Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GCBRO SAN JUAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:46 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
There are sketches by the eyewitness with this report!
RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: 07/01/78

TIME: 9:00 A.M.

and another incident near Hogback Mountain
...other Lukachukai, Arizona, Apache County

TERRAIN: River bottom

OBSERVED: I remember as a child at around age 6-7 that we lived behind my
uncle XXX and aunt XXX XXX yard, in XXX, N.M. Often my sisters and I would play in the old salvaged cars which extended to the river bottom. Sometimes my father and I would hunt geese and shoot pistols at the old cars on the river bottom. Well here is what I remember.

One day I ventured down to the rivers edge...I remember the XXXXXXX
River branched off and I was on a tributary which was extremely low
and was only about 2 feet deep. I was trying to spear/gig these huge carp
and frogs) in the shallows when I heard this grunting noise along the
edge of the river on the other side. There are these tall willow like
bushes which were moving. At first I thought it might be a pack of wild dogs which are common along the river. So I was scared and ran home. I didn't tell my mom because she would have gotten mad at me for being down by the river (it was off limits).

About every other week my cousin would visit with his mother (From 30 miles away) to visit my aunts place. Me and my cousin snuck down to the river and when we came upon the river (around 9:00am) we saw a creature (what I now believe to be a bigfoot) down in the shallows swatting trying to catch these carp. The second we saw it we
ran like crazy back to my trailer. We went and told my uncle about what we saw but he said it was probably a drunk Indian. An Indian reservation is on the other side of the river. That is all I remember of this incident.

Also I heard another story from an Indian that worked near Hogback mountain). He told me in 1987 that he and some Indians had been drinking at the XXX Bar many years earlier (which is now abandoned), that he and some of his drinking buddies would come from XXXXXX to XXX to drink. And one day they were down on the river drinking/talking and they said they saw a "skinwalker" a coyote man..covered in brown hair on the other side of the river. They said he was whistling and moving it's arms up and down. They said they got down into some brush and were scared that
skin walker would steal their soul.

I should also make a note that some friends I have out in XXX Arizona told me some stories of a wild man atop the Lukachuki mountains/Chuska mountians.
XX XXXX of Lukichuki (the family throws an annual memorial pow wow for there
deceased son. XX XXXXX told me of his grandmother's encounter with the wild beast. She said it was in a pinon tree and jumped down and tried to steal one of her sheep. She said that something would always steal her sheep in the summers when she'd take them into the mountains. She didn't speak English but the story was related to me by her grandson. He said that it would follow her on occasions but would stay out of sight.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Various

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: It was squatting down in the shallows and it's forearms and feet/calves were wet, the hair was brownish red. I'd approximate it was at
about 60 yards. I came across a sighting in the same area between
Kirtland and waterflow, New Mexico. Also there was an incident of a women
that lived in Farmington some 16 miles away to the east...that had her
trailer nearly destroyed by some creature. The authorities blamed the
incident on mountian lion. This incident occured in the late 70-early
80's. I remember it because we would go to the Sheriff's Posse Rodeo and a
sheriff told my father about the incident.

OTHER NOTES: I remember that it was dead quite and it was perfectly
quite...like the way it is here in Oklahoma before a severe storm/tornado
occurs.

OTHER OTHER NOTES: There is a junk yard very close to this area where the
Indians dump their trash...it's directly on the west side of XXXX mountain,
right off the highway. There are a lot of abandoned caves in this
area and each cave I remember exploring had lots of dead bones in
it. Perhaps it was the mountain lions in the area dragging their kill
into the caves. I also remember that in the early 1980s my uncle
which lives at the base of XXXX mountain told me that three helicopters
were installing these large boxes ontop XXXX mountain. A prominant
family owns a nice home atop a hill directly below the mountain...Mr. XXXXX
told my aunt that they told him that they were mountain lion traps.
They looked like large out houses.

So in conclusion there is a slaughter house and a garbage
dump in XXXXX. My encounter occured between these two areas. Maybe
the creatures were drawn into the area by these smells? The area to the
north and south are rugged but along the river (East to west) it's a lush
farm valley. If you go north about 40 miles you're in the mountains.
If you go south it's desert.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?: I came across a sighting in the same area between Kirtland and Waterflow, New Mexico. Also there was an incident of a women
that lived in Farmington some 16 miles away to the east...that had her
trailer nearly destroyed by some creature. The authorities blamed the
incident on mountian lion. This incident occured in the late 70-early
80's. I remember it because we would go to the Sheriff's Posse Rodeo and a
Sheriff told my father about the incident.

Map drawn by eyewitness showing the two bigfoot
sighting areas along the San Juan River
Attachment:
a.jpg
a.jpg [ 27.04 KiB | Viewed 3310 times ]

Computer drawn sketch by eyewitness of how he saw the Bigfoot
trying to catch the big carp in the San Juan River.
Attachment:
b.jpg
b.jpg [ 53.62 KiB | Viewed 3310 times ]

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green

Post subject: Re: GCBRO SAN JUAN COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am 

Medals: 32
Quote:
Various Dates Through the Years - Man thrown down the hill in his sleeping bag/trailer dented by a Bigfoot
Witness information Confidential

REPORT RECEIVED: From the GCBRO Online Reports Submissions Form

DATE: Various Dates through the years.

TIME: Night Time

LOCATION: San Juan County, New Mexico in the Four Corners area.

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: As far back as I can remember I have always been terrified of "bigfoot." We didn't have a name for it but I was raised believing that it was Cain still roaming the earth and that this was the curse that God put on him. We live close to the San Juan River between Farmington and Shiprock. The south side of the river is the Navajo Reservation on the north side are several small Mormon communities called: Kirtland, Fruitland, and Waterflow. I was reading Bobby Hamilton's report and was struck by the similarities of our experiences.

We moved to this area from Gallup when I was 5 years old and never even heard of a wildman or bigfoot before. We brought a german shepard with us named Baron who was a trained attack dog. The first incident happened when my eldest brother was home alone and the rest of the family was visiting relatives in Gallup. He decided to go walking one night and took Baron with him.

When he came back, Baron wouldn't go into the yard he just stood there with his hair standing up (according to my brother) and shivering. No matter what my brother did the dog wouldn't budge. He walked into the yard by himself and saw something huge standing in the yard. He took off running and stayed that night at a friends house until we came back. My parents wouldn't listen to him and said he had an overactive imagination.

My dad is an avid outdoorsman and is a bow hunter. He spent most of his life hunting for food and never saw anything like what my brother described so they didn't believe him. The next incidence was when my second oldest brother was coming home from church and walking down a dirt road when something came out of field and started chasing him. My brother ran to a neighbors house and barely escaped whatever was chasing him. The neighbors called the sheriffs office but they never found anyone or thing that night.

Then my sister was in her room about two weeks later and came out screaming that there was something looking in the window. When asked what it looked like she said an old man with a pointed head and lots of hair.

There are nights when you step outside and it just feels different. You know something is out there and can feel it watching. The crickets quit chirping and it's so quiet. When my eldest brother was first married he went to live with his in-laws. He and his wife slept in a camp trailer south of the house and closer to the river. One night they heard heavy footsteps outside the camp trailer and something started pounding on the trailer putting huge dents in it and rocking it back and forth. They were terrified and moved the next day. The camper was heavily damaged.

My personal experience happened about 12 years ago. My sister and her husband were visiting and I took their two boys outside to look at the stars. I felt uncomfortable out there but I didn't know why at the time. Suddenly the oldest grabbed my leg and started crying and then the youngest who I was holding grabbed my neck and started whimpering. I tried to calm them but it didn't work so I took them back to the house. When I was setting the youngest one down inside the door I happened to glance back to the yard and saw something huge standing behind the car we were leaning on. I looked back into the living room and asked my brother-in-law to come look but when I looked back outside it was gone.

The Navajos were having the same problems at night with this creature or creatures. My best friend who is Navajo told me that his cousin was sleeping on a hill overlooking the river with another friend. About 1 a.m. something walked up the hill, grabbed the friend and threw him down the hill, sleeping bag and all. My friend's cousin pretended to be asleep and heard whatever it was walking around his sleeping bag and then suddenly left. He took off running after that and found his friend waiting by the truck (unhurt I might add) and they took
off leaving all their camping gear behind.

To this day I have nightmares about bigfoot. I can't sleep at night unless all the curtains are drawn and I make sure my bed is as far away from a window as possible. My last story is about an aunt that was visiting from Gallup, she smoked and we are Mormons, we don't allow smoking in the house. While she was out there she heard something growling at her and she had no idea what it was. She came in shaking and pale and said whatever it was sounded huge and demonic. She is my Dad's sister and spent most of her childhood and young adulthood outdoors. She never heard anything like this before. She made it a point to tell us that it didn't sound like a bear.

Description of Creature: Huge Creature

Activities of Witness: Various

Other Notes: None

Other Other Notes: None

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green