet are displayed for all to read, in one convenient location. The Sightings database, is a collection of all available sigtings reports found currently on the Internet. The Newspaper Vault contains actual pictures of newspaper articles dating back to the early 1800s of Bigfoot-related sightings. The Map room contains a large collection of maps that would benefit researchers, while the audio room houses a large collection of animal vocalizations to aid researchers in comparing noises heard in the field.

The Movie Theater-A place where video clips from across the Internet is embedded in our forum so that you can watch them. We do the searching for you and put them in one convenient location for you to find easily.

The Researcher's Reference-Tons of information that a researcher should know before going into the wilds searching for the locals, from survival, first aid, hoaxes, who's who in Bigfoot research and handy tidbits of techniques in use.

The Researcher's Field Book-MABRC and Independent Researchers alike, post their research here for everyone to follow along and read about, there is also an Expeditions area where these same researchers post about their expeditions.

The Locals Discussion area is also where a great many topics are discussed.

Return to “Forum Administration Information”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting