Which Relict Hominid is the Best Candidate For Bigfoot

This is for anything not covered by other forums here, it's the general discussion forum.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Which Relict Hominid is the Best Candidate For Bigfoot

Post by admin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 am

Author: Rebelistic [ Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 am ]
Post subject: Which Relict Hominid is the Best Candidate For Bigfoot
It has come up in a sightings report of questions on the different types of reported differences in they way they look. From the ape like, to the human looking, to the dogman looking one. Are they different species? Or variations of the same critter? We have some newer folks here so lets get some opinions.
Author: Biggjimm [ Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:25 am ]
Post subject: Re: Which Relict Hominid is the Best Candidate For Bigfoot
I tend to classify mystery primates based on morphology.
Hominid, Ape, and Monkey

Hominids have all five toes in a strong row and oriented the same way
Apes have a strongly divergent great toe
monkeys tend to have more finger like digits and the great toe is set further back than in apes. and they have tails

Based on this alone I classify bigfoot as a hominid, and bipedal primate fully adapted for walking upright.
Author: Grayson [ Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:36 pm ]
I am not sure that some of the "Dogman" type sightings are not actually bears or some other known animal.

The clearest picture that I have seen one (I cannot remember where I saw it) was of a creature that holding what looked the body of a small dog or rabbit that it was possibly eating. The creature looked like a large baboon that had escaped from a circus or zoo. I know that macaques and baboons can adapt to fairly cold weather so I would not be surprised to find some living in temperate forest

This would mean that I think at least some of the dogman sightings are just big, rather mean monkeys
Author: Opsimath [ Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:11 pm ]
Grayson wrote:
I am not sure that some of the "Dogman" type sightings are not actually bears or some other known animal.

The clearest picture that I have seen one (I cannot remember where I saw it) was of a creature that holding what looked the body of a small dog or rabbit that it was possibly eating. The creature looked like a large baboon that had escaped from a circus or zoo....

I believe you may be referring to "The Beast of Seven Chutes" photograph (try Googling that) taken some years ago in Seven Chutes, Quebec, Canada. It certainly is a curious photo which seems to show a dogman type of creature.
Author: Grayson [ Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm ]
Opsimath wrote:
Grayson wrote:

The clearest picture that I have seen one (I cannot remember where I saw it) was of a creature that holding what looked the body of a small dog or rabbit that it was possibly eating. The creature looked like a large baboon that had escaped from a circus or zoo....

I believe you may be referring to "The Beast of Seven Chutes" photograph (try Googling that) taken some years ago in Seven Chutes, Quebec, Canada. It certainly is a curious photo which seems to show a dogman type of creature.

Yes and here is a link to an enhanced picture of the beast
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=The ... b13f088fo0

That is a baboon
Author: YankeeSearch [ Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:59 am ]
Grayson wrote:
Opsimath wrote:
Grayson wrote:

That is a baboon

It certainly could be a baboon, but it is also standing fairly upright, and is less chunky than many baboons... (Though some are as thin as this one). And it is holding something in is arms in a pattern different from baboons...
Not saying you are wrong, or the analysis is wrong. I guess I am saying there are some unusual features about this creature compared to a baboon. That also presumes no one has done a stellar editing job on the photo.
Author: Grayson [ Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 am ]
YankeeSearch wrote:
Grayson wrote:
Opsimath wrote:
Grayson wrote:

That is a baboon

It certainly could be a baboon, but it is also standing fairly upright, and is less chunky than many baboons... (Though some are as thin as this one). And it is holding something in is arms in a pattern different from baboons...
Not saying you are wrong, or the analysis is wrong. I guess I am saying there are some unusual features about this creature compared to a baboon. That also presumes no one has done a stellar editing job on the photo.

Let me tell you what I know about baboons
Years ago I was jogging on a nature trail in the New Territories of Hong Kong, There are baboons/macaques in the park thanks to a demented English fool who imported them from Africa in the 19th century. There are big signs at the entrance to the park with pictures of bites inflected by these animals and warnings in several languages to not feed or bother them. I neither fed or bother them so I had no real fear of them until this encounter. I crested a small hill that had a curve and there were a group of baboons in the middle of the paved trail that were fighting over the carcass of a roasted duck (I have no idea where they got the duck) This was a troop of about 15 baboons of several different ages from very young ones to big red-assed males.

I stopped when I saw them but because of the blind curve and the hill I was too close. They started making a circle around me, snarling and whooping. Not know what to do but assuming I should not turn and run I started backing slowly the way I'd come and snarling to show them I wasn't scared even though I was about to pee my pants. The troop of baboons kept circling and moving forward I kept retreating.

Needless to say by this time I was really scared. I can't think of anything scarier than being eaten by baboons. I also realized why everyone but me in the park carried bamboo poles and why I should have had one. Just as it was getting really critical a Chinese man, his English wife and their standard poodle, who I had passed came up behind me. When it was two men a woman and a big dog it changed the odds and the baboons dispersed. I never went to jog in that park again. But I've seen baboons, wild ones, angry ones up close and way more personal than I ever want to again.

I am not sure that story has any bearing on this topic other than I KNOW what a baboon/Macaque looks like but it is a good story, especially since I lived to tell it.
Author: Rebelistic [ Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:13 am ]
What kind of environment do baboons live? Could they survive in the area of the photo? Grayson.... WOW. That would have scared the wits out of me for sure! The similarities are striking between the baboon and the Beast of Seven Chutes. If the baboon could take that type of temps it looks pretty much like a dead ringer. If so the question is, how did it get there?
Author: therealsuperdave [ Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 pm ]
A letter circulated on the internet several years ago, which addressed this topic. Dr. Miller thought there were 5 types, which he named
Cebidatelidae arktos
Cebidatelidae nerteros pacificus
Cebidatelidae somphos
Cebidatelidae americanus
Cebidatelidae texicanus
Cebidatelidae amazonia

the letter was supposedly written by a medical doctor who worked with the USDA/FS. Back story was the letter was read and published 5 years after the doctor's death. Authenticity is questionable and is still hotly debated in the Bigfoot community. According to old Internet responses, the letter was sent to Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, who stated his doubt in its authenticity.

The Following was written by Dr. H.A. Miller (Now deceased) and transcribed by the surviving family.

Born in New England, December 12th, 1909… I was the first and only child of Christiana and Arthur Miller. My mother died in child birth and I was subsequently raised by my father until re-married to a French woman when I was 12 or 13 years of age. Soon after their marriage she bore a baby girl. I finished my high school education while living with my father, step-mother, and half-sister.

[There is an entire section here that I could not transcribe- Handwriting was illegible]

I remained in New England for my undergraduate work. I thoroughly enjoyed the outdoors, the ocean and forestry. My under-graduate studies focused on forestry and land management. While in my junior and senior year, I was employed by the Federal Government.

I worked at Lockwood Farm (part of The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station). I learned about hybridization in agricultural and enjoyed the hard outdoor work in the corn fields. I began to find great interest in the scientific workings happening with corn seed at the time.

I completed an additional year in Forestry science and graduated in 1930 with an A.B. from Yale University and an M.F. in 1931 (M.F. is a Master of Science in Forestry).

I labored at Lockwood Farm for a few years and gained great interest in science and medicine; by this time and I did hope to attend Medical School and become a physician. I expeditiously applied for Medical School and was accepted to Harvard and began my medical training in 1938.

Graduating from Harvard medical school (Harvard) in the early 1940s and I completed residency and fellowship at Harvard and began a very specialized career at the time in Orthopedic Forensic Surgery Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston.

Because of my previous work with the USDA, I was quickly employed by the federal government. My early years as a physician related mostly to providing medical support to various employee types (fire fighters, etc.) within the USDA/FS.

I also became the forensic expert and anatomist for the USDA and was called to examine most major accidental deaths of USDA/FS servicemen. Due to my interest in genetics and early experiences in agricultural hybridization, I was assigned to scientific teams, which investigated the physical nature of genetics.

Our early experiments determined that DNA is the component of the chromosomes where genetics should be studied; this, along with the efforts of several other scientists, lead to the discovery of the double helix structure in early 1950s.

It was at this same time that several of our team members were called to Bandera County, TX where the forestry scientists/biologists assigned to Edwards Plateau reported the dead bodies of a strange type of human. The first reports I received were speculating that they were feral humans from the local Comanche Indian tribes. The bodies were supposedly found in or around one of the massive caves within the Edwards Plateau area.

When I arrived in Texas, I was surprised to find 3 bodies; one adult female and two female juveniles. I examined them as I typically would any human subject. But to my dismay--one of these creatures still seemed to be alive. I became quite upset with the local scientists--but they reassured me that they confirmed all 3 were deceased.

After further investigation, I found that these creatures were not human. They, in fact, had a remarkable rapid reparative process (hence the reason one of the creatures seemed dead--but in fact was regenerating to a degree). Unfortunately the restorative abilities of the creature were not enough to keep it alive. They were massive in size and distinctly a new primate species unknown to science at the time.

I spent years studying these creatures (which are scientifically known as Cebidatelidae), confirming that they were most certainly not human; they were definitely of Primate origin, but with traits seen in various species of primate – most of which were New World monkey.

Cebidatelidae found in the San Antonio Texas area very much “howl” like a howler monkey (quite frightening to hear at night). At one point early in my analysis, I found a great deal of similarity between these bigfoot creatures and the Howler Monkey- that was until 1962…..

In late 1962 early ’63 I was notified of a large human like creature by the Redding forest service folks in California. I arranged for transport of the body to my primary location in Colorado. It was reported to me that the body was found under a large tree that had been violently struck by lightning and blown to the ground, apparently killing this large creature.

During my investigation- I found the animal to be very similar to those I had studied in the Bandera County area of Texas, with some marked differences. This northern version of Cebidatelidae seemed to have the same new world monkey attributes I notated in the Texas animals (known today as Cebidatelidae texicanus or C. texicanus).

However, there were unique traits found in this Pacific Northwest animal (known today as Cebidatelidae nerteros pacificus or C. nerteros pacificus) including thumbs that are not entirely opposable, as we see in modern humans. C. nerteros pacificus entire hand was truly designed for grip, including proximal pads; making the hand somewhat hooked like, having flattened nails resulting in my theory that these northern creatures developed an evolutionary arboreal nature while the Texas sub-family developed a trogloxene nature.

This Pacific Northwest (PNW) creature found in 1962-63 also had scent glands on her forearms. This is more evidence that C. nerteros pacificus is arboreal to some extent, leaving sent marks up and down the tree while climbing. Not only was this creature smashed by the large tree, but she was also badly burned with areas of lightning prints on exposed skin. I notated in my Medical Examination report of the body that it seemed as though lightning struck the animal passing through the body and into the tree; subsequently weakening the tree and causing it to fall to the ground.

It did seem as though the animal had fallen to the ground first, with the tree falling on top of her afterward- but the evidence as to whether the animal fell first or with the tree is inconclusive. However, it is clear lightning struck the tree at a decent height of over 20 feet; therefore this animal must have been clinging to the tree at the time of the lightning strike…. more evidence of the arboreal nature of C. nerteros pacificus.

C. nerteros pacificus also has additional medial padding on the feet, which it would use to climb trees by clinging to the tree with its hands and support its weight.

Both the C. nerteros pacificus and C. texicanus have oversized lower jaws, including massive sternocleidomastoid musculature. This must have been due to their rugged diet and, moreover, their need to crush bones. Their lower dentum at first looked as a second row of molars. But after years of research and examining the dead bodies of these animals, I have found that the lower molars are simply oversized or fused resulting in massive, bone crushing tools.

Due to their jaw size and bone crushing dentum, it is also clear that all sub-family of this creature are omnivorous, predacious and opportunistic. We did find that the female killed during the Columbus Day storm was pregnant with monozygotic embryos. All female Cebidatelidae bodies I have investigated throughout my career that have been pregnant have monozygotic embryos; this again, incorporating additional evidence of a new world monkey relationship.

Due to my investigations of the 1950s bodies in Texas and the 1960s PNW Columbus day storm body- I submitted to the Department of Agriculture that this is a new Platyrrhini species and that a new family under the parvorder should be created. Fellow scientists of mine disagreed given the fact that the creatures we examined in both cases were obviously bipedal and catarrhini in terms of their nostrils facing downward (old world monkeys).

However, the juveniles we have examined are much more platyrrhini in terms of nostril breadth and position. I won the debate in the end due to the fact that no evidence thus far demonstrates that these creatures crossed over from the old world- but are simply new world monkeys adapting to their various staged areas within North and South America*.

I have since retired and I know of some new University of Utah based scientists and Idaho who understand the genetics a bit better. Their findings are only supporting my original theorems, or at least I am told. These molecular biologists will soon understand the similarities with humans- once the human genome project is completed. As a result, I still refer to the Sasquatch species as Cebidatelidae with the following subfamilies:
Cebidatelidae arktos
Cebidatelidae somphos
Cebidatelidae americanus
Cebidatelidae texicanus
Cebidatelidae amazonia

*Any of these species found outside the New World must have originated from and migrated out of the new world.
All of my experience with this primate has been post-mortem, save a few unique experiences in the wild. To my knowledge a live specimen has never been captured except for once in Northern Research station in California. However, the animal did not survive in captivity and died after only several days.

I, of course, examined the body. There were many rumors that this captured “Sasquatch” was somehow magical and could shape shift and that is why it couldn’t be found. The truth is… the folks at Northern Research station were very devastated and embarrassed that this live specimen died so quickly after being in captivity. So no, they are not magical. They are highly intelligent primates.

Having one die in captivity is a very difficult to witness due to the human nature and feeling about the species. In reality, captivity will never be realistic for Cebidatelidae because of their size and complex brains. Similar to captive white sharks, the species cannot thrive in captivity and quickly die as a protective mechanism.

I have spent a great deal of my career as an expert for the federal government concerning Cebidatelidae and throughout the world, including the bodies recovered in the 80s due to Mount Saint Helen eruption. We made many recommendations to protect the species, but the DOI has constant concern regarding the impact of such a decision due to the vast number of areas this species inhabits. Such a decision would have potential negative impacts on the natural resource industry. The USFS is now working more toward creating protective wildlife refuges for Cebidatelidae.
[There is an entire section here that I could not transcribe- Handwriting was illegible]
…others on the team focused on molecular genetics….
…. the USFS and the DOI is recognizing now that the natural resource industry is not the economic center as it once was. So a final decision has been made to finalize the class 1 identification of the species. There is a 20 year plan to incorporate all wildlife protection areas throughout many areas of the United States to ensure federal land protection for Cebidatelidae starting with California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.

I was upset by this decision because the first location the species was identified scientifically was Texas. I petitioned and as a result, the Government Canyon State Natural Area will be protected, opened to the public and expanded in Bexar County, TX. The long-term plan will be to open each of these designated “Natural Areas” to the public. Once all of the designated Cebidatelidae “Natural Areas” are open to the public, the DOI will announce the species as an endangered New World Primate. I am not sure if this will happen, and the Government Canyon State Natural Area will not be open to the public until 2005 and then expanded later in 2009, and then again in 2012. This will all happen long after I am dead I’m afraid.

I am currently still living in Colorado and I have attempted to journal my experience with the discovery of this new massive primate. The species is amazing, powerful, and deadly if angered. Like any animal, it will protect itself, its food source and its young at all cost. Artiodactyla are Cebidatelidaes’ primary food source. It is imperative that the federal government continue to designate “Natural Areas”. Otherwise, a scarce food resource available to Cebidatelidae will result in more opportunistic feeding behavior and closer interaction between Humans and Cebidatelidae. These creatures and human beings simply do not co-exist.
H.A. Miller, MD, PhD (Now deceased)
Influenced by the writings of Anatomist Dr. Thomas Dwight among which includes: "Frozen Sections of a Child" (1872); "Clinical Atlas of Variations of the Bones of the Hands and Feet" (1907); "Thoughts of a Catholic Anatomist" (1911)
Author: Grayson [ Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:26 pm ]
Rebelistic wrote:
What kind of environment do baboons live? Could they survive in the area of the photo? Grayson.... WOW. That would have scared the wits out of me for sure! The similarities are striking between the baboon and the Beast of Seven Chutes. If the baboon could take that type of temps it looks pretty much like a dead ringer. If so the question is, how did it get there?

I agree the weather is a huge, huge issue but they are smart animals and they climb well so maybe they could find shelter in a tree or cave? Macaques in Japan, which are smaller than baboons live in very cold climates. They are called Snow Monkeys and they've gotten so tame that people can even get in the thermal pools and bath with them. Chacma baboons live as far South as the Cape of Good Hope which has a fairly cool winter. However, it looks like they can tolerate colder temperatures.
http://tinyurl.com/pvbabkd

The bigger Mandrills which come from tropical climates apparently don't do as well in cold.

How'd they get there? Who knows? They could have escaped from a circus or zoo. They could have been some sort of exotic pet that escaped. Stowaways on cargo ships. Or an eccentric British military officer could have introduced them in the 19th century because he was self centered and weird. There is also the possibility that they are a native species though I doubt that because there would be more of them.

Notice a Chacma baboon can stand nearly 4 feet tall and weigh more than 80 pounds. We are talking about a large enough animal to be threatening.

I could be wrong but I think many of the sightings of "Dog Man" type creatures are actually baboons which have been introduce to N. American forest. The physiology is just too similar.
Author: Opsimath [ Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:59 pm ]
therealsuperdave wrote:
A letter circulated on the internet several years ago, which addressed this topic. Dr. Miller thought there were 5 types, which he named
Cebidatelidae arktos
Cebidatelidae somphos
Cebidatelidae americanus
Cebidatelidae texicanus
Cebidatelidae amazonia

That truly is an amazing account, "therealsuperdave". Any idea when this was written and are there any more details concerning the doctor? Thanks.
Author: YankeeSearch [ Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:18 pm ]
Grayson wrote:
YankeeSearch wrote:
Grayson wrote:
Opsimath wrote:
Grayson wrote:

That is a baboon

Let me tell you what I know about baboons
Years ago I was jogging on a nature trail in the New Territories of Hong Kong, There are baboons/macaques in the park thanks to a demented English fool who imported them from Africa in the 19th century. There are big signs at the entrance to the park with pictures of bites inflected by these animals and warnings in several languages to not feed or bother them. I neither fed or bother them so I had no real fear of them until this encounter. I crested a small hill that had a curve and there were a group of baboons in the middle of the paved trail that were fighting over the carcass of a roasted duck (I have no idea where they got the duck) This was a troop of about 15 baboons of several different ages from very young ones to big red-assed males.

I stopped when I saw them but because of the blind curve and the hill I was too close. They started making a circle around me, snarling and whooping. Not know what to do but assuming I should not turn and run I started backing slowly the way I'd come and snarling to show them I wasn't scared even though I was about to pee my pants. The troop of baboons kept circling and moving forward I kept retreating.

Needless to say by this time I was really scared. I can't think of anything scarier than being eaten by baboons. I also realized why everyone but me in the park carried bamboo poles and why I should have had one. Just as it was getting really critical a Chinese man, his English wife and their standard poodle, who I had passed came up behind me. When it was two men a woman and a big dog it changed the odds and the baboons dispersed. I never went to jog in that park again. But I've seen baboons, wild ones, angry ones up close and way more personal than I ever want to again.

I am not sure that story has any bearing on this topic other than I KNOW what a baboon/Macaque looks like but it is a good story, especially since I lived to tell it.

I withdraw my statement; it just seemed a little more upright than I would expect. :oops: :)
Author: Grayson [ Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:10 pm ]
No you may very well be right

I might be mistaken too.

One of the issues is that there is no scale for that picture. Is it 3 feet tall or is it 7 feet tall? We can't see movement so we don't know how it walks. Is there a tail? Is the whole thing an optical illusion?

All I can say for certain is that the head looks like a baboon.

I appreciate your input. It is/was a fun discussion. Thanks for replying to me. It is appreciated
Author: Nightwind [ Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:26 pm ]
This is all good research, very compelling to bring forth the area's of a difference in the beings. Do I truly believe some are not part human, no I don't. first sighting 60 years ago, was in full winter coat, in the dead of winter 1955 or after new year in a bone freezing storm in southern Ohio. Massive, fast a lightning, jumping yard fences with graceful stride as it ran a marathon Through the east end of our city. Next sighting was Aprox, at 8 foot 2 days in a row in 1999. Great visual. She was white with white skin. She looked more human than animal except her arms and hands were a little longer, feet were large but human looking, face looked human. Hair was every where Except hands, feet, breast, with sparse hair on the face. no aggression or fear. I call her Maddy
Author: therealsuperdave [ Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:06 pm ]
Just read Steve Kull's article debunking the Miller Letter story, referenced above. Steve
Kull presents information attributing the story to a suspected hoaxer. Here's the link to his article

https://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/ ... st-begins/
Author: YankeeSearch [ Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:23 pm ]
Grayson wrote:
No you may very well be right

I might be mistaken too.
One of the issues is that there is no scale for that picture. Is it 3 feet tall or is it 7 feet tall? We can't see movement so we don't know how it walks. Is there a tail? Is the whole thing an optical illusion?
All I can say for certain is that the head looks like a baboon.
I appreciate your input. It is/was a fun discussion. Thanks for replying to me. It is appreciated

I agree. You cannot tell how tall it is.
But if you have seen them, you KNOW what they look in real life and whether that fits the profile.
The only thing that might give it scales is what it appears to be carrying... people say it is a small animal, but who knows.
Author: Biggjimm [ Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:24 am ]
The whole dogman thing has a cultural slant to it. Most of the areas where they are reported were settled by germanic people. I don't think that is a coincidence. There are stories and sightings of a "werewolf" on the north end of the county here, but some of the the witness have described the creature as reddish in color with a head and shoulders that were lighter. The funny thing is on the other end of the county there are sightings of a bigfoot matching that same color pattern. Clearly the people are seeing the same creature, but to one group werewolves are more believable than bigfoot, so werewolves and dogmen they become.

Return to “General Discussion”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting