Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO MERCER COUNTY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:42 pm 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 3401 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, November 19, 2001. Motorist and passenger catch glimpse of humanlike figure crossing the road
YEAR: 2001

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 11/18/2001

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Mercer County

LOCATION DETAILS: Lamor connects Rte 18(Hermitage) and Rte 19(Mercer) in Mercer County.

NEAREST TOWN: Hermitage

NEAREST ROAD: Lamor

OBSERVED: I was returning home from a NFL football game that I had attended out of state. It was about 8:45pm. The road I was traveling on had a lot bends with patches of woods on both sides, broken up by houses every so often. It is a back road that connects two towns. The posted speed limit ranges from 10mph to 45mph. I was traveling at about 55-60mph on the straighter sections(I was trying to get home, I had been driving for a couple of hours). This is where it happened. One of my good friends was sitting in the front with me. We had the radio up loud and was singing and staring straight ahead. Two more of my friends where in the back seat talking. As I came around a bend into a straight-a-way, with woods on both sides, something caught my vision just in the edge of the headlights(high beams). I saw the mid and lower torso, and legs of what appeared to be a person. It appeared to be crossing the road. I saw it take a right and then left stride and then it went into the trees on the right side of the road. I vaguely saw the color, it was a light brown. When I first saw the movement I thought it was a person going into the woods, this is the movement it had, however it glided with great speed. It happened so quickly, I thought that I had imagined it until I looked at my friend sitting next to me, he was staring back at me, this made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I asked him if he "seen that" and he yelled "yeah". I had slowed down to about 40mph with the intent to stop(not really knowing what to do) when the two in the back seat yelled "whats going on?" I said, me and (name of friend) saw something, and the two in the back told me to keep going, they did not want to stop. I now wish I had. stopped.

OTHER WITNESSES: There were 2 witnesses including myself. I was driving and the other witness was looking out the windshield.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 8:45pm. It was a cool, clear, and dark night.

ENVIRONMENT: Flat, wooded area heavily populated with wildlife(turkey, rabbits, deer), few houses and farms.

Post subject: Re: BFRO MERCER COUNTY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Report # 3647 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, January 15, 2002. Sightings by a hunter west of Greenville, in the woods near Hell's Hollow Rd. and Rt. 358
YEAR: 86/88

LOCATION DETAILS: Site is located west of Greenville 5 miles on rt 358 and left on Hell's Hollow road.

NEAREST TOWN: Orangeville

NEAREST ROAD: Hell's Hollow and rt358

OBSERVED: I have had two occasions to observe an unkown creature in the wood's of western pennsylvania. The first was in the fall of 1986 as a teenager I was parking in a desolate location called Hell's Hollow about 1/2mile away from a boy scout camp. I was only pulled off the road enough not to block traffic because I did not want to get stuck in the muddy lane. While we were sitting there talking a figure of large proportion walked past the front of the truck. I would guess about 7 to 8 ft tall and about 300 to 400lbs. All I saw was a large dark-brown biped about three feet in front of the truck. It ignored us totally and was gone into the thick brush. It was dark and no further observation was made. I hit the key and split, the girl I was with evidently did not see this because she was clueless as to why I made such a hasty retreat. The second sighting occurred in the fall of 1988 in the early fall while hunting in the same area. Actually we parked in the same place. We crossed the small creek at the bottom of the hollow and proceded west up the next hillside which is very steep. We separated to better our chances of seeing squirrels. I walked about 1/4 miles north along the ridge and sat down. After sitting there for about two hours I had seen nothing. I went back down the hill to find my friend. As I hit the bottom of the hill and started across the creek I could see my friend looking my way. As I got to him he just kept looking past me. I thought he had seen something to shoot at and turned. All we saw was a dark brown or black long haired creature running up the steepest part of the hill. It took me about 3 to 7 minutes to cover that hill on less sloping ground walking down hill. This thing ran up it in about 15 to 20 seconds. (I know I would have to climb the slope and maybe need a rope to just get up it.) It ran sort of apelike on all fours pulling its way up with the front paws. The guy I was hunting with doesn't believe in bigfoot and says it must have been a bear. Bear are around this area but are very rare. And bears don't run in such a manner as this did.

ALSO NOTICED: The location is known as Hell's Hollow is unusually cold compared to the rest of the area because of the lack of sunlight reaching the bottom. The area in question has changed rapidly due to logging and settlement. It is also on the edge of the ohio flatlands.There are strangely very few deer in the immediate area (I have spotted the area with a spotlight and never find any there),but the area within a couple miles boast many whitetail.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: First sighting was at night and very dark. The second was during the day a little cloudy with sunlight.

ENVIRONMENT: The area is a very old ravine heavily wooded with a creek at the bottom and steep sloops at the time with few houses and no winter maintenance.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jim Osborne:

This makes three separate sightings in the same area (see Report #3584), occurring over a four year period - 84, 86, and 88.

Post subject: Re: BFRO MERCER COUNTY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 pm 

Quote:
Report # 3584 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, January 03, 2002. Another encounter near Rt. 358 and Hell's Hollow Road, outside Greenville
YEAR: 1984

LOCATION DETAILS: In the "Hell's Hollow" dip. Take left off of Rt. 358 on Hell's Hollow Road.

NEAREST TOWN: Greenville, PA

NEAREST ROAD: Route 358

OBSERVED: This story was recently told to me second hand in confidence by a very good friend of mine. He is an Eagle Scout and an honorable man. We are avid sportsmen and had spent alot of time together and with other sportsmen in the woods of Pennsylvania. I told him of my interest in the Florida Skunk Ape. I asked him if he or any of his family had ever heard or experienced any bigfoot encounters. He told me that it was ironic that I asked because I was present when his experience occurred. We were in Boyscouts at the time at a fall campout with our Troop, we were in the same Patrol. Our Troop was playing "Capture the Flag" around dusk. We were camping at a place called "Hell's Hollow" near the Greenville Sportsman Club out on Route 358. He and another Boyscout went out in the woods to hide. While they were hiding in some brush, they pushed a Bigfoot that rambled out of the brush and away from them at an alarming rate of speed. He said it definitely was bipedal and was huge. My friend stated that he was scared to death and that they made a promise not to tell anyone for fear of ridicule. He stated that he has never told anyone the story. I couldn't get any details as to the size or scent. He did state that he did not see its face. I told him of my intent to report the story and he said he would discuss it if contacted by the BFRO.

OTHER WITNESSES: One other Scout observed the creature. I have lost touch with him.

OTHER STORIES: Only those sightings I have read on your website. I saw the 11/18/01 sighting for Mercer County and had to report this second-hand sighting. I believe my friend, he would not lie about this.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: My friend stated that it was dusk and that they definitely saw something neither had seen before,a Sasquatch.

ENVIRONMENT: They went for the brush to hide. During our discussion, we thought the creature might have been attracted to our camp for food or just to observe us.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jim Osborne:

I talked with the primary witness on the phone and he related the following details.
His friend spotted the creature first and said "What's that?", at which point the witness looked to see a tall, bipedal creature walking away through the woods. The creature was about 75 yards away at the time. It was 7 to 8 feet tall, blackish-brown in color, hair long like an Irish setter (but equal in length over the body - not longer on the head), unhurried stride with arms hanging at its side - not swinging, and the arms were proportionately longer than a human's. Although it was tall it was not massive, and he estimated shoulder width to be about 2 1/2 feet. The creature was moving away during the entire observation and so neither of them got a look at the face. They quickly left the area.

The person who submitted this report has just found out that a relative who lives in the area has had two sightings in this same vicinity. A followup report on those sightings should be filed within a few weeks.