Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) CLARK COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 1756 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, February 14, 2001.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deer Hunter sees large, bipedal, fur covered man-like critter run by in early morning encounter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 24 Nov 2000

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Clark County

LOCATION DETAILS: (edited)

NEAREST TOWN: Donnelsville or Enon, Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: Lower Valley Pike

OBSERVED: Late Nov 2000, in Clark County, during the Ohio deer gun season, after Thanksgiving, an overcast rainy turn to snow day, early morning hours about 45 minutes before legal deer gun season hours, on a friends farm. My daughter's boyfriend, his Dad, and I were hunting the south end of the field in the woods (about 75-100 yds thick) along the north side of Mad River. We got the boy settled in (his first deer gun hunting trip), me and his Dad went back out to the edge of the field and walked east along the edge of the trees to where we would be sitting about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the boy, to the east along the river edge. When we had gone about 100 yards east from the boy, his Dad and I heard a loud crack like something had broken a stick on the ground while moving away from us along the creek in the trees. We couldn't tell what it was and passed it off as scaring up a deer which we occasionally do going in before light. Later at lunch, the boy said something very big ran westward very fast between him and the creek, about 30 yds away in the dark, and turned north-west up the western edge of the field then stopped about 50 yds away from him, waited a few minutes, then continued on NW at a walk towards Donnels Creek and the fields beyond. His Dad got a deer on the southeast corner of the field within 1 hour of the opener that morning, turned out in the dark and wet, he sat down amongst a small deer herd (about 8 deer) bedded there. When the boy said something big ran past him fast, I originally thought it a deer. I didn't find out till later when we were hunting back there again, that it was bipedal, big and fur covered and dark gray to dark brown coloring. He said it scared him so much he almost didn't want to go out again hunting but since this was his first year he kept his mouth shut until I later asked him about what he saw. The ground was wet and soft on the top so prints might have been possible, though I didn't go back to check.

ALSO NOTICED: Nothing else was heard or smelled, etc.

OTHER WITNESSES: The boy saw it, his Dad and I heard it running. The boy was sitting quietly in the dark waiting until hunting hours started.

OTHER STORIES: I never realized that these were in other states of the US outside of the Northwest. I had heard of these sighting in mid Michigan, but not Ohio until I had seen one. A friend, a local naturalist and photographer, said "oh yeah, the Wildman of Enon" a legend of the area. I had 2 other sightings also in Clark County. The boy who saw the creature had one other sighting in Clark County (ref my report dated fall of 98).

TIME AND CONDITIONS: An overcast rainy turn to snow day, dark early morning hours about 45 minutes before legal deer gun season hours.

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded Creek Bottom on Mad River, surrounded by agricultural fields. Enon Gravel Pits to the east.

Follow-up investigation report:

This report was submitted by a person other than the primary witness. However, I have spoken with the witness, and am posting as a class A.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) CLARK COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm 

Quote:
Report # 1755 (Class A)
Driver sees a tall (about 7-8ft), fur covered biped along roadside

YEAR: 2000

MONTH: October

NEAREST TOWN: Enon, Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: Snider Rd

OBSERVED: Late Oct 2000, fall weather but jacket needed, about 1030-1100 pm, my wife and I were driving back home from her sister's house north of Donnelsville, driving south on Snider Rd. Just as I came over the small bridge over the drainage ditch headed south toward the RR tracks, I saw a tall (about 7-8ft), large fur covered biped, standing about 15 ft east of the roadway near the tree line as if waiting to cross the street after we passed. The fields are slightly lower than the roadway, and it's head was higher than mine in my old pickup that rides 6 ft high. It was dark in color, broad shoulders, no neck, fur covered head to toe. I didn't tell my wife until we were home because I did't want to scare her. It sent shivers up and down my neck, and actually I felt sort of funny like something was strange before I actually got to the bridge, you know like something is going to happen or someone is watching you when you are alone in the woods. I tried to look back through my mirrors but couldn't make out anything in the dark, even though there was a little moon-light.

ALSO NOTICED: It sent shivers up and down my neck, and actually I felt sort of funny like something was strange before I actually got to the bridge, you know like something is going to happen or someone is watching you when you are alone in the woods. It was very still, no noises or other vehicles, or anything.

OTHER WITNESSES: No other witnesses other than myself.

OTHER STORIES: I never realized that these were in other states of the US outside of the Northwest. I had heard of these sighting in mid Michigan, but not Ohio until I had seen one. A friend, a local naturalist and photographer, said "oh yeah, the Wildman of Enon" a legend of the area. I and friend had 3 other sightings also in Clark County. This was my second sighting in Clark County (reference my report from Sept 93 in Clark County).

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Late Oct 2000, fall weather but jacket needed, about 1030-1100 pm.
Some moon-light, no precipitation.

ENVIRONMENT: Along a wooded creek that runs into the Mud Run Creek and finally into the Mad River. The area is flat and agricultural surrounding the site. A ridge and Mud Run Creek parallel the ditch to the south, about 1/2-3/4 mile away.

Also check reports 1756, 1750, and 1751.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:39 pm 

Quote:
Report # 1751 (Class A)
Latenight encounter while camping, then morning vocalizations heard

YEAR: 1998

MONTH: October

NEAREST TOWN: Enon, Ohio, Clark County

NEAREST ROAD: State Route 444

OBSERVED: This was related to me by my daughter's boyfriend. In the fall of 1998, on the wooded ridge running east west just south of our housing area, Mud Run Creek lies in our platt just below the ridge. It was a dark night and early morning, fall but warm weather so no coats needed. The boyfriend, his Dad, and a younger cousin were camping up on the ridge. The boys were about 13 and 8 years old at the time. At about 0200 to 0300, the two boys got out of the tent to go to the bathroom and noticed something moving just in the shadows in a pine and cedar clump of trees about 50 ft away from their campsite. Both boys saw the movement, then asked each other if the other had seen something. They had both seen it. It moved around in the shadows, and stood watching them at about 30 ft but they could only see the dark shape outlined near a tree. He said it looked about 7 ft tall and big, standing on two feet like a man, but looked fur covered as much as they could make out in the dark. They were scared so went back in the tent, but didn't sleep much. Later that morning, about 0600, they were startled upright when they heard a weird howling some ways off to the west down the ridge. His family are outdoors people so he goes on hunts and he knows the sound of dogs or coyotes. He said it wasn't dog or coyote.

ALSO NOTICED: The howling several hundred yards away down the ridge, at about 0600 am.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses; camping in tent, awoke to relieve themselves and saw creature lurking about 30 to 50 ft away.

OTHER STORIES: I never realized that these were in other states of the US outside of the Northwest. I had heard of these sighting in mid Michigan, but not Ohio until I had seen one. A friend, a local naturalist and photographer, said "oh yeah, the Wildman of Enon" a legend of the area. We had 3 other sightings also in Clark County.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 0200 to 0600 am, fall, little moon-light, warm evening, no jackets required, no rain, etc

ENVIRONMENT: Top of a flood plain ridge, on flat land surrounded by farm fields and wooded edges, Mud Run Creek runs east and west, parallel below the ridge.

This report is the same witness and submitter as in report #1756.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:41 pm 

Quote:
Report # 1750 (Class A)
Large furry head about 12" by 18" looked in the back door.

YEAR: 1993

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: September

LOCATION DETAILS: Donnels Creek runs north and south, paralleling North Hampton Rd. (edited)

NEAREST TOWN: Donnelsville, Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: North Hampton Rd

OBSERVED: In late Aug or early Sep 1993, about 1000 to 1100 pm, an unidentified large furry head (filled roughly 75% of the window measuring 20" by 30", so estimate the head size at about 12" by 18") looked in the back door of my wife's sister's house. My wife, her sister, me, my daughter, and sister-in-law's daughter, all saw it. We hadn't realized what we had seen at first. When we saw it, we quickly let out their big dog and went outside where I immediately stepped into a big pile of fresh scat (looked and had texture similar to bear scat) and the area smelled sort of like a skunk was around the area. The night was warm and no jackets were needed. I don't remember much moon-light because it was very dark outside the glow of the small porch light. The animal head we saw looked sort of like a primates, a large head with 4-6 inches of long silvery or gray hair but I don't recall much detail of the nose or mouth at the time, only a huge head that filled the window of the door. It looked in for only about three seconds, until we all had looked back at it and it apparently left. It would have had to bend over to look in the window, since it was on the porch and the window is at the standard height. I didn't think to look into the trees, but the odor was still very present. We looked around, the girls yelling as if to scare away the intruder saying they would call the police. I knew, after stepping in the scat, it was an animal and after gathering my thoughts, felt it better to get the family inside. Also because the scat pile was fairly large, 6-7 inches diameter and about 3 inches high, thought it was a large animal but also knew from the head it was large. My father in law is 225 lbs., 5' 10" and his head was only half as big as this. We didn't see or hear anything else. I didn't think to get a sample of the scat or look for footprints.

ALSO NOTICED: The strong odor of something like a cross between a bear, a skunk, and sour garbage. Also, the large pile of scat left just off the porch.

OTHER WITNESSES: 5 witnesses; we were talking and laughing around the kitchen table in plain sight of the back door window

OTHER STORIES: I never realized that these were in other states of the US outside of the Northwest. I had heard of these sighting in mid Michigan, but not Ohio until I had seen one. A friend, a local naturalist and photographer, said "oh yeah, the Wildman of Enon" a legend of the area. I and friend had 3 other sightings since also in Clark County.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1000 to 1100 pm, late summer, little moon-light so dark outside of porch light glow, warm evening, no jackets required, no rain, etc

ENVIRONMENT: creek bottom, hard woods, trees only 15 ft from the house.

This witness has also filed reports 1751, 1755, and 1756.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 pm 

Quote:
Report # 1018 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, December 31, 2000.
A man driving stops to watch a hair covered creature walk across a cornfield

YEAR: 1988-1989

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: November

DATE: Thanksgiving Day 1989

LOCATION DETAILS: From South Vienna take State Route 40 west to Buena Vista Rd, turn right and it's less than a mile down on the right.

NEAREST TOWN: South Vienna

NEAREST ROAD: Buena Vista and State Route 40

OBSERVED: Well, there is actually two incidents I would like to tell you about. The first being the sounds I heard while night fishing with three other people. It was between 10 PM and midnight, we were fishing on the bank of a local lake. Out of know where we all heard this blood curling scream. It was a scream that none of us could identify. Just after the scream we heard what sounded like large pieces of wood being thrown through the woods. Then, we could heard what sounded like something very large running through the woods knocking down trees as it went. Well needless to say we packed up quick and got out of there

The second incident happened the following year on Thanksgiving Day. On the way back from rabbit hunting I was driving along looking for deer in the open cornfields when something in the distance caught my attention. I stopped my truck to get a better look and witnessed a large dark form walking through the corn stubble field heading towards the woodline. It was probably about 1/8 to 1/4 mile away. It was walking upright like a man but I could tell it was covered with dark hair that was either dark brown or black in color. When I realized what I had just seen I jumped back in my car and headed home. This incident took place less than a mile from where we heard the noises the year before night fishing. Most people I told about these incidents think I'm crazy or delusional. After seeing it walking in the field I finally know what was making the noises the year before.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The first incident was between 10 PM and midnight. There was a full moon out and the stars were visible. It was a typical summer night.
The second incident took place close to 10 AM. It was pretty clear out with a real lite snow falling.

ENVIRONMENT: Cornfield with thick woods on the back and side edges.

The witness added that during the scream incident something big was crashing through the forest. They all agreed they never heard anything like it and quickly left the area. One thing that stood out for him during his sighting was the sheer size of the animal walking in the cornfield. Even at 200+ yards off the road it looked real big.