Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) Lawrence County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Kansas State Director

Medals: 5
Quote:
Report # 7023 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, October 06, 2003. Deer hunter has early morning sighting near Blaine (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: About 1992

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 11-15

STATE: Kentucky

COUNTY: Lawrence County

LOCATION DETAILS: About four miles from Blaine. I can't remember the road number, but I could take someone back to the exact spot.

NEAREST TOWN: Blaine, Ky.

NEAREST ROAD: I'm not sure, I think route 11

OBSERVED: I was deer hunting, watching a clearing between two thickets. It was between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning in November, the temperature was below freezing and there was a thin layer of snow on the ground. The thickets were cedar thickets. I was sitting on an old road, in the head of the hollow, about a hundred yards from the trail crossing the clearing. The clearing was about 50 or 60 yards across. I heard, from the top of the thicket to my left, crashing, brush and limbs breaking, very loudly, like large limbs. It lasted maybe ten seconds or so. About five minutes later, I heard the same noise, maybe fifty or seventy five feet down the hill in the direction of the clearing. Brush and limbs thrashing, breaking, hitting together. Then about five minutes later, the same noise closer down the hill. The last time, it happened about 20 yards into the thicket from the clearing. Then, out of the thicket stepped something, walking on two legs, black from head to toe, with it's arms swinging by it's sides it walked across the clearing in probably no more than five or six seconds. I was too scared to move, but I took my gun and eased out of there, too busy watching the clearing to really look for tracks, but the grass was so thick I couldn't have seen any anyway. When I got to the truck, I waited on my hunting partner, worried that something might have happened to him, I walked partway back into the area and met him coming out, he asked if I had seen a large pile of feces in the road through the clearing on my way out. I had walked down that road about 30 minutes earlier and it wasn't there then. He said it was in the area where I saw this thing cross. He described the feces as loose, with grass and long, black hairs in it. I then told him what I saw and he said he was sure it was a bear and my imagination added to it. He never did believe me and no one else has, either. But it's true, I am a minister and have no reason to lie.

ALSO NOTICED: The pile of feces, found by my friend, in the same place it crossed the clearing, the feces had grass and black hairs in it.

OTHER WITNESSES: none

OTHER STORIES: Not in the same area.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About eight a.m., cloudy but with good light. I couldn't see a face.

ENVIRONMENT: A clearing between two cedar thickets.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

I spoke with the witness by phone. The sighting occured at about 100 yards distance. The witness could have gotten a much better look through his rifle's scope, but he related, "I was so shocked I didn't even look through the scope". The creature was uniform in color, even the face area. He described the heigth as larger than human sized, "but not unusually bigger". The arms reached "maybe a little below the hip". The gait was described as "long steps,walking fast, very much like a human". No vocalizations were heard.

About BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

Tony Gerard is a community college biology professor.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Lawrence County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm 

Quote:
Report # 2389 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Keith S. on Sunday, November 15, 1998. Highpitched vocalizations heard. (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1995

SEASON: Summer

OBSERVED: A few years ago my cousin and I were outside and heard very loud noises, I've hunted, camped, all my life. I have heard many animal calls, I've heard them all. These noises were very loud, and highpitched. Until recently I've always wondered what these noises were. I was watching A&E In Search Of, Bigfoot, they were audio taping trails where bigfoot was sighted. I was shocked when they played these tapes. They sounded exactly the same. An experience like this will really wake you up. This is no bull, people laugh, make jokes but its true.

We did not find anything, it was dark and hard to tell in what direction the noise was coming from. We Looked around the next day and didn't find any sign on the ground or on the trees. Its not a mystery to me anymore, I know the truth.

OTHER WITNESSES: Sitting outside talking.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: This happened in 1995 mid-summer About nine thirty pm.

ENVIRONMENT: This happened in a wooded cow pasture, it has a creek through it. The cow pasture has high banks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm 

Quote:
Report # 11966 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, June 24, 2005. Ginsing hunters have daytime sighting near Blaine. (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2003-2004

MONTH: July

NEAREST TOWN: Blaine

NEAREST ROAD: RT 32

OBSERVED: A few years ago.Me and my wife was going ginseng hunting.Back in the woods behind our home.It was starting to get warm out the sun was up.We started over the hill top.And the under brush started to get thicker.but we went on.my wife started looking down in this wash out (ditch) I was going along the top of this wash out.(the wash out or ditch mind you was about 12 foot deep and about 20 wide and goes all the way down this hill about 300 feet)We were just going along looking.I heard some noises coming from across the ditch.about 20 to 30 feet away.I tought it might have been a deer or something .I kept on looking in the way the noise was coming.The noise was trees and brush slapping togehter.I seen some brush moving around.then it stop.I was looking trying to see what was making the noises.thats when it came into my view.there was.this thing with redish brown hair.alover at least the parts I seen.I only seen from the chest up.I was only 20 - 30 feet away from it I could see its dark eyes,face,everything.It looked like a man to me.My wife was still down in the wash out.I could see her.I watch this thing.look down at her then back at me.I had a loaded.22 rifle with me but I could not bring the gun up.It watch us for a few minutes.then I got up enough nerve.To tell my wife to head back up the hill.We was only there about 20 minutes she ask me why are we leaving so fast?.I told her to just get up the hill.But go slow .I didnt know if it would come after us.If we took off running.I watched as she went up the hill.I was walking backwards.Trying to see where it was.and what is was doing.i seen its chest thru the brush As we headed up the hill.thats when my wife seen it to.She started to run.But I got her to stop.We made it home.We have had dogs missing.Only to find them later on tore apart.There insides tore out.This pass deer season (2004).I was back behind my house.hunting I started up the hill.across from where I and my wife seen (Bigfoot).I had a big rock thrown.at me .The rock hit in the top of a big tree.I watched it bounce.off the tree.and hit the ground .I put up my gun looking thru my scope I couldnt seen anything.It was cold on this day

ALSO NOTICED: the place stunk.Inbetween a skunk and a wet dog.I came home and drew a picture of what we seen

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my wife.

OTHER STORIES: Yes across the creek.there is a big field.then you have RT 201 which runs north and south.there was this old man that was coon hunting and as he drove south on 201 he seen something run across the road .He said it was upright on two legs.running like a man covered with hair.He refuse to go hunting again

TIME AND CONDITIONS: around 9:00am It was in the summer time the sun was up .It was kind of shady in the woods where we was.

ENVIRONMENT: hillside,ridges.you have to walk into it .A way back in the woods.Alot of steep hills

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

I spoke with both witnesses by phone. Apparently, to the witnesses, this daytime sighting is the most dramatic in a long running series of events. The husband had the closest and longest look at the creature, although he could only see it from the mid torso up. He described its build as broad and muscular, three to four feet across the shoulders, and between six and seven feet tall. The entire body was covered with long, reddish brown hair. The husband described the head shape as being pointed toward the back. No ears were visible. Hair covered the face "like a man with a beard"; the hair was thinner around the eyes and on the forehead. The eyes were large and dark in color. The mouth was described as wide, with thick, dark lips. The nose was broad and flat. Overall the face did not project forward in a muzzle, but was "flat like a person or a monkey".

After the couple went up the hill away from the creature it apparently followed them at a distance.

Approximately a week later, at dusk, the wife was in the back yard when "the dogs went crazy barking". She then saw a creature "just standing" in the woods about seventy five to one hundred feet away. She described this creature as having a more blondish brown hair and did not think it was the same individual she and her husband had seen earlier.

The rock throwing incident occurred in the same area of the sighting. The husband heard a noise at the top of the ridge and looked up to see a rock "about the size of a football" hit the top of a tree near him and bounce downhill.

"About four years ago", during the summer, the husband was ginseng hunting in the company of his father and brother. They heard what sounded like "Chinamen talking" from one hill to another, then a sound like a tree falling. They then quickly left the area.

The wife also related that they had found several trees over the years twisted off, "like you'd wring out a washcloth" at a level above human head height.

About BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

Tony Gerard is a community college biology professor.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:24 pm 

Quote:
Report # 27589 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, April 15, 2010. Possible footprint and strange occurrences at a rural residence west of Louisa (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2010

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

DATE: 13-15

LOCATION DETAILS: West from louisa, in a area called fallsburg.

NEAREST TOWN: Louisa

NEAREST ROAD: Morgans Creek Road

OBSERVED: I live in the very wooded hills of eastern kentucky. I noticed that some of my garbage behind my house had been ripped up, not reallly chewed up. Then one night about 2a.m. I let my dog out for the night and I saw him looking up the hollow(which is a very deep valley with a creek at bottom and about 4-5 caves surround the area). About 5 minutes later i heard him barking loudly like at something and i could tell, I went to the door and yelled for him to get back here thats when i heard him skuffle with something. I could not see him but, then suddenly he came running back fast and ran in the door. I then called my dad which lives right beside me and told him to bring his light and his gun something was outback trying fight the dogs. We started to walk up the hollow and heard really loud crashing and breaking of good size limbs, and also heard a grunting sound a couple time. They move for about 30 seconds very loudy breaking everything it sounded like, I heard alot of animal run in the woods but not any that just run right through the trees most animals will dodge the brush. We held the light up on the hill about 100 feet away for awhile all we heard was one constant sounds in the leaves right in front of us as something else walked around to the right of us. We left right after that because we didnt really hear anything anymore.
The next day me and my dad decided that we was going to go look to see how the brush was broke or any kind of sign of what we were dealing with because we have had a big history of dogs just disappearing without a trace, and i have 3 dogs now so i want to protect them from whatever i thought it was. We walked all over the hill only finding spots where it seemed like something was bedding. As we were walking off we decided to walk down an old logging path off the hill, about half down my dad says whats that there and I look and see what looks like a really big human foot print, but like really big with a prominate heel and toes with a arch in the middle of the print. We both looked at it and looked at each other we both knew it looked like no animal track we had ever seen before and we are avid outdoorsmen. We came back down off the hill amazed by what we had found. So I got on the internet that night looking at some bigfoot stuff, i had watch some already and i believed in bigfoot but never really thought i would experience it in my own back yard. So I looked up some stuff and saw that some people had heard a banging stick sound.
The next day which was April 15 2010, I went back to the footprint to take pictures, which i have and would love to share. I took the pictures and decided to start banging some sticks together to see if i could call something out. I did it for probably about 10 minutes and was about to stopped i was gonna do it 2 more times. I hit it again and right after i did I heard a loud really high pitch scream/roar that sounds just like the recording that was caught in Ohio in 1994. It scared me so bad I turned and ran a fast as i could down a really steep hill running through briars and everything, i thought i was running for my life. I made it all the way back to the house i had never been that scared in my life. Ive heard almost every animal before even a bobcat and I have no clue what made that sound. I didnt even take time to look back even though i wanted to try to attract it to snap a picture. I am definately a firm believer now and I think if someone could come investigate pretty quick it may still be hanging around.
I am going to continue to try to lure it out and try to get a good clear picture( if i dont run again lol) I also have the pictures of the print that i would love to share.

ALSO NOTICED: Something i found interesting was that almost all little trees about 5 to 8 feet were snapped and broke.

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my dad, first night i woke him out of bed, second we was walking the hills looking for signs when he spotted the footprint.

OTHER STORIES: Yes my mom, dad , and sisters told me one morning that the night before they all woke up to something that sounded like a woman screaming outside there house, didnt think about it being bigfoot til i heard the vocalizations.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:00am very dark no light
2nd 3:00 pm bright but shady in the woods

ENVIRONMENT: Really wooded area, tall hills with very deep valleys, also there is a creek at the bottom of the valley. Lots of caves surround the area also

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Don Adkins:

Here is a photo of the area -

I spoke to the witness by phone. The possible print he found was 12-13 inches long, here is one of the photos, with an outline that I have added -

He has continued trying to get responses to tree knocking, but believes that there is no longer any activity in the area. I will stay in contact with the witness, to follow up if anything new happens.

About BFRO Investigator Don Adkins:

Don works in manufacturing for a major global consumer goods company. He attended North Carolina 2007 and Tennessee Expedition 2009. Also the 2010 Illinois and Tennessee Expeditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 31824 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 06, 2012.
Suspicious figures seen at dawn west of Louisa
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2012

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 4th

LOCATION DETAILS: If you go west on Hwy. 32 from Louisa KY. You will go by the Yatesville Lake, cross the Adams Hill, then drop down into Rich Creek. There is a church on the right. The sighting was on the left. You go on not even a mile is the Rich Creek boat ramp.

NEAREST TOWN: Louisa

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 32

OBSERVED: On my way from Louisa to Blaine, just before the Rich Creek boat ramp. I looked to my left to look at some horses that stay on this hill and I noticed two pine trees that I never seen before (which I thought to be pine trees). I told the person with me that I'd never seen pine trees in that spot before, she stated she had not either. No horses were around. But the next day we came by this same spot....NO PINE TREES...Whatever they were, one was standing, one was down on its knees, backs toward us, next to a big tree, color was a dark color from dark brown to a lighter brown to tips of blonde. The one standing was very large, tall and thick head came to a point. No neck that I could see. The one kneeling or on its knees, was the same almost in color, same shape in head, but didn't seem as wide at the shoulders.

ALSO NOTICED: Didn't see the horses that morning, last few times going by since they have been out, other than that, nothing.

OTHER WITNESSES: yes, one sitting and talking

OTHER STORIES: I have filed a report with you before, Ginseng Hunters.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: around 7:45am

ENVIRONMENT: A hill that is used for a pasture field for horses, trees and hills, and the lake.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jack Smarr:

The witness was a bus driver, and as he drove into town he noticed two objects in a field that should not have been there. This was about 7:20 on a January morning. The sun was starting to come up and the field was sunlit. His wife was riding along as the bus monitor. Her attention was focused on the children so she did not see it nor did he remark to her.

On the way back from town, they passed the field around 7:50 am. The field was empty. He described seeing two animals. The one standing was estimated to be nine feet tall, while the one squatting came up halfway to the standing animal. Both of their backs were turned to the road, so he did not get a look at a face. Their hair was matted brown and gray and he described them as looking “nasty”. Their width was estimated at four feet. He noticed that he could distinguish back muscles and that they looked muscular when seen from the back.

The sighting he refers to while ginseng hunting is Report #11966.

About BFRO Investigator Jack Smarr:

Jack Smarr is retired military and worked primarily in Field Artillery, Armored Cavalry and Armor units. He participated in TN 09,10,11,WV 2012 expeditions; and helped organize KY 2013 expedition. He is the organizer for the 2014 KY Daniel Boone Expedition and has conducted private expeditions in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:52 pm 

Quote:
Report # 50064 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, October 25, 2015.
Multiple incidents including possible vocalizations and rock throwing on a farm near Blaine
YEAR: 2015

MONTH: August

DATE: all spring till now

NEAREST TOWN: Blaine

NEAREST ROAD: RT32

OBSERVED: I would like to talk to you guys because a lot of other stuff has been occurring around my farm. A few months ago something screamed at me and then went who "who" like an owl. I looked up the scream on the web and the thing it sounded most like was a cougar, but the owl sound was not an owl. Other things that happens is rocks being thrown when I'm in garden, or at night when I get home and sit on back porch. Once when I was cutting fire wood at dusk and was loading wood something or someone threw a lot of rocks and made a ruckus. Also at night when I get home I sit on back porch to play with my dogs something hits the side of an old outhouse along with the rock throwing and screams. This happens most nights of the week. I've never seen anything but the day after the scream and owl call I went to where it sounded like it came from and found one track in an old rotten log. It looked like a person was barefoot and the track was the ball of the foot and the toes was showing but rain washed some of it away. Also this weekend I went to check out my treestands and beside one was a tree with big branches piled around it in a way that doesn't look natural to me. Like I said I live on a 200 acre farm and my closest neighbor is a mile away. and I hear stuff and things get tossed off of hillsides night and day.

ALSO NOTICED: all kinds of weird stuff that don't add up

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and my dogs

OTHER STORIES: I don't talk about it to anyone but others have strange stories of the woodbooger

TIME AND CONDITIONS: all times, all weather

ENVIRONMENT: Appalachian foot hills

I talked extensively with the witness on the telephone. He is experiencing multiple incidents on his 200 acre farm that was inherited from his grandparents. The activity seems to happen during the spring and summer months. “Nothing significant has happened since the first week of September.” The witness works afternoon shift and does not get home until 10 or 10:30 pm. Last spring, he heard a “whoop” up the holler at an estimated distance of 600 yards away. About ten minutes later, he heard the same “whoop” (only much louder) from the barn area 70 yards away. He immediately grabbed a gun and a spotlight to go outside. Living alone, with no close neighbors, he did not see or hear anything while he was outside. This summer he was putting in a garden and noticed that rocks about the size of your head kept rolling down the hill while he was pounding in tomato stakes. He would stop and look up the hill, but the rocks would stop. As soon as he looked down to start working, the rocks would come down the hill again. This happened three times in a row while either pounding stakes or tying up the tomato plants. He got an eerie feeling that he was being watched. Then suddenly a tree fell over on the hill where the rocks were coming from. He has heard trees fall at least two more times since then.

Later that summer, he was splitting wood for winter. He would get home at 10 or so and split a few logs every night before he went inside. As he was splitting logs, he would hear pebbles from the hillside hit the tin roof of his car port.

One night, he was sitting outside of his house relaxing when a “blood curdling” scream came from the flat of the hill about thirty yards over his head. “It sounded like a woman screaming”, the witness shared. As soon as the scream stopped, he heard “who, who”. But it did not sound like an owl, it sounded like somebody saying “who”. He yelled up the hill asking “who is up there?” But he did not get a reply.

Lastly, the witness noted that he has been going through a fifty pound bag of dog food each week for two outside dogs he keeps. He thinks this is an abnormally large amount of dog food for just two dogs. He is currently using his only trail camera for his deer stand, but plans to train the camera on the dog bowls over the winter.

Jack Smarr is retired military and worked primarily in Field Artillery, Armored Cavalry and Armor units. He participated in TN 09,10,11,WV 2012 expeditions; and helped organize KY 2013 expedition. He organized the 2014 KY Daniel Boone Expedition, the 2015 Central Kentucky Expedition and has conducted private expeditions in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio. Jack is organizing the NorthEastern Kentucky Expedition in April of 2016.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:30 am 

Quote:
Report # 50318 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, November 29, 2015.
More strange incidents reported from an old Farmplace near Blaine
YEAR: 2015

MONTH: October

DATE: 11-21-15

NEAREST TOWN: Blaine KY

NEAREST ROAD: Rt. 32

OBSERVED: This is a follow-up report. It is about the 50 lb. dog food a week, and the x tree marker I found by my deer stand in early fall of 2015. First the dog food. I moved my game cam to see if I can figure out why so much dog food is has been missing. No surprise there. Just pics of me and the dogs. What is surprising is I haven't had to buy any dog food for around three weeks! Again this is down from a 50 lb. dog food bag a week to a 50 lb. bag bought over three weeks ago and the only thing changed is the camera. The other thing is what some call a tree marker. I found this in early Oct. When I went to check on my deer stands. It is made out of two large branches that cross to make a x shape. It also has a twig in the middle that is y shaped upside down. One end of the big branches is stuck in the roots of one tree and the other end is supported by the branch of another tree. The other branch that makes the x has one end stuck in the ground and the other in a branch on another tree (the one with first branch stuck in roots) with a smaller branch put in to hold it. When I first found the x marker the leaves had started falling and I found three of different colors and put them on center twig half way down the y. The next week they was gone. Ok no big deal. Before leaving I put an apple in the crook of the tree the x was on out of reach of deer and placed three more leaves on the y twig, made sure they would stay by breaking the y's end. The next week I went back and no leaves and apple is gone. Maybe some other critter got the apple, I don't know, My game cam is still on dog food. Anyway I left another apple a jar of pb and tied on a piece of blaze orange string on the x. This time a couple of weeks go by and some friends and I go riding and I asked if they would want to see the x. It was night, we rode to the x, apple was there but the peanut butter was missing. We looked around and couldn't find it. I said look for tracks, none found, so we checked out the x and my friend found a hair on the x marker. We went back home and she pulled the hair out of her pocket so we could check it out. It is an inch long and curly but the weird thing is its clear looking. I still have it and pics of the x marker, however what gets me is when I went hunting on the 21st of Nov. I went to the stand by the x marker (10 ft away) and the jar of peanut butter was on my stand with the lid on it and 2/3 missing!! I am the type that has to see or have real good proof of bf before I believe. However a lot of strange stuff has been going on around here and I wanted to share.

OTHER WITNESSES: two friends with me when hair found

OTHER STORIES: A friend of mine had his camper lifted off the ground at 4am a few times and when he went out to look nobody around and no wind and his dog didn't bark.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: day and night

ENVIRONMENT: Thicket with old strip mine reclaim behind and hard wood forest in front of

I spoke to the witness on the phone and he sent pictures of the wood structure near his stand. In a previous conversation regarding his previous Report #50064, the witness said that he was going through about 50 pounds of dog food per week for two regular size dogs. I have two dogs and I might go through 50 pounds a month. I suggested that he put his game cam on the food trough located in his car port. He said he would as soon as deer season starts. This would potentially show other thieves (raccoons, possums, coyotes). I also thought that using a game cam would serve as a deterrent to Bigfoot stealing food. Bigfoot is known to be quite camera shy. Sure enough, the witness called me up a month later to say that he set up the game cam over the food and the consumption of dog food had significantly decreased. I then asked him to take the camera off of the dog food to see if consumption would increase to fifty pounds a week. I am waiting on those results. The witness reported dirt clods and stones being thrown at him from the steep hillside beside his garden last summer. He said that he would focus his attention on staking tomato plants and a stone would land nearby. When he stopped pounding the stakes and look up to the source location of the missile attacks, he would see nothing. Upon resuming the pounding, another rock would land nearby.

Here are the photos he sent me of the "tree markers" by his deer stand:

The "X" was found in the woods where the peanut butter jar was moved to from the deer stand, "X" measuring 5' x 7':

One of our hair experts looked at the hair and said it was from a coyote.

Jack Smarr is retired military and worked primarily in Field Artillery, Armored Cavalry and Armor units. He participated in TN 09,10,11,WV 2012 expeditions; and helped organize KY 2013 expedition. He organized the 2014 KY Daniel Boone Expedition, the 2015 Central Kentucky Expedition and has conducted private expeditions in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio. Jack is organizing the NorthEastern Kentucky Expedition in April of 2016.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:32 pm 

Quote:
Report # 61108 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, October 28, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farmer family frightened by ongoing Class B activity around rural home in hollers 12.5 miles south of Grayson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAR: 2018

MONTH: October

DATE: 20th

LOCATION DETAILS: Bells Trace Road

NEAREST TOWN: Blane

NEAREST ROAD: [Nearest major road] Route 1

OBSERVED: We’ve had several noises occurring over the past month. Some loggers just started cutting on the property next to us. So I think has made them angry and it seems that they are mad at us. We didn’t own the property. We are not people who want the trees cut down. But here lately we’ve had knocking on trees, slapping the side of our house footsteps and growling right outside our house. When I walked down my driveway I heard what sounded like a stick being hit against a tree trunk. Heard running around my house late at night.

OTHER WITNESSES: 4 People

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Dusk and night

ENVIRONMENT: Forest

I spoke with the witness by phone. More details:

The witness’ “outside” dog sleeps on the front porch and usually roams the property at all hours. The dog will no longer leave the front porch after dark.

The family has to park the car down the driveway and walk one hundred yards to the house due to the instability of the bridge that crosses the creek in front of the house. The family feels like they are being watched whenever they walk from the car to the house. Her kids are terrified. They heard three thuds against the house on the night prior to me calling.

One night after walking the dog and hearing the growl she heard a branch land on the back porch. She went inside to get her husband, who got out his shotgun and shot it into the air in an attempt to scare “whatever it was” away.

They do not leave dog food near the house. The outside dog is fed in the barn during the daylight hours. The barn is locked at night. They do have an outdoor light but are planning to add more lights to the area and install a security camera. These occurrences are ongoing.

[Matt Moneymaker Notes:

ATTN American scientists,

Let us know if you'd like to document this activity on site.

Jack Smarr is retired military and worked primarily in Field Artillery, Armored Cavalry and Armor units. He participated in TN 09,10,11,WV 2012 expeditions; and helped organize KY 2013 expedition. He organized the 2014 KY Daniel Boone Expedition, the 2015 Central Kentucky Expedition, the 2016 Carter Caves State Park Expedition, Northeastern Kentucky 2017, Kentucky 2018 and has conducted private expeditions in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio.

Profile Personal album