Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) DEFIANCE COUNTY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 am 

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 2902 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, July 27, 2001.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man in boat spotting deer witnesses a three to four foot tall biped walking on a log followed by a scream
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 24

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Defiance County

LOCATION DETAILS: It's the first small island west of the State Route 66 bridge.

NEAREST TOWN: Defiance

NEAREST ROAD: State Route 66

OBSERVED: I live in Defiance, Ohio along the Auglaize River. I was going upriver in my rowboat (with a motor) while the river was flooded. I like to go out to see if I can spot deer. I got a mile or so upriver and was rounding a bend in the river where there are lots of trees piled up from floods. I saw a glimpse of what looked like a small Bigfoot, three or four feet in height. It walked up a log and disappeared over the pile of trees, just then I looked to my right and saw three deer standing there looking at me. I jokingly said to the deer, did you see that? Just when I started to speak I heard a scream that would curdle milk. I just sat there fighting the current watching the deer. They started looking around trying to see what made the noise. For the heck of it I started talking to see if it would happen again. It did, only louder and longer than before. The deer took off and I did to. I have lived on the river my whole life and have never heard that before. Since then I have spotted what seems to be the same creature watching me while I was sitting in a lagoon off the river. It's a good spot to see wildlife. The creature I've seen is small, only three to four feet tall, and is always in the shadows where I can't get a good look at it.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was in the evening, the sun was real low. It was getting dark but I could still see.

ENVIRONMENT: Swampy, rocky, wooded area. This used to be the great Black Swamp.

Follow-up investigation report:

** Investigation by S.P. of Ohio **

The witness added that he recollects the date so well because it was the day before his birthday. While he only was able to glimpse the creature, he was certain that it was not a human but that it did walk quickly up the log on two feet. He was not able to describe a color except that it was dark. The distance during his first observation was approximately 30 yards. The other times he would catch a glimpse of it that summer looking at him, it would hide well and always be in the shadows and deadfall along the river. He never saw it after that short period of a few months in 1998, though he still explores the river. It was the scream the witness heard that had the greatest impact and caused him to flee. The second scream was loud and long, well in excess of anything a person could make.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) DEFIANCE COUNTY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 am 

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 4556 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Terry Ramey on Wednesday, August 27, 1997.
Midnight sighting by motorist on Coy Rd

YEAR: 1977

SEASON: Unknown

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Defiance County

LOCATION DETAILS: This happened on Coy rd. in Defiance Co. about two miles south of Ney, Ohio

NEAREST TOWN: Ney

NEAREST ROAD: Coy

OBSERVED: While traveling at 55-60 mph I saw what appeared to be a tall being covered with brown hair. It was standing in a ditch beside a cement bridge that was about two to three feet above the road. The being's head was about another two to three feet above that. I estimated that the being would have stood eight to nine foot tall.

ALSO NOTICED: The next morning at about 10:00 AM, I went back because I wanted to make sure that I had not just seen weeds sticking up. The site was clear, no tall weeds or anything that would or could have been what I’d saw. I did not think about checking for track at that time

OTHER WITNESSES: I had just got off work

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around Midnight.

ENVIRONMENT: The being was standing in a ditch that ran though a 8-10 acre woods. the woods are about 50 feet off the road. on the other side of the road is open farmland. there are houses a1/4 mile on either side of the ditch. the farm to the north has a barn within 100 feet of the ditch.