Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GCBRO SANTA FE COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
August 1971 - Campers awakened by heavy foot steps
Reported by Confidential

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form

DATE: August 1971

TIME: 5:00 A.M.

Forest

TERRAIN: National Forest, Ponderosa Pine and Aspen Forest

OBSERVED: Summer of 1971
Myself and two companions were on a 3 night backpacking and fishing trip along the Big Tesuque Creek. The trip had been uneventful just a typical fun backpacking and fishing trip. This was about to change!

The third night of the trip was a normal routine night in camp. It was about 1 and 1/2 hours before sunrise, about 5:00 am. I awoke when I heard a heavy thump thump sound on the ground. At this time I did not move or get up, I thought one of my friends was up and moving around the camp. About 10 minutes later, I got up and started getting out of my tent. When I was getting up, my friends talked to me from their tent. My two friends also woke up with the heavy thump thump sound I mentioned earlier. They thought it was me walking around camp!

After a short conversation, we decided to put some sticks and small pieces of wood on the bed of glowing coals and get the camp fire started. It took about 5 to 10 minutes to get a good fire going, this helped light up the camp. At this hour of the morning the forest is very dark. When the campfire got going good, we heard something crashing through the forest, this was about 75 yards from the camp.

When this happened, we decided to keep the fire going until sun rise. When there was enough day light to look around, I was in for a surprise! My backpack was tied to a tree, the top of the pack was about 8 feet off the ground. Something had opened my backpack and emptied the contents on the ground. On further inspection, I found some large human looking foot prints on the ground under my backpack. I stand 5'11", I use a size 11 military boot, I stood in these foot prints, they were much bigger than my boots.

We packed up and went home. I did not think much more about this incident. About a year later one of my backpacking friends gave me a paper back book about BigFoot! After reading this book I realized this could be the explanation of the incident that occured to us. In the summer of 1971, I had never heard about BigFoot! Since 1971 I have been into the Pecos Wilderness many times on hunting and fishing trips, I have never again experienced anything like the above described incident.

Activities of witness(es): Witness sleeping

Description of Creature:

Other Notes: No other related information.

Other Other Notes:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green

Post subject: Re: GCBRO SANTA FE COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 am 

Quote:
March 25, 2008 - Researcher Encounters a Bigfoot
Reported by: Confidential

Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: May 1, 2008

DATE: March 25, 2008

TIME: 0700

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: While out doing some research, (I am a member of MABRC) I noticed that I was being followed by "something". Knowing that a bear would have let its presence known readily I was assured that that was not my concern. This in mind I circled back around to my tracks and kept vision in full force, knowing that possibly I may be on the dinner menu for a mountain lion. I have explored most years of my life and the feel of my Dan Wesson 44 magnum was of little comfort for me when I saw standing about 30 yards from me what appeared to be a bigfoot. It was to the best of my knowledge, 8 feet & have weighed at least 800 plus lbs. What seemed like an eternity of staring each other down was probably only 30 seconds. As the seconds passed, so did my initial fear. Somehow I knew that this creature was not going to harm me and that he was just as interested as I was. I began to speak and as I did so, it began to walk and then broke out in a fast run. At the time I was downwind from this creature and until I got close enough did I notice a foul odor. It also appeared to be breathing from its nostrils and the common reports of snorting and yells were not observed. Nothing could have prepared me for this event but I am glad it happened. In the 20 years that I have been researching Bigfoot, this is my third encounter...this being the closest.

Activities of Witness: Doing research in area.

Description of Creature:
7-9 feet
800 lbs
coarse black/brown hair
grayish black palms no hair visible
deep set eyes with bushy hair around them barely visible mouth
elongated face
protruding nostrils
As crazy as this may seem, looking into this creatures eyes, I did not notice any signs of aggressiveness, what I did see in its eyes was something that was trying to figure me out... trying to reach out but like myself, did not know how exactly. A

Other Notes: No scat in the immediate area, perhaps this one was passing through. Plenty of high broken tree limbs and deep foot imprints.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: In researching, I have discovered many occurrences and multiple sightings.... others are reluctant to speak openly or consider this sacred, especially the tribal members in the area I have spoken to.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master

Post subject: Re: GCBRO SANTA FE COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:51 am 

Quote:
June 13, 2005 - Witness observes a Bighorn Sheep being attacked by a small thin Bigfoot
Reported by: Confidential

Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: August 1, 2007

DATE: June 13, 2005

TIME: N/A

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: I was watching the sunset from the peak of one of the mountains summits when i saw a dark shape approx. 4 feet tall that looked like a small starved ape but it moved too fast for a human or ape. it ran towards a herd of big horn-sheep that were sleeping about 50 yards away and jumped on its back. the sheep tried to shake of the creature but it held on but the sheep threw the creature off and the animal ran off and i lost sight of it as it ran into the forest below. as this happened the other sheep had fled but apart from the animal it was attacking the creature was making a low grunting noise like a pig.

Activities of Witness: I had set up camp and was resting when i decided to take a walk up a trail that ran up the mountain when i got to the top i sat for a few minutes when i saw the herd of sheep and after about five minutes the creature came out of the forest and attacked.

Description of Creature: Approx.. 4 feet tall with a thin starved appearance. it had long gangly arms and legs with claws on its hands about three inches long. its skin was a pale green with dark spots. it had long ears like a dog and large eyes that looked like a bluish green as it ran it had a sort of gallop to its stride.

Other Notes: As i was making my way down the trail back to camp i heard the grunting sound again and turned around the creature was about 10-15 yards away and i had a small animal (rabbit?) in its claws and it was eating it. the creature turned, saw me, then it made a high pitched squealing noise and ran back up the trail and i caught sight of it running over the top of the mountain and i ran back to camp and left. that was the last i ever heard of that creature.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: That was the only time i ever saw that creature.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master