Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO OTERO COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:24 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 23585 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, April 12, 2008. Mescalero Reservation resident sees silhouetted figure swaying at window, large footprints outside house
YEAR: 2008

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: March

DATE: WEDNESDAY

STATE: New Mexico

COUNTY: Otero County

LOCATION DETAILS: Withheld by request

NEAREST TOWN: Mescalero

NEAREST ROAD: US Hwy 70

OBSERVED: I LIVE IN A TWO STORY HOUSE, MY BEDROOM IS ON THE FIRST LEVEL. I COULDN'T SLEEP ONE NIGHT, I WAS VERY RESTLESS! SO I TURNED ON THE TV, I KEPT HEARING THIS NOISE OUT SIDE LIKE A HEAVY BREATHING, SOMETHING KEPT HITTING THE WALL NOT VERY HARD BUT LOUD ENOUGH TO HEAR! I LAID THERE AND KEPT QUIET! OUR DOG WHO IS LOCKED ON THE PORCH KEPT GROWLING FROM HIS DOG HOUSE. I LOOKED AT THE TIME AND IT WAS ABOUT 2:30 AM. I HAD A ERRIE FEELING THAT SOMETHING WAS LOOKING AT ME THROUGH THE WINDOW BUT LAID THERE QUITE. I COULD SEE A DARK FIGURE STANDING AT THE WINDOW. I TURNED UP THE TV TO SCARE IT BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I CALLED MY BROTHER AND HE SAID HE WOULD LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE!

ALSO NOTICED: WE SAW THE TRACKS IN THE SNOW THE NEXT MORNING! THE FOOT PRINTS WERE PRETTY BIG. WE HAVE NEVER SEEN TOES SO BIG,AND MY DAUGHTER GOT PRETTY UPSET!
SHE KEPT ASKING ME IF I WAS GOING TO PICK HER UP FROM SCHOOL.BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO STAY BY HERSELF. THIS WAS THE NEXT MORNING WE SAW THE PRINTS!

OTHER WITNESSES: MY DAUGHTER. THE NEXT MORNING I WAS TAKING HER TO SCHOOL.

OTHER STORIES: YES, BUT KNOW ONE WANT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: AT NIGHT/LIGHTLY SNOWING.

ENVIRONMENT: WE LIVE IN A WOODED AREA,WITH ALOT OF PINE TREES. THE TREE LINE IS NEXT TO THE HOUSE. WE HAVE A OUTSIDE STREET LIGHT BUT IT DOESN'T COVER THE WHOLE HOUSE SOME AREAS ARE DARK.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Todd Perteet:

After visiting the witness at her home, the following details can be added to this report:

At the time of the incident, the witness and her two daughters were in the house. The daughters were upstairs asleep and didn’t hear the event.

She described the breathing sound as a “gorilla-like” grunting noise that began just before something hit the outside wall of her bedroom directly above the headboard of the bed and hard enough that she could feel the vibration. It hit the wall two more times as it proceeded down the side of the house and around the corner, then triggered a motion-sensing floodlight that is placed approximately 18ft up on the wall. This particular light is a replacement for one that was mounted at an eleven foot height, but which had recently been ripped off of the house. The bedroom has white vinyl mini blinds on the window, which were closed, and the creature was silhouetted by the light above as it attempted to peer inside. The outline of the figure clearly showed a very large head on top of a huge body that completely covered the rest of the 36" wide window. She observed the shadow swaying back and forth, as if trying to find a gap in the blinds to see through. Also, she was able to hear the creature breathing as it was at the window. This is when she turned the volume up on the television in an unsuccessful attempt to scare the visitor away. After five to six minutes, the shadow moved away from the window. Based on her placement of the figure, the top of the head was over 8 ft off the ground. It should be noted that the house is somewhat elevated with the bottom of the 48" tall bedroom window being slightly over 6 ft above ground level.

The witness phoned her brother once the visitor had moved away from the window. He lives nearby but was not too eager to get out of bed in the middle of the night so he agreed to come over if she experienced any additional activity, which she did not.

The next morning as the witness and her youngest daughter were leaving the house, they both observed two footprints (one left, one right, five toes each) in the snow along the front walkway. The young girl was visibly shaken at this sight. The mother, in her haste to get the child off to school and away from the scene, didn’t take time to photograph or measure the prints. However, she did place her forearm and outstretched fingers above one of the prints to get an idea of the length. Based on this measurement, the length can be estimated at between 14 - 16". The width, as demonstrated to me, was around 7 - 8" with the big toe being two inches in diameter, and the stride length at 7 feet. After arriving at work, she phoned her oldest daughter, who was still sleeping, and asked her to photograph the prints. Unfortunately, by this time the snow had already melted and the prints were no longer visible.

This family has been living at their present location for over 10 years, during which time they have had multiple incidents, including the unexplained killing of several of their dogs. The witness’ house is located on a ridge with canyons to the north and south, from which loud, wailing vocalizations are frequently heard. The residents of this housing area, and those immediately surrounding it, have had many bigfoot sightings as well as numerous other events that are consistent with reported bigfoot behavior.

This report is from the Mescalero Apache Reservation, located in the Sacramento Mountains of south central New Mexico. Encompassing 720 square miles, with elevations ranging from 5,400 to 12,000 ft, the area is rich in wildlife and supportive resources.

About BFRO Investigator Todd Perteet:

Todd Perteet lives in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado and is a lifelong outdoorsman. Expeditions attended include Colorado (2008, 2009, 2010), Oklahoma (2008, 2009), Utah (2009), and Wyoming (2009).

Post subject: Re: BFRO OTERO COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:24 am 

Quote:
Report # 9228 (Class A)
Submitted by witness R.B. on Thursday, August 26, 2004. (UPCOMING EXPEDITION AREA) Nighttime sighting by residents on Mescalero IR
YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 25,26

OBSERVED: Yesterday morning out I went outside to feed my dogs around 5:00 AM. I was wondering where my dogs were. I found them under my house. They started to bark toward the back so I went inside and looked out the back window. I seen something looking right at me. It was big, tall and hairy, with eyes red. I stared at it a long time, my wife came and seen it too. She got so scared she told me to not take my son to school yet.

Next night we heard the dog howling, my son was not back from his friend's house and he had the truck. My son ran to the door hitting the door hard. He was yelling, Dad let me in, hurry! Dad! Hurry! I opened the door, my son fell down. He was scared. He said he seen something walking on the dirt road and when he got out of the truck that thing started to run after him. My son said he will not walk around at night after what he saw.

ALSO NOTICED: There were a lot of tracks

OTHER WITNESSES: I was the witness with my son and my wife

OTHER STORIES: Down the rode about 3 miles there was an incident. My wife and my friend's wife were home while me and my friend went to work. They said a tall hairy bigfoot was looking at them thru the window. The dogs were scared and my wife was scared. She called my cell and told me she was in a closet with her neighbor and a baby. She said they could hear it growling and stomping.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 5:00 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Cold and we just had a cooked.

ENVIRONMENT: Forest and mountains

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dr. Steven Coy:

This is another of several witnesses I have talked to and/or personally interviewed during the past three years in Otero County regarding encounters and sightings.

About BFRO Investigator Dr. Steven Coy:

Former wildlife biologist - US Department of Interior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:25 am 

Quote:
Report # 10114 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, December 29, 2004. A few witnesses see something reach through an open window in Mescalero N.M

MONTH: July

DATE: late july

LOCATION DETAILS: all of this happened over different seasons and times. And the locations were brushy and have alot of trees around.

NEAREST TOWN: in mescalero

NEAREST ROAD: the nearest highway is hwy 70

OBSERVED:
Around 11:00p.m. my sister in-law ran in to my mother in-law's house from outside and said that she seen something very tall walking on the trail below the house. She said it was walking back and fourth on the trail below before it came up to the house and stood at the corner looking at them sitting there. That's when her and her friends ran inside and told me.

We checked outside around the front but saw nothing. So they went in her room after that. Me and my girlfriend stayed in the living room and watched TV.

When we heard some noise in the dinning room I said,"what was that?". She said I dont know so I jumped up to see. Some of the girls came out to see what the noise was. It was like somebody throwing stuff around in the room. When I got to the dining room I saw a large hand reaching in the window. It reached across a table by the window and pulled out a bowl that had some food in it. We all got scared and I called the conservation office. Nothing else happened after that.

This thing has been hanging around this town [Mescalero] for about 2-3 years now. About 2 years before that, a bigfoot followed my brother in-law home from a friends house about 12:00am

He saw it down the road, about 150 yards away. He got scared and ran home. When he got to the door he started pounding on it. He didn't know it had followed him, but when he looked behind him he saw that the bigfoot was standing there looking at him, about 10 feet away.

When they opened the door my brother ran inside. He said the thing left after about 5 minutes.

Another sighting was about a year ago at the same house. My mother in-law went out to get her clothes off the line. There was snow on the ground. It was about 8:00am. She saw two sets of tracks, a very large set and a smaller set, like it had a smaller one with it. The tracks went between the house and the clothes line. Some of her clothes were on the ground. The tracks went down to the trees below her house.

Now I live in a trailer home up the highway. The closest house is a mile away. One time I could hear loud screams one canyon over from where I live.

One night me and my girlfriend were here without any power and no dogs. We were going to bed and we heard a sound like a rumble on the side of our room. It was like somebody bumped our trailer with a car. It happened just once. I figured it was a bigfoot because we've heard it around here.

ENVIRONMENT: Around the first house there's a lot of trees below and between the houses. The neighborhood is on a hill above Hwy 70.

The other place, where my trailer is, is very brushy . A lot of pine trees down in a valley.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Spoke to witness. He added the following, regarding the hand incident:

The kitchen is in the back of the house. There were several people in the front of the house. They were having a party. The creature had a lighter palm color compared the rest of the arm, which was covered in black hair.

About BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Eddie Flores is a state licensed Cosmetology Instructor in El Paso, Texas. He served as a BFRO guide/detective on the Mescalero Apache Expedition (January 2005). Click here for the expedition report.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 am 

Quote:
Report # 7823 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Hector Valles on Wednesday, January 21, 2004. (UPCOMING EXPEDITON AREA) Campers hear screams around midnight
YEAR: 1995

NEAREST TOWN: Cloudcroft

NEAREST ROAD: About 5 minutes from the town.

OBSERVED: I found your web page a few days ago. I was astonished when I started reading some of the articles. They reminded me of a situation that my friend Edgar and I experienced one night when we were camping in Cloudcroft New Mexico.
It was [1995] in the summer months. Edgar and I had pitched a tent. At about 1 in the morning we were awakened by a scream that was coming from far away. The sound kept getting closer and closer. We kept trying to figure out what animal was making those noises. We were too scared to look out so we just stayed very quiet inside the tent. We could tell that the 'animal' was looking for food because it was making stops at each of the camping spots. It sounded awful. It was like a screaming baby or screaming woman. In between each scream you could also hear some grunts. Eventually, it reached our caming spot. We could hear that it was looking around and it left. It continued the screaming untill it faded in the distance.

The following morning we asked the camp manager if he had heard anything during the night. He said no. When we told him what we heard, he dismissed it as a cougar. Since we are not experienced campers, we believed him and left it as that until I herd the recordings on your web page. The sounds are almost identical to those on the recordings. The recordings sounds are from far away. We heard it within a few feet, but they sounded the same.

OTHER WITNESSES: There were 2 witnesses: Edgar and myself. We were both sleeping inside our tent.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 1 am. It was a clear night. No lights were in the area. There was a fire pit with some ambers still burning.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest.

Follow-up investigation report:

A correction by Hector regarding the date of the sighting was given to me as Summer (mid-July) of 1995, rather than 1996. The time of the sighting was anywhere from 11pm to 1am.

The weather was clear, dry, and the evenings were cool enough up in the mountains to need a jacket. Sighting occurred in Otero County, NM. The area is wooded (although thinly within the campground itself), and the grounds were nestled between two hills in a more flat area at the bottom. Mountains and hills surround the area, and are heavily wooded with pine trees, etc.

No bigfoot creature was seen by Hector, and he said his friend Edgar did not see it either, they only heard it screaming. They were awakened from within their tent in the night by a screaming in the distance that sounded like a cross between a woman and a baby. Hector stated that the sounds continued, with pauses in between, from very far in the distance, until they came closer, and into the campground. He (they) could tell that the creature was not human, nor did it sound like any animal they had ever heard before. The creature, they thought, was walking through the campground checking out the four spots or so where campers were at, and possibly foraging for food. The creature got to their camp and stood near the fire pit, or between the fire pit and their tent. Total distance was estimated to be at approximately 20 to 25 feet away from the tent. The creature continued to scream and pause, grunting and sounding like it was sniffing in the pauses. Then it would scream LOUD again and it started to walk off into the forest. The witnesses dared not poke their heads out of the tent. The only weapon they had was a hammer.

Estimated time from the first screams they heard until the last screams they heard were approximately 10-15 minutes.

Hector and Edgar got up the next morning and looked for tracks, but none were found.

Weather Conditions: Chilly, due to higher altitude during the Summer.

A sound similar to what Edgar says he heard can be found here. Edgar chose that particular sound after listening to several alleged Bigfoot sounds on several websites.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:28 am 

Quote:
Report # 10126 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Kate H. on Thursday, December 30, 2004. Possible night time sighting by a resident in the Carrizo neighborhood of Mescalero IR

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: June

DATE: 02

LOCATION DETAILS: Four miles north of Mescalero School.

NEAREST TOWN: Mescalero Apache Nation

NEAREST ROAD: (Withheld)

OBSERVED: We hear screams almost every night throughout the spring and summer months.

This particular incident occured after midnight, approximately 1:00am. I was awakened by all the neighborhood dogs barking. Even my dog was barking outside my window. Suddenly my dog began to cry. I sat up and walked into the living room and opened the sliding door enough to peek out side and listen to what the dogs were barking at. When I heard a loud scream like screeching then it turned into a loud holler.

This screaming sounds went on for about ten minutes and came closer to my home. I then closed the sliding door and continued to peek out my living room window.

I saw this tall hairy thing like a man standing next to the other window looking inside my home. I got down on all fours and began to crawl into the kitchen where he couldn't see me. I remained there for about five minutes, then looked toward the window where he was standing and could not see him. I crawled to the window and peeked out. I saw it walking into the dark carrying something in its hand.

The next morning when I looked out my front porch my deer jerky that was hanging to cure was gone.

ALSO NOTICED: There was a sour like body order in the air when he was present. I was in the home at the time but I could still smell it.

OTHER WITNESSES: My family which includes Husband, and two boys.

OTHER STORIES: Through the summer months my family and I hear screms like screeching/hollers after midnight.

ENVIRONMENT: Open land and pine treesalong the mountain tops.
There is a traugh full of water for out horses.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Spoke to witness and added the following:

What she saw at the window was a silhouette of very big, tall hairy figure. She no longer lives in that home, but other family members do who say there is still activity in the area.

About BFRO Investigator Eddie Flores:

Eddie Flores is a state licensed Cosmetology Instructor in El Paso, Texas. He served as a BFRO guide/detective on the Mescalero Apache Expedition (January 2005).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:36 am 

Quote:

Report # 3895 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Withheld by request on Tuesday, March 05, 2002.
YEAR: 1997

MONTH: August

LOCATION DETAILS: Edited by request

NEAREST TOWN: Mescalero, New Mexico

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 70

OBSERVED: This is a resubmission of my report of August 25, 1997.

In the first incident, two sisters, daughters of (edited), who is in her 80s, were on their way to their mother's place to pick up children for a birthday party. As they turned on to the dirt/gravel road to the house they saw something sitting by the left side of the road. When the car lights illuminated it, it stood up to a height estimated to be 7' or more. One of the sisters refused to look at it after one glance. It was reported to me that the eyes seemed red in the headlights. It was hairy all over with a kind of pointed head, long arms, and no neck. It moved of toward the river. The sisters turned into their mother's drivway and did not see it again. They were very frightened and were sure it was not a bear or a human. This happened in March of 1997, as I recall.

My husband and I were visiting our "adopted" family in August 1997, having arrived there on August 21st. We were in our pop-up camper, parked by the river and behind the brush arbor across the driveway from Grandma's house. Next door to her house lives her son and his family. Her son was away on a fire, along with his son, but his wife and daughter were at home. On August 21st, we had set up our camp, ate, visited, and went to bed early - around 11:00 p.m. Everyone was asleep except me and I was drifting into sleep, when I felt a very strong jolt to our camper which made everything rattle. I thought it might be a horse or cow, but the impact was higher than a horse or cow, like at the roof line. I was too scared to move, but didn't know why. Nothing more happened, so I went to sleep and told my husband about it the next morning. (He sleeps like a log.) On Saturday, August 23rd, the whole group of us, maybe 20 people, had cooked and eaten outside and after cleanup we all sat around the fire in the brush arbor, enjoying the cool evening and visiting with old friends. I was talking and way off somewhere kind of remember hearing a sound like a baby crying. The little girl sitting next to me said "Did you hear that?" I responded that I didn't hear anything, and she said "that wierd howl." Immedately the adults stood up and told the children to go to the house, that is was time for bed. They all heard "it," whatever "it" was. My husband and I and our two little granddaughters sat there for a short while, wondering what was going on, and then went into our trailer and went to sleep. The dogs barked and howled almost all night. The next morning, Sunday, August 24th, I woke up and went to the house for coffee. All of the family members were already there, talking. I listened for awhile and the topic of conversation intrigued me, so I asked what everyone is talking about. Dead silence. I jokingly said that it sounded to me like they were talking about Bigfoot. One and then another of them began to talk about it, and I said "why didn't you tell me?" Their response was that they didn't want to scare us off. I told them I'd been interested in this for years. Then the stories came out, such as the first one cited herein. Two of the grandchildren, the previous night, had been on their way to their grandmother's house. As they turned off from the main highway to the old highway, where there is a sharp, left-hand curve in the road about 50 yards in, and where the remains of the old highway continues to a deadend to the right, they saw the being. It was right at the curve where they saw crossing in front of their vehicle, a very large, hairy, long-armed figure, which they observed to them cross the deadend portion of the road and crash up the hill through the brush. They continued on to Grandma's house. As we all sat and listened to this, and everyone of us believed them, L. S. a son-in-law, suggested that we all go look for sign at the site where this occurred. L. is an Eskimo from Selawik, Alaska, and he is a hunter. I wanted to go but was still in my pajamas and robe, so I told them to go without me. When I got there they were gone so I returned back to the house. When they returned, Lewis said there were droppings, tracks, and matted down grasses, and chicken feathers, but no sign of bones or other scraps. His view of the droppings, as related to me then, is that they don't belong to a bear or any other animal he knows of. They contained seeds and plant materials, and bore a resemblance to human feces except for size and quantity.

Before we got to Mescalero, in early August, (edited) said she woke up early one morning and noticed a huge handprint on her dining room window, which is a large window beneath which the table sits. She went outside to clean it off so the grandkids and others wouldn't see it and be scared. Grandma is proud of her flower garden of lilies, and she said the flowers were trampled down by something heavy. Again, there were no horses around.

In the kitchen on August 24th, I was told that howls and screams occur frequently at night, and that they have all heard them and cannot identify them. All remarked about the bad odors they have smelled on nights when the dogs, which are tied up, have barked and barked. One of the granddaughters was sitting in the living room one night, watching TV, when she happened to look out the window to see something looking in at her. All she could say was that it was big and hairy.

The family advises that these strange sounds and occurrences began in their area about November of 1996. There is plenty of cover in this area, including a wash, or arroyo, in which Grandma and her daughters go to gather tea, which activity they told me they were now afraid to do. They told me that easy access to the river, etc., is why there are sightings. They do not lieve there is anything they have done, in "Indian Way," to have caused this.

ALSO NOTICED: I was told that a mountain lion made his/her home on the ridge across from the house, but since these noises and sightings have happened, there is no sign of the cougar anymore. I spoke with (name withheld) a week or so ago, and she told me that the sounds are heard almost every night at about 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. Her daughter, works with a man who is tracking owls at night for EPA(?) while doing an owl study. Evidently he has seen and heard things on the ridge of (withheld) Canyon. There have also been reports of trash cans/dumpsters being rummaged through, and people emptying their trash catching something in their headlights at these locations.

OTHER WITNESSES: Witnesses were all family members, which can be identified by (name withheld) when you contact her. I can't remember the name of the grandson and granddaughters. There were at least two witnesses to the sightings by vehicle; only Grandma saw the handprints on the window; and everyone heard the howl (or what I thought was a baby crying) - probably 20 or so. L. S., from Alaska, will most likely be in Mescalero in June, as he and his family are there all summer with his wife's mother.

OTHER STORIES: Lots of local stories. One, which is sort of a legend, involves a Hispanic woman who lived at or near Capitan, was supposedly kidnapped by a Bigfoot some years ago and finally came home with lots of broken bones - and pregnant. The child grew up "looking funny" (so I was told) and always looking for a fight. In August 1997 the family told me about an Apache man who was at a feast somewhere out on the reservation. He left the clearing where the ceremony was taking place and went to the woods to urinate. As he did so, something allegedly picked him up and flung him about. I am told that this man is big, and about 6'2" tall, but he was tossed around easily and scared to death.

On Sunday morning, August 24, 1997, one of the daughters said she had just read an article about some very large tracks being found around the alkali lakes between the towns of Alamogordo and Las Cruces, NM, on Hwy 70. I neglected to ask which paper, assuming it was the Alamogordo paper This area is not a part of the Apache reservation.

For some years I have gone with my family to Mescalero to help cook for the 4th of July feasts which involved the "coming out" of the young girls of this family. We have always camped at the family's place, however. I have been told that the sounds kept people who were camped out at the feast grounds, up almost all night. These sounds came from the little canyon between the feast grounds and rodeo grounds on the hill almost right in Mescalero. The family has also told me of other incidents "way back" when Grandma was young.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: All of these incidents occurred at dark and late at night. The weather was typical late summer, hot in the day, cool and clear at night. Lighting in all cases was by vehicle headlights. This is a rural area, so night lighting is usually from a yard light.

ENVIRONMENT: These incidents occurred within the boundaries of the homelands of the Mescalero Apaches in NM. Mescalero is a small community located in south central NM on Hwy 70, about equidistant from Ruidoso to the east and Tularosa to the west. The nearest big cities are El Paso, TX, and Albuquerque, NM. Mescalero community sits in a valley surrounded by mountainous terrain, heavily wooded with oak, walnut, and various conifers. A stream runs through Mescalero, crosses under the highway and runs along what is called "The Old Highway." It is at two sites along the old highway that two sightings have recently occurred. Homes are located along this road, with some just back from the highway. The sightings occurred at (name withheld) place about a mile or so from Hwy 70.

I have personally met with and interviewed several locals from this area and talked by telephone to others. Sightings and encounters have reportedly occurred historically for a number of years, possibly decades.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:37 am 

Quote:
Report # 1918 (Class A)
Submitted by witness none on Wednesday, March 07, 2001.
YEAR: 2000

MONTH: June

DATE: June, 2000

LOCATION DETAILS: Between Mescalero and Ruidoso, New Mexico. On the Mescalero Apache Reservation.

NEAREST ROAD: US highway 70

OBSERVED: Last summer, my mother was awaken by the dogs who were barking really hard so she got up and went upstairs to check on the children. On her way back down she just happened to look out of the window and she saw this dark figure walking up the road. She couldn't see it that well because trees were blocking her view but the window was open so she heard it making deep grunting noises. All the dogs in the neighborhood were barking and crying.
About a week before my mom seen it, my aunt was also awaken by the dogs and she looked out here window (upstairs) and saw it disappear into the trees behind her house. She lives just next door to us.
A few weeks after my mom seen it, I saw it. I woke up about 3 o' clock a.m. and my bed is positioned in my room so that if I sit up, I can see directly out of my window. My room is also on the second floor so I sat up and I saw it walking up the road. My window was open and the odor it let out smelled like something dead or decaying. It was about 7 or 8 feet tall, it was black, it's head kind of had a point near the back, as it walked it seemed slightly hunched over and it naturally swung it's arms. it was about 8 ft from an orange street light so I could see it clearly. I watched it as it walked up the road and once it got past the trees I couldn't see it anymore so I ran downstairs to my mom and woke her up then she came up to my room and she sat on my bed with me then the dogs started barking back by my house so we just sat on my bed and looked out the window. In the ditch by the road, we see it's figure through the trees, it was playing with a can or something. It was scary.
We hear a lot of stories from the people who have seen it. Our neighborhood isn't that big and it's only been there for about 10 to 15 years, plus it's in the mountains.

ALSO NOTICED: It was playing with a can or something that was lying by the road.

OTHER WITNESSES: There were two witnesses, my mother and I. We were sleeping.

OTHER STORIES: This lady saw it looking in her window, another man said it was chasing him,my uncle saw it digging in the neighbor's trash, people have saw it walking back into the trees or walking across the road. There are a lot of stories we hear but I think people actually see more than they tell because they don't want people to think that they're crazy. I know that's how I was.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was a clear night, early morning. The moon was out and there was an orange street light about 8 ft. from it.

ENVIRONMENT: On one side of the road there is a canyon, but the whole neighborhood area is surrounded by mountains. The trees there are mainly pine.

I met with this family for six hours on August 3, 2001, including a five hour night surveillance from their home.
The mother and daughter have both had two sightings apiece, one mutual and one each separate. We concluded they have seen two separate creatures because of height differences. The first was estimated at 6 feet or so, and the second, based on physical structures at the site, I estimate at 7 1/2 -8 feet in height.
They have innumerable stories of relatives, friends, and neighbors having had sightings, vocalizations, or experiences over the years in this area.
The aunt who lives next door, perhaps 40 yards through the trees but easily in view, has had at least 3-4 sightings from her house.
Unbelievable as it sounds, the creature(s) seem to be raiding garbage containers in the housing unit. The witnesses live across the street from a deep canyon that is thick with ponderosa pine and scrub oak. Visibility is 15-20 yards at most. During my night of surveillance with them, from 8 pm to 1 am, we heard 2 unusual grunt-like sounds from down in the canyon.
The daughter's most recent sighting was a Friday night about July 14, 2001, She was awakened by heavy footsteps outside her bedroom, sat up to look out the upstairs window, and saw the head and shoulders of a huge dark creature walk by between the house and the family clothes lines.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:37 am 

Quote:
Report # 537 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Ernest K. on Saturday, October 28, 2000.
YEAR: 2000

DATE: 7-29-2000

LOCATION DETAILS: [Location details removed]

NEAREST TOWN: Mescalero, NM

NEAREST ROAD: US Highway 70

OBSERVED: While getting home late that night on July 29,2000, a friend and I heard a loud screaming or screeching sound behind [houses] on the Mescalero Apache Reservation. It screamed several times within 10 minutes.

There are several stories around here of people seeing a tall hairy creature eating out of dumpsters at night.

ALSO NOTICED: At the beginning, the dogs around were all howling and barking. Then after the noise was heard, the dogs were quiet.

OTHER WITNESSES: Three witness were getting home late at night.

OTHER STORIES: Some people say they have seen it around the reservation, eating out of dumpsters, or crossing in front as the people are driving. Some talk about an awful stench, then their dogs get frightened.

A state trooper once saw it crossing the road (US Highway 70), near [a building on the reservation].

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The night was a clear night with
a little light from the moon around
64 degrees at about 11:00 pm.

ENVIRONMENT: The environment is thick with timber of pine, oak, cedar, fir, and aspen, with many logging roads leading to the back area, of roughed terrian, with many mountains.

Witness was cooperative and willing to meet with BFRO investigators. He stated the screams were similar to the recordings on the BFRO website.

It is interesting to note that the witness lives on the same road as another witness who submitted a report about a sighting in the same area during June, 2000.

This witness stated that he knows a different woman whose relative claimed to have seen one of the creatures in her back yard "about a month ago." He agreed to try to obtain her name to see if she would be agreeable to a telephone interview by BFRO.

This was 4th sighting from this area in the last 12 months or so.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:39 am 

Quote:

Report # 9918 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, December 02, 2004.
YEAR: 1987

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: [Details witheld by investigator, due to upcoming expedition in the same area].

NEAREST ROAD: [Details withheld by investigator, due to upcoming expedition in the same area]

OBSERVED: I don't know if this will be of any importance, but I was reading your website and found out you will be going to Mescalero NM next month.

One time about 20 years ago ( I'm sorry I can't remember the exact year), me and a distant cousin of mine had something strange happen to us near Mescalero.

It was very early in the morning, maybe just after sunrise. We had to be at work at the Inn of the Mountain Gods [the casino / golf resort on the Mescalero Reservation]. No one wanted to give us a ride to work so we decided to walk to the main highway and hitchhike to work.

This happened in an area called [location name removed due to upcoming expedition in the same area]. This is where my father lives. From my father's house to the paved road is a distance about maybe 1/2 mile.

We finally got to the paved road and maybe walked another 1/4 mile when we started hearing noises from across the road at the tree line. Prior to this, I can't remember when, I had heard something similar when I had gone outside to hang clothes. It was just before sunset and I heard something scream. It scared the living daylights out of me and I just ran inside. I had been home alone and I couldn't wait for my father to come home so I could tell him. When I did finally tell him he told me it was probably an elk bugling. Which I didn't believe for one minute becuase this thing was very high pitched.

Anyway I was telling "BB" about this incident. That it kind of sounded like that time I heard something before. All I know is that it really scared us. I have walked that road before, even at night by myself and I have never been scared like that.

We also noticed that whatever it was, it sounded like it was following us along the tree line. Because when we stopped, it stopped, and at one point we started running, it seemed to run along with us. That's when we really got scared, because we could hear the branches snapping. We didn't know what to do because we were too scared. And there wasn't really any houses nearby to run to, so we were half walking, running, trying to decide if we should go back to my dad's or just keep going when a truck came from behind. We waved those people down and jumped in. I don't think we even waited for them to ask us if we wanted a ride.

I don't know what that thing could have been. All I know is that it was making some really scary noises and it seemed to be following us.

ALSO NOTICED: Maybe a couple of weeks before this I had heard a weird scream coming from a distance while I was outside hanging clothes. This scared me so bad that I just went inside and didn't bother to hang the clothes. The reason I was so scared when me and my cousin were walking was because this sounded very similar.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and my cousin.

OTHER STORIES: You hear stories now and then about bigfoots in the area. My dad has heard stories. I know when my children go visit him he rarely ever lets them play outside. He says because of "bears", but I think it's something else, he just doesn't want to say.

[See the other reports for Lincoln and Otero Counties]

TIME AND CONDITIONS: This happened early in the morning. I think maybe between 6am and 7am.

ENVIRONMENT: It is all forest in this area. Except for the paved road that goes between two ridges.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:

This general area has been mentioned by other contacts on the Mescalero Reservation.

See photos of the region on the details page for the two upcoming expeditions. Click here for that page.

These are open-invitation expeditions for people who want to join the BFRO. Participants must be prepared for any weather conditions.

At this time there are no remaing slots for the first expedition in late December, but you are invited to inquire about remaing slots for the second expedition by calling (949) 278-6403 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (949) 278-6403 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:

Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.

- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1992.

- Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law, 1996.

- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organizaton,1995.

- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science," 2001.

- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.

- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.

- Current Director of the BFRO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:40 am 

Quote:
Report # 8417 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Alejo Lozano on Tuesday, March 30, 2004. (UPCOMING EXPEDITION AREA) Daylight sighting by a deer hunter
YEAR: 1976

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: Mountains, with deep forest, mostly pine trees. It was during deer hunting season. As far as directions, that's hard to remember, because I never went back to it. It was a long time ago. I was a young man then.

NEAREST TOWN: Pinon N.M.

NEAREST ROAD: 24

OBSERVED: I believe it was 1976 when I and a couple of cousins (primos), were deer hunting in Otero county between the area of Weed and Pinon, New Mexico in Otero county. I am a loner by nature, so I went off to do my own hunting. They went a different direction.

As I climed the side of a mountain side I spotted some turkeys running up hill, so I gave chase so to speak. As I got to the top, I started going down the other side, it was very thick with pinon trees. As I went further down I saw a small meadow in the arroyo. I was on my knees because of all the thick trees. Anyway as I sat there, tired of walking, I was looking towards the meadow, and from the left side of the meadow I saw something walk out from the tree line, and up the edge, and back into the tree line.

It never saw me and I did not stick around for it to see me. What I saw was tall, maybe six and a half to seven feet tall, black long hair all over its body, and walked like a man. It was heavy set and appeared muscular. Its face was also covered with hair.

I did not tell anybody about it until a few years ago, when I mentioned it to my grand kids. They laugh about it, so I do not tell it anymore. But I know what I saw and I would not shoot at it if ever I see another one. I had a 300 B.D.L. Remington with me at the time, but I didn't even rasied my gun at it.

ALSO NOTICED: Just that I have beening hunting all my life and I have seen all types of animals in the wild, including bears. What I saw was not a bear.

OTHER WITNESSES: None.

OTHER STORIES: Not until today when i got online.

[See the other reports for Lincoln County and Otero County]

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning hours. Lighting was good. Somewhat windy.

ENVIRONMENT: Like I said mostly pine forest, in a mountainous area. Some meadows in some areas.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:

Alejo is retired. He had a long career as a state prison guard at the Southern New Mexico Correction Facility in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

My conversation with him established a few important things, with respect to his reliability as an observer in this situaton:

- Alejo has hunted in New Mexico's Sacramento Mountains since his youth. He has seen black bears several times while hunting. He would not have misinterpreted a black bear in this scenario.

- During his 20 years as a state prison guard he has spent a lot of time closely watching big, bad, buff guys. The figure he saw in the mountains was much bigger than any prison inmate he has even seen.

I asked Alejo if anything else stood out in his memory about the figure. He said it had very dark fur covering its whole body.

I asked if the figure was walking in the shade, or was possibly a silhouette from his angle of view, which might have made the fur appear darker than it actually was.

Alejo was certain about the fur color, because the figure had walked across a small meadow, in direct, overhead sunlight. It was out in the open, at a distance of 50 yards or so. It didn't seem to notice Alejo, or at least didn't make eye contact, and it wasn't in a hurry.

-------------------------------------------------------

There are two BFRO expeditions are headed to this area in the last week of 2004 and the first week of 2005.

There are unsually good odds for seeing and photographing in this region, at this time of year, due to the peculiarities of the terrain, and the access and support we are receiving from the local people.

See photos of the region on the page for the upcoming expeditions. Click here for that page.

These are open-invitation expeditions for people who would like to join the BFRO. Participants must be experienced campers and be prepared for any weather conditions.

At this time there are no remaining slots for the first expedition, but you are invited to inquire about remaing slots for the second expedition. To inquire, call (949) 278-6403 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (949) 278-6403 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:

Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.

- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1992.

- Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law, 1996.

- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organizaton,1995.

- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science," 2001.

- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.

- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.

- Current Director of the BFRO