Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) ASHTABULA COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:19 am 
MABRC Organizational Member

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 1117 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 05, 2001.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daytime sighting by two witnesses, near Geneva, at the end of Timberwoods Rd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: December

DATE: 28

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Ashtabula County

LOCATION DETAILS: Directions:
Off of Interstate 90 head south on Rt. 534 to Cork Cold Springs Rd. Once on Cork Cold Springs head east to Windsor Mechanicsville. On Windsor Mechanicsville head north to Country View ln. On Country View head east to Timberwoods. Once on Timberwoods go to the end of the road, it dead ends. Past the dead end is large patch of woods. That is where the sighting occured.

NEAREST TOWN: Geneva

NEAREST ROAD: Timberwoods Rd.

OBSERVED: Me and a friend were shoveling snow in our driveway when we noticed two sets of strange barefooted footprints with about a three foot separation between each step. We both thought it was a little strange that someone would walk in the snow barefooted. We started to follow the tracks into the woods. We walked about thirty yards from the drive on the tracks and started to hear a faint banging. As we got closer we could see two greyish figures. We couldn't tell what they were until we got closer. They were about eight feet in height and muscular. One was banging on a tree and the other was digging in the snow. We could smell them - it was very foul. When they noticed us the one banging on the tree let out a high pitch squeal like a train or a chainsaw. They both ran off into the woods.We thought it was a prank so we tried to follow them further but after a while we gave up. We don't know if it was real or not, but we reported anyway.

ALSO NOTICED: nope

OTHER WITNESSES: two, me and my friend who helped me write the report

OTHER STORIES: none

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was right before and during dawn, it was not snowing and the lighting conditions were resonable.

ENVIRONMENT: variaty of trees in the woods

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Kevin Withers:

For the sake of clarity, while preserving anonymity, I’ll refer to the two witnesses in this report as “P” and “D.” This sighting report was written and submitted by P, although the contact information he supplied on the report was for his friend, D, for reasons I discovered later in my investigation.

I was able to reach D, and spoke at length with him about their sighting. He is a student at Kent State University, and was seventeen years old at the time of this encounter.

The footprints they saw that morning were about fifteen inches in length, with no visible toes; snow that had fallen after the prints had been made rendered them indistinct. The prints all appeared to have been made by one person or animal.

The two friends followed the footprints over a half mile into the woods when they began hearing a knocking noise, which they thought was a woodpecker. As they crested a small hill they saw, about 100 yards away, two white/gray colored creatures. Both creatures were facing away from the witnesses. One was pounding on the trunk of a thin tree - it would swing its arms in a sidearm fashion, hitting the tree with its fists, and then grab the tree trunk and shake it. The other was about ten feet away, standing but bent over at the waist, digging in the snow. The ground around them appeared to be disturbed - dirt had been dug up through the snow, and logs were turned over.

The witnesses watched the two creatures for about half a minute, then P tried to draw their attention by yelling and throwing sticks and rocks in their direction. The creature that was digging raised up, turned around, and spotted the two witnesses, and with a look of shock on its face, let out a scream. The one pounding on the tree turned around and saw the two witnesses, and then both of them ran off while making grunting sounds.

The creature that was pounding on the tree was estimated to be seven feet tall; the other one was about a foot shorter. They both had thick, “whitish gray” fur and brownish faces, palms and soles. They had big “Negroid” noses, black eyes, round heads with no necks, and no visible ears. The hair on their heads was a little longer than that on their bodies, hanging down to the tops of their shoulders. The creature that had been bending over digging in the snow had a backside that was darker colored than the rest of its body.

The witnesses watched the creatures for about ten seconds as they ran away. P wanted to follow them, and indeed started to go, but D was frightened and began heading back to the house. P quickly decided that discretion was the better part of valor and broke off the chase, turning and running after his friend.

P and D reported this incident to P’s mother, who “flipped out.” She took her son to a doctor and forced him to take a drug test, which he passed. She later took him to a psychiatrist who told him that the encounter “didn’t happen,” but P did not give up his belief in what he had seen.

P’s mother began discouraging further visits by D, and the two friends eventually drifted apart. They finally lost all contact when P moved to San Diego.

I considered making an attempt to track down and interview P about the sighting, but decided against it. After hearing about P’s mother’s reaction to being told about this encounter, it was apparent to me why P put his friend’s phone number and e-mail address on the report instead of his own. Any attempt to contact P about this report would run the risk of reopening old wounds and causing more trouble between P and his mother.

Many people who encounter bigfoot find it to be a frightening, life changing experience. One psychologist has said that PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) is not an uncommon result of these encounters. D revealed to me that he suffers from nightmares because of what he saw. It’s tragic that these people, rather than being treated in a way that would help minimize the impact of what they’ve been through, are instead laughed at, called liars or lunatics, and sometimes find their jobs are in jeopardy.

The profound effect that bigfoot sightings have on witnesses, and the fear of ridicule by friends and family, make it likely that only a small percentage of bigfoot sightings are ever reported.

There are a few discrepancies between P’s report and D’s description of what happened. However, this is not uncommon when more than one person witness the same event. D came across as sincere and believable, and the way he explained these discrepancies when I brought them to his attention, along with certain details he gave me about the sighting, added credibility to his testimony.

During the interview D also mentioned that there had been large rocks moved from one side of P's dirt driveway to the other, and that a neighbor had lost hunting dogs, later finding them dead in the woods with twisted necks.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) ASHTABULA COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:20 am 

Quote:
Report # 4201 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Mike on Saturday, July 31, 1999.
Sighting by motorist along Route 6

YEAR: 1999

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

LOCATION DETAILS: In a remote part of Northeastern Ohio while driving to Pennsylvania on route 6 near the state border

NEAREST ROAD: Route 6

OBSERVED: I saw a dark shadow and at first thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but when I looked again I saw the outline of a Large man, but covered with hair. It was standing near the edge of the woods and at first I thought it was a statue. When I slowed down and looked closely it started to move backwards taking small steps, this really frightened me bacause even though I was in a car and it was moving away, I realized then what it was and that this thing was very much alive. The only way I can guess its height was buy looking at the pine trees he was standing near and I would say this creature had to be about upper 6 foot, maybe close to 7. With the broadest shoulders I have ever seen. If it was someone in a suit it was someone that should be playing pro basketball, not standing along the edge of the woods. I was close like 50 feet away from this thing at one point and it was early in the morning. I watched until it went so deep that I could not see it anymore, it turned around though and started walking at a better clip after I slowed down and watched for a while. I have not told anyone and never reported it, but when I was younger I believed in Bigfoot, but now I am 26 and was very skeptical the last few years knowing that this thing if it existed would need hundreds of square miles of remote area to be out of sight of people and I did not think anything in Ohio could accomadate that. Maybe out west it's more thinkable, but Ohio does not even have a resident Black bear or Bobcat poppulation. Could this mammal be so intelligent and elusive that it could remain in our modern world? Does it bury its dead?....I mean somebody find out whats going on with this. Because not all these reports on here can be fake, I know what I saw!

OTHER WITNESSES: I was driving in the morning like maybe 9:00am just light enough to see clearly, but the sun was not up to high over this area of woods, hence the shadow. I was by myself unfortunately. Would have loved a second set of eyes near me!

TIME AND CONDITIONS: In the last week of May 1999 as I was driving from Geauga county to Reading, PA.

ENVIRONMENT: It was one of those real thick pine forests, but not real big just one of those patchy areas that turn up in the middle of Oaks, Maples, and Birch. Alot of northeastern Ohio is like that and just gets more like that when you get into the hardwood pines of the mountains of Pennsylvania. The elevation was around 1000-1100 feet I would imagine slightly rolling but seemed like a high flat area.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 am 

Quote:
Report # 4200 (Class A)
Submitted by Marc A. DeWerth on Monday, December 07, 1998.
Late night sighting by motorists on Austin Road in Geneva

YEAR: 1991

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

LOCATION DETAILS: Ashtabula County, Ohio. The sighting took place on Austin Road between State Route 84 and Maple Street in the town of Geneva, Ohio.

NEAREST TOWN: Geneva

NEAREST ROAD: Austin Road

OBSERVED: While driving south down Austin Road between Maple Street and State Route 84, a mother and son had just passed the "Welcome to Geneva, Ohio" sign. All of a sudden, from the right side of the road a very large hair covered animal walked across the road in plain view of there headlights. They could see it from the neck down and estimated it was no more than 150 feet away. Both witness's said they could see its left arm swinging as it walked and it took only 2 1/2 steps to cross the road She said it was dark in color while he thought it more closer to be dark brown. Estimated height was 8 feet tall and the creature appeared very ‘Bulky' from the side view. Other than her husband, Catherine has never told anyone in fear of ridicule. She contacted me via Ray Crowe, Don Keating and the Internet. They thought they were the only two people ever to see a Bigfoot in Ohio so they kept it very quiet.

(Investigators note: It took me almost 9 steps to cross the road at the same location)

Report published in the December, 1998 issue of the Monthly Bigfoot Report.

OTHER WITNESSES: The mother was driving her son home from a friends house.

OTHER STORIES: Nothing that the witnesses know about.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: July, 1991 around 10:30PM.

ENVIRONMENT: The area consists of 3rd generation deciduous forest with a small amount of pine species mixed within. A small creek flows through the area and eventually empties into Lake Erie. A few ravines were noted close to the area. The closest landmarks to the north is the,"Welcome to Geneva, Ohio" sign and a small trailer park. To the south, there is a set of
railroad tracks about a 1/2 mile away from the sighting location. As of today, the area is starting to be developed with scattered homes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:22 am 

Quote:
Report # 4837 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, August 22, 2002.
Rabbit hunter witness's a massive creature running through the woods

YEAR: 1976

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: Interstate 90 to State Route 84 to Stanhope Kellogsville Road

NEAREST TOWN: Monroe Township

NEAREST ROAD: Stanhope Kellogsville

OBSERVED: During rabbit season in 1976 myself and four other went hunting just off Stanhope Kellogsville Road. It was one of the worst days to go hunting. It was snowing and unbelievably cold. We had been in the woods a couple of hours when I got seperated from the rest of the hunting party. The next thing I remember is a very loud sound like a freight train coming threw the woods. All I got was a five-second look at what ever it was it was. It was huge in size and running on two feet full steam ahead. There was no one else around. I do believe they were in front of me by a hundred yards. I told them about it when I caught up too them and they just laughed and said it was a deer. It was no deer and I have been hunting for 26 years. I have never been so scared in my life even though I stood there with a loaded shot gun.

OTHER WITNESSES: None, they were a hundred yards in front of me.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was early morning. It was snowing pretty hard. Very dense woods all around.

ENVIRONMENT: Dense woods, a few ridges, ponds, and a few houses with farms.

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness added that it must have weighed 800 pounds....as big as a Moose. He told dad but he said it was probably just a big deer. The creature was Dark brown in color and was close to eight foot tall if not bigger. The word massive kept coming out of his mouth. He still hunts today but is very leery going into woods by himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 44262 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, February 15, 2014.
Possible daylight sighting by a couple at Geneva-on-the-Lake State Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2014

MONTH: February

DATE: February 15

NEAREST TOWN: Geneva-on-the-Lake

NEAREST ROAD: Lake Rd

OBSERVED: On February 15th, 2014 at approximately 4 pm my wife, 2 children and I were driving into Geneva State Park. It had been frigid cold and we wanted to see how frozen over the lake and marina were. At the corner of Padinarum and Lake Road I jokingly asked my daughter if she had “passed gas”…..I was told NO!! My wife made a comment that the really bad smell was coming from outside. We often times drive through the State Park watching for wildlife. We drove slowly through the marina parking lot and stopped for just a few moments. We noticed there was one truck in the parking lot and two others pulled closer to the lake. They appeared to all belong to the same snow removal service as they were out of their trucks talking to one another. As we were pulling out maybe 10 minutes later we were approaching the first curve just outside of the parking lot and I noticed something walking about 50 to 60 yards from the road and it was moving in an easterly direction. My first thought was it was a person. I told my wife to stop and she too saw it. She said it was furry but at the angle I was looking I was unable to make out anything except a very dark figure that “seemed” tall and was definitely walking on two legs. My wife later told me that she saw arms swaying. In an instant it was GONE!!! I got out of the vehicle and walked about 40 yards in. I was unable to spot any sign that would make me think it was anything but a person. Although, being that the temperature was 15 degrees with a feel like temp in the low single digits I wondered why anyone would be out in this weather. There was also heavy snow on the ground. I did see some snowmobile tracks but we always drive through the park with the windows down and nobody in the family had heard any engines at all!! I returned to the vehicle and we drove a short distance to Crabapple Picnic Area parking lot. We pulled all the way around the large lot and stopped just about 20 yds from the exit and stopped the van. My wife shut the van off and we told the kids to be quiet. My wife asked me to whoop or mimic a Bigfoot yell. I whooped once……nothing. I waited about a whole minute and let out three large whoops. Something whooped back!!!!!!! In a 5 min span of time we heard 2 distinct whoops, 1 scream, and two wood knocks.(We did NOT do any wood knocks at all) We did NOT see anything else though. It was difficult to control the excitement in the vehicle. I am certainly NOT saying that my wife and I had seen a Bigfoot, but we did see a bipedal “something” and heard some very distinct noises, and finally smelled something really nasty. I hope that if anyone else had any type of sighting in and around this area they would come forward and share it. OR….if someone KNOWS they were walking in that area at about that time, that would be nice to know too.

OTHER WITNESSES: Myself, my wife, my daughter (9) my son (7)

OTHER STORIES: There was a sighting in Geneva last year.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 4 PM. Good lighting with heavy snow on the ground. Temp was 15 with a feel like temp in the low single digits.

ENVIRONMENT: Near swamp and hardwood forest. Very close to Lake Erie inside Geneva State Park

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mark Maisel:

I spoke to the witnesses by phone and found them to be credible.

The following can be added to this report. The husband estimates that the snow pack that day was between eighteen to twenty four inches deep. He noticed the animal was walking bipedally. It was uniformly dark, except for the head area that was lighter. After circling the van to check the area out, he proceeded into the woods about forty yards. He states that they saw the animal in the woods at a distance of more than fifty yards. The woods are somewhat open, and not dense. They marked the distance because of a fallen tree. The snow acted as a contrast to the woods at that time.

I spoke to the wife about this incident and the following can added. She was the driver of the vehicle and after seeing the animal, backed up, then stopped when her husband noticed the animal in the woods. She describes it as very large, black in color, she also noticed a leg as it moved, its arm, back and back of the head. She did not notice a neck, she watched it as it took two steps and did not see it anymore. This lasted about ten seconds. She then finished pulling around the bend, she stopped the vehicle and waited as her husband went into the woods. She only noticed silence at this point.

The husband made a whoop at this time and received two replies, wood knocks and then a growl. Everyone in the van heard the vocalizations and knocks, as the windows were down.

They went back to the original spot, she did a whoop and did not receive a reply. No bird or animal noises were noted at this time.

They returned the next day to the sighting location, no smell was noticed. They were better dressed to go into the woods. They brought a friend with them and he accompanied her husband further into the woods, the wife stayed in the vehicle during this foray. The terrain to get back to the woods was difficult because of the snow. Snowmobile tracks, human and other animals prints were noted. At this point he was doubting the experience until he and his friend found prints that he was not expecting. They took only pictures of one print. The prints that they came across were single file, they are twenty two inches in length. This was approximately thirty yards from Cowles creek. Nothing else was noticed at this time.

I spoke to the gentleman who was with the couple when they went back to the location. I found him credible. He states that he has never seen tracks like this and that they were not snow shoes. He also stated that they had toes. He found a couple of prints coming from the creek. He lost the tracks before the bridge and not able to find any more. This was approximately ten yards from the bridge. All of the prints that he observed were consistent with the pictures, and that they were not double prints. He estimated the width at the heel at about five inches. They did a size comparison with this witness who is six foot three and weighs three hundred eighty pounds. They said it was much tall and broader than him. They did not go farther into the woods because of a man walking his two dogs.

Attachment:
44262-1.jpg
44262-1.jpg [ 66.33 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]

Possible print from area of sighting.

Attachment:
44262-2.jpg
44262-2.jpg [ 38.62 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]

Same print which was measured. It is twenty two inches.

This area has had sightings in the past, Cowles Creek heads to the south. The state park is used as a day area. A dead fish was noted on a road with its head missing on the second visit. Several ponds and small lakes are nearby as well as farms.

About BFRO Investigator Mark Maisel:

Mark Maisel is employed in the medical field in Ohio. He has attended the following expeditions: West Virginia, New York Adirondacks, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and North Carolina. Expedition organizer of the 2009 Ohio expedition and assisting with both of Eastern Ohio's in 2012 and Michigan UP 2012. Attended WV 2013

Profile Personal album