Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO SAN JUAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 26414 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, August 11, 2009. Daytime sighting by two men while driving near Narbona Pass
YEAR: 2009

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 12

STATE: New Mexico

COUNTY: San Juan County

LOCATION DETAILS: Location was right off the side of the road on a hill just before the picnic area.

NEAREST TOWN: Crystal, New Mexico

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 134 - Narbona Pass

OBSERVED: A friend was visiting from out of town and so we decided to take advantage of the clear skies and mild temperatures and go for a road trip. We had just been down near Window Rock, AZ and were heading back to Farmington, NM. The easiest way to do so is going over Narbona Pass. The speed limit on this road is 65 and I was travelling at 65 when coming around a corner just south of the picnic area (there is only one area that is located east just off the highway). As I came around the corner I noticed something moving rapidly in a diagonal direction up the side of the hill just where the forest meets the meadows lining either side of the highway. It would be the east side of the road. I slowed down and said to my friend "Did you see that?!" he had seen it as well. I hit the brake to get another look but knew that by the time I backed up it would have been long gone.
What we saw was larger than a black bear or elk. Blackish-Brown hair that could be seen hanging from all over its body. It was running on two legs up the hill. It never looked over at us and we only saw its side and back. Broad and at least 7 ft tall.
We were both under the impression that we had startled it and it was quickly trying to get into the forest cover.
We stopped a mile or two up the road where the road crosses this creek at an ancient lava flow. The whole time we were out looking at rocks there was an eerie feeling that we were both getting that something was watching us. We stayed around for an hour and when the sun started to get lower behind the mountain we decided it was best to leave.

ALSO NOTICED: Just the feeling of being watched while rock hounding in a nearby creek.

OTHER WITNESSES: one other, a close friend visiting from out of state.

OTHER STORIES: yes, several people have spoken of seeing or hearing things in this area for years. I've personally have had two other incidents in this area. Locals speak of caves that these creatures live.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: At 5:00 pm, sunny, blue skies. Clear visibility. The sun was shining on the side of the hill the creature was running up.

ENVIRONMENT: Ponderosa Pine, Spruce, Fir, Aspen adjacent to a meadow just off the side of the road

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Todd Perteet:

As stated in the report, this encounter was witnessed by two separate individuals, the driver of the vehicle (submitter), and one passenger. I interviewed each of these men by phone and found their recollection of the event to be basically similar. Since the passenger was not concerned with driving, he was able to see the creature for a longer period of time and in greater detail. Below I will add each witness’ additional observations.

Driver:
-Estimated initial sighting distance at 50-60 yards.
-Length of observation approximately five seconds.
-Body covered with four to five inch long hair, described as the texture of a horse’s mane/tail, black with a red tint, “prune juice colored.”
-BFRO report #490 details an earlier encounter of this witness.

Passenger:
-Estimated initial sighting distance at 50 yards.
-Unsure as to length of observation, but definitely longer than the driver’s.
-Slope was quite steep going away from the road with scattered trees, becoming more heavily timbered further up.
-Creature was bounding up the steep slope on two legs, taking huge strides, and using its right arm to grab trees it passed to help pull itself along. Appeared to be carrying something in the left arm, but witness couldn’t see what.
-Body covered with three to four inch long hair, black/brown in color. Could clearly see a bouncing motion to the hair as the creature ran.
-Proportions include a long torso, long arms, shorter legs, rounded head, short “bulldog” neck, and a very wide body.
-Witness is 6’ 1” and said the creature would have “dwarfed” him.
-Did not notice any ears.

This sighting occurred in the sparsely populated Chuska Mountains of northwestern New Mexico. Located within the Navajo Nation, the surrounding area varies between approximately 8,000’ to 9,500’ in elevation. There are numerous water sources nearby.

About BFRO Investigator Todd Perteet:

Todd Perteet lives in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado and is a lifelong outdoorsman. Expeditions attended include Colorado (2008, 2009, 2010), Oklahoma (2008, 2009), Utah (2009), and Wyoming (2009).

Post subject: Re: BFRO SAN JUAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 am 

Quote:
Report # 12915 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, October 28, 2005. Zoologist hears wood knocking
YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 22

LOCATION DETAILS: Before you get into the town of Sanostee, there's a turn off to the southwest (across from the trading post turn off). This is a well used dirt road that leads to the mountains. (Withheld)

NEAREST TOWN: sanostee

NEAREST ROAD: (Withheld)

OBSERVED: I was hunting in the Chuska Mountains (unit [withheld] of the Navajo Nation). I heard wood knocks, just two clear knocks towards the north of my tent.

The previous night i had heard foot steps coming towards my tent. The other campers were south and southeast of my area 10 to 20 yards away. I was already in my tent ready to sleep.

ALSO NOTICED: i was trying to listening for other wood knocks or other noises but did not heard anything else.

OTHER WITNESSES: just myself. the others were sleeping.

OTHER STORIES: Just from reading the latest entry into the bfro site.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: approximately 12:30 am. Clear skies, full moon.

ENVIRONMENT: Ponderosa pine forest with oak stands.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Witness has been a zoologist for 12 years. She has conducted several wildlife surveys in and around the Chuska Mt. range.

She is very familiar with the local wildlife -- too familiar for the wood knocking to be misidentified woodpeckers, etc.

About BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Eddie Flores is a state licensed Cosmetology Instructor in El Paso, Texas. He served as a BFRO guide/detective on the Mescalero Apache Expedition (January 2005). Click here for the expedition report.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:30 am 

Quote:
Report # 12271 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, August 07, 2005. Possible visitation at a camp, 10 miles northeast of Whiskey Lake
YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 6th

LOCATION DETAILS: [Removed]

NEAREST TOWN: Sheepspings

NEAREST ROAD: Washington Pass

OBSERVED: My sister is in town visiting from Texas with my niece and nephew. She wanted to visit my grandmother's summer camp up in the Chuska Mountains before she headed back to Texas.

We left on Friday the 5th of August from Albuquerque and headed through Farmington to Shiprock. We didn't arrive until about 2330 at the location of my grandmother's home which is abandoned now and dilapidated.

The door faces east the back portion of the home the roof has collapsed. We set up camp in a clearing north of my grandmother's home near my aunt's home and my uncle's home, just to the west of the clearing and east of a small grove of pine trees.

We finished setting up the tent about 0030 the 6th of August (Saturday morning) with the main tent door facing south and the other 3 small doors facing west, south and east. We ate a late dinner of warmed up hamburger patties my sister made earlier in Albuquerque.

We finally bedded down about 0115. I was near the west door and then my mother, my niece and nephew and my sister was near the east door of the tent. We said goodnight goofing around saying "good night John Boy". It was then I shut off my cell phone to conserve the battery and it listed 0128. I settled in and looked up thru the rain cover, it has a clear plastic portion in the center of the tent and I couldn't see any stars because of the clouds.

Also due to the rain cover I could not smell much from outside the tent. The outside of the tent you couldn’t see without a light source, the best you could see was about 2 feet in front of you and the rest was pitch black.

About 15 minutes later I heard what I thought was leaves blowing from the northwest direction. The reason I thought it was leaves at first was because I only heard it when the wind was blowing from the southwest. When the wind started again I heard what sounded like leaves but then it occurred to me there are only pine trees around and only pine needles were on the ground.

It came close to the tent still on the northwest side of the tent and bumped into the nylon rope used to secure the rain cover of the tent. I heard the nylon rope pull the rain cover and snap back. Then it moved to the door I was nearest. From there it walked around, even when the wind stopped blowing for about 30 seconds.

The sound of the footsteps was muffled and was bi-pedal. Earlier (about an hour) there were dogs barking to the west on the other side of the lake, so I thought it was a dog at first, but it was walking on 2 legs. It then moved to the southwest portion of the tent but did not yank the other nylon rope staked down.

It moved closer to the tent, near where there were 2 nylon belts for the rain cover staked down in the ground. It sounded like it squatted down and started scratching the rain cover. I heard about 10 scrapes or so, like it was wondering what this structure was made of.

It must have pulled up the stakes up because when the wind blew that portion of the rain cover started flapping. I couldn't see any shadows from outside because of the overcast.

It was still squatting by the corner when I heard a second set of footsteps to the southeast of the tent about ten feet away. This is when I got nervous because now there were two of these things outside the tent. I didn't hear the second one come close to the tent.

About a minute later I heard rocks clicking from the northeast direction, but it was a distance away. I got more nervous thinking there might be three of those things out there, so I hit the panic button on my sister's SUV key chain. The alarm went off. That's when my sister woke up wondering why the SUV was beeping.

I told her there's two of something outside the tent. I didn't hear the one near the tent (southwest) leave but the other started walking away and it stepped on a branch as it left. Then about 3 minutes later I heard the rock clicking again but this time from the southeast direction and this too sounded quite a distance from us.

My sister couldn't hear the rocks clicking. She's a little hard of hearing but she did hear the branch breaking as one of them walked away.

All of this occurred in about a 20 minute time frame. I waited for 10 minutes more but didn't hear anymore footsteps and I turned on my cell phone again to check my time which listed it as 0215. I stayed up for about 30 minutes and finally went to sleep. When morning came I heard my sister wake up her kids to head to the outhouse just west of our camp. I got up to see if there were any footprints. I didn't find any. The grass was growing randomly and was already trampled by us. This is when I found the tent stakes were pulled up about 4 inches from the ground. There were no marks on the tent where the scrapping occurred.

Then I checked where I heard the second moving and found what looked like a footprint. There were outlines of toes facing south. The whole track looked about 8 inches long. I compared it to my hand which measures 7 3/4 inches.

We had breakfast and left the location about 1030. Before we left I took a look around and found 4 trees bent from about 4 feet from the ground.

OTHER WITNESSES: Only my older sister who was sleeping until I hit the panic button on her SUV (rented Envoy). She woke up asking why the SUV was beeping and I told her I heard 2 sets of footsteps outside the tent and we both heard a branch break as something walked away in a southeast direction.

OTHER STORIES: Yes from a coworker whose brother has seen something big walking on the opposite side of Whiskey lake while fishing in the early morning. Whiskey lake is about 10 miles to the southwest of this location I've described in the report.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 0145, it was pitch black and the best you could see was about 2 feet in front of you. The weather was cloudy because there were no stars visible. Light rain throught the night and fog in the morning.

ENVIRONMENT: This is the top of the Chuska mountains where the majority of plant life is pine trees and a few random spots of grass growing.

Spoke to witness on 10-7-05 and added the following. He was impressed at the speed of the rock clicking.

Eddie Flores is a state licensed Cosmetology Instructor in El Paso, Texas. He served as a BFRO guide/detective on the Mescalero Apache Expedition (January 2005). Click here for the expedition report.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:31 am 

Quote:
Report # 11589 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, May 05, 2005. Mother and daughter see creature from the road
YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: SUNDAY

LOCATION DETAILS: NEAR THE ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO SATELINE, ON THE CHUSKA MOUNTAIN. BETWEEN RED VALLEY, AZ AND TSAILE, AZ. EAST SIDE AND THE CHUSKA MOUNTAIN. SUMMER SHEEP CAMP.

NEAREST TOWN: RED VALLEY

NEAREST ROAD: BUFFALO PASS

OBSERVED: LATE IN THE AFTERNOON, EARLY FALL. GETTING READY TO MOVE OUR LIVESTOCK BACK DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAIN TO THE WINTER CAMP. MY BROTHER AND I WITH OUR MOTHER, WERE LOOKING FOR OUR CATTLES, MOM HAD COOK AND WE ATE LATE LUNCH. GOT SOME REST AND TALKED ABOUT WHAT AREAS WE NEED HAVEN'T CHECKED YET. MY BROTHER WAS STILL EATING SO MY MOM AND I, DECIDED TO CHECK THE AREA BELOW OUR SUMMER SHEEP CAMP, WE GOT IN MY TRUCK AND STARTED DRIVING SLOWLY. WE HAD DROVE ABOUT A MILE OR TWO FROM THE HOUSE, DOWN THE MOUNTAIN SIDE, THICK BRUSHES AND PINE TREES. DRIVING SLOW ENOUGH TO LOOK AROUND FOR ANY COWS THAT WERE DOWN THAT WAY, USUALLY THERE ARE SOME, BUT TODAY THEY WEREN'T ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND. SO WE, KEPT DRIVING, MOM TALKING ABOUT HOW THE WEATHER WAS CHANGING AND GETTING A BIT CHILLY. I KEPT LOOKING LEFT AND TO THE RIGHT DRIVING SLOWLY, THEN I SAW A MOVEMENT JUST BEHIND THE PINE TREES, FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A MAN, SO I STOPPED AND BACKED UP FOR JUST A BIT, AND SAID TO MOM, WHO'S THAT? SHE GOES WHERE? I SAID RIGHT THERE, LOOK! AND POINTED FOR HER IN THAT DIRECTIONS. THAT (PERSON ) WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO A PINE TREE, TALL REDDISH BROWN, THAT (PERSON) WENT BEHIND A TREE AND STOOD THERE, SO I BACKED UP SOME MORE AND THEN THAT (PERSON) TURNED AND STARTED MOVING FAST AWAY FROM US INTO THE THICK BRUSHES, THATS WHEN MOM AND I, BOTH NOTICED THIS (PERSON) HAD LONG HAIRY ARMS BECAUSE WHEN IT TURNED AROUND, THE ARMS SPAN AROUND, IT WAS REDDISH BROWN. IT RAN INTO THE FOREST, WE WERE STILL PARKED THERE PUZZLED, MOM GOES "WHAT WAS THAT?" I SAID I DON'T KNOW..THEN I GOT SCARED AND LOOKED AT MY MOM ,AND SAID, LETS GO, WE TURNED RIGHT THERE ON THE ROAD AND HEADED FOR HOME, WE DROVE BACK FAST AND BELIEVE ME, THIS PARTICULAR ROAD REQUIRES SLOW DRIVING, BUT NOT THAT AFTERNOON, WE GOT BACK TO THE HOUSE AND TOLD MY BROTHER...HE GOES, IT'S PROBABLY A SHEEPHERDER, I TOLD HIM A SHEEPHERDER WOULDN'T HAVE LONG HAIRY ARMS. THEN HE TELLS ME, NO THEY WOULDN'T. HE WANTED TO GO BACK DOWN THERE AND LOOK FOR THAT PERSON, BUT I WAS SCARED AND SUN WAS ABOUT TO GO DOWN BEHIND THE MOUNTAIN, IT WOULD BE DARK SOON, I'M GOING DOWN THERE THAT EVENING, NO WAY. WE PACKED UP OUR STUFF AND LEFT FROM THE MOUNTAIN.

OTHER WITNESSES: MY MOM AND I, WE WERE LOOKING AROUND FOR CATTLE.

OTHER STORIES: YES, MY LATE FATHER USE TO STAY AND THE SUMMER SHEEP CAMP, WHEN HE WAS ON LEAVE FROM HIS JOB. HE WOULD STAY UP THERE AND GIVE OTHERS A BREAK, WE ALL TOOK TURNS WATCHING OVER LIVESTOCK.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: WARM SUMMER AFTERNOON, CLEAR SKY, LEAVES WERE STARTING TO CHANGE COLORS. QUIET..

ENVIRONMENT: PINE FOREST, VALLEYS, LITTLE PONDS, THICK BRUSHES, RIDGES, OLD LOGGING ROAD, CREEK.

The witness added the following details:

• The sighting occurred at about 4 in the evening and the sun was setting.

• They saw the animal at a distance of about 25 yards.

• The witness has seen bears and she is certain this was not one.

• The witness saw the animal from the waist down. The rest of its body was obscured by trees.

• As it ran off, the witness saw its arms swinging and hair flowing.

• Its arms reached to its knees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 am 

Quote:
Report # 4538 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, June 19, 2002. Early evening sighting in meadow near Narbona Pass in the Chuska Mountains
YEAR: 2002

MONTH: June

DATE: June 15th

LOCATION DETAILS: Between Highway State routes 12 North and New Mexico State Hwy 666 (on New Mexico State Route 134)

NEAREST TOWN: Crystal, New Mexico

NEAREST ROAD: Narbona Pass highway (New Mexico State Route 134)

OBSERVED: Big foot sighting
Saturday June 15, 2002

At approximately 8:30 pm I was on my way back from a dinner with my grandfather Near Shiprock, NM. While sitting on the passenger side of my mom's truck I was looking out the window. On state highway near crystal NM. before bowl canyon turn off. At that moment I was feeling calm, bored and frustrated with trying to calm my younger cousin who was very hyper. So. while I was looking for something to amuse him I sighted something unusual moving, it was HUGE. It was as tall as the cedar trees that are around there. I was very scared and shaken when I saw it. I thought "What the heck is that!" It looked like a man but, as I was watching it I noticed it had hair covering its whole body with a mixture of grey/ dark brown and white on its chest. The head and the feet also the hands were all dark in color and the legs were dark grey. The face was lighter in color and when I saw the face it was turned toward my direction. The forhead was most unusual and it really stuck out with no neck. It had a little slump in the shoulder and its arm spanned down to its knees. It took large steps and its arms swung back and forth. The distance from the highway was about 60 yards. and I told my mom to stop, but she was scared, too scared to turn around.

ALSO NOTICED: My Uncles made a cast of what we believe to be the foot print, the next morning.

OTHER WITNESSES: My mother and little cousin.

OTHER STORIES: Just stories of bigfoot being around from time to time. I geuss it likes the area and animals.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Approximately 8:30 pm with
clear skies.

ENVIRONMENT: Dense Pine forest with oak and ceder outcrops and in a meadow with grass and a stream.

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness (D.N.) and his mother were interviewed about the incident. D.N. has provided the following additional details -

- The animal was approximately 8 - 9 feet tall; D.N. estimated that it weighed "hundreds" of pounds; its shoulders were very broad; the top of its head toward the back was pointed; no ears were visible; it had a nose that was shaped somewhere between a gorilla's nose and a human's nose; its hands were human-like; its hair was somewhat long; and its brow ridge protuded noticably.

- The animal walked on two legs and was slightly hunched over as it walked. It had a smooth gait, moderately bent knees, and strides approximately 5 - 6 feet in length. Its arms also swung from front to back noticably as it walked.

- D.N. sketched the animal after arriving home shortly after the sighting. He stated that he was quite shaken by the event and was therefore not able to sketch it accurately that evening. The next morning he made a second sketch after having calmed down from the prior evening. This second sketch was analyzed and determined to be of very high quality and accuracy.
Attachment:
4538.jpg
4538.jpg [ 71.41 KiB | Viewed 4076 times ]

- The witness and his family returned to the location the next morning and videotaped the area of the sighting. Because the sighting occurred prior to the rainy season, the ground was extremely hard. Nonetheless, one track was identified and cast. Other possible tracks were noted but they were not clear enough to cast. The track which was cast was roughly rectangular and measured 11 1/2 inches in length, 5 5/8 inches in width, and 3/4 inch deep. The details of the track were very poor because of the hard ground surface and grassy/rocky ground cover; accordingly, no individual toe or skin impressions were discernable. Further, it is not clear whether the track represents a total foot impression or a partial impression. The cast was analyzed by the investigator; its relative width suggests a non-human bipedal animal and is consistent with sasquatch morphology. Although unlikely due its unique morphology, it cannot be ruled out that the cast represents a natural depression or that of another animal. The lack of detail in no way detracts from the sighting but, instead, simply reflects the poor, hard ground surface in the area.

- D.N. stated that it was clearly not a bear and that it was far too large to be a human.

- The witness, his mother, and his cousin were driving west bound on New Mexico State Route 134 at the time of the sighting. The animal was seen walking approximately 60 yards north of the highway near a stream in a grassy meadow not far from the pine forest.

D.N. is a credible witness and careful observer. Although his mother was also in the vehicle, she did not see the animal because she was simultaneously driving and attending to a small child. She fully supported her son's sincerity and his skills as an observer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 am 

Quote:
Report # 12542 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, September 09, 2005. River guide sees skinny bigfoot at dusk
YEAR: 2002

MONTH: March

DATE: 13th - 20th ?

LOCATION DETAILS: There is a turn off to the right of the highway just before the ten mile marker. It's about ten miles to the river. We had just come up out of the first canyon to a small flat area when this incidence occured.

NEAREST TOWN: Shiprock, Teec Nos Pos

NEAREST ROAD: Highway out of Shiprock, heading toward Az.

OBSERVED: [Note - At their request, the witness's names were removed from this report.]

It was back a few years ago when we were still scouting put-ins and take outs on the non- commercial sections of the San Juan River. We would drive these narrow two track roads to find river access. And then float and scout these sections accordingly.

We could not find any real information either in print or on the web about the river from Shiprock, Nm, down to Montezuma Creek Utah. We had to explore it ourselves via kayaks and canoes. Nowadays, we have a river company through the Navajo Tribe, and take people down this sections all the time.

We found a put-in at mile ten just out side of Shiprock. It's about ten bumpy bad road miles to the river, but provided a good launch area. We used my truck to put -in with the boats. We had already dropped a truck off at Four Corners Bridge. (some 17 river miles away)

The day was fairly warm for early March, mid 60's I think. We did the run in under 5 hours.
We loaded the boats and gear in the truck,and headed back over to pick up my truck. It was getting dark by the time we got there. My ex wife, and my partner pulled up out of the small canyon before me. We carry walkie talkies on the river and in our vehicles. I turned mine on, and told them to wait up. My partner replied "sure no problem"--just then before he let go of the button, I heard XXX (my ex-wife) screaming.

"What's going on up there!" I shouted through my walkie talkie.

"XXX sees somthing up by that old sheep corral, turn your bright's on, I can't see it because I'm trying to get outta here, and not reck this truck, she says look it's on your right, you'll be coming right up on it!"

Sure enough, I got right behind them, I saw the back of it as it turned in my headlights. A few swings of it's arms, and it was out of there.

This was not what I expected to see at all. I would put it at about 7 feet tall, skinny, gray in color, arms past the knees, like looking at the back of a grinch head-pointy.

XXX got a better look at it then I did. She said it looked right at her. Does not much want to talk about it.

J

p.s. We see strange things out here all the time.

ALSO NOTICED: Nothing to speak of that day.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me, My Partner, and XXX.

OTHER STORIES: There have been lots of sightings of different things out here over the years. Much of it Native American Folklore, much of it very interesting. Too many to mention.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Just about sun down.

ENVIRONMENT: Badlands, sand ,rocks, the only vegetation to speak of, is along the river. The Chuska Mountains are about thirty miles to the east. The Corrizo Mountains are about 15 miles northwest.

The witness added no additional information during our telephone conversation. I also spoke to the witness’s partner, who was driving the lead truck. He did not see the creature, however he did see the reaction of XXX – his passenger. He could only describe her reaction as "freaking out," and added that previously he had only seen her this way when there was a death in her family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 am 

Quote:
Report # 491 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, July 01, 1998. Observations by locals along the San Juan River
YEAR: 1996

DATE: Last time was two years ago

LOCATION DETAILS: Four Corners Area of New Mexico and Colorado

OBSERVED: Large something walks along the San Juan River it goes on to the Navajo Reservation, it has been seen even by our local sheriff. large brownish red hairy thing. stinks to high heaven and makes some god awful noises. We usually know it's outside when the dogs start howling. We live about 1/8 of a mile from the river. it usually shows up every 3 to 5 years. We don't go down to the river everyone knows it's down there.

ALSO NOTICED: heard something messing around inthe shed...went out there and this thing was in there looking around. it was about 7ft or taller.

ENVIRONMENT: Russian Olive forest follows the river. The river comes from Colorado. We live in the high desert plateau region.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 am 

Quote:
Report # 490 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 14, 2000. Navajo man describes sighting at a sheep herder camp in Chuska Mountains
YEAR: 1980

MONTH: July

DATE: July, 1980

LOCATION DETAILS: Near mountain lake in the Chuska Mountains on the New Mexico/Arizona border. There is a road that runs the length of the mountain chain.

NEAREST TOWN: Toadlena

NEAREST ROAD: Route 666

OBSERVED: My family would spend the summers in the mountains and help herd sheep. We had a cabin, corrals, tents, several other structures on the property and occasionally would have some weird experience with our animals. The dogs would bark at something unseen to us and the sheep would run away from something hidden in the forest, we would just feel like something was watching us from the shadows.

It was near dusk and my family had just finished dinner and were socializing. I had been thumbing through a book when John, who I will call to respect his privacy, came running in the shade house we built next to the cabin crying and white as a sheet. He was always the macho type that showed no emotion so to see him this frightened alarmed my grandmother and my aunts and uncles to hurry out the front door. They stood at the threshold looking down in the direction of the well. I put the book down and walked to the door. They were all whispering in Navajo when I saw something down at the well. I first was excited because I thought it was a black bear. Then I noticed it was a grayish/brown color and was kneeling. I never heard of a bear that could kneel like a man. It looked as if it was washing something off or taking a drink. I had no problem with it until it looked over it's shoulder at us and I could see it's features. Manlike. That was all I needed to see. I ran into the cabin and hid in the bed under the covers.

I was younger and to this day when I ask my mother about it she says that everyone else was in agreement that it was a Bigfoot. A few weeks later it was standing outside of our tent about 2 a.m. I saw the shadow on the tent, as for the dogs, they were not making a sound when typically when anything or anyone comes around they howl and bark.

ALSO NOTICED: No unusual smells or sounds. It never bothered us but would come around occasionally.

OTHER WITNESSES: Grandmother, aunts and uncles, and several of my cousins. We were just finishing dinner. John had gone out to use the bathroom.

Follow-up investigation report:

I spoke with witness J.B. When asked for a more detailed description of the creature seen, J.B. said he could not add much more than that. It was man-like and hairy, but that it seemed to have eyes that were " sunk in ". He reported that he was scared and did not look at it long.

Other incidents included a tale from his grandfather of "something" coming into he area and stinking up the canyon and sometimes stealing sheep when it was around. His father had also reported to him that the same kind of creature had once tried to find a way to enter the pickup shell topper, in the Chuska Mountains, while he sat fearfully inside with a rifle in hand. His father said the creature smelled very badly and that he would have shot it had it found a way to open the locked entrance door to the pickup topper.

One other event happened when a sheep went missing and several of the older children went looking for it and reported being chased by one of the hairy giant man-like creatures. According to J.B. the family thought that the creatures probably migrated in and out of the Chuska Mountains, as they were not always around.