Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) TALLADEGA COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 17480 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, February 01, 2007.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sighting by a group of campers in Cheaha Mountain State Park
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

STATE: Alabama

COUNTY: Talladega County

LOCATION DETAILS: cheaha state park

NEAREST TOWN: Anniston

NEAREST ROAD: not sure

OBSERVED: Every year me and a group of my friends camp in cheaha state park. Year before last, we where sitting outside our tent around the camp fire and it was about 11:00 at night. We where the ONLY ones in that camp site, so it was very quiet. We started to hear stange low noises almost like an old chainsaw trying to crank. Following that was a very high pitch humming noise. The sound was getting closer and closer. We took out our spot light and scanned the woods. What we saw was very disturbing....it appeared to be an up right figure, that was hairy and had a grey tent to its fure. It was standing behind a tree and was slightly hunching over, like it was hiding from us. We could see its back bowing out of the right side of the tree and its head coming out of the left. Theirs no doubt in my mind that it was an ape-like creature. It stood still for about 30 to 60 seconds. Then we decided to take the light off of it, to maybe see if it would move....about 10 seconds later we turned the light back on and it was gone! The next night we heard two seperate creatures but neither showed up.

ALSO NOTICED: the year before this icident we heard the noises but did not see the creature....WE DO HAVE PICTURES OF FOOTPRINTS

OTHER WITNESSES: There where five other witnesses, and we where simply camping

TIME AND CONDITIONS: night time, clear skys, no wind

ENVIRONMENT: mountain like terrain, very lush vegitation, creek bottoms

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Kevin Smykal:

Interviewed witness on 4-18-07. Sighting was made by a group of six campers that were led by a minister. They were all in agreement about what they saw. They all realized what they were looking at was not a bear or any other known animal. They said that it froze like a deer in the headlights. The group estimates that they were 20 - 30 yards away and their spotlight was very powerfull. It's eyes glowed yellow in the spotlight.

It's height was estimated at 6' 8" - 7' 8". It had a dark gray face along with 3 - 4 inch gray hair of a fairly uniform length. It's head appeared to be slightly conical and wide. They only saw it's face from the nose up, as the tree was blocking the lower portion. It was also stated that it had a very muscular, human-like build.

On earlier camping trips to this same location they have heard strange vocalizations and what sounded like something large walking through the brush on two legs.

Cheaha Mountain State Park in Talladega County, Alabama

Attachment:
(BFRO) ALABAMA--TALLADEGA COUNTY REPORT # 17480.jpg
(BFRO) ALABAMA--TALLADEGA COUNTY REPORT # 17480.jpg [ 82.76 KiB | Viewed 276 times ]

About BFRO Investigator Kevin Smykal:

Kevin Smykal is a mechanical contractor in northern Florida.
He attended the following BFRO expeditions:

2006 Central Florida (Lake County)
2007 Central Florida Private Expedition
2008 South Florida Expedition
He helped organize the 2008 North Florida Expedition and is assisting with the organization of the upcoming 2009 Central Florida Expedition

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) TALLADEGA COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 pm 

Quote:
Report # 1419 (Class B)
Submitted by witness K.B. on Sunday, July 16, 2000.
Large footprint found in a sandy creek bank near Talladega National Forest

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 15

LOCATION DETAILS: Salt creek falls close to Cheaha State Park

NEAREST TOWN: Munford

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 21

OBSERVED: My husband, myself and my husbands friend were walking on a narrow trail to Salt Creek Falls near Talladega National Forest. I stopped on the trail when I smelled a foul smell. We did not see or hear anything at this time. We walked down to the falls the water was very low so we walked out onto the large rocks to sit, we sat talking for about 30 min. I heard a sound like trees moving then I heard nothing else so we were on our way out when we saw a very large footprint in the sandy creek bank. It was approx. 18 inches long and about 7 inches wide it had very pronounced toe prints.

ALSO NOTICED: Sounds of trees or brush moving.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3 people present talking and walking toward the trail.

OTHER STORIES: None

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1:00 or 2:00 AM. Weather was clear, was a Full Moon.

ENVIRONMENT: Narrow steep trail pine trees near salt creek. Near 3 overturned large trees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm 

Quote:
Report # 25238 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, December 31, 2008.
Woman recalls encountering a creature while driving through Talladega National Forest

YEAR: 1999

SEASON: Fall

DATE: 11/23/1999

LOCATION DETAILS: all i know is that i was driving down hwy 21 when i came upon a sign that said 20 mph a sharp turn was ahead and i had my daughter in the front seat {she is grown} and my grandaughter in the back seat,so i went very careful around the turn.

NEAREST TOWN: dont remember

NEAREST ROAD: hwy 21

ALSO NOTICED: sir when i came around the curve bigfoot was standing there on the side of the road about eight feet from where i was in the car when i came around the curve my head lights were right on him,i am positive of what i saw.Also he was hunched over like he wanted to jump or attack us he acted like he was upset.the road i was on was only two small lanes.

OTHER WITNESSES: my oldest daughter was in the front seat

OTHER STORIES: no

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 11pm at night

ENVIRONMENT: talledaga natinal forest in alabama

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Morris Collins:

I spoke with the witness for almost 20 minutes. The witness' oldest daughter was in the car but refuses to speak of the incident, though it occurred almost 10 years ago.

Additional details that were added were that when her headlights hit the animal, the eyes shone with an orange tint. The animal looked unkept with dark, reddish colored hair and no neck. The face was like the animal in the Patterson film. The skin was dark on the hands and face. She was adamant that the animal had hands and a face.

Due to having to slow for a sharp curve in Highway 21, the siting lasted for several seconds. As she rounded the curve, the animal swung its arms in a posture that she felt indicated it was mad and would jump into the road.

This area of Alabama borders the Talladega National Forest which covers 392,567 acres in central and east central Alabama. This region is the beginning of the Appalachian mountain chain in the southeast. The area is home to whitetail deer, wild hog, black bear and wild turkey. Water and cover is abundant. There is a history of sightings of unusual animals in this national forest.

About BFRO Investigator Morris Collins:

Morris holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Auburn University. He is an avid backpacker and SCUBA diver. Morris attended Georgia 2006, 2008 & 2009; North Carolina 2006 and SC 2007 expeditions. He is a member of the SE BFRO Tracking Team and has completed a first course in visual tracking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:06 am 

Medals: 1
I have been going to Cheaha mtn for 12 yrs. in fact, I spent the Millenium up there. I used to live in Tuscaloosa back in '99. That area is very remote and the Talladega National forest and Wilderness is vast and could easily hide these creatures. I spent 6 days there the year before last and was the there the week leading up to Thanksgiving. The year before last I captured a rare, melanistic black coyote. Last year, I recorded almost every night. I say almost because that place tends to be very windy. I have 2 walk-ups that was recorded at the bottom of the mtn near the lake. Not one month after I departed, hikers found prints in the snow. I always had a "gut" feeling they were somewhere in there. I'm going back up there next year in 2012. Will keep everyone posted on my findings. Arklatex.