Calaveras County, California

The René Dahinden Wing is dedicated to a no-nonsense Bigfooter who is desperately needed these days for all the wild imaginations that are running wild these days.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Calaveras County, California

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 am

I was a seasonal employee of the Forest Service, United States Department of Agriculture during the summers of 1973, 1974, and 1975. In 1973 and 1974 I worked on the Calaveras Ranger District of the Stanislaus National Forest in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The Stanislaus is to the north and east of Yosemite National Park. In 1975 I worked on the Bly Ranger District of the Fremont National Forest in southern Oregon on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountains.

California Highway 4 goes from Angels Camp in the foothills eastward all the way to the crest of the Sierras at Ebbetts Pass (elevation 8732 feet) and terminates at California 89. California 89 then crosses another summit at Monitor Pass (elevation 8314) and then terminates at US 395 almost at the Nevada border.

During the summer of 1973 I heard the following story from a fellow Forest Service employee. One night during the summer of 1972, a local couple pulled off of California Highway 4 a couple of miles south of Bear Valley and parked. In the summer it is dry in the Sierras and the ground is dusty. As they were sitting there they heard something behind the car. They looked backward and saw a large creature standing on two legs. They were terrified. The creature then walked away into the forest. They immediately drove away. The next day they told the Forest Service worker about the incident. He knew the area where they were parked, and went there himself. In the dusty soil he observed large human like footprints. In telling the story he held out his hands at least a foot apart to illustrate the size of the footprints. Whether the prints were genuine or the work of a hoakster he did not know.

The Forest Service employee also told me he heard large human like footprints were supposedly seen in the snow either one or two winters before in Mi-Wuk village. Mi-Wuk is on California Highway 108 in the Mi-Wuk Ranger District of the Stanislaus National Forest. Highway 108 is 15 to 20 miles south of Highway 4. He did not personally see these footprints.

I personally did not see any evidence of Sasquatch (Bigfoot) in the three summers I worked in California and Oregon.

Paul Slish, Tonawanda, New York

Return to “The René Dahinden Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting