Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO LEFLORE COUNTY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:50 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 23733 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, May 04, 2008. Daylight observation by BFRO investigator near Honobia
YEAR: 2008

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: March

DATE: 05/03/2008

STATE: Oklahoma

COUNTY: Le Flore County

LOCATION DETAILS: Near Highway 144, outside the Kiamichi Mountain town of Honobia

NEAREST TOWN: Honobia

NEAREST ROAD: 144

OBSERVED: We were hiking up a ridge above a friends cabin. We had stopped to catch our breath and check out some stone formations. After about 10 minutes waiting for one of my friends to come back from a possible stone formation, I was looking uphill and saw a head peaking around a hickory tree and brush. It was moving back and forth from around the tree. There was a lot of dead tree fall and vegetation between us but it appeared to be sitting on the ground.

I could see a face, head and shoulder of what appeared to be of a primate. I asked the friend closest to me to come behind me slowly and look over my right shoulder. I pointed in the direction of the animal and he about fell over.

The eyes were dark and the face appeared to be covered in hair/fur. The head was crested and covered in fuzzy hair. The hair came down the head and became longer as it transitioned into the shoulder area.

The hair was an Irish Setter red. There was a very short neck area. It was100 to 125 feet away from me. It appeared to be smaller than me. I am 6 feet tall 280 pounds.

After watching it for about 5 minutes (as it watched me), my other friend started to return and it started walking back away from us. I lost sight of it, but it reappeared a short distance to the left of the previous position and began peaking at us from over the top of the vegetation it was hiding behind. This time the peeking was very quick with a minute between appearances. We watched this for about 15 more minutes and then did not see it again.

ALSO NOTICED: We heard movement along two ravines on either side of us.

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes 2. But the second witness could only see part of the body.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, on the BFRO website.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: This occurred about 1:30 in the afternoon.

ENVIRONMENT: Heavily wooded, hardwoods and ground vegetation. A lot of dead fall and some rock outcroppings

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Sybilla Irwin:

This observation happened while some BFRO investigators were scouting the areas around Honobia prior to the 2008 Oklahoma expedition, which took place near Honobia. The witness, Texas BFRO Investigator Jerry Durand, called me while he could still see the animal.

The following details can be added:

Two people were able to observe an apparent juvenile bigfoot, in daylight, just outside the Kiamichi Mountain town of Honobia.

The figure appeared to be less than 6 feet tall, but it had very broad shoulders. Its hair color made it stand out in the daylight. Its hair was reddish and spiky in places, and was a couple of inches longer around the head and neck area.

Its face was rounded and flat with hair covering the cheeks and chin area. Its eyes were big, round and dark. There was not a prominent brow ridge. Some of the features were obscured by hair.

The arms were 36 to 38 inches in length and were lanky and lean. It was sitting or squatting behind rocks, trees and brush that were roughly 3 feet tall.

The length of observation was 15 to 20 minutes.

Impressions and a possible wood knocking "station" were found 50 yards from the spot.

Both witnesses are experienced in tracking and field investigations.

Several other incidents occurred within a few miles of this spot during the 2008 Oklahoma Expedition.

Comments from witness added on 11/07/08:

"No there are not any photos.

Yes I had a camera, I always carry a camera.

However, the camera was on the bottom of my pack.

Background-As I saw the creature, what I believe to be a juvenile, I did not want to take my eyes of of it. After I called TH over to see it, I removed my pack and began to search blindly for the camera. I couldn't feel it so I radioed my wife to look in my truck and make sure I didn't leave it there. (She turned the radio off because of static). I refused to take my eyes off of Nubbie, as we are referring to it. I concentrated on observing every detail I could so as to file a report. Plus you never know how long you will be able to see a sighting of this nature. When we finally lost sight of Nubbie for good, I searched my pack and my camera was there. I was hot, fit to be tied."

The artist sketch below was created using the witnesses description.
Attachment:
23733.jpg
23733.jpg [ 151.6 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]

About BFRO Investigator Sybilla Irwin:

• Bachelor of Arts Degree from Texas A&M University

• Junior high school art teacher.

• Professional stained glass artist and teacher.

• Professional event Photographer

• Fine artist. (Oils, pastels, & watercolor) Wildlife, Portraiture, Landscape, and sketches of Sasquatch for investigators and witnesses.

• Attended Texas Expedition 2008, Colorado Expedition 2008, Oklahoma Expedition 2008 and numerous private expeditions. She has attended: Michigan UP Expedition 2009, Utah Expedition 2009,Wyoming Expedition 2009, Colorado Expedition 2009 attended the Oklahoma Expedition 2009. In 2010 she is attending BFRO 'Investigator Only' expeditions in Texas and Colorado.

Post subject: Re: BFRO LEFLORE COUNTY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:52 am 

Quote:
Report # 24682 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, September 06, 2008. Hikers hear possible vocalizations throughout the night near Cedar Lake
YEAR: 2008

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 31

LOCATION DETAILS: Horesthief Springs Trail near Hwy 1.

NEAREST TOWN: Cedar Lake Area

NEAREST ROAD: Holson Valley and Hwy 1

OBSERVED: We started a trip into the Horse thief Springs Trail from Cedar Lake on Saturday afternoon at 1730. We had a late start due to drive from Texas and waking up two teenagers on a Saturday. We were in a hurry to make the springs before dark, so we pressed pretty hard on the trail...we had 7 miles to cover quickly. We had planned on hiking The Old Military Road Trail several miles to the west, but audibled to this one due to available water sources. I made camp on the other side of the Ouachita National Recreation Trail where it intersects with the shorter HST...this was about 200 yards past where a small water flow crosses the ONRT. About 2100, my son's friend stated, "What was that?" My son looked at me and asked if I heard the noise. I wasn't paying attention because I was making our dinner. Another call immediately came...it was a series (3-4) of high-pitched whoops. They were very clear and distinct. My best guess would be within 1/2 mile to our north. At one point my son said, "It sounds like a monkey!" This continued for a while and eventually we heard the "whoops" start coming from our south. The ones from the south sounded like they were coming from past Hwy 1 because we could hear an occasional car pass and it sounded much closer. The calls seemed to go on into the night intermittently. I finally fell asleep around 0230 in the morning and was up around 0600. No other vocalizations were noted during the morning or hike out.

ALSO NOTICED: No signs of any animal life during hike in and out along the trail. Didn't see any tracks... especially around the minimal water sources. The only sign of animals were horse hoof prints from the Equestrian Camp near Cedar Lake.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses...teenage son and friend were first to actually hear the vocalizations.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear to partly cloudy, warm.

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded Hills with local springs.

Follow-up investigation report:

I spoke to the individual filing this report. He is a trained military pilot and spends his free time hiking the backcountry throughout the United States.

The witness described the "whoop" as a two-syllable vocal lasting 2-3 seconds each with crescendo. The vocals were heard throughout the evening. They were similar in sound to a gibbon but higher pitched.

No people were observed in the area and the witness is very familiar with wildlife sounds.

Also noted, no visible animal tracks of any kind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:53 am 

Quote:
Report # 24967 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, October 31, 2008. Off-duty law enforcement officers describe vocalizations, wood knocks, and rock throwning, outside the town of Heavener
YEAR: 2007

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 17th

NEAREST TOWN: Heavener

NEAREST ROAD: holsom valley rd

OBSERVED: Me and a long time friend were camping in the woods near Heavener, Okla by Tram Ridge Road. About 5:15pm we heard what sounded like an ape at the zoo. We sat and listened to this for about two minutes and then there were knocks coming from the area of the creek below us. We thought it was a woodpecker at first but the knocks were to slow and too loud for it to be that.

We had read where that is the way they communicate so we decided to try for ourselves. I really don't think this was a good thing. When started to bang two logs together. The knocks got closer to us and we heard more knocks start so we stopped.

About one to two minutes after that some rocks came flying into camp and these were not small stones that you could throw a long ways. These were about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. As soon as it stopped we were on guard for the rest of the day and that night just got worse.

We went to bed about 10:30pm and all sounded good until there were walking sounds outside our tent and the sounds of what we thought was something smelling along the seam of the tent and around the windows of the tent. After that night we heard nothing the next day.

ALSO NOTICED: we also got foot print pictures

OTHER WITNESSES: 2

OTHER STORIES: yes they are on your site for 2005

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 5:15pm to 11:45pm light was good until after dark. Skys were clear

ENVIRONMENT: Creek bottom land rough and rugged

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Brandon Kiel:

I spoke with the witness for close to an hour. He is in law enforcement and the other witness is law enforcement and an ex-marine. They were joined on the trip by the second witness's son. They arrived in the area around 1pm and set up camp around 4pm. That evening at around 5:30pm as it was getting dark they first heard an owl hooting. This was immediately answered by hoots and hollers coming from one area near them. He is clear that there were two different and distinct types of calls. He describes them as being a mix between an orang and a chimp.

Later they heard something that sounded like a large bear running around the campsite just beyond the firelight, but he says it did not have a quadrupedal pattern to it.

Before they went to bed his friend left camp on 4-wheeler driving 1/4 - 1/2 mile to top of the hill to make a phone call. As his friend left the witness heard something large depart the area in the same direction. When the friend got to top of hill and turned off the 4-wheeler he reported hearing heavy breathing. This spooked him a bit and he immediately returned to camp "white as a ghost".

The witness described the night as being calm, very clear, and cold (he says it was in the 30's). After they went to bed, around midnight, he reports hearing something clearly bipedal walking around the tent. He describes that "it sounded very long-legged...there was alot of time between each step". He reports only hearing one animal. They were all in same same tent and he says they were discussing this while it was going on. They also heard it brush up against tent a few times. The next morning he reports nothing was disturbed, but an ice chest had been opened though nothing was removed.

2pm next afternoon they heard wood knocks about 500 yds away. His friend knocked back and they got a response from two different locations. They continued knocking intermittently for 45 min-hour and it clearly sounded as if the knocks were getting closer; at the closest point he says they were no further than 200 yds away. During this event they could hear the animals moving around and rattling branches. After the knocks stopped, he began to cook hamburgers for lunch. It was during this time that a big rock, the size of a large man's open hand (3-4lb rock), came flying through the trees into camp and landed 3 feet from him. Both men felt this was now becoming a very serious situation and they decided not to tell his son what was happening.

Later that night they heard more walking around the tent/campsite though nothing was disturbed. He reports nothing else occurring the rest of the time they were there (a total of 3 nights/4 days).

They did find footprints in another location 3 miles away on walking trails.

I spoke with the 2nd witness as well and his story was consistent. I found them both to be reasonable, well balanced credible witnesses.

In respect of full disclosure, I grew up very close to this location and have been in this area many times. I have had a Class B encounter here as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Editor's note (Matt Moneymaker):

The description of this incident is consistent with several incidents that have occurred in the same general part of Oklahoma -- the hills and mountains of southeast Oklahoma.

In September 2009 there will be a BFRO expedition in southeast Oklahoma. The expedition is open to non-members and will be led by Troy Hudson.
About BFRO Investigator Brandon Kiel:

Brandon Kiel is a fine art supplier, photographer, and naturalist living in the Bay Area.

BFRO Expeditions:

* California Redwoods, March 2005
* California Redwoods, May 2006
* Oklahoma, December 2005
* Oklahoma, December 2006
* California Sierra Nevada, April 2007
* Brandon coordinated the California Spring 2008 and Redwoods 2008 expeditions
* Brandon will be coordinating the 2009 Spring Nor Cal (Lower) Expedition and the 2009 Fall Nor Cal (Upper) Expedition

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:59 am 

Quote:
Report # 10422 (Class B)
Submitted by witness none on Sunday, January 30, 2005. Local family reports huge tracks near Big Cedar
YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: February

DATE: 5th

NEAREST TOWN: Big Cedar

NEAREST ROAD: hwy 63

OBSERVED: I was reading some of your sighting reports of other people who have had an encounter with one of these creatures. I also have seen one back in 1986 in Bowie County, Texas while deer hunting with my Nephew late one November afternoon. Since that time I live in LeFlore County, Oklahoma.Last Spring while Turkey Hunting with my brother at Big Cedar,OK he had an encounter with one that was about 8'-9' tall this thing shook him up pretty bad. I got a call from a guy at Big Cedar Thursday Jan. 26th last week saying a Road Crew that was working on a bridge on highway 63 East of Big Cedar had found some large tracks of some kind of man or Something. My Nephew and I went there yesterday and seen the tracks they look real my nephew took some pictures, and I contacted Jerry Heston and told him about this. The last two or three years there has been a number of sightings around this area. Myself being an avid hunter and outdoorsman I have desided to hunt for one of these creatures, not to shoot or kill one, but to prove they do exist.
If I can be of any help please let me know. Alot of the people that are doing research on these things are good people, but some of them don't know the first thing about the outdoors or this creature. A few of us have started our on investigation due to it taking so long to get someone down here like when these tracks were found.

ALSO NOTICED: There were many tracks, some may have been juvenille, tracks reported were adult.

OTHER WITNESSES: Sister and nephew

OTHER STORIES: See report

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Dry winter day.

ENVIRONMENT: Ouachita National Forest. The tracks were found only a few yards from the highway on a sandy/rocky road. The surrounding landscape is rugged, mountainous, sparsly inhabited mountains.

After talking to the witness by phone, Chris Buntenbah, Monica Rawlins (of the Texas Bigfoot Research Center) and I met the witness in Big Cedar on Saturday, February 5th, 2005.

On the way to our investigation that morning, we stopped at a local establishment that was selling “Bigfoot Brew.” Alton Higgins had pointed this out to me last June. The business was closed, but photographer Chris Buntenbah took these pictures.
Attachment:
10422a.jpg
10422a.jpg [ 88.38 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

Bigfoot in this area is part of the culture and is commonly known by local residents.

We arrived at the home of local residents at 11:00 a.m. The contact is the brother of a hunter who submitted a report which was followed up on last June during a joint investigation by the BFRO and TBRC. BFRO members were Alton Higgins, Sue Lindley, and Daryl Colyer.
Report #8543. The family was helpful in our investigation last June, and we had asked them if they heard of future bigfoot reports to let us know, which they kindly did.

The brother of the turkey hunter had contacted us on February 1st stating that large tracks had been found in the area, and that he and his family had been to the location to look at them. The tracks were reported to have been discovered by an Oklahoma bridge inspector who was working on some nearby bridges. Word got out to local residents and many people came to the area to see and photograph them. Our contact family also took pictures and gave us the negatives to be developed.
Attachment:
10422d.jpg
10422d.jpg [ 57.22 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

As we talked to the family at their residence, the members who had seen the tracks stated they did not believe there was a hoax involved. The men were life-long hunters and experienced in all sorts of animal and human tracks found in the local woods. They stated that the tracks had all the indicators of being real. They explained that there was “foot movement” in the tracks and separation between the toes that would not be evident in a plywood fake. The tracks were 16 1/2" long and approximately 8" across at the ball of the foot. The stride was measured at 72’’.

We followed the family to the track area and there were two badly weathered tracks. These tracks were found approximately 50 yards from the Kiamichi River. One track that pointed towards the north was complete, but not deep enough to cast. The other track was eroded to the point that ½ of the ball and five toes were all that were left. The latter was facing in a southeasterly direction. Both tracks were from the right foot and looked as though they were possibly made by the same animal. They were very much like large human tracks, but were a little broader and much longer.
The witnesses said there were more tracks when first viewed, but human traffic and erosion had destroyed them. There were also possibly juvenile tracks found. The tracks were damp when we viewed them because of recent rains. When they were first found the ground was dry. The ground was very compact, so if this was an animal, it must have had enormous weight to compress its foot into the dense soil.
Attachment:
10422b.jpg
10422b.jpg [ 235.18 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

Our team looked around the area with the family for more tracks, but none were found. We thanked the family for contacting us, loaning the negatives to us, and we gave them some casting material in case this situation arose again.

After the family left we cast the partial print and went to lunch. (see below cast being taken)
Our team looked around the area with the family for more tracks, but none were found. We thanked the family for contacting us, loaning the negatives to us, and we gave them some casting material in case this situation arose again.

After the family left we cast the partial print and went to lunch. (see below cast being taken)
Attachment:
10422c.jpg
10422c.jpg [ 194.48 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

We returned about two and one half hours later, retrieved our cast, and headed home.

In conclusion; there is no firm evidence that these tracks are genuine since no animal or animals were observed and no dermal ridges were observable, however, the family that showed us around were very experienced hunters and said it would have taken a very long time for someone to give the tracks the detail they had when first viewed by them.

There are thousands of square miles of forest in the Kiamichi Mountains in southeast Oklahoma. It seems feasible that a breeding population of unknown animals could exist in this area with little or no human contact.

The BFRO and TBRC will keep a close watch on this area, and with the help of witnesses may someday have undeniable, physical evidence of bigfoot in LeFlore County, Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:01 am 

Quote:
Report # 2018 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 21, 2001. Young man has road cross encounter at dusk
YEAR: 2000

MONTH: March

LOCATION DETAILS: West on Holson Valley Road, west of Cedar Lake.

NEAREST TOWN: Hodgen

NEAREST ROAD: Holsun Valley Road, between Highways 271 & 270

OBSERVED: As reported to Roger Roberts. The witness, age 18, observed one bigfoot "slowly jogging" across Holson Valley Road; which is two lane blacktop, west of Cedar Lake. He described the creature as "military brown" in color, with long matted hair, heavy set, over 6 ft tall, "fat head" and whiskers. The witness's total time of observation was approximately 10 seconds. The area is devoid of houses and is somewhat remote. The creature never looked in his direction, and continued to "jog" up hill on two legs after crossing the road.

ALSO NOTICED: Initially thought he was observing a bear, but animal continued "jogging" across the road, up a nearby hill on its legs like a man would.

OTHER WITNESSES: One witness, driving his pickup truck.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, the witness's teacher at Leflore County Schools located in Leflore, Oklahoma told him and others she had observed a bigfoot while fishing at Lake Wister, Oklahoma 8 to 10 years ago. The story she related to him was the bigfoot lay down to get a drink of water across the lake and then walked casually away.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Dusk, just before dark. Clear and bright evening.

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded mountains to bottom land with southern pine and secondary growth. Sighting was from two lane blacktop road.

About BFRO Investigator Roger Roberts:

Private Investigator with 29 years experience, former Special Operations, U.S. Army

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 am 

Quote:
Report # 9853 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, November 24, 2004. While camping, couple hears repeated strange, night time vocalizations

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 22

LOCATION DETAILS: Billy Creek campground

NEAREST ROAD: road 6020a, highway 63

OBSERVED: This was our third trip to the LeFlore county area. We were aware of the BFRO reports from this area and decided to camp,explore and just enjoy some time outside. To become more familiar with the area we wanted to spend time in the Honobia Wildlife Area and the Ouchita Nat'l Forest. We arrived late on October 22nd and just picked an easy place to access. We set up camp in the Billy Creek campground. At approximately 2330 hours Ann and I both heard an unusual sound. Ann described the sound as being a cross between an elk and an elephant. She heard the sound twice and thought it came from west of us on a slight ridge. I heard the sound four times and thought it came from the creek bottom. I would describe the sound as having a hollow quality with two distinct pitches. The sound lasted about three seconds with the first half being the higher pitch. Our dog was acting rather nervous for a short time before and during the sounds. After the sounds he settled down and went to sleep. We didn't hear anything else. We were the only ones in the campground that night. The next night there were three other tents. We heard nothing that night. We're not saying that this was a bigfoot, but we've spent quite a bit of time outdoors and haven't heard anything like this previously. Being rural people we're aware of the different wildlife sounds but, this was a new one to us.

ALSO NOTICED: nothing noted

OTHER WITNESSES: My wife and I were in the tent. Our dog was also with us and acting rather nervous.

OTHER STORIES: It was our first time in this particular campground. The 2 previous trips were spent camping up and off of old roads.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was approximately 2330. It was very dark, cloudy, with intermittent soft rain.

ENVIRONMENT: Mixed hardwood and pine forest near a creek bottom. The campground was approximately 50 feet above the creek level which was running with water at the time.

I talked to the married couple by phone on November 26, 2004. The couple were on their third trip to the area doing bigfoot research and rock climbing. They had heard of the reports from the area via the BFRO web site, and were interested in the subject. Their first trip was the spring of last year (2003). On this trip, they arrived at the campground on a Friday, the 19th of October.

It was misting/light rain when they arrived at the campground after dark. They had a map they had purchased showing local camp grounds, and they had chosen this location because it was in Le Flore County, OK, where many sasquatch reports had been reported.

The wife said that she was having a hard time going to sleep that night when she heard a strange sound like a cross between an elk and an elephant. She heard it twice, and her husband heard it four times. The husband described the sound as a two-pitched sound that lasted for about three seconds. It started out as a high pitch, then midway through the vocalization the tone lowered. There was about a thirty-second pause in between each call. The witness said it had a "hollow" quality somewhat like a foghorn. The sound was estimated to be far away by both witnesses.

The couple obviously was not scared or troubled by the incident, but they did say it didn't sound like any animal they had heard. The man and woman had been rock climbing in Colorado and other areas, and had heard big cats and elk. Neither of the latter matched the calls they heard on the 19th of October.

The next morning the couple tried to point to the direction they thought the calls came from, but they couldn't agree. She thought it came from the south, and he thought it came from the ridge to the north. They had camped near a stream, so they explored this area and the surrounding forest before they left but found no tracks or other evidence.

The couple live in Kansas, and they make a three or four day adventure out of their days off and occasionally travel to this area. They thought the encounter interesting and submitted a report.

Though the encounter dealt with sounds only, I find this report compelling and posted it as a Class B report because it is near the same road around which the BFRO and TBRC did a joint-outing last June. The area may be home to bigfoot, according to a previous witness that took us to an area near the same road the camp ground is located. A local hunter speculates that an unknown animal(s) may travel north of a highway going through this county. The highway runs parallel to a mountain range and river that would be excellent habitat for an unknown animal, and there are caves near this camp ground that an animal can use for shelter. As a matter of fact, the locals claim the caves are used by bears for dens. There is rich food sources including edible vegetation, aquatic food, and abundant game for an omnivorous animal to live on.

We plan another outing with the TBRC soon, and I will be sure to recon this area again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 am 

Quote:
Report # 8543 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, April 27, 2004. Turkey hunter has close encounter with bigfoot in Kiamichi Mountains

MONTH: April

DATE: 04/17/2004

NEAREST TOWN: Big Cedar, OK

OBSERVED: On April the 17th 2004 I was Turkey hunting in the Ouachita National Forest with my girl friend and my brother. I had crossed the creek that ran along side an old log road that headed up the mountain to the west, when I decided to hunt the creek bottom that afternoon. As I set up my Turkey blind and got settled in to do some hunting I blew one of my locater calls it was a screaming hawk. After sitting there for about 15 minutes I turned my head and noticed a burnt looking tree about 50 yards to my left. I raised my shotgun and looked at it with my scope when I realized what I was seeing was not a tree but a large creature like I have never seen before, it stood about eight feet tall, had charcoal dark color hair covering its entire body. [The hair] was about three inches long and coarse in appearance. It was watching me as well as I was watching it. Its eyes were reddish-brown in color, it had long arms and walked up right never taking its eyes off me, and I never took my eyes off of it. This thing was just looking at me as if it had been watching me for some time. This thing scared me pretty bad if you can give me a call I will give you more details. This thing is out there this is not a joke what I saw was Real! I have never been scared of anything in the woods but this thing was massive in size and I can say this thing scared me, and I have not been back in the woods before daylight since.

ALSO NOTICED: No

OTHER WITNESSES: Turkey hunting with girlfriend and brother.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, one week later my nephew and I heard scream of some kind of animal a very Big Animal!

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 5:15pm still good light weather was fair but front was on the way.

ENVIRONMENT: Rocky mountains. [Swampy very thick vegetation in creek bottom. Mountain to the east that creature may use for shelter or a travel path to the river].

This report was originally submitted to the Texas Bigfoot Research Center.

This is another witness that felt like they had to get the story off of their chest and just wanted to tell somebody about what happened to them. The witness has been all over and hunted this area of the Kiamichi Mountains. He mentioned that before this encounter happened he had met a logger who, while clear cutting an area south of his sighting had seen a Bigfoot.

The witness was hunting turkey from a blind about fifteen feet above a creek bottom. He used a screaming hawk call, and he believed this creature approached looking for what made the call. The witness saw a charcoal, grayish-black creature approximately fifty yards away. The creature saw the hunter and knew it was being watched. The witness knew right away the creature was real because the it locked its red eyes on him. The witness said he knew he wasn't supposed to be in this animal's territory; this was the feeling he got from the creature's stare. The two watched each other, which seemed like an eternity, then it turned and walked away, very much like the creature in the famous Patterson film. The witness thought the animal might have been trying to get downwind from him, since the wind was to the southwest. The witness felt the creature approached from the south of the creek, and left the same way. The witness was to the north of creek. The hunter felt the animal might have been in a sheltered area of thick underbrush.

Also, the witness feels that the creature went toward a mountainous area and followed part of a river. He also feels he may be able to lead a team of our members near this area.

DESCRIPTION: Looked very much like Patterson film creature. The eyes were red, not much white to them. The head was pointed/dome shaped. It appeared to be a very powerful, huge animal, perhaps over eight feet tall and 450 - 600 pounds. The bicep was long and the arm was long, to mid-thigh. It also had coarse hair like buffalo hide; the hair looked a little more red as it moved into the light. The face may have been a little lighter, but it may have been the smooth skin reflecting from the sun.

The witness smelled a musky smell, much like a fox den. The witness did not smell anything until the wind changed direction, but it was not an overpowering smell, but still strong.

On another occasion the witness heard a low growl that built to a high pitched scream that lasted for a minute to a minute and a half.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 am 

Quote:
Report # 8811 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, June 07, 2004. Footprints found near Honobia

MONTH: April

DATE: 2

LOCATION DETAILS: Just off of State Highway 144 one mile east of Honobia. The hill we camped on allowed us a picture perfect view of the small town.

NEAREST TOWN: Honobia

NEAREST ROAD: State Highway 144

OBSERVED: Having had the benefit of finding a footprint when I was 13, my interest in bigfoot has led me to privately research the subject for many years. Thanks to your website I have been able to concentrate much of my attention on Oklahoma, since it has many more reports than my native Kansas, which has not been updated. On that note, myself and some other interested participants traveled to Leflore County in SE Oklahoma in an attempt to find some evidence, since this area is a hotspot of reported activity.

Traveling to Honobia, we met a few of the inhabitants who were more than willing to provide us with information and possible locations where we might have some type of encounter. Please note that this is near the exact location that the Mysterious Encounters team filmed the Oklahoma Wildman episode. We too visited the house where they set up operations and noted how the previous occupants had left so abruptly that most of their possessions remained in the home, including a refrigerator full of spoiled food.

Having set up camp we proceeded to stay up until near dawn, occasionally playing the Sierra bigfoot vocalizations, and patroling the area. Nothing was seen or heard throughout the night.

The following day, while walking through the area, myself and one other located three full footprints and one potential track on a road leading up the hillside toward the top of the hill. While we did not apply plaster-of -paris to the tracks or accurately measure them, we did take photos. Using dollar bills as gauges to measure the length not only of the footprint, but also the stride between tracks, I would quite accurately estimate that the prints themselves were over sixteen inches long and the stride nearly five and a half feet. These tracks were located on a sloping road traveling upwards at nearly 40 degrees.

Also of note: I understand that many people will disregard such tracks as those of bears or other large animals, but we also took photos of bear tracks we found near the Little River located nearby. Anyone who has any idea of what animal tracks look like can tell the difference. They are not even close. These tracks were huge.

ALSO NOTICED: While walking along the road to the top of the hill, I periodically found piles of what could be described as scat, but they appeared more like cow manure, yet they were located on the road were there were no fences. However, on the top of the hill there were cattle, so I am assuming that it was cow manure. Yet that would mean that either they are allowed to free graze on rock roads were there is no grass or they are simply getting out of the fence and wandering the road.

OTHER WITNESSES: Four of us in all.

OTHER STORIES: From what I have read on your website it was obvious that there is something down in SE Oklahoma. Once we went there to scout out the area we talked to many of the locals and heard a few of their stories. Many have heard or seen something which they cannot describe or can only say that it is a bigfoot. What they have seen or heard is like nothing ever depicted in any zoological handbook.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Noon, with warm temperatures and sunny skies

ENVIRONMENT: Mainly pine forest and undegrowth, but extensive logging has cleared off many tops of the hillsides to make way for cattle. Numerous river bottoms and creeks cut through the hills with considerable and thick vegetation. Easy to get lost if you do not have any wood sense. Black bears are here in considerable numbers as well turkey, deer, other small animals. We were told that many locals have seen a large black panther skulking the woods.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

The witness stated that the footprints measured sixteen inches long by six inches wide. He was most impressed by the fact that the animal maintained a distance between steps of five and a half feet while going up a very steep slope.

The witness provided photos that he took of the footprints but they are not of enough detail to be published.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in bird and wildlife audio recording.

Stan has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:06 am 

Quote:
Report # 4532 (Class A)
Submitted by R. Roberts and A. Higgins on Tuesday, June 18, 2002. Small sasquatch seen in tree by hunter, near Big Cedar
YEAR: 2001

DATE: 27

LOCATION DETAILS: Withheld by request.

NEAREST ROAD: 259

OBSERVED: Primate observed from tree stand. The animal itself was in a tree.

ALSO NOTICED: No sounds were heard.

OTHER WITNESSES: One witness, hunting at the time of the observation.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 3:00 p.m. Good visibility.

ENVIRONMENT: Mature deciduous forest.

[Note: This sighting was submitted on behalf of the witness. The BFRO prefers, when possible, to receive written information directly from eyewitnesses. Barring a handful of exceptional cases from the past, reports are only posted after someone representing the BFRO has made direct contact with the witness(es).]

Investigators R. Roberts and A. Higgins spoke with J. H.; Roberts met with him in person. The witness is retired from the military and is currently a government employee. He described himself as a bigfoot skeptic (confirmed by others interviewed during the course of the investigation), at least until his sighting. While still perhaps unwilling to state unequivocally that he observed a sasquatch, J. H. was certain of what he saw and concluded, "All I know is that something is going on up there." The area in question is mountainous, rough and remote, accessible by ATV at best.

The following is a summary of his experience.

While sitting in a tree stand hunting deer, J. H. noted movement in a large tree about sixty yards north of his position (his stand faced west). Because of the black coloration, his initial thought was that a crow or some other large bird had landed. This momentary impression quickly evaporated as he realized the motions were those of an arm, not wings, belonging to an animal much larger than a crow.

The estimated height of the creature, which he was now sure represented a primate of some sort, was at least three to four feet. It was observed for about six seconds.

The animal most reminded him of a chimpanzee, but the color of the facial skin was dark brown; J. H. emphasized the absence of the distinctive pinkish face typical of chimps. The animal was standing erect on a branch about twelve feet or so above ground. J. H. said he could not see the feet or lower portions of the legs. The animal appeared to look at him, then turned and vanished into the foliage.

His sighting may well have been that of a young sasquatch.

About BFRO Investigator Roger Roberts:

Private Investigator with 29 years experience, former Special Operations, U.S. Army

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 am 

Quote:
Report # 3199 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, October 11, 2001. BFRO investigator hears loud footsteps and bipedal running
YEAR: 2001

DATE: 9/30/01 - 10/2/01

LOCATION DETAILS: Land owners request that no directions be given.

NEAREST TOWN: Octavia

NEAREST ROAD: HW 259

OBSERVED: The BFRO sponsored an expedition to investigate a series of reports of bigfoot related activity in Le Flore County, Oklahoma. I was part of the BFRO team undertaking the investigation. While walking down a remote access road at about 9:00 PM on Sunday, 30 September 2001, all three team members present heard a loud pop against a nearby tree trunk. A rock had been thrown with considerable force and had hit high up on the tree trunk. We heard the rock fall to the ground after hitting the tree. We stood and looked intently with night vision spot lights towards a mountain just north of us, but saw nothing unusual. Although this was the only rock throwing incident I experienced, other similar occurences were experienced by different team members over the next several days. The local land owners had reported repeated incidents like this and recently had to clean a bunch of fist size rocks from the roof of one of their buildings located at the foot of that same mountain.

Nothing out of the ordinary occurred at my location during the next night’s observations. On the third night, however, I had a startling experience. We had been broadcasting bigfoot vocalizations provided by the BFRO, hoping to hear vocal responses. I was stationed about a mile away from the broadcast site, up a major creek in the area. At 7:54 PM and again at 8:20 PM, I heard sounds similar to the ones we had been broadcasting. We had heard numerous owls and coyotes, etc., and I had studied recordings of common animal vocalizations so as not to mistake them for bigfoot related vocalizations. The two sets of calls that I heard were very distant, but definitely similar to the bigfoot vocalizations the BFRO has recorded near Lake Tahoe, California.

At 9:30 PM, we began our sound broadcasting protocol for the evening. Before dark, I had deployed a primate pheromone chip supplied by BFRO curator Dr. Greg Bambenek. I was sitting about 30 or 40 yards away from that chip in an elevated observation platform about 15 feet off the ground. Suddenly, at about 11:30 PM, I heard heavy foot falls in the brush to my east. They startled me because they sounded as if they were only 20 or 30 yards away and I did not hear them approach. The animal moved slowly north and south, pacing back and forth. I strained in my night vision equipment to see something, but all I saw was brush. This behavior went on and on. It was just pacing back and forth, moving very slowly. Occasionally I heard big sticks breaking under the foot falls. My mind began to race. Maybe it was a bear, or was it a sasquatch? I turned off my radio. I did not want a radio check with the creature only yards away.

I kept sweeping the area alternately with night vision equipment and then natural vision. I watched for brush movement to indicate the location of the creature, but could see none. This was very puzzling since the animal sounded so close. Occasionally it would walk directly toward me. It sounded so close I leaned out and looked directly under my platform because I thought it might have slipped up to the base of the tree I was in. It did this 3 or 4 times over the next two hours. As 1:30 AM approached (the time the last series of broadcasts were scheduled to begin), I made up my mind that I would radio the broadcast team and ask them to walk up and escort me out when the broadcasts were finished. I realized the radios might drive the animal away, but at that point I considered it a safety issue because all I knew was that some large mammal had been intently watching me for hours.

I was still not sure if I was dealing with a bear or a bigfoot. The steps had been so slow and deliberate that no cadence could be detected to determine whether it was 2 footed or 4 footed. While I was talking to the broadcast team, the animal moved slowly south and then I did not hear it anymore. I waited through the last set of broadcasts, and after the last one, the team called and said they were on the way up. I had heard nothing for about the last hour, so I figured the animal had moved off, but I was not sure where it was. The team made a couple of radio checks on their way to my location. They were flashing a laser light in the tree tops and kept asking if I could see it.

After one of these calls, I heard a loud "Plooorp" sound about 40 yards behind me and slightly to the west. My first thought was that a bear had rolled a large rock near the water’s edge. After a few seconds, I heard a more "splashy" "plooorp" sound followed immediately by foot falls racing down the water in the creek bed about 25 yds to my west. It raced past my location and up the stream about 30 yards, and then I heard nothing. There were about 12 splashing footsteps that sounded DEFINITELY BIPEDAL over a period of about 4 or 5 seconds. Upon later investigation in the daylight with BFRO curator R. N., we discovered that the creek bed was covered with boulders from 6" to 18" in diameter. The distance from the only pool deep enough to have been the source of the original sound to the place where the standing water ends was a distance of about 70 yds. I can offer no other suitable explanation for this event other than bigfoot. It covered more rough area quicker than anything I can conceive. The area was scouted in the daylight, but no tracks or other evidence was discovered.

The next night I climbed the very same tree, but had no unusual occurrences at all except a whinnying noise we had heard before and which we had concluded during the day to be a screech owl.

My sense of the situation is that the animal that walked around me may have been drawn to the area by the sound blasting, or that it may have simply happened by. Once in the area, it probably was stopped by the pheromone scent. It may have detected me while looking for the source of the pheromone scent. I also had the zip lock bag ( that had contained the chip ) on the platform with me. It was still quite pungent. The creature was obviously able to move stealthily since I did not hear it until it was very close. Maybe it made noise for so long trying to draw me down from my perch, who knows? Having departed to the south, it took up a position straight downwind of both me and the pheromone chip.

I made a serious mistake by picking a tree directly downwind from the chip. Perhaps if I had chosen a position 50 yds cross wind, I would not have been seen or scented. I would do it differently in the future. At any rate, this animal took up a position directly behind me, placing itself in my blind spot behind the tree I was in. It was also in my back track; maybe it hoped I would leave the same way I came. I think it waited there, still watching me, until it heard the team approaching it from behind. Then, having an unknown presence in front of it and behind it, it panicked and ran straight up the rocky creek bed where it would leave no tracks.

This behavior indicates an animal that is extremely intelligent, curious, and observant. It apparently had acute night vision. It also was not afraid of me, even after hearing radio communications, a very unnatural sound. I believe it was waiting for me to come by. There is the possibility that two different animals were involved, but that would not be my first guess.

Perhaps others will be able to draw more from these events. I submit this record with the hope that it will prove helpful to future efforts.

ALSO NOTICED: Vocalizations, rock throwing, and other bigfoot related activity had been reported in the area for a long time. Immediately after we left the area, the land owners noted a marked increase in rock throwing.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two for rock throwing incident. They were walking
an access road.

No other witnesses for the footfalls.

OTHER STORIES: The property owners have experienced vocalizations, rock throwing, and other unusual incidents that are unexplained by any known possible source.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was full dark with a full moon. The weather was clear and cool.

ENVIRONMENT: Although the moon was full, I was in a densely wooded creek bed between 2 steep grades on either side. Shadows were very dark. The creek bed was broad, 100 yards or so.

The investigator, an experienced hunter and outdoorsman, pastors a church in Alabama. He was part of a BFRO team assembled from six states.