When Sasquatch Finds Us

This is for anything not covered by other forums here, it's the general discussion forum.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
Rebelistic
MABRC Forum Moderator
MABRC Forum Moderator

When Sasquatch Finds Us

Post by Rebelistic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 am

The recent sighting that Bernie and I had has been making me think. Bernie had watched it for about 20 minutes. During that time it appeared to come into view, then leave and back into view. It also seemed to each time come closer as the silhouette became more defined. Bernie would tell me that he thought he was seeing something but could be sure as the silhouette wasn't real clear.

I think that their eyesight may not be much better than ours. If it was better why would it get close and take the chance to be spotted? When I got up and looked over Bernie's shoulder it was pretty clear to me that the silhouette had the right shape. It was either swaying or moving a branch almost in a manner to try and stay hid. There was little or no wind that evening so it was not a wind artifact. I started to also sway from side to side. That is when the vocalization started. It seemed to go into freeze frame mode at that point. It quit moving all together.

Luckily with the time we have spent doing this we did not divert our looking towards the vocals and stayed looking at the subject. It wasn't until I raised my arms and started waving them side to side that it then seemed to drop down and disappear.

With all the different things it did during this time it would be easy to write it off as shadow play by the average person in the woods. If it wasn't for Bernie's persistence in keeping focused on that area we would of most likely wouldn't of had the vocalization we caught as it does seem that the vocals were an alarm that we had seen it. It makes me wonder how many times we have overlooked possible sightings around camp because they were more patient than we were.

But the most interesting questions are: Why do they more the way they do? How do they move differently when people are not around?
American by Birth Rebel by Right!

Evidence Review Board Member

admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: When Sasquatch Finds Us

Post by admin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:02 am

Author: beerhunter [ Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 am ]
Post subject: Re: When Sasquatch Finds Us
I assume this was in the dark of night. Did you see the Kodak has developed a camera capable of taking HD night pictures? Such a camera can be a game changer for photographic evidence. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Author: Rebelistic [ Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am ]
beerhunter wrote:
I assume this was in the dark of night. Did you see the Kodak has developed a camera capable of taking HD night pictures? Such a camera can be a game changer for photographic evidence. Thank you for sharing your experience.

It was at dusk. There was still ample light to see the silhouette and if it would of come out of the shadows we could have gotten at least a decent color description of it. It was about 400 feet away so anymore detail than that would have been difficult. Yes I do know there are cameras out there that could of gotten a photo. But my budget isn't ready for that yet. If we would of taken a picture with the phone cameras we have it would of just showed shadows and the internet is full of them. I most likely would have needed to draw a red circle and hope people would of seen it. In my opinion, with the audio was recorded during the incident, it tells more than a picture would of as it was clearer than a photo would of been.

It's behavior is what is perplexing to me as I can't understand why these critters do what they do. That is the part that keeps me going into the woods time and time again. Hopefully one day I will be able to get a good photo, but even if I don't I'll keep going out. The answer is in the woods!

Author: David [ Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm ]
We had the same thing happen it was not till we both looked away that they got to the young one, they screw up. We just have to stat focused and watch it is cool.

Author: Eric M [ Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:38 pm ]
How fast was it swaying? I've seen shows on big cats on Animal Planet that said they are harder to spot if they
slowing moving than they are standing still.

Author: Rebelistic [ Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 pm ]
Eric M wrote:
How fast was it swaying? I've seen shows on big cats on Animal Planet that said they are harder to spot if they
slowing moving than they are standing still.
From what I saw it was slow. I guesstimate a second and a half to two seconds if not longer was the time it took to sway from left to right or vise versa. Being it was the first time I witnessed they swaying that I have read in reports I was actually thinking it would be faster. I guess I always thought the swaying was an agitated movement from being nervous. This was nothing like that.

Author: therealsuperdave [ Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 pm ]
The slow swaying motion would help them see the entire scene when they are hidden behind brush. try it yourself when something is in front of you. people do it all the time when in crowds and when their vision is partially obstructed.

Author: Rebelistic [ Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:59 am ]
therealsuperdave wrote:
The slow swaying motion would help them see the entire scene when they are hidden behind brush. try it yourself when something is in front of you. people do it all the time when in crowds and when their vision is partially obstructed.
Good Point Superdave!
Author: slick [ Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm ]
Dave has a point with the looking, it helps me at night to use my periphrial. scanning back and forth. That swaying is thought provoking. On Little River, we were watching one do that on D.W.'s therm, and it was faster than how you describe yours. It was jigging. lol

Author: Rebelistic [ Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:29 am ]
slick wrote:
Dave has a point with the looking, it helps me at night to use my periphrial. scanning back and forth. That swaying is thought provoking. On Little River, we were watching one do that on D.W.'s therm, and it was faster than how you describe yours. It was jigging. lol

That is why I brought it up Slick. It was a lot different than I was expecting. I was expecting more of what you and DW saw than what I did. Yes, very thought provoking... In my opinion it is easy to see movement from the as it is reported "corner of the eye". I think that is an instinctual part of our survival mechanism. I now wonder how many times when it has happened to me out there that I didn't stay focused long enough in that area and missed possible sightings. I most likely just took a look in that direction for a few seconds and wrote it off as my eyes playing tricks on me. My mind didn't see it as an immediate threat so it is easily dismissed. Just more things to think about when we are out there.

Return to “General Discussion”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting