Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (GCBRO) Tangipahoa Parish
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 am 
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 14
Quote:
Reported by Anonymous GCBRO Member

RECEIVED: From the Field Research Notes of a GCBRO Member

DATE: April, 1960

TIME: Morning

TERRAIN: Creek with a large bahia pasture alongside

OBSERVED: Witness was visiting another female schoolmate on a Saturday morning. The front porch of this home faced a black-top highway and there was a large bahia pasture across this road. Big Creek ran to the right of the pasture. As the two teenage girls were sitting in the swing talking they saw a large, dark-haired creature emerge from the side of the creek and walk through the pasture to the woods. The creature never looked their way, and it walk nonchalantly to its destination.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Sitting and talking

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: The creature was very hairy, dark brown in color, 5 to 6 feet in height, with long arms. It walked in a humped over fashion but on two legs.

OTHER NOTES:

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Several other sighting reports are available on the G.C.B.R.O. sighting database for this Parish in Louisiana

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green

Post subject: Re: (GCBRO) Tangipahoa Parish
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 am 

Quote:
Reported by an Anonymous GCBRO Member

RECEIVED: From the Field Research Notes of GCBRO Member

DATE: November, 1963

TIME: 4:00 P.M.

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: While hunting, witness heard something very big moving through the woods towards the area he was standing. Witness stated that he could hear tree limbs breaking and very heavy footsteps approaching along with "grunting" noises. Feeling himself in danger of something bigger than him and his gun, he retreated to the safety of his vehicle located at the edge of the woods, and drove to his girlfriend's home. Once there, whitefaced and scared, he told what had happened to him and was told by his future father-in-law that it was just a bear. Witness stated then and to this day "NO WAY WAS IT A BEAR HE'D HEARD"

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Hunting alone

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Something very large & heavy that walked upright, emitting grunting sounds.

OTHER NOTES: As he walked out of the woods he could still hear the thrashing and footsteps following him.

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Yes,in the following Spring, same witness was fishing in a pond 2 miles from the above encounter when he noticed what he thought was a black bear walking through the heavy brush across the pond. Witness stated he started making some noise, hoping to get it to retreat but the creature continued in his direction. Having no weapon on his person, he felt it best to vacate the area.

Also, several other sightings have occurred in this Parish in Lousiana. Please see the G.C.B.R.O. sighting database for further reports.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 am 

Quote:
Reported by GCBRO Member Fay

RECEIVED: From Field Research Notes of Fay

DATE: November 1974

TIME: Midnight 12:00 A.M.

Hwy 10 at the Tangipahoa River

TERRAIN: Sandy beach and woods to the back

OBSERVED: Something very big moving through the trees and brush coming towards the campsite. "Grunting" sounds.

My brother, who was camping alone, thought someone was pranking with him. He took his flashlight and rifle and made a sweeping search of the treeline at which time he actually saw the creature. The sight of the creature frightened him so badly, he dropped flashlight and gun and ran the half mile back to the highway and his car and drove home. He refused to return to the site until the next day and only in the company of 2 more adult males. His campsite was as he left it, but the fish he had caught were gone. He did not make any other observations, and in his own words, "All I wanted to do was gather my things and get out of there before IT came back"

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Setting up a campsite and troutlines. Had just come back from checking the lines around 11:30 pm. Also had a campfire burning

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Seemed to be 8 ft. in height, with a gray(grey) covering of hair. Long arms, broad through the shoulders area, no neck visible.

OTHER INCIDENTS: Yes, there have been vocalizations heard over the years from residents a couple of miles downriver since this incident.

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: No

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 am 

Quote:
Reported by: Confidential

REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

DATE: 07/1980

TIME: Around 3:00 pm

OBSERVED: While, riding on minibike with cousin when we saw what looked like a large, black, hairy ape/bear walking drunkedly down the road towards us. We stopped, observed, and left in a
matter of 15 seconds. It's strides were like a man.

Several times that same year while walking down an old logging trail towards the
creek with the same cousin, a black hairy mass was seen about 15 yards off the
trail moving around in the bushes as if feeding.

Another incident years later about 5 miles east the earlier event, my landlord's kids came
home in a panic after nearly hitting something big and hairy crossing in front of them on the Hwy
in a rain storm just a mile from my home.

Growing up in the Manchac swamp region, I've heard many blood curdling screams
resonating from the swamps. Others have confessed to seeing things; some witnesses are
learned individuals and some are not, but the descriptions are very similar.

Activities of Witness: joy riding, enjoying the summer off of school.

Description of Creature: Walking upright, Tall, over 6 feet, very shiny coat.

Other Notes: it seemed confused. It also seemed to have noticed us and directed its travel more
towards us, but not in a threatening way.

Additional Notes or Comments: N/A

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 am 

Quote:
Reported by an Anonymous GCBRO Member

DATE: December, 1993

TIME: 5:00 P.M.

OBSERVED: Witness was hunting on a deer lease with several other adult male friends. Just before dusk, witness climbed down from his tree stand and started walking back to his parked vehicle, which was more than a mile away. As he walked quietly, he would hear something moving in the woods off to his right but when he stopped, the noise would stop also. Halfway out, he glimpsed what he thought was someone in a gorilla mask and thought to himself it was one of the other guys pranking with him. Twice more he caught sight of the "prankster", the last time just as he rounded the corner to the parked vehicles. ALL of his friends were already there waiting for his return. It was at this time he knew whatever he saw was not one of
his hunting buddies.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Sitting quietly in a deer stand, then walking out of the woods to his vehicle.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: At least 6 feet tall, with a hairy apelike face.

OTHER NOTES: Occasionally he could hear something walking parallel with him but just outside of his vision.

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Yes, to the west side of the Tangipahoa River in this area is a chip mill. Two of the night workers there have stated to other workers that they have seen gorilla type creatures in the area. These two persons feel what they have seen are a couple of gorillas that have escaped from a zoo or from a railcar, as there is a railroad track that runs behind the chip mill.

There has also been an older sighting along the Tangipahoa River to the South of this area, along with some vocalizations that are being investigated by this researcher. Also a recent investigation and report was filed from two GCBRO researchers (Kedema & Fay) last month.

Also, several other sightings have occurred in this Parish in Lousiana. Please see the G.C.B.R.O. sighting database for further reports.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:28 am 

Quote:
Reported by an Anonymous GCBRO member

DATE: November 1999

TIME: 7:00 P.M.

(City name being withheld due to ongoing
investigations)

OBSERVED: Said witness was host to 5 other adults and they decided to build a small fire in an area of his large front yard and enjoy the cool Fall evening. There are woods to the back of this home and the Tangipahoa River is less than a half mile away. Directly behind the home in the edge of the woods is an Indian Mound. Just after dark, witnesses stated they heard a very loud scream unlike anything they'd ever heard before coming from the wooded area behind the house. Everyone stopped talking to listen and it was at this time that something started "tearing the woods up" back there. Witness stated the creature would make semi-circles in the woods behind the home stomping, breaking trees, and screaming. At one point, the creature screamed so loudly one witness said he could feel his chest vibrate. Everyone was scared to move and after 20 minutes the creature quieted and they assumed moved away. The next day, several of these witnesses entered the woods and found several young pine trees snapped along with the destruction of limbs up to 8 ft in height of larger trees. Because of the thick carpet of pine needles no footprints were found.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Sitting around a fire socializing

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:

OTHER NOTES: The very volume of the screams that were heard held everyone motionless. One of the female witnesses was noted crying softly to herself out of fear.

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Many vocalizations from this area over the years. Several other sighting reports are available on the G.C.B.R.O. sighting database for this Parish in LA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:34 am 

Quote:
Reported by Kedema

RECEIVED: From the field research notes of Kedema & another
G.C.B.R.O. Researcher who wishes to remain
anonymous.

DATE: March 9, 2001

TIME: Afternoon and Evening

TERRAIN: Pond, Gravel Pit, Sand Bar, heavily wooded areas

OBSERVED: What I'm about to tell happened to me and a fellow investigator, XXXXX,
(she wishes to remain anonymous). I live in Texas and I went to visit
XXXXXX. We had the weekend to research her area that she's been investigating
and also research 2 other areas in Mississippi the following day (Saturday).

Friday (March 9) during the day XXXXX took me to an area that she is investigating.
The area has a dirt road that goes around a pond and by the pond is a gravel pit, sand bar and around this area it is heavily wooded. We were driving slowly along the road looking at the wooded area. We both saw a tree break and we stopped and got out to have a look at this tree break. While I was studying the tree. XXXXX was looking at the ground and she said looks like something has been walking around here. Not far
from the tree break we saw a limb formation that resembled a teepee. I looked at the ground to see what she was looking at. Something had been definitely walking around there but we couldn't tell what it was but it was recent. Well at this time I felt uneasy like I was being watched and felt like I had to remove myself from this area so I started walking toward the vehicle and XXXXX followed me. I didn't tell her what I felt until much later that night.

We went back to the area around 8 P.M. Our plan was to find a good spot to park and observe. XXXXX was driving along the road and slowed down and asked how's this spot? I looked to see where she was and I told her no and why I didn't want to park there. So she drove a little ways on up and found another spot. So we stopped. She rolled down her window so she can hear any vocalizations that can be heard. She was on the side of the pond and my side was the wooded area

I wouldn't roll down my window too far down because I didn't feel comfortable being on the side of the woods. We had a full moon that night and had good visual of the area. Especially ahead of us. We were at least 200 yards, maybe more, from a trailer house. XXXXX mentioned that we would be able to see something if it crossed the road. The vehicle was turned off so we can hear. We were having a quiet conversation when
all of a sudden we heard some dogs barking (which there is a man that lives across the railroad tracks that has some dogs). Then we heard a lone dog barking in the area past the sand bar where it is wooded. I asked XXXXX does someone live over there and she said no. That area is nothing but woods. Not too long after hearing that lone dog we heard a bird chirping sound that came from that same area which we thought was odd since it was night time. The time we were there I would look to my side where the woods were at and I would also look ahead of me.

XXXXX would be looking on her side where the pond, sand bar was. Not too long after hearing the bird chirp I was looking ahead and I saw something cross the road ahead of us. It came from the wooded area where we heard the lone dog. It crossed in front of the trailer to the wooded area that is on my side. It looked low to the ground and bigger than your average size dog. Soon after it crossed. XXXXX was looking ahead too and she saw something cross. She asked me did you see that and I said I saw something earlier that already had crossed. So 2 different things had crossed shortly after one another. At this time XXXXX said, "Watch it it's coming around to get you!"... and I told her, "Don't say that! " Well we continued to observe the areas.

She was looking at the sand bar and pond area and I was looking at the wooded area beside me. 15 minutes later something caught my attention. I saw something like an eye shine on my side (wooded area). I kept thinking to myself what is that? It wasn't there before. I looked to see if xxxxx had her vehicle on that maybe the lights from inside was reflecting. The vehicle was not on. I was thinking maybe there's
a small animal up on a limb or something, but from my angle I couldn't see a limb. What I saw was oval shaped, greenish color, bigger than a humans eye.

I decided to roll down my window to get a better look. When i did this XXXXX looked to see what I was doing and she looked where I was looking and said, "Do you see that?" I said, "What do you see?", and she said, "It looks like an eye," and I said, "Yes, it's been there for about 15 minutes and it wasn't there before." From where she was sitting she had a better view of the tree and she scanned the tree for limbs and couldn't find any. About that time, the eye shine started to blink. Well, we both got the chills. Something was definitely there watching us and it was 8 foot up from the ground. I mentioned to her about the 2 things we saw cross the road ahead of us. That something is right there beside us but where is the other one? All this time we kept looking at the eye and it kept blinking at us. I will admit I felt scared and I told xxxxx let's get out of here and she wanted to stay and I said no lets go. So we left..

We saw 2 things cross the road that was dark color, low to the ground and bigger than an average size dog. Eye shine that was oval shaped, greenish color and it was bigger than a human eye., We went back Sunday March 11 just before it got dark to see the tree where something was hiding behind.
Even though we only saw 1 eye. Where we were parked and where the tree was we were only 40ft away and there was no limbs where the
eye shine was at. Also there was a game trail close to where the thing was standing. We drove up the road where we saw the 2 things cross and the road winds to the right. We saw a tree that was bowed. This was where the 2 things came from (heavily wooded area to the left).
Where it had crossed we saw a game trail. That leads to where we saw the eye. We drove back around to park in the same place that we were at Friday night. Again we were in the same spot. We were there for not even an hour. Both of us for some reason had an uneasy feeling behind us. We both heard something walking quietly that was not in our view.
We noticed that the tree frogs and crickets would stop making their sounds and then they would start back up after a few minutes. This happened several times. It was so quiet that we started to get the chills. We did hear a long moan sound that came from my side (wooded area). But it sounded kinda far away deep in the woods.. The moan was a long deep moan. Myself I've never heard anything like that before.
We left shortly after that because we felt like something was behind us and we didn't feel safe so we left..

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Sitting in vehicle to listen and observe the area.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: We saw 2 things cross the road that was dark color, low to the ground and bigger than an average size dog. Eye shine that was oval shaped, greenish color and it was bigger than a human eye.

OTHER NOTES: This area has a lot of history to it with unusual things that has happened over the years. This area is currently being investigated by xxxxx.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: Yes, see G.C.B.R.O. sighting database for other sightings in this Parrish of LA