Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) FAYETTE COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC West Virginia State Director

Medals: 5
Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 439 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Rodney B. on Wednesday, October 11, 2000. Charateristic vocalizations heard by residents at night in Fall and Winter, near Minden

YEAR: 1998-1999

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: Fall and Winter months

STATE: West Virginia

COUNTY: Fayette County

LOCATION DETAILS: It is very easy to find,once in the near by city of Oak Hill Rt 17 is right of Highway 19 on Main St Oak Hill,then procede approximately two miles down Rt 17 to Rock Lick

NEAREST TOWN: Minden, Oak Hill

NEAREST ROAD: Rt 17 primary paved road that runs threw Minden and Rock Lick

OBSERVED: I live in a very rural area in Fayette County West Virginia,the small community of Rock Lick

as i was surfing your website i was excited to find actual sound recordings taken in the bordering state of Ohio, listening to them i was immediately surprised that the Howl from the recordings was very familiar,

many nights if your lucky and its quiet you can step out and hear this very unusual howl,

it has been heard by my mother and I,on several accastions, we always wondered what the sound was,but dismissed it as just something weird,but just days ago when my mother and I listened to the recordings we both agreed the howl was what we heard,

every time we hear the howl,its at night usually fall or winter,and after 10:00 or 11:00 at night,and the hollow we live in is very quiet,never have i seen a creature or have i ever found tracks matching the ones on your website,but i have had friends who have seen strange things that meet your descriptions,but since they are third party i cannot confirm them,

my mother and i will definetly be more watchful of sounds or strange things this fall and winter,

the sound we heard was alot fainter than the recording but it echoed threw the hollow from about a mile or two away,if you knew the local terrain there are several directions it could come from, and thousands of undeveloped acres of woods,but it sends chills up your back when you hear it,because it is so unidentifiable.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses,we were either setting on the porch,returning home at night from the store, or just out in the yard,none of us drink alcohol or do mind altering drugs or anything,just quiet country folks

OTHER STORIES: Yes its kinda spooky how local stories match the stories of the people on your website,i know many people who have encountered a large hairy ape like creature,and or big foot like creature,one account is of my friend was camping in a small shack built for hunting,him and his friends,3 in all,all sober none using drugs,as they returned to the shack on an old strip mine road,a large hairy creature about 7-8ft tall started to cross the road in front of them,they didnt have flashlights on,he said it looked at them screamed in a high pitch scream that sounded like a screaming woman,then swiftly ran into the woods,and they heard the screams several times while in the woods,but that was the only sighting,this incident happened only about a mile from my location in the woods,and it was in the late 80's early 90's,it is to be noted that since this encounter the area that the sighting took place in has been reclaimed by the government and is now returning to nature,but is still undeveloped,it used to be an abandoned strip mine now its been reclaimed and is a large sloping field surrounded by woods,if your not familar with strip mine reclamation,then try to find a local miners association and have them explain.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: At night never in the day very Dark and quiet,and the weather was usually cold,some times so cold it was snowing.

ENVIRONMENT: Appalachian Mountains,dense forrest rural area,a creek runs threw Rock Lick,Arbuckle Creek,the nearest River is The New River which is just about 2 miles walking distance threw the woods,Rock Lick sets in a very rural valley,surrounded by mountain ridges on both sides,the nearest landmark and or bridge is The New River Gorge Bridge.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) FAYETTE COUNTY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm 

Quote:
Report # 34043 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, March 02, 2012.
Observation by a hunter through his scope near New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville

YEAR: 2007

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: November

DATE: Day before Thanksgiving

LOCATION DETAILS: New River Gorge

NEAREST TOWN: Fayetteville

NEAREST ROAD: Rt 19

OBSERVED: To keep it short..I was deer hunting in the new river gorge in Fayetteville WW and it was in 2007, the week of thanksgiving.
It was evening with about two hours of daylight left and I noticed movement about 60 yards towards the gorge from my position..I raised my gun to view the movement through the scope..after holding it in position for 10 sec or so I saw a very large hand appear from the side of a large Poplar tree..it was palm against the tree and I saw fingers mostly..then to my surprise I saw a head peek from around the large tree and two LARGE eyes affixed on a head if a creature I've never seen before..and I'm a hunter..have been since I was 8..I'm now 38.. The Bigfoot blinked twice while looking at me and then stepped back behind the tree..I viewed it for about 20 seconds while it was looking at me..my mind just couldn't figure out what it was and I knew what it wasn't..I had no desire to shoot it and very well could have but my mind and body almost seemed to be in a state of shock while viewing it..I had to cross near the location on the trail out if the woods and I was F'n terrified even with a loaded deer rifle..my hair stood on end when I realized that I would have to go towards the location to get out of the woods..I called my uncle as soon as I got to my jeep and told him..he believed me..I am a VERY honest man and would never lie about this..the thing is though..I never heard it run away or move through the leaves..and you can hear movement from 200+ yards off in these woods..it's like it just disappeared..I came home very shaken from the experience and it changed my life..now I know that it is out there. It was very cool looking..about 7ft tall, it had very dark large pupils and around the pupils its eyes were almost owl like..it had brownish blond fur and it had a visible face..it almost looked like the troll faces that you used to put on your pencils as kids..really..but, it was very clean looking and not what you would expect..its fingers were long and thick with no fur and it had dark fingernails..I had my scope on 9 power and it was equivalent to being about 30 ft from me visually..it was real and I would take a polygraph and swear on my life.

ALSO NOTICED: No

OTHER WITNESSES: None I'm aware of

OTHER STORIES: I have heard iof sightings in the gorge but not recent

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 2 Hrs before dark..cloudy..45* or so

ENVIRONMENT: Top of river gorge in mixed mesophytic forest

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Russ Jones:

I interviewed the witness who has multiple degrees from WVU. He is a 39 year-old avid outdoorsman.

I hiked to the area of the sighting and was able to see the New River Gorge Bridge. One thing I found interesting was the power line right-of-way literally at the location of the sighting. It is believed that bigfoots will often use right-of-ways as a path to avoid humans and be able to travel long distances in a straight line. In addition the right-of-ways create a natural "edge" which is a prime area for wildlife to congregate.

The gorge area itself is very steep with rough terrain.

About BFRO Investigator Russ Jones:

Dr. Jones brings a background of hunting, trapping and outdoor experiences together with undergraduate and graduate education. He is a master naturalist and has attended numerous public and private expeditions.He most recently led the Ohio and West Virginia expeditions for the BFRO.

Post subject: Homeowner reports possible interactions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Homeowner reports possible interactions that include his hunting dogs near Pax

YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: 11/30/2013

LOCATION DETAILS: Near Pax, WV, off of I-77 between Charleston and Beckley, WV. Paint Creek runs through my property and there are caves on the back property.

NEAREST TOWN: Pax

NEAREST ROAD: I-77

OBSERVED: About a week ago my dog was making a strange noise like he was playing around 12 at night. I called my friend who lives on the property to meet me outside. We went up the hill to my dog pen and he was acting as if he was playing, all happy running around and looking behind him.

We shined our lights up the hill and saw a rather large figure about seven to eight feet tall and rather thick, step back into the darkness and disappear. It scared us and we ran. We have been hearing sounds every night. Last night we went out around 1:00 AM to do knocks and yells. Something growled back, not like a bear, and was very close and kept following us.

My dog is still doing the same thing every night and my cats refuse to stay out at night. Before this started they wouldn't come in.

We are on the side of a mountain with about two thousand hunting lease acres behind us. Neighbors about a third a mile away. We are on a dead end road with lots of animals and very secluded. Deer walk around in our yard most days before this started and we regularly see four bears here.

It is very thick here and could hide lots of other animals.

ALSO NOTICED: Every night you can hear something pacing the ridge watching us.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 - all awakened by the dogs

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Midnight, cold and snowing with freezing rain.

ENVIRONMENT: Mountain ridge with a creek at the bottom and maple and other large trees town is close to us but we can't see it. Steep hillsides.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stephen Willis:

I spoke to the witness in mid-December 2013. He added details that occurred in the time since he filed the report.

He and his friend (who lives in a cabin on the witness' property) have seen a figure walking on the ridge top several times since the original incident.

They have had rocks thrown at their respective dwellings, each initially thinking the other was creating a prank. Calling each other on cell phones, discovered they were both inside while rocks hit each building simultaneously. This indicates more than one rock thrower.

He reported screams at night, angry growls following the witness generating wood knocks, and additional incidents with his hunting dogs. The midnight visitor seems curious about his animals, having not attempted to harm any of them.

This location is within 5 miles of a 2006 unpublished report at Plumb Orchard Lake. They reported extremely loud screams and objects thrown into the water near men fishing at night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About BFRO Investigator Stephen Willis:

Grew up in central West Virginia. Retired from the US Army in 2003. Small manufacturing business owner. Lived for almost 7 years in Germany and 1.5 years in the Mideast.