Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO JEFFERSON COUNTY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:34 pm 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 4478 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, June 07, 2002. Close sighting near Sigel involves man and two girls
YEAR: 1992

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: Sunday

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Jefferson County

LOCATION DETAILS: Approximately 2 miles north of Sigel

NEAREST TOWN: Sigel, PA

NEAREST ROAD: Routes 36 and 949

OBSERVED: I was jogging down a side road with my daughter and her friend. They were on bikes. I saw what I thought was a person on the road in front of us. As we approached closer, I thought it was a person wearing a bulky coat or coveralls. About 30 yards from the creature, I realized that it wasn't a person. It's back was to us. It was looking down at the dirt road. Then it turned around and looked at us. It looked to be about 7 feet tall and weighed about 500 pounds. It had long, sparse red hair; the hair was thicker on it's back and shoulder blades. No hair was on it's face. It walked towards us.. I turned around and had the girls start riding their bikes back the way we came. I followed on foot and we never looked back.

ALSO NOTICED: About a month prior to the sighting I heard noises in the woods that sounded like something taking off and running away.

OTHER WITNESSES: 1 adult and 2 young girls witnessed the incident. I was jogging down the dirt road and my daughter and her friend were riding their bikes.

OTHER STORIES: After we saw the creature, a local girl saw something matching the description of a Bigfoot in her yard. She was unaware of my sighting

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 7pm
Weather-sunny and warm
Lighting-bright sunshine

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded area(hard woods). There is a gas line that runs through the area. This area is a grassy open area surrounded by forest. The creature was standing on the dirt road that intersects this gas line.

Follow-up investigation report:

I talked with both the father and daughter. He was concerned about his experience, so much so that night bothers him still. The daughter's take was that it was a long time ago when she saw it, but she still remembers a large reddish haired thing that was big. Perhaps she remembers most the way it changed her father (his perspective of the outdoors). She doesn't remember much after they turned to leave except that it followed them closer than they liked until they were out of the wooded area.

Initially, I wondered how far away the witnesses were before they could see the subject. The distance was approximately 100 yards, but it registered as a person with a coat on or a hooded sweatshirt. The witness told me that he felt it was just a guy and he payed him little attention while jogging until he got closer and it was obvious that, no, this is not "just a guy."

Some of the characteristics observed when it turned to look at the man and the girls on bicycles included the following :
- dark eyes sunk into the brow.
- a dark face.
- little or no hair on the face.
- the nose was small and the face did not stick out so there was no snout look to it.
-the hands were noticeable and in its bent stance hung to just below the knees.
- no neck, the head, described as somewhat pointed, was in the shoulder muscles which were immense.
-guestimated shoulder width was three and a half feet wide to four feet wide.
- the shoulder width was perhaps the most amazing thing about it along with the hair.

When first seen it was thought to be looking at the road and was walking to either side. A truck had just gone by and it seemed to be curious about something in the road, perhaps the tire tracks. This was described by both him and his daughter.

Judging from the descriptions and the emotions in reliving the event, it's evident that something very unusual was observed on that evening in l992..

Post subject: Re: BFRO JEFFERSON COUNTY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 pm 

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 1134 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, January 08, 2001. Three hunters see strange figure walking towards them in the pre-dawn woods.
YEAR: 1982

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: My father could give better directions than myself, but since this occured so long ago I doubt that a visit to the site would be helpful

NEAREST TOWN: Siegel

NEAREST ROAD: Route 36 is closest major road

OBSERVED: On the opening day of antlered deer season in 1982, my father, a family friend, and myself encountered a strange figure walking towards us in the pre-dawn woods. This occured in state forest land in North-Central Pennsylvania.

There was about 1/2 foot of snow on the ground, but the temperature had risen all night, leading to fog and drizzle by dawn. We had just walked about half a mile down a logging road towards our spot. We were catching our breath before ascending a steep hill when we noticed a hulky figure approaching, walking upright through some fallen timber that covered a beaver swamp in that area.

This figure was dark in color (no red or orange hunting clothes), carried no visible equipment (including a flashlight--its ability to navigate through the terrain in the dark was an immediate signal to us that something out of the ordinary was going on here), and did not answer our attempts to communicate.

It stopped about 50 feet away from us, looked in our direction, than headed back from where it had come. Our reaction at the time was that this was probably the dumbest hunter we had ever seen, but in later years (especially with some reports of Bigfoot sightings coming from PA) we wonder who or what it was. There is no doubt for any of us that this was not a bear.

ALSO NOTICED: No

OTHER WITNESSES: Three; deer hunting.

OTHER STORIES: In the same general area, my father once found unusual tracks in the snow during the second archery season (around Christmas time). This was in the mid 1960's. He didn't think much about them being created by Bigfoot, but followed them for a while out of curiosity, thinking they might be lynx tracks. He had an uncomfortable feeling of beeing watched after a half hour or so, and quit. Years later he recalled the incident and we still wonder if the tracks were the real thing.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 6:30 AM; fog and drizzle, snow on the ground

ENVIRONMENT: Forest broken with beaver swamp and meadow

Follow-up investigation report:

Additional information added to this sighting by witness:

1. The creature or being was strange in that it didn't behave in a way consistent with any known things in that area. It walked upright like a man (I am 100% convinced that this thing was not a bear due to this) but would not respond to us and had no equipment that a hunter would have.

2. My father attempted to communicate by saying something like 'Hey buddy" or "What's up?" It turned its head in our direction, but did not reply at all.

3. The height was not remarkable (probably only 6.5 ft tall) but the body mass in proportion to the height was; as I recall, the shoulders were extremely broad, and there was little or no neck. In reflection, it was sort of like a football player with shoulder pads, but the shoulders were not quite that big. I would estimate weight at over 200lb, but not exceeding 400. Gait was not extremely long as this thing was walking, and the posture was slightly hunched. Arms may have been slightly longer than human, but I am uncertain.

4. We did not look for tracks because we were deer hunting, and thought that we had encountered a stupid hunter. What makes me think this could be a legitimate encounter is that we really gave it no thought at the time. We had all heard of bigfoot, but thought it was a phenomena of the Pacific Northwest, not Northwestern Pennsylvania. In later years we wondered if this could indeed have been something else.

5. The tracks found by my father in Clear Creek State Park (around 1966) were like unusually large human prints--barefoot human prints. I think he had heard of bigfoot at the time, but just like I mentioned in #4, he was certain that such a thing could not exist in PA.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:49 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 43758 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, January 13, 2014.
Hunter recalls his observation of a dark figure crawling on a family farm near Markton
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 1988

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

NEAREST TOWN: Markton, PA

NEAREST ROAD: Route 36

OBSERVED: When I was fourteen, I am 39 now, I was out rabbit hunting on our farm. It was getting dark so I started walking towards home. I entered the field to head up the hill, just then I saw a very dark figure "crawling" on the ground. It reminded me of an alligator walking due to it wasn't using its rear legs. Instead it was dragging them behind it while on its hands and stomach. I was unable to tell where it went from there, it had gotten very dark and I stayed put until my dad came looking for me with the tractor. I was too afraid to keep going due to fear. I remember it was hairy like an animal and appeared long in length. I went down the next day and seen where the drag marks were from it dragging its feet and where it seemed to get up and walk into the woods. Large footprints were still in the ground. Not sure anyone would believe me, I never told anyone. I was raised around all animals on the farm, been told what large animals were in the area. Never seen anything like it.

ALSO NOTICED: I heard a snorting noise before I saw it. I think it may have been a deer as it was rut season at the time. I don't believe it saw me.

OTHER WITNESSES: No other witness just me.

OTHER STORIES: None

TIME AND CONDITIONS: At dusk..clear calm weather. No wind

ENVIRONMENT: Near the woods in the valley. Small spring fed stream nearby.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jarrett Johnson:

I spoke to the hunter about his experience on the family farm and property in 1988. The witness was walking back towards the farm after spending an afternoon in the woods and fields surrounding the family property hunting small game including rabbit and squirrel. He was carrying a .22 rifle with open sights. It had rained and the woods were wet and quiet.

The hunter was traversing a trail in the woods that ran along a small stream towards the road. As he approached the trail-head, the area opened up with a large field to the right and crested a hill. The witness saw movement in the field and he noticed a large dark-haired creature crawling low to the ground very quickly across the field at a distance of approximately 75 yards. The subject was moving diagonally away from the hunter at an angle. He mentioned that his first thought was that its movement resembled that of an alligator when they move quickly on land. The hunter then became afraid and continued up the path as the creature continued crawling across the field. Once he could no longer see the animal, he stated that he hid off of the trail because he thought there may be additional creatures between him and the farm. He remained hidden in the woods until his father came looking for him. His father eventually arrived on the tractor shortly before dark.

The hunter stated that he observed the creature for at least a full minute. It covered half of the 400' field in the 60 seconds he observed it. The witness stated that the creature never knew he was there. Since the rifle was not equipped with a scope, he was unable to acquire a magnified view of the Bigfoot. Based upon this experience, the hunter stated the following observations:

- The creature was trying to stay as low to the ground as possible
- It had its arms fully extended outwards and not underneath its body
- The animal was angling away from him so he could not see its face
- It never turned to look at him because it did not know that he was there
- He described it as "long and dark"
- The coloration consisted of black hair with a brown "tinge"
- He could see the back of its head and its broad shoulders
- Although it moved quickly across the field, it did not move fluidly or stealthily as it appeared to drag its leg or legs
- One leg appeared to be draped or criss-crossed across the other
- The animal seemed to use its upper body with "long arms" to drag its lower body

The hunter and I spoke about the direction of the Bigfoot's path of travel. There was, and still is, a trash or garbage pile on the other side of the field. The family would take their trash and refuse to the dump pile and burn it periodically. Their rubbish also included food scraps and other things related to life on the farm. He felt that the animal was making its way to the trash pile.

We also discussed the proximity of the road to the field. The witness stated that the bigfoot may have been trying to hide from any traffic present on the road as it would've been visibly vulnerable in the open field.

The ability of a sasquatch to "belly-crawl" has been widely reported. Most descriptions detailing this characteristic describes their ability to move with surprising agility and stealth. The hunter and I discussed the appearance of the creature and its quick but hindered mobility while crawling. He stated that at the time he thought it may have been injured causing it to drag itself.

He returned to the area the next day out of curiosity with his father's double-barreled 12 guage shotgun. He could see where the Bigfoot had moved and dragged itself through the field towards the trash pile. The trail stopped about 20 yards from the trash pile and he stated he noted physical evidence and footprints where the Bigfoot had rummaged the area suggesting that it eventually stood upright.

I asked him about the possibility of a bear encounter. The witness stated that he has been a hunter his entire life and is positive with 100% certainty that it was not a bear. Growing up on the farm, he feels that he is very familiar with the size and weight of various animals. The hunter estimated the length of the animal at around 8' with a weight in excess of 350 pounds.

The hunter stated that he never told his father or brother about his bigfoot experience due to the fact that he did not feel that they would believe him. The witness also told me that he has always kept a wary eye over his shoulder around the farm, the property, and the woods after that day but he has never again had a similar experience.

About BFRO Investigator Jarrett Johnson:

Jarrett grew up in an area of western Pennsylvania that has historically experienced reported sightings regarding a hominid creature in the Hell's Hollow area. Having heard the stories as a child, he never gave the local lore serious thought... until years later when a family member revealed a personal encounter. He also spent a number years on the edge of the Florida Everglades where sasquatch activity has been reported for many years. In 1998, a Skunk Ape photo taken near Ochopee was posted along with a feature article in the Sun-Sentinel newspaper and his serious interest in the subject of sasquatch began.

Educated and employed as a risk management/safety professional, he is an enthusiast of the outdoors including remote camping, hunting, fly fishing for native trout, seeking wild morel mushrooms, riding Harley Davidson motorcycles, and all things related to the sasquatch phenomena.

Jarrett has attended the 2012 and 2013 BFRO expeditions in Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. He has also attended a number of private expeditions.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:51 pm 

Quote:
Report # 44350 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
Landowner details a series of events at her remote cabin
YEAR: 2014

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: February

DATE: 17

LOCATION DETAILS: On the night before that I believe the tracks were made, it was heavy snow pack, and there was very lite flurries and a little blowing, over night, with temp somewhere I think -5. The morning when I seen the tracks it was about 7, I believe/remember from TV News.

NEAREST TOWN: Confidential

NEAREST ROAD: Confidential

ALSO NOTICED: There were deer tracks in the area, and also outdoor cat tracks.

OTHER STORIES: I have been posting here many years on BFRO boards, and yes I have both read stories here, also heard local.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The Tracks had to been made over night Feb 16-17 2014.
They were not there the day before.
They were first seen by myself on Feb 17th 2014 in the early morning hours when I let my dogs out to pee, soon after I had awakened that day.

ENVIRONMENT: The land area, was an old timers style coal mining area.
Now it has somewhat changed into both older and newer growth forest areas with open and grass natural field areas also.
It is steep and mountain/hills, with older and newer rocks.
A lot of deer and turkey, and other animals.
The valley below drops down to a very old bigger main river, that has also many very small streams running into it.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jarrett Johnson:

I spoke to landowner of the property at length regarding a number of events that have occurred over the years at a cabin and property that has been in her family for a number of years in central Pennsylvania. The area was mined heavily for coal in the early 1900's and had abandoned mine shafts and "red dog" coal piles on the property. For many years including her childhood, the property included a home and was a seasonal property where the family would visit to relax and hunt. A smaller camp was later built on the property. She moved to the property in 2007 to live there year round and transitioned the camp into her home. The current camp will be replaced with a new home in the near future.

Her first encounter occurred on the property as a young girl in the late 1970's or early 1980's. She and her brother had packed a lunch to spend some time in the woods hunting turkey. They set up behind a log to use as a makeshift blind and soon her brother had turkey in the area. He was studying a flock of birds in the distance through a pair of binoculars when they heard something behind them. She stated that she and her brother also sensed something behind them. They turned and saw a huge creature looking at them from 20 feet away. She stated that she remembered looking up and could only see the shoulder and profile due to the foliage. It had longish hair that obscured any facial details. The hair had unkempt matted strands of hair that she described as shoulder-length. The hair was primarily brown with hints of green consisting of plant matter and debris which the witness described as giving it a "ghillie suit" appearance. She noted that it blended into the forest very well. Being very frightened, they began to run back towards the safety of home and their parents. The creature then followed them and they could hear brush breaking behind them as they were chased from the woods. Her brother refuses to talk about it to this day.

Years later, the witness stated that seeing the movie Predator unnerved her as the being in the movie reminded her slightly of the creature she saw as a child due to its ability to blend into the woods and seemingly appear out of nowhere among the foliage.

Several interesting incidents occurred on the property in 2008. The witness stated that during a snowstorm one evening, she and a friend were visiting at her home in the cabin. They were frightened by something hitting the side of the structure so hard that it moved a mirror and dresser. Her friend commented that a deer must have hit the side of the camp. They went outside the following day and did not notice a deer or anything else out of the ordinary.

One evening in June of 2008, the landowner was on her computer at night with the windows open. Her cat was relaxing in the room and she was suffering from summer allergies that were bothering her. She noticed and started to hear sounds and at first thought it was the cat until it happened a second time. She then realized the response was coming from beyond the window and was mimicking her audibly. She would sniffle, cough, or make a noise and the noise would be returned from outside. After a short period of time, the witness became very scared and could not bring herself to approach the window. Since the camp and property are very remote, she could not conceive that a person would be out there on the property. She stated that she went to the living room and stayed up for much of the night. In the morning, she went out to investigate. The window is high enough that a normal person could not see into the room. She did not notice anything in the mulch outside the window and thought the entire experience was odd.

We discussed that Bigfoot creatures are renown for mimicking sounds including birds, animals, and people. There are many documented reports of this phenomenon. She stated that our conversation about Bigfoots mimicking people made her additionally unnerved about this particular incident.

The next incident occurred in late July. The family had an above-ground pool on the property and a group of them were swimming and having fun during the summer day. The landowner had made some Kool-Aid for the boys and one of the group stated to her that he had seen something or someone in the woods watching them in the pool.

After the group had finished swimming in the pool, she had asked the boys to take the cat litter to dump in the woods. The boys came running to the house frightened and scared stating that they had heard someone or something in the woods including a very loud grunt or cough-like noise.

Later that night, the boys were reluctant to play outside due to the occurrences of the day. The group was playing board games in the living room. The windows were open in an attempt to take advantage of the summer breeze blowing through the home. Around 2:30 am, there were a series of knocks near the front screen door which greatly frightened the group. She ran to the bedroom to grab a loaded shotgun kept for protection and the group huddled in the hallway. More loud knocks occurred to the front of the home minutes later. Once again, the cabin is located deep in the woods and is surrounded by a very private 150 acres. No one should've been in the area during the late hours of the night. A short while later, there were a third series of knocks on the home. She eventually mustered the fortitude to open the door to shout that she was armed. The boys looked out the windows and saw nothing. The group felt that they were being watched from the darkness and that whatever had banged and knocked on the house had not left. They all sat in the center of the room with the loaded firearm until daylight. A look around the home and yard in the morning resulted in nothing out of the ordinary.

The Bigfoot behavior of knocking or slapping the exteriors of homes, cabins, trailers, and campers has been reported with some level of frequency.

In December of 2008, the homeowner had a toothache one cold, snowy winter evening. She was in the kitchen making a soda water/salt mixture to gargle and rinse with when she heard loud crunching steps from outside of the closed window in the yard. She described a loud "crunch-crunch-crunch" coming from the frozen ground. She stated that it sounded like bipedal footfall and considering the knocking incident during the summer, she ran again to the safety of the hallway. She could not bring herself to peer out the window and was frightened for the remainder of the night. She mentioned that it was extremely cold that evening. I asked her if she had gone outside to look for tracks and she indicated that they had not due to the cold weather.

The witness stated that the family had two dogs that were suspiciously quiet and subdued during these incidents. The dogs normally bark and alert the family of any activity around the home.

On February 17, 2014, the landowner went outside in the morning to tether her dogs to a cable lead used for them to go to the bathroom. She noticed an interesting track way in the snow. It had snowed heavily throughout the night so it is felt that the track way was left in the middle of the night with additional snowfall falling onto them reducing their clarity by morning when they were found. The landowner stated that they were not present the day before. She placed a 12" rule in one photo to depict the size. The stride between the tracks was approximately 52". The track way went beside the home and into the woods with consistency in appearance and stride. The homeowner stated that the track way crossed their snowblown foot path to the home by stepping across it. The track way did not show any discernible toes or other details as they had been subject to the winter weather throughout the night. Although the source of the track way was not observed, she feels that the tracks were made by a Sasquatch. See photos:

About BFRO Investigator Jarrett Johnson:

Jarrett grew up in an area of western Pennsylvania that has historically experienced reported sightings regarding a hominid creature in the Hell's Hollow area. Having heard the stories as a child, he never gave the local lore serious thought... until years later when a family member revealed a personal encounter. He also spent a number years on the edge of the Florida Everglades where sasquatch activity has been reported for many years. In 1998, a Skunk Ape photo taken near Ochopee was posted along with a feature article in the Sun-Sentinel newspaper and his serious interest in the subject of sasquatch began.

Educated and employed as a risk management/safety professional, he is an enthusiast of the outdoors including remote camping, hunting, fly fishing for native trout, seeking wild morel mushrooms, riding Harley Davidson motorcycles, and all things related to the sasquatch phenomena.

Jarrett has attended the 2012 and 2013 BFRO expeditions in Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. He has also attended a number of private expeditions.

Attachments:
44350a.jpg
44350a.jpg [ 42.09 KiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
44350b.jpg
44350b.jpg [ 40.84 KiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
44350c.jpg
44350c.jpg [ 39.5 KiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
44350d.jpg
44350d.jpg [ 42.56 KiB | Viewed 3460 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 pm 

Quote:
Report # 59159 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible stalking at the town of Sigel in Eldred Township
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAR: 2018

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: March

DATE: 6

LOCATION DETAILS: Wooded area around job site—
Some fields and cleared construction site.

NEAREST TOWN: Sigel

NEAREST ROAD: Old route 36

OBSERVED: I was at our job site tending a portable generator and turbo heater. I was sitting in my truck almost asleep when I heard footsteps/leaves crunching over in the woods. At first I started thinking deer? But as it gets closer I could tell it was on two feet. I hear it going back and forth several times. Almost like pacing. Then I can see in the moonlight movement with the foot steps crunching the leaves. It was definitely on two feet. Then it stops. All of a sudden a loud bang off the tank. I think it had to have thrown a rock as loud as the bang on the tank was. Then more footsteps leaves crunching even closer now. As I’m trying to look into the woods where I last seen movement I realized it was standing right at the edge of the woods right beside my truck. I was paralyzed. It had to have seen me at this point sitting there. As I tried to get my composure I reached down in the door for my handgun. As I looked back up I could hear it walking off in the leaves. I started the truck and turned the headlights towards the woods but didn’t see or hear anything more.

This was the most terrifying 5-6 minutes of my life.

OTHER WITNESSES: I was alone

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:02 AM
Well light moonlight 3/4 moon
Mostly clear sky
23 degrees F cold

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded property
Clearing around jobsite.
84’ tall water tanks.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Amy Bue:

I interviewed this witness over the phone and then met him in person. I found him to be extremely credible. He is a construction foreman in PA. When this encounter took place, he was at a construction site where he had to sit in his truck all night while waiting to make sure that a generator didn’t stop working. The generator was heating up some water that had frozen. He had to make sure that the fire stayed lit.

He had set his alarm to go off every half hour, and in the meantime, he was bundled up and would sleep in the driver’s seat of his truck with the seat back. The truck was shut off because he wasn’t able to dim the light with it on. It was cold but there was no snow on the ground. He stated that before his alarm went off at the next set time he was awoken by what he thought was something pushing on and moving the truck. He realized that he couldn’t see the flame of the generator, as if something was blocking it, but when he looked again, it was clear. He didn’t immediately notice anything else, and although he was startled, he started to go back to sleep. Soon he could hear something walking into some nearby trees.

He could hear the thing pacing back and forth. Then he heard something hit the generator with a large boom! He assumed it was a rock.

A figure stepped out of the woods. It was in profile, and there was no muzzle. It looked to be uniform in color, and it was tall. He claimed that he knew right away that it was way too tall to be a person.

He tried to get his bearings and went to grab his phone from the seat next to him, and he accidentally hit it across the seat and onto the floor. When he straightened back up from trying to grab it and his gun, he said the figure turned to face him. [When he got to this part of telling me the story, he was visibly shaken. His wife and dog were with him while he was telling it to me, and they were upset that he was upset.] He said it was then that he realized how massive this thing was. The shoulder width was beyond anything that he could comprehend, and he knew that it was looking at him.

At this point in the interview process, I asked an investigator who I had brought along with me to go and stand where he had pointed out that the figure had been standing. This investigator is about 6’ tall, and when she stood there, the witness was again visibly upset. He said the size of the creature compared to this investigator was so much bigger that he couldn’t comprehend it. Using a measuring tape against a branch he remembered its head hitting, we estimated it to be between 8-9’ tall. It was, however, the width and bulk of it that had really impressed him.

The witness reported that the figure soon moved back into the woods, and that he stuck it out as long as he could through the rest of the night (this happened around 2:00 AM), but was on high alert and didn’t sleep anymore.

As he was collecting himself after giving me his report, I asked his wife if he had said anything to her after this had happened. She said he had texted her and called her right after the figure left, and that he was extremely upset both then and when he got home. He didn’t go to work for the next few days, and this guy NEVER missed work. He is just a normal, hard-working guy who had an experience he wasn’t looking for and that he still can’t explain.

About BFRO Investigator Amy Bue:

Amy Bue: Language arts teacher and writer in Ohio. After experiencing her own class B sighting in 2012, she became active as a Bigfoot researcher through solo investigations. Now she does investigations with friends and colleagues in several states.
Amy has attended several informal expeditions and investigations at Salt Fork State Park, Beaver Creek State Park, West Branch State Park, and Mohican State Park, as well as in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Oregon, and Washington, among others. She attended and volunteered with the 2018 Southern Ohio BFRO expedition.

Profile Personal album