Nevada IBS Sighting Report

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Nevada IBS Sighting Report

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:49 am

a.jpg
a.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
2617 CLARK anonymous CRC , TR 59 JUL 96 0
ROOM WITH BF BEING DISSECTED, ALIEN BODIES [Full Report]

2756 ELKO JIM CRC , 1982 TR 63 JAN 97 3
BF STOMPS ON ROOF, TRACKS THAT VANISH, WAS WATCHED [Full Report]

2757 ELKO JIM CRC , 1996 TR 63 JAN 97; UTAH NEWSPAPER 3
WILD MAN SEEN [Full Report]

3138 NYE worker at test site Ron Schaffner , TR 79 JUN 98 Idaho Statesman, Boise, Jan. 30, ‘80 3
6+ FT BF CROSS ROAD AT NUCLEAR TEST SITE [Full Report]

716 NYE Dave Jackson Ron Schaffner , 1980 TR79 Idaho Statesman 1
6 FT BF SEEN AT ATOMIC TEST SITE [Full Report]

3358 PERSHING guano MINERS Jim Lee , 1911 TR 86 APR 1999 3
6.5-8 ft red haired human remains found in cave [Full Report]

708 PERSHING JUDGE Rod Cusic , MISG TR79 1
BF SEEN CLIMBING CLIFF [Full Report]

admin

Re: Nevada IBS Sighting Report

IBS Report #: 2617

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 59 JUL 96
Credibility: 0
Locality: AREA 51, NELLIS AFB
Researcher: CRC
Witness: anonymous

Summary: ROOM WITH BF BEING DISSECTED, ALIEN BODIES

Sighting Text:
TR 59 JUL 96 * Caller wants to remain anonymous. Continuing conversation, my caller said he had a friend that had a son that was stationed at Area 51, Nellis AFB, NV, as a security guard with a high clearance, fairly recently. The son said (privately and in confidence to his dad) he was once called into a room where people were dissecting Bigfoot creatures. There were several complete corpses in vats of liquid similar to formaldehyde (which might explain why they didn't need any more bodies from Mt. St. Helens...they had plenty!). There were body parts; hearts, livers, and such, scattered all over on tables. Also he told dad he once got a peek into another room he was passing when the door opened after a retinal scan of another guard...more vats, only containing the "little white aliens with the big black eyes." Scuttlebutt was that the Roswell, New Mexico UFO crash was true, and that the dead aliens and parts of the spacecraft were brought to that installation.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 2756

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude: +041˚ 15' N
Longitude: 114˚ 11' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1982
Time:
Elevation: 4879

Data Source: TR 63 JAN 97
Credibility: 3
Locality: Montello
Researcher: CRC
Witness: JIM

Sighting Type: 2
Summary: BF STOMPS ON ROOF, TRACKS THAT VANISH, WAS WATCHED

Sighting Text:
TR 63 JAN 97 We've heard a few really credible Big Foot stories over the years. One of the best comes from a middle aged fellow "Jim" who lived on the outermost fringe of a very small gathering called Montello in Nevada. At least, that's where he could rent a post office box, as his actual residence had no address. He and his family lived in a structure he'd built himself out in the hills among the junipers and pinions. There he and his wife for a time taught their children through home schooling correspondence studies. They brought in barrels of water and ran a generator when they needed power. Light was often by kerosene lantern. "Jim" never went to town to tell anyone what happened - he was that sure no one would believe him at the time. Since then (around 1982), we're about the only persons outside the immediate family to hear his story. He might even resent publicity. Hence I tell this second-hand. Picture this isolated family's routine evening; dinner, dishes, homework, some sewing, relaxing with a cigarette. Everyone is preoccupied with business as usual, then Ker-Pow! In the midst of just such an evening gears shift from relaxed to petrified, as their little home is assaulted. The home has a partial second story; they clamber up the ladder and cower together in that as something mighty powerful stomps on the lower roof. They pray; especially the wife is quite religious. I make note here that she already did believe in wild men in general as she was familiar with the Bible verse wherein descendants of Cain were destined to roam the far-flung corners of the earth. The stomper, perhaps with some sense of accomplishment, ceased his tirade. Do you think anyone slept after that? No one ventured out of doors that night! Next morning

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:50 am

IBS Report 2757 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 3138

Latitude: +037˚ 04' N
Longitude: 116˚ 02' W
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation: 4091

Data Source: TR 79 JUN 98 Idaho Statesman, Boise, Jan. 30, ‘80
Locality: TOWARD YUCCA FLAT
Researcher: Ron Schaffner
Witness: worker at test site

Summary: 6+ FT BF CROSS ROAD AT NUCLEAR TEST SITE

Sighting Text:
* Internet. Newspaper report submitted by Ron Schaffner. Idaho Statesman, Boise, Jan. 30, ‘80. Bigfoot sighted in Nye County, Nevada, by worker at test site 95 miles north of Las Vegas recently. “Dept. of Energy spokesman Dave Jackson said a worker saw the creature walk across a road in the forward area of the test site. It was reported heading east toward Yucca Flat, site of numerous above and below-ground nuclear tests.” It was said to be over six feet, taking long upright strides like a man, and covered with hair. Security officials investigated, but were unable to find any footprints.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 716

Latitude: +037˚ 04' N
Longitude: 116˚ 02' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1980
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR79 Idaho Statesman
Credibility: 1
Locality: toward Yucca Flat
Researcher: Ron Schaffner
Witness: Dave Jackson

Summary: 6 FT BF SEEN AT ATOMIC TEST SITE

Sighting Text:
NV NYE 1980 TR#79 * Internet. Newspaper report submitted by Ron Schaffner. Idaho Statesman, Boise, Jan. 30, ‘80. Bigfoot sighted in Nye County, Nevada, by worker at test site 95 miles north of Las Vegas recently. “Dept. of Energy spokesman Dave Jackson said a worker saw the creature walk across a road in the forward area of the test site. It was reported heading east toward Yucca Flat, site of numerous above and below-ground nuclear tests.” It was said to be over six feet, taking long upright strides like a man, and covered with hair. Security officials investigated, but were unable to find any footprints.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3358

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +040˚ 11' N
Longitude: 118˚ 28' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1911
Time:
Elevation: 3980

Data Source: TR 86 APR 1999
Locality: Lovelock Cave, 70 miles northeast of Reno,
Researcher: Jim Lee
Witness: guano MINERS

Sighting Type: 3
Summary: 6.5-8 ft red haired human remains found in cave

Sighting Text:
TR 86 APR 1999 * Jim Lee in Ohio on bones. JLee725905@aol.com There are several reports of anomalous "human" remains being found. Though they cause comment at the time, they're eventually determined to be the remains of freakishly proportioned humans. Have Sasquatch remains ever been found? Probably several. Have they been recognized for what they are? Almost certainly not. Some examples from page 151 of Dr. Karl Shuker's book, The Unexplained. 1911: Several mummified remains of 6 foot 6 inch to 8 foot red-haired humans were found in Lovelock Cave, 70 miles northeast of Reno, Nevada by a guano mining operation. They substantiated the local Paiute's claim of the existence of Si-Te-Cahs. Dr. Shuker reports that most of the bones were lost or destroyed in a fire but that a 12 inch skull with related bones is still preserved in Winnemucca at the Humboldt Museum. Some related artifacts are also held at the Nevada State Historical Society in Reno. Editor’s note. I've seen what I believe were some of these skeletons. They were on display in a pit in the Mark Twain Museum in Virginia City, Nevada in the late 60's and mid 70's. As I recall there were three skeletons purported to be of a male, female, and child. They were listed as seven feet tall (and the two adults appeared so) red-haired Indians found in a cave by miners. When I last visited the Mark Twain Museum in 1992 the skeletons were no longer on display. No doubt the local tribes insisted on their reinternment. I imagine that the family which runs the museum might know what happened to them. Follow up on Lovelock material * Jim Lee from Ohio on bones with some book excerpts: JLee725905@aol.com Reposting this from Dr. Shuker's, Unexplained, page 151: The full title is "The Unexplained, An Illustrated Guide to the World's Natural and Paranormal Mysteries". It covers a lot of ground (most of which doesn't interest me personally) like most books in its genre. "In 1911, several mummified remains of mysterious red-haired humans ranging from 2 - 2 1/2 meters (6 1/2 feet to over 8 feet) tall were disinterred in Lovelock Cave, 112 kilometers (70 miles) north-east of Reno, Nevada, by a guano mining operation. These substantiated the local Piute (sic) Indians' legends of such people, which they called the Si-Te-Cahs. Yet scientists proved oddly reluctant to investigate these remains and eventually most of the bones were simply discarded by the miners. What was left was salvaged by various local people, only for most of it to be destroyed in a fire. Happily, however, one of the giant Lovelock skulls, almost 30 cm (1 foot) tall, is preserved with some related bones and artifacts at the Humboldt Museum in Winnemucca, Nevada, and various Lovelock artifacts are also held at the Nevada State Historical Society's museum at Reno." The paragraph is accompanied by a photograph of the Winnemucca skull laying on its left side on grass facing a twelve inch ruler. It doesn't appear to be quite twelve inches tall but about 10 1/2 inches from bottom of lower jaw to top. The caption reads "Giant skull, rare surviving evidence of the Lovelock Cave discovery." As I look at the photograph now I would say that the lower jaw is no less than massive, even in proportion to the skull by human standards. The upper and lower jaws both protrude beyond the brow ridge by almost a full inch (prognathism?). The lower jaw appears to have a full set of teeth on the right side and in the front, though its left side is not visible in the photograph. Several teeth appear to be missing from the left side of the upper jaw (visible since the lower jaw is ajar) and one tooth is missing from the right side of the upper jaw. Oddly, the upper and lower canine teeth, visible and present on the jaw's right side, have flat, grinding surfaces rather than pointed tips. The back of the skull also appears to extend lower down behind the jaw than is normal for a human. The book is published by Barnes and Noble Books of New York and is copyrighted 1996 and 1997. From personal observation: I grew up about ten miles northwest of Reno less than ten miles from the California border. My father was a geologist working with the mining industry in the area. On any given weekend from spring to fall we camped in the Sierras or explored the surrounding area looking for minerals, fossils, and Indian artifacts. Several times we visited Virginia City, Nevada, an area of historical interest to my father. I can swear to you that from 1969 until at least 1976 the Mark Twain Museum had on display three skeletons in a pit. Two were approximately seven feet tall and the third smaller. They were intact, had tatters of mummified skin and red hair, and were reported to have been found by miners in a cave near Lovelock, Nevada. These three skeletons are not mentioned in Dr. Shuker's book, but I assume that they were from the find he cites. I visited the Mark Twain Museum in 1992 for the first time in several years. The skeletons were no longer on display, though you could see where the pit had been. I assumed that the local tribal organizations had demanded that they be reburied. You'd have to ask the family that runs the museum where the skeletons are now. My father, by phone between paragraphs, had this to say when I asked him about the skeletons: "Oh those! Yeah, they were real. Old Charlie Steen had one of the skulls that he used for an ashtray (Charlie Steen made a $115 million prospecting for uranium then went bankrupt)." My father further stated that it was more or less simply accepted that there used to be a tribe of red-haired, seven foot tall Indians in Nevada that are now extinct. He also mentioned that the Paiute's have a legend of a race of giant people that used to inhabit the area. Kyle's website recorded some of this as well. So here's an example of some giant skeletons, found and tucked away in various museums, treated as a curiosity, and never fully investigated by qualified professionals. The skull in Winnemucca is only a few hours from you. The artifacts in Reno only a couple of hours further, and the Virginia City skeletons less than an hour beyond that. The Lovelock Cave is between Winnemucca and Reno. Dr. Meldrum, you, I believe are probably closest in proximity to these remains and qualified to evaluate them. I'd love to hear the results of your investigation. I'll send you an abbreviated list of my qualifications by personal e-mail so you can further evaluate whether or not my word is cause for action. I'm not an anthropologist but I am a qualified observer. Jim
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 708

Latitude: +040˚ 54' N
Longitude: 119˚ 03' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR79
Credibility: 1
Locality: Black Rock Desert
Researcher: Rod Cusic
Witness: JUDGE

Summary: BF SEEN CLIMBING CLIFF

Sighting Text:
NV PERSHING MISG TR#79 40 54 N 119 03W Also was told by Rod Cusic of a judge they met while in Gerlock, NV, that reported seeing a Bigfoot climbing a cliff in the Black Rock Desert, in northwestern Nev.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting