Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO ORLEANS COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:54 pm 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 11688 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, May 12, 2005. Husband and wife see animal near garbage dump
YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 01/15/2003

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Orleans County

LOCATION DETAILS: If you live around there you know right where that is

NEAREST TOWN: Kuckville

NEAREST ROAD: rt 279 and Kendrick Rd and Rt 18

OBSERVED: Hi, in the end of Jan. 2003 my wife and I were spotlighting for deer and coyotes in Waterport NY. We were driving my 4x4 truck through the apple orchards. The lane went through a large hedge row with a small stream in it. When we got to the other side we spot-lighted along the woods. About 75 to 100 yards there is an old spot they use to dump garbage. There was something standing next to the old fridge. I have hunted these woods since I was a little boy and never had seen anything like this. Its belly was about the top of an almost 6 foot tall fridge. I know it was an animal because its eyes reflected in the spotlight. It looked almost like a bear standing on its hind feet but there is no bears in this part of the state. As we sat there trying to figure out what it was it started to turn and walk into the woods. Wince we didn't have any weapons on us we just got the hell out of there.

ALSO NOTICED: Too freaked out to go back and look.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and my wife.

OTHER STORIES: Some weird noises at night People say its coyotes but I hunt coyotes I've never heard them sound like that.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Between 2am and 3am.

ENVIRONMENT: On the edge of large woods in the apple orchards 1/2 mile from state park ( country )

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Paul J. Mateja:

Spoke with witness by telephone:
- He grew up in the area and knows it very well.
- He could not be specific as to dates, times, or weather conditions other than it was a very cold night. It was cold enough to keep them in the truck instead of going outside to hunt coyotes.
-They only caught a glimpse of the creature for about two seconds. When he shined the light on it, it turned and walked into the woods.
- He described the creature as about eight feet tall (possibly nine feet) using the estimated height of an old refrigerator for scale. The body was covered with hair that appeared to be two to three inches long.
- He does not believe it was a bear because black bears are very rare for the area he hunts in. Also, a bear even when standing on its hind legs would not be as tall. The creature he saw had long legs, not the short legs of a bear.
- Other times, when out hunting, he has heard odd vocalizations, somewhat like a coyote caught in a trap but with more power. This past hunting season he had seen eye shine that he could not explain. It was located several feet off the ground next to a tree. The eyes were not in the tree but appeared as if something was standing off to the side.
- The witness does believe he saw a bigfoot. However, he is a bit puzzled. He has hunted this area since he was a boy and has never seen any tracks especially in the winter with snow on the ground. He speculated that bigfoot may attempt to cover their tracks by moving through heavy brush.

About BFRO Investigator Paul J. Mateja:

Paul is a network administrator and systems analyst/programmer for the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, NY. In addition, Paul and his wife Teresa own and operate a small organic farm in western New York State. He has attended the folowing expeditions: New Mexico (Jicarilla), New York (Adirondacks), Pennsylvania (Michaux). Will be attending the upcoming BFRO expeditions in West Virginia and the New York Adirondacks Mountains.

Paul is organizing the 2008 Pennsylvania Expedition.

Post subject: Re: BFRO ORLEANS COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:55 pm 

Quote:
Report # 7939 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, February 06, 2004. Powerful vocalizations heard near town of Albion, NY
YEAR: 2002

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: Late August

LOCATION DETAILS: The incident took place right in town, but being so early in the morning it was dead quiet; no traffic noise, no wind, nothing.

NEAREST TOWN: Albion

NEAREST ROAD: West State Street

OBSERVED: The town of Albion is small, there are woods, fields & streams just on the outskirts of town. With the time being around 2:00am in the morning, there were no sounds of any traffic or industrial sounds. The weather was excellent; no clouds, not the slightest breeze. My girlfriend and I had turned in for bed at around 1:30-1:45 am. We were talking to each other, just little chit chat when we both heard a far off howl/moan! At that time of night and that there was no wind to disturb the trees and hamper what we heard, it sounded like it came from the south maybe a mile or a mile and a half. The sound started low and kept going up in pitch for about 5 seconds. We both looked at each other and said "What the hell was that?!" Now what really freaked us out is that it did it again, only at around 6-7 seconds! It was like, "Ooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh-----"
Now I consider myself an excellent observer with a very keen ear. I can hear things that most people either don't, or just overlook. What we heard was NOT anything mechanical nor was it a whistle. It sounded like it traveled over some distance; not like it was down the street. I am very fimiliar with all kinds of traffic noises that are associated with small towns. Even before we had heard it, we both had noticed how silent it was for quite some time.
After the howl/moan, there was an echo. The sound went up in scale and didn't go down like a siren or anything like that. It wasn't a cry for help or a wolf nor any coyote (I have heard a coyote three times, once from only 200 yards)

ALSO NOTICED: I have heard of a sighting near Clarendon which is 8 miles away that took place 10 years ago.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just my girlfriend and I

OTHER STORIES: I have never heard this type of noise before or since as we still live in the same town.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:00 a.m. It was very warm. There was no wind. It was a clear night.

ENVIRONMENT: The weather was clear. No wind, not even the slightest breeze; like a dead calm.

I initially spoke with Eric on 11/09/2004. He was very eager to speak with me and since this incident occurred has become very interested in Bigfoot/Sasquatch.

The vocalizations were very powerful and emanated from an area south of town, perhaps one mile away. He could not associate the sound with an animal or bird, nor was it mechanical in nature, such as from a train or firehouse siren.

The area in question is very near similar reports from Murray, NY and Clarendon, NY. The Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge is approximately 15 miles southwest and may offer suitable habitat to support a small family group.

Eric also stated that his fiancée’s sons had a very recent sighting, which left them shaken. The two boys are 11 and 14 years old. They both had seen a large figure walking across a field at a distance of 150 yards. At first they thought it was a hunter. Then, they noticed it appeared to be covered with long fur. The youngest boy called out and the figure stopped in mid-stride and looked at them. At this point the youngest became spooked and frightened and ran to the house. The older boy kept watching the figure as it continued to walk along a hedgerow for another 30 yards.

They described the creature to Eric as a little over six feet tall, very broad shoulders, and covered with dark brown/black fur. I have asked Eric if he could encourage the brothers to submit a report.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm 

Quote:
Report # 18122 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 07, 2007. Morning sighting by motorist at railroad crossing near Median
YEAR: 1997

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

DATE: 04/15/1997

LOCATION DETAILS: FARMING AREA, FIELDS, WOODS AND A SMALL STREAM OR CREEK RUNS THROUGH UP THE ROAD FURTHER FROM THE SIGHTING.

DIRECTIONS FROM BUFFALO...TAKE I-90 EAST TO PEMBROKE EXIT...GO NORTH ON RTE 77...GOES INTO RTE. 63 NORTH(ALABAMA)...TAKE 63 ALL THE WAY TO MEDINA,(ABOUT 30 MILES)TURN RIGHT ONTO RTE. 31A...ABOUT 5 MILES, HAMLET OF MILLVILLE, TURN LEFT ONTO DRESSER ROAD...WHICH RUNS BETWEEN THE TWO 31S'. TRACKS ARE ALMOST TO THE INTERSECTION FOR THE OTHER 31 (ABOUT 1 MILE).

NEAREST TOWN: MEDINA

NEAREST ROAD: DRESSER RD./RTE.31

OBSERVED: I WAS CROSSING THE RAILROAD TRACKS HEADING SOUTH, AND WHEN I LOOKED TO THE WEST OF THE TRACKS WHILE CROSSING, THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT LOOKED LIKE A BIGFOOT CROSSING THE TRACKS HEADING NORTH.

IT WAS TALL, HAD DARK HAIR (LOOKED KIND OF LONG OR SHAGGY)...ONE ARM SWAYING BACK AND FORTH AS IT WALKED.

I LIKE FLEW HOME AND LOCKED MY DOOR...I WAS REALLY SCARED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! TOLD MY HUSBAND ABOUT IT LATER THAT DAY, HE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY.

ALSO NOTICED: NONE THAT I AM AWARE OF...

OTHER WITNESSES: NO WITNESS...I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK, AND ALL ALONE!

OTHER STORIES: MY SON HAD CLAIMED, ABOUT 10 YEARS BEFORE MY INCIDENT, ABOUT 5 MILES FURTHER FROM THERE IN THE HAMLET OF KNOWLESVILLE, WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD, HE HAD GOTTEN UP EARLY ONE MORNING TO GO FISHING DOWN AT AN AREA THEY CALL WIDEWATERS, HAD HEADED DOWN THERE ON HIS BIKE, AND HAD SEEN A BIGFOOT AND HI-TAILED IT BACK HOME...AND OF COURSE I DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM, AND HE STILL TELLS HIS STORY TODAY.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: ABOUT 6:30 AM...WAS DAYLIGHT..AND CLEAR

ENVIRONMENT: BRUSH ALONG THE TRACKS...FIELD BEFORE BRUSH, AND WOODS BEHIND FIELD.

The witness does not recall the exact date the sighting occurred. She estimates the time of the sighing to be between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. because she was heading home from work.

The witness had stopped her vehicle at the rail crossing before crossing the tracks. As she looked to the west she saw a large, dark figure approximately 100 yards away. She at first thought it to be a bear but quickly realized that it could not because it was walking on two legs and, to her knowledge, there have never been bear sightings in the area.

The witness only viewed the animal for a couple of seconds. It had already crossed the tracks and was heading into a brush line that ran parallel with the railroad tracks. She described it as tall, entirely covered with long hair and one arm swung as it walked. She does not believed it looked at her nor could she discern other features given the distance and her state of fright and anxiety.

Later she realized that if the animal continued to walk in its direction of travel it would emerged from the brush line into an open field and then cross Rt 31 (aprox. 400 yards from the bush line, due North). Therefore, other people should have seen it from the highway. However, it is possible that the animal did not cross the field but walked along the brush line.

The Witness lives in the area, not far from the sighting. As recently as this past summer and fall she has heard strange vocalizations at night (11:00 p.m. and later) that she can not identify.

Paul is a network administrator and systems analyst/programmer for the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, NY. In addition, Paul and his wife Teresa own and operate a small organic farm in western New York State. He has attended the folowing expeditions: New Mexico (Jicarilla), New York (Adirondacks), Pennsylvania (Michaux). Will be attending the upcoming BFRO expeditions in West Virginia and the New York Adirondacks Mountains.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm 

Quote:
Report # 4799 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, August 11, 2002. Possible vocalizations heard by coon hunters near Clarendon
YEAR: 95-96

SEASON: Summer

DATE: 1995

LOCATION DETAILS: off of upper holley rd in clarendon new york near rt 237 know there is a stone quarry there

NEAREST TOWN: clarendon

NEAREST ROAD: upper holley rd

OBSERVED: while coon hunting a few years back me an my hunting partner heard a strange scream like we have never heard before we have heard bobcats,lynx almost anything that makes noise we have heard but on this one night we heard somthing neither of us can explain whatever it was. was about 75 yards away an within 5 seconds was about 200 yards away we dont know if there was more than one cause we never stuck around long enough to find out we high tailed it back to the truck we usually dont get scared were use to being out in the dark at night but whatever was makig that horrific noise was big ive heard some of the vocalizations you guys have recorded an the screams sound familiar to what we heard my buddy i dont think has told anyone about this an until know i havent either

ALSO NOTICED: yes whatever is was could move at a incredible speed an made alot of noise going thru the brush

OTHER WITNESSES: yes one my hunting partner he was standing next to me with gun in hand as we came near where we were gonna start hunting is when we heard the strange noise

OTHER STORIES: yes my brother claims he has seen somthing out in the same woods a few years prior he has never told anyone what he saw except me in fear that somone would make fun of him actually i didnt belive him either at first until i heard the strange noises he said whatever it was was about as tall as him was on 2 feet with a reddish tint to its fur.. he said that it ran in front of him on the trail stoped looked at him made a funny noise an contiuned into the woods

TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was about 11pm at night dark,clear no wind could hear everything very well

ENVIRONMENT: alot of pines dense woods with a few creeks an marshes some open fields

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Report # 11089 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, March 29, 2005. Two young boys experience powerful, high-pitched vocalization
YEAR: 1992

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: early May

LOCATION DETAILS: Location withheld per witness's request.

NEAREST TOWN: Location withheld

NEAREST ROAD: Location withheld

OBSERVED: I cannot say for sure what this may have been, but I've never heard anything make a "noise" quite like this since, until listening to your audio samples.
The area I grew up in is very rural in nature with only a few small towns here and there. The city of Rochester lies approximately 30-min to the east, and Buffalo about 45-min to the west. My families land consists of 50 acres of farmland, with dense undergrowth and brush as well as a small corner of a much larger forrest on approximately 20 of those acres. A large man-made pond exists at a point where the dense underbrush begins and is bordered on one side to the north by a large/thick hedgerow which also has dense undergrowth on the otherside.
About the time I was in 5th/6th grade, my friend Nat and I were back at the pond with mine and my younger brother's 10-pump single shot BB-guns. Call us sick or what not, but we used to throw Rice Krispies into the pond and try to shoot the Sunfish that would come up to eat them. Anyways, we had gone around the southern and western sides of the pond and decided to move to the northern side because it was somewhat more shallow and easier to see our "prey". Once we reached the northern end, the pond's edge was only about 10 feet from the hedgerow mentioned previously, and since we were pre-occupied with our "hunt" we had our backs turned to the hedgerow.
After growing tired of shooting, we decided to call it quits. Noting that both of us still had BB's primed and chambered, we should get rid of them before going back to the house. Nat, not exactly being the country-boy, didn't know what I meant, so I said "Just fire it off into the brush" or something to that effect, and with that we both simultaniously fired into the brush. That's when something decided it was time to scare the crap outta us. Immediately after firing, something about 10 feet into the brush began screaming/howling sounding exactly like your recordings only with bass or "power" and shaking the small trees and brush violently. We couldn't see what it was due to the thickness of the hedgerow. Whatever it was then took off heading back towards the forrest, making the screams the entire way. Judging by the way the entire hedgerow from top to bottom was shaking vigerously whatever it was, was big. This all happened within a matter of seconds, and it was gone. After comparing the location and volume of the sounds as it moved, the distance it covered was impossible for a human to accomplish in that thick of vegetation.
Nat and I literally looked at each other and screamed, and then hauled-ass the 500 meters back to my house. Nat moved to North Carolina in 8th grade and I never heard from him again. I don't know what it was, but I've heard of Bigfoot sightings down near Clarendon, where I used to play paintball a few years ago as well as on the Indian reservation towards Buffalo.
I was only about 10 years old when this all took place, but proceeded to spend the rest of my childhood playing/hunting in the woods and consider myself "knowledgable" in a forrest environment. I have never heard such screams/noises since.

ALSO NOTICED: No strange smells, didn't check for tracks.

OTHER WITNESSES: Nat, shooting BB-Guns. I don't know where he is, or how to get ahold of him. He was about 10 or 11 at the time too.

OTHER STORIES: My mother, for exercise would cut trails in the brush a few years later every spring/summer. She told me at times she felt as if being watched, and even heard large footsteps approaching, halting when she stopped to listen. She ended up quitting the trail making hobby as a result.

On the Indian Reservation, tales of a family of Bigfoot residing in the swamps have circulated, but I cannot make any judgement on these stories.

I've read about the coon-hunters report on this site and know the area from playing paintball continously in the area a few years back.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Mid-day, sunny. Leaves and foilage just beginning to bloom.

ENVIRONMENT: Temperate forrest, several ponds in the area, thick brush/hedgerows, farmland in every direction.

I spoke with the witness by telephone on 4/20/05.

The witness was 10-11 years old at the time.

He basically reiterated what he had stated in his report with one exception: the distance from the pond to the house is approximately 220 yards.

The height of the hedgerow was about six feet. There were leaves on the brush which prevented the boys from seeing through it.

I have been out to the witness’s home and I am familiar with the terrain. The terrain is atypical Bigfoot habitat, being very flat. However, there are large tracts of land (over 25,000 acres) that could support a small family group. It is certainly possible that a Bigfoot could move about the area undetected.