Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO POTTER COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:03 pm 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 8633 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, May 09, 2004. Trucker has nighttime sighting on Denton Hill east of Coudersport
YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 9th

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Potter County

LOCATION DETAILS: 6 mi. east of Coudersport PA. on US 6. I was coming up Denton Hill, just past ski slopes.

NEAREST TOWN: Coudersport

NEAREST ROAD: On US 6 appox. 6 mi. east of Coudersport.

OBSERVED: Driving tractor and trailer on US 6 appox. 6 mi east of Coudersport Pa. on May 7th at appox. 10:30 pm. Going up Denton Hill just past the ski area, there was a car in front of me appox. 100 yds. There was lightning to the west of my location but not yet raining where I was at. The highway going up the hill has a passing lane. The car in front of me was in the driving lane and then swerved into the passing lane as if to miss something. After he swerved I noticed a large black figure beside the road. It was standing upright on the shoulder of the road on my right about to go up a steep incline to the woods. Just saw it for a second then it disapeared. Took a second for me to make out what it was. The car in front of me did not stop or put on it's brake, so I'm not sure if I really saw something or it was my imagination. Appeared to be appox. 7 to 8 feet tall. using the car as a reference point for height. Total black with long arms and legs.

ALSO NOTICED: I saw it for a second in my headlights then it disappeared. If I saw something then the car that was in front of me would have had a good look. They would be the one's to make a good report

OTHER WITNESSES: Not sure there was a car in front of me about 100 yds. He swerved to miss something that's when I saw it.

OTHER STORIES: None.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Appox. 10:30 pm. night time. lightning flashes in the west of my location. But not raining where I was at.

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded both sides of road. To my left was a guard rail and down hill slope on my right was a steep uphill slope.

Follow-up investigation report:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

He stated that the roadway was well lit because of the headlights of the car in front of him and from his own truck.

He said that the animal was upright and very large. He also stated that it was slender and its arms reached down to its knees. It appeared that it was getting ready to leap off the side of the road.

The witness watched the local newspapers and was surprised that it wasn't reported. He was certain of what he saw and he assumed the people in the car ahead of him would have made some type of report as well.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in bird and wildlife audio recording.

Stan has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

Post subject: Re: BFRO POTTER COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Report # 3926 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, March 12, 2002. Two campers hear morning vocalization near Galeton
YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: March

DATE: last of Mo

LOCATION DETAILS: Withheld per request.

NEAREST TOWN: Galeton

NEAREST ROAD: Junction Road

OBSERVED: My friend had taken me to potter co. PA to see if I was interested in joining his camp. We had been there two days and were getting ready to leave. I was going out to the jeep when we heard this gutteral scream of the likes of which neither of us had ever heard before. I grew up in WV and have spent half my life in the woods both night and day and have never heard a sound like that. We just heard it once and haven't heard it again, but in the fall of the next year I saw tracks crossing a frost covered field where something had taken very long strides. There were no indented tracks because the ground was frozen.

ALSO NOTICED: Nothing I know of

TIME AND CONDITIONS: We heard the scream around 8:00AM It was cool cloudy day

ENVIRONMENT: Very hilly terrain heavily wooded with a stream running down along valley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Report # 10805 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, February 28, 2005. Campers hear loud vocalizations and find footprints near Loucks Mills
YEAR: 1996

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 26

LOCATION DETAILS: Roger's lot.

NEAREST TOWN: Loucks Mills

OBSERVED: 1996...Potter County Penna...Loucks Mills PA....camping in a place called Roger's lot...October....me and two others ...had a close encounter ....1 am...getting ready for bed..we were hooting back at the owls...sounding off...all around..I think that is what started the whole thing...the hooting at the owls...suddenly...something started crashing in the brush..then howling and smashing...it circled the camp ...the sounds were like a ape.inhaling and exhaling hoots...then screams...the thing howled all the way up the neighboring hill in about 60 seconds to the top...screamed again then was gone...something's out there...the strange thing the owls shut up when the thing started...and was silent the rest of the night...we contacted the PA game commision they said it was a mountain lion...interesting...at the time they claimed publicly moutain lions were extinct in PA.. (I know better)...I know what they sound like...I know all animals in this area...this was different..the tracks were huge, human like, tracks circling the camp...wish I had some plaster....second time...I heard something like this first was in 1972..felt menaced...nightmares for months afterwards...Something is out there.

ALSO NOTICED: Large footprints...broken limbs of trees.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3 witnesses

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1 a.m...clear night...warm

ENVIRONMENT: Creek bottom....pine forest.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

The witness is an experienced hunter and woodsman and considers himself knowledgeable of all the wildlife in this area. He stated that the vocalizations were very loud and intimidating. He said that the sounds were baboon like.

They found five or six footprints the next morning in the mud. According to the witness, two of the footprints were of sufficient detail to show the toe impressions. The footprints, he stated, measured sixteen inches long and six inches wide.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in bird and wildlife audio recording.

Stan has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 pm 

Quote:
Report # 24301 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, July 30, 2008. Man remembers hearing strange vocalizations and seeing a hairy, upright figure while hunting in Sweden Valley
YEAR: 1986-1987

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 28th?

LOCATION DETAILS: It was about 3 miles south on 872 from route 6. Just as 872 starts as a long hill ,there is a dirt road that leads off to the left.Right were the dirt road meets the hyway climb that hill to the top..that is were the event occured.

NEAREST TOWN: Coudesport,Sweden valley

NEAREST ROAD: 872

OBSERVED: My incident occurred on the second day of deer season 1986 or 87. I was hunting alone in the afternoon and the woods were quiet. It was the second day of antlered deer season and I was surprised I didn't hear any shooting. I was near the top of a ravine/bowl and standing on the ground next to a tree where I could survey the valley and sides of the ravine.At about 3.00 to 3.30 pm I just got an odd feeling that something was wrong...really wrong. I had hunted and hiked in the woods for the past 10 years all the time and never felt that way. I have even done a lot of night hunting and was lost in the woods one night..I still never felt that way.

Before long I heard what I assumed were a couple of hunters talking to each other loudly.But what they said made no sense.It sounded like the japanese language played backwards.The hunters were moving uphill and covered a distance of about 200 yards in 12-15 seconds!!!There was a foot of snow on the ground and the hill had about a 30 degree grade.(I did the math..its about 45 mph)!I was puzzled and just figured my mind was playing tricks on me.Then I heard loud limbs breaking and expected to see deer run ahead of the "hunters" so I got ready.After about 5 minutes a movement out of the corner of my left eye got my attention.There was a lone pine tree swaying like it was in a hurricane.The top of the tree was moving severely to the left and right about 40 degrees!Something was standing under the tree which appearred to be moving it.It was about 7 feet tall and I saw it for about 5 seconds.Its "arm"? came down and it took a step forward.It then moved a couple steps and was behind a group of trees.I would say the color of the hair was medium brown with a slightly lighter area.When it stepped behind the trees it never came out the other side.Keep in mind these trees were spaced about a foot apart and were maybe 8 inches in diameter.The odd thing was you could not see any hair between the trees or movement even through my scope.I was about 70 yards from the thing and couldn't understand where it went.I knew it would have left tracks but something overwealming told me to stay away.I had what others have described as a sense of "doom" which is a good description.That was it.No smell or other events.I never knew what to think of what happened and stopped hunting after that.Since then I found this site and that memory came rushing back after reading a number of the stories.I did not get a good look at the "thing" but it was not anything I had ever seen in the woods.

ALSO NOTICED: Prior to that my brother reported that he heard some screams in the woods and someting followed him late one night when he was walking home up that dirt road.At the time I didn't think much of it.

OTHER WITNESSES: No.

OTHER STORIES: Only what is already on this site.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: about 3.00-3.30pm

ENVIRONMENT: Mixed hardwoods.Some pine and hemlock.The area had been logged off shortly before then so most the timber was younger growth.There was about a foot of snow on the ground.the temperature was in the twenties.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Cathy Betz:

I spoke to the witness over the phone. He described the creature that he saw through the scope of his gun from 70” away to be approximately seven and a half-foot tall and bulky, perhaps weighing about 400lbs. He described the general shape of the creature to be the same shape as the Patterson Creature. He is adamant that it was not a bear, and that it stood on two legs the whole time. He states that it was covered in dark brown hair and that he could make out a patch of tan somewhere on the body. The only part of the body that he saw clearly was the arm, as the rest of the creature was partially blocked.
-The tree that the creature was swaying was approximately 30’ tall and about 6’ in diameter. And the degree of swaying was such that it whipped back and forth enough to dislodge snow and needles from the top of the tree.
-During the encounter he was still trying to rationalize in his mind what he was seeing. He could not explain the sense of ‘foreboding and dread’ he had been feeling the whole time, nor could he understand how something could have moved so quickly up a steep ravine that was covered in a foot of snow. And when he finally saw what was whipping the tree back and forth, he stated that what he was seeing should have been a deer, or something familiar, that he could wrap his mind around. Not a large, bipedal figure that was covered in hair.
-He still cannot figure out how the creature disappeared so quickly and so completely while he was watching it. He thought of going to the area by the tree to look for tracks, or other evidence, but the feeling of dread was so strong that he decided against it.
-I found this witness to be honest, forthright and sincere. I believe that what he heard and saw could not be explained by anything but a bigfoot. The vocalizations he described as sounding like a Japanese language spoken backwards may have been bigfoot language, often referred to as "samurai chatter".

About BFRO Investigator Cathy Betz:

Cathy has been a nurse for over 25 years and currently works in a busy ICU. An amateur naturalist, Cathy has been intrigued by the bigfoot phenomenon from an early age.
Attended the following expeditions:
- The 2006 Florida Expedition
- The 2007 North Carolina Expedition
- The 2008 South Florida Expedition
- The 2008 North Florida Expedition
- The 2009 Central Florida Expedition
- The 2009 Utah Expedition