Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) Montgomery County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am 
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 14
Quote:
Report # 4138 (Class A)
Submitted by witness R. G. on Monday, August 09, 1999. Two brothers have encounter while building house. (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1983

SEASON: Summer

STATE: Texas

COUNTY: Montgomery County

LOCATION DETAILS: These incidents occured in Montgomery county Texas between The Woodlands , Tex and Conroe,Tex off highway 1488 in a very rural and mostly empty subdvison.

OBSERVED: I had bought a lot in the subdvison of Westwood in 1983 and my brother and myself had been working to put up the walls on my house and had worked into the late evening and were useing gas camp lights to see by. My brother had been a logger in Washington State. He had come home with tells of bigfoot. But ofcourse no one in the family beleived him but me. I had had my own incounter years ago when I was in my teens on a hunting trip. So when the smell hit us brought by the slight wind our heads came up at the same time and my brother looked over at me and smiled. MY heart was thumping so hard I had to catch my breath. The smell was very bad like that of a bad potato. I walked out to the road where my car was with my rifle on the hood. As I stated we were in the middle of nowhere in a very empty part of the subevsison with swamp behind my property.We had tents set up near the road so we turned the lanterns off and just listened to the night sounds and heard the sounds of something very large moveing around us. The night went by quitely thought. But the next night was very scary. We had just put up our tools and turned the lanterns off. we sat out on the road in lawn chairs. it was very dark. My lot was on a cirle. It had been very quiet but about fifty yards to the side of us all hell broke loose there were at the least three very large animals began to scream and kakle and make a primemate type bableing. I got up and used the head light of my brothers motorbike to try to see them but when I moved they were gone and the night was very very still. We had many more enconters with them after that put mostly from a distance.They would check us out in the daylite from time to time. The one we were sure was a male would watch us from the pine trees about 250 yards away but we saw him good enough to see he was about eight feet tall very broad in the chest and had tall sloping forehead. Like I said we had many encouters with them but it is to long to go into here.

ALSO NOTICED: lots of screams, babeling, and bad oders,heavy crashing in the woods.

ENVIRONMENT: The environment was heavy pines and underbrush and swamp there was a deep creek running east and west about 500 yards to the north of the property.we were about three miles from the San Jacinto river.The land around the area was pines,swamps,and here and there subdvisions that were most new and undeveloped.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Montgomery County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am 

Quote:
Report # 10733 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, February 22, 2005. Hiker has daytime encounter in Sam Houston National Forest (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2002

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy105@Crockett Martin

NEAREST TOWN: Cut-N-Shoot

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 105

OBSERVED: Me and my family had moved to the Mongomery county area in October of 2001.In december I had noticed a old logging road leading into the Sam Houston National Forest from the sub-division which was still under development at the time.I haven't hiked since I was a teenager so I decided to see where this road went when weather permitted.In April 2002 I had taken some vacation time from work and one afternoon after mowing I thought I would go for a walk a routine I continued for several days going further down the road and deeper into the woods with each trek.I had seen evidence of deer, hog, squirrel and even bear in the area. On the sixth day I walked by an area that had springs on both sides of the trail which alternated sides every so often. I noticed on this trip there was no animal sounds or activety and I felt watched. So I stopped and surveyed my surroundings and to the east of me about 25yds in the thick underbrush something quite robust in size and dark in color seemed to be crouched between a couple of trees looking in my direction. I thought it was a large hog or maybe a bear so I turned south heading toward home and this creature moved along with me keeping a distance of approximately 15-30yds between us at all times. We continued this kind of cat and mouse routine for about 20-25 minutes. I stopped to releave myself. Then suddenly I don't know what possessed me to turn into the woods toward this creature. It stopped and crouched very low to the ground and remained perfectly still. I had gotten into about 10 yds. and I got wind of a strange odor I can't describe I heard a low gutteral growl coming from the creature's area. I could see it was very dark in color and almost lying in a prone position much like a sniper lining up a shot it and human like legs only very hairy I could make out thick arms and shoulders also covered with thick hair probibly no more 1-2" in length. It was down almost as if it was tring to hide it's face. I would estimate it to be no more than 6ft.tall.The hair on my neck stood up when I heard movement of something large moving in woods from accross the trail behind me. I moved quckly back onto the trail and it seemed I wasn't being followed so I slowed my pace, by this time I was about 100-125 yards from the point I had urinated I turned and saw this dark figure walk upright out of the east woods and stop at my puddle area it squatted for a few second then stood up and looked directly at me for a few more seconds. It head turned abruptly toward the west woods and much larger dark being came slightly into view they both watched me as I back peddled watching them for another dozen or so yards when I decide home was the best place to be and ran off.

ALSO NOTICED: Over the next three years of living in that area I would often feel being watched when I was outdoors.Loud crashing sounds from the woods.Times of no animal actiity at allMy dogs growling fearfuly towards the woods.Occasional chattering and screams.Foul odors.Sticks and debris coming from the woods And even eyeshine one evening about 8ft.from the ground.Neighbor at the time said she heard grunts and groans some nights and her dog would shake.

OTHER WITNESSES: none

OTHER STORIES: none

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2-4pm clear sunny warm

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness told me that his first impression upon having the encounter was "bear or hog." He was originally from the eastern U.S. and had seen bears before. However, after just a little time had transpired, he realized that he was not encountering a bear or a hog, but something much more unique.

The witness had the impression after hearing a very large animal moving through the woods that he had perhaps seen a younger animal and then a much more mature and larger animal appeared.

Although the witness, a combat veteran, felt some fear, he did not feel threatened when he first encountered the smaller animal. It was not until he heard the crashing through the woods of a large animal, presumably the larger animal he later saw emerge from the woods, that he began to be genuinely frightened.

The witness had wondered before his encounter whether or not sasquatch-like animals actually existed. After his encounter with these two strange animals, he became convinced that sasquatch-like creatures are indeed no myth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 am 

Quote:
Report # 11543 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, May 02, 2005. While riding horse, man has mid-day sighting (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2003

MONTH: July

LOCATION DETAILS: Small ponds scattered through out the hunting lease.

NEAREST TOWN: Cut-n-Shoot

NEAREST ROAD: N. Walker Rd. that crosses F.M. 105

OBSERVED: Well in my case just a visual sighting. I was a good distance away so I didnt hear any sounds.

In the summer of 2003 I had an experience that will for ever be burned in the front of my mind. I was with some family members and a friend, we had went horse back riding on a hunting lease that was not in use due to summertime.

We was riding on the dirt roads crossing through-out the lease, when we came to then end of a road. We then started back the way we had just rode. About quarter to a half mile back I had stopped to look at a dead coral snake I hadnt noticed on the way to the dead end. I was facing towards the dead end, when for some reason I looked up towards the dead end. When from outa no-where a very large animal (creature) cleared the width of the road from left to right with about 15 ft from one edge of the brush line to the other. It was completely covered in hair that was redish-brown in color. I turned to the other riders and asked if they had just seen that. They wasnt turned around like I was and was riding in the opposite direction. I told them I just had seen a bigfoot but they tried to explain it away as a cow or deer. I have never seen a cow clear that much distance even at a dead run, I know deer can but this animal (creature) was upright and I could clearly see the motion of the arms like it had made a running jump.

I kinda got the feeling it was tracking us threw the woods or that when I had looked towards the dead end road that we had just went down that something was watching us. I cant explain why I looked up at that particular moment.

ALSO NOTICED: Well I didnt live in that area I lived in New Caney but was over alot due to my sister and my horse lived on N. Walker R.d. So honestly I had never heard anything previously.

OTHER STORIES: Spooked horses and a terible smell. I have also ridin there on other occasions where I could smell a fowl oder like a wet deer mixed with a dead animal. My neace and her friend was riding once and somthing had spooked the horses and ran back to the house. Both girls where thrown from the horses and they were left walking back to the
house.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 12:00 noon. Clear and sunny day.

ENVIRONMENT: Wooded area but on a well cleared dirt road.

I talked to the witness about his sighting. He was adamant about what he saw. I asked him to estimate the distance at which he saw the animal. He basically told me that he was not good at distances, but if he had to guess, it was no closer than a "football field."

The witness remembered seeing the "legs splayed" apart and remembered seeing how the arms were displayed in an outward manner. The sighting happened quickly, but the witness was confident that he saw no deer or any other quadrupedal animal. The creature that he saw, as he recalled, was not leaning forward in the least, and appeared to him to be completely erect in posture. Because of distance, it was difficult for the witness to ascertain height, but the animal was "at least as tall as a man."

Others in his party attempted to convince him otherwise, but the witness remains to this day steadfast in his conviction that he saw a sasquatch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:21 am 

Quote:
Report # 9627 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, October 27, 2004. Hunter hears strange chattering and finds tracks in Sam Houston National Forest (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: Nov 2003; Oct 2004

LOCATION DETAILS: Little Lake Creek Wilderness Area, Sam Houston National Forest.

NEAREST TOWN: New Waverly, TX

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 1375

OBSERVED: Deer hunting in the Sam Houston National Forest last November (2003). Near dark, I heard what sounded like a large limb or small tree snap. I listened, but heard nothing further. Next day, I returned before sun-up, and spent the day hunting the area. Late afternoon, I hid in a clump of small trees near the edge of the field. As darkness fell, I heard a mumbling sound, like someone was whispering. No words could be made out, although individual syllables were definately distinguishable. The sound was coming from the thick woods and sounded maybe 300 yards distant. Sounded quite human, but carried far better than I would think human whispering would. Most syllables seemed to start with "s" sounds. I listened for a while, then said "who's there?" No reply, and silence for maybe 10 minutes. Then the chattering resumed. The source of the sounds seemed to move around, but I took it to be one critter, changing location. It was very dark by now, and I turned on my flashlight and moved into the woods to try to see what was making the sounds. As I walked, the source of the chattering seemed to maintain it's distance. I spotted a "hair" on a sapling bent over the game trail that I was following. It (the "hair") was later analyzed by a competent scientist and determined to be of plant origin. As I walked, I realized that I would have to be within 10 or 20 yards of something to see it. Not likely, so I reversed direction and left for the night. No odors were noticed.

I have returned to the location many times since, and found nothing. That is until a few weeks ago, and almost a year after my first "encounter".

October, 2004, same location:
Bow hunting, I spotted a few does on the way in, but could not get a clear shot. I passed. Later, kicked up something, but had no visual contact (probably a deer). Near dark, I decided to walk the fire trail quietly. A few hundred yards in, I found a somewhat human shaped footprint along the side of the firetrail. It was the same length as my size 12 EEE boot [14 inches], but quite a bit wider at the "toe" end. The "toes" also seemed to end rather evenly, and not the arched, rounded look of a human track. As I photographed, I noticed an odor, mild at first, and quickly becoming quite powerful. I would describe it as complex, layered. The predominant odor was of sour sweat. I could also smell decaying flesh, and a musky undertone. I finished photographing the best track (there were several other "impressions"), and photographed the woods directly behind me, from where I felt the odor eminated. I slowly and quietly walked back to my truck (20 minutes), and set my bow in the bed of the pickup as I retreived my keys from my pocket. It was completely dark by now, and overcast. Something growled at me. It was close, maybe 25 yards. The growl lasted between 1 and 2 seconds. I waited a good 5 minutes staring at the woods where the growl came from, then reached to my flashlight and turned it on. Nothing. The woods are incredibly thick here, and I could hide from someone easily in there. I had at least expected to see eye-shine. I keep plaster in my truck after the former incident, last November. Although I was entertaining the thought of going back in to make a casting, the growl made me think better of it. Had I been carrying my sidearm or a rifle, I would have done so, but not with a bow in complete darkness. That growl, while not loud, sounded serious. I headed out to develop the film, then home.

ALSO NOTICED: Nothing

OTHER WITNESSES: no

OTHER STORIES: no

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Near dark, overcast but no rain.

ENVIRONMENT: Typical East Texas Thicket. A field and a fire trail. Very thick woods. Small streams nearby.

The witness and I have discussed the series of events described in the report. During my conversations with him, the witness described the growling sound that he heard as being much deeper and "bigger" sounding than if it had come from a hog. The witness told me that he was raised around hogs and the sound was not like a hog in anyway.

The tracks were 14 inches in length:

The witness reported an overpowering smell like "sour sweat" coming from this area:

The witness heard "chatter" from this area:

This type of thicket is typical of the East Texas forests:

The witness and I will further investigate the site and surrounding area in the very near future. Any necessary updates will be added here.

UPDATE:

The BFRO and the TBRC have conducted field studies in this area with some interesting results. To read the reports, click here and here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:22 am 

Quote:
Report # 9869 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, November 26, 2004. Man has night encounter at home just outside Sam Houston National Forest (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2004

MONTH: November

DATE: 23

NEAREST TOWN: Willis

NEAREST ROAD: Countyline Road

OBSERVED: After storm, power went out, so I got flashlight, rubber boots and poncho on to walk the powerline up to main road. We had alot of lightening during storm, so wanted to check lines for damage. I walked the line up to main road and found a place that lightening hit, so was walking back to house up drive. By the way, I live on 47 acres so the drive is long and winding to the house. I came around bend towards house and looked up and noticed two white dots. I thought they were lights from power company, working on lines, but as I got closer I noticed them blink. I got a little nervous, so I kept flashlight on them. At first I thought it was a deer then realized they were way to high to be deer. As I got closer I guessed they were about 6 to 8 ft. off ground. They blinked again and the air had an iron musky smell. When I shined the light again in the direction I noticed a dark figure, big and bulky [it was] hard to tell because the flashlite wasn't very bright. But it blinked again, I ran and fell in mud. I got back up and shined lite and eyes were gone, but could hear it moving thru treeline next to me. I couldn't run fast enough to the house. I ran in and locked the door. Everyone in house never saw the look I had on my face before, was scared and I don't scare easy. We went back out in a bit and I got my Qbeam out and panned the tree line till I was beside the house and they hollered stop, LOOK and there were the eyes again beside the house in woods. Couldn't see whole thing because it was behind the trees, just eyes blinking in the bright light. Then it ran off, deeper in woods and we heard a throaty howl.

ALSO NOTICED: We went out the next night and found where I saw eyes and found 2 what looks like foot prints and what looks like knuckle prints like it was crouched down. Maybe it was and heard me walking up and stood when I saw its eyes in flashlite.

OTHER WITNESSES: Girfriend saw eyes when we went back out.

OTHER STORIES: We hear grunting howling noises every once in a while at night. We hear howls and throaty moans, late at night. Our dog sleeps outside, but sometimes I get woke up with her scratching door hard like she's scared wanting in.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10:30 pm. Just after major storm.

ENVIRONMENT: Heavily wooded, backing the [Sam Houston] National Forest.

I talked to the witness and his girlfriend about the encounter which happened on 23 November 2004. The night after his encounter, KTRK ABC-13 of Houston ran a feature about bigfoot in Texas. The witness was amazed and contacted the TBRC about what had happened to him.

The witness saw eyeshine and a silhouette of a large, upright, human-like form in the light of his very low-powered flashlight. A human can be ruled out with absolute certainty because humans have absolutely no eyeshine when illuminated by lights at night. The witness's girlfriend also saw the eyes when the two returned outside later. At that time, it appeared to the witnesses that the animal was perhaps peering from behind a tree, still occasionally blinking. The animal's eyes changed from the light-whitish color to red as the reflection of the light was changed due to the animal apparently altering the angle at which it was viewing the witnesses.

The witness stated that he has heard strange vocalizations at night from time to time, but never really paid much attention to them. After his encounter, he is much more cognizant of sounds coming from the woods that surround the property on which he lives. The Sam Houston National Forest is very close, with one other private property as a buffer between the witness's home and the national forest.

BFRO and TBRC researchers may scout his property soon when we return to the area to conduct extended overnight studies of Montgomery, Walker, San Jacinto and Liberty counties and the Sam Houston National Forest with the express permission of the U.S. Forestry Service. The area has generated numerous reports and besides the Sabine River Basin, may well have the highest concentration of sasquatches in Texas.

UPDATE:

The BFRO and the TBRC have conducted field studies in this area with some interesting results. To read the reports, click here and here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 am 

Quote:
Report # 12858 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, October 20, 2005. Possible vocalization heard near Woodlands Parkway (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2005

MONTH: October

DATE: 18

LOCATION DETAILS: There is a back entrence in to The Woodlands in this area and it is not developed. That is where it was coming from.

NEAREST TOWN: The Woodlands / Sping Texas

NEAREST ROAD: Degas Park-Branch Crossing-Woodlands Parkway

OBSERVED: The Woodlands, Texas
October 18th about 12:30 am to 1 am at least.

I live in a newer subdivision but are surrounded by dense forest.

I take my dogs on walks late at night very often.

I heard a noise somwhat of a call that I could not identify.

I new it was coming from a larger animal in the distance. It could hear it clearly.

It is the exact same Whooping noise that was in the 1974 recording. I did not hear any knocking but the Whooping was the same.

Now that I have a idea of what it may be, I will see about recording it. Hopefully I hear it again.

OTHER WITNESSES: No, just my dogs. My wife was up, but I did not mention it to her until the next day.

I was running it throgh my head on what it was.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Very nice late summer evening

ENVIRONMENT: Dense forest, but I only heard it.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Doug Ratliff:

I spoke with the witness on the phone for five to ten minutes. He recounted the experience of hearing the vocalization. He said his dogs did not react to it, but that it was a good ways away.

He said the area is being developed quickly and that the woods are disappearing.

He seemed very sincere and wanted the vocalization to be documented. He said it was similar to the vocalization he heard on the web site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:24 am 

Quote:
Report # 14795 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Bo Rodman on Wednesday, May 31, 2006. Print found in Sam Houston National Forest along Lone Star Hiking Trail (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2006

MONTH: April

LOCATION DETAILS: Richards Loop of the Lone Star Hiking Trail

NEAREST TOWN: Montgomery

OBSERVED: My dad and I were walking on the Lone Star Hiking trail loop, in Sam Houston National Forest. We were on the loop back towards to the car. There had been forest fires in the region and there were soft ash spots all around.

We had just taken a brake and then were off again. We were stepping over a log when I noticed what looked like a footprint in the ash.

We looked at it and it was definitely a barefoot foot. You could see the outlines of toes. And having done research before hand I know in ape footprints there is an arch in the middle, which this print did have. To make sure it wasn’t just a harder spot I touched it and it was as soft as the rest so there is no other explanation for why that was there.

We looked around for other prints. We didn’t find any. But all the ground around it was harder and not ash, so it would have been hard to make an impression. I jumped on it and no impressions were made I weight around 205lbs.

The print wasn’t huge but it was bigger than my foot which is 13 1/2 - 4E (4E-widest size foot).

I was convinced it was not human because no one would be walking around barefoot, and mainly because of that arch.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 - resting during walk

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Day around 11:00 A.M.

ENVIRONMENT: foresty very woodsy, pines

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Doug Ratliff:

I spoke with Bo on the phone for ten minutes or so. He seemed very genuine and sincere.

The Lone Star Hiking Trail is a 140 mile long trail through the Sam Houston National Forest, broken into several segments. Bo identified the Richards Loop as the segment that he and his father were on.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 45616 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, June 26, 2014.
Observation of a tall figure in a meadow while driving outside New Caney at dawn
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2014

MONTH: June

DATE: Sunday, 22

LOCATION DETAILS: Highway 59 north, 1485 New Caney exit. Turn east on 1485 to Firetower Rd. Between 1485 and 242 on Firetower Rd.

NEAREST TOWN: New Caney, Tx.

NEAREST ROAD: Firetower Rd.

OBSERVED: On June 22,2014 at approximately 06:10, I witnessed what could only be described as a large male sasquatch. I was on my way to my work yard in New Caney Texas. It was very cloudy that morning with heavy dew rising. I was driving the speed limit 35mph looking for local wildlife like I do every morning. I might add this area is thickly wooded, but also is dotted with many homes. The area is also close to the river. I noticed a very tall shadowy figure approaching a group of cows with a calf. It was at least 8 to 9' tall and about 48 to 50" wide at the shoulders. I slowed down as much as possible. It saw my brake lights and turned to look at me. I am a good judge of distance for I am a bow hunter and I estimated it to be 45 to 50 yards away. It had a long sloping forehead and very defined brow ridge. I could not tell what color its hair was but I noticed a long beard and its arms hung down to almost his knees. I struggled to get my phone out to take a picture by the time I got it out it turned and walked into the woods. I think it might have been going for the calf. There are many water sources in that area and abundant wildlife in those woods.

ALSO NOTICED: none

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me

OTHER STORIES: I have heard that there have been many sightings in the Big Thicket and in the Sam Houston National Forest which this area is a part of.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 06:10hrs, low light cloudy, heavy dew rising.

ENVIRONMENT: It was a cleared out pine forest that was turned into pasture for cows. Very close to a major river water source, the San Jacinto river. Many stock ponds and private ponds.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Michael Janakes:

I reached the witness via phone on the evening of 7/2/2014, a little over two weeks after the sighting. The details were very fresh in his mind.

The witness was driving to work at 610am on the morning of the sighting. The area is heavily forested, the treeline beginning typically 10 feet from the roadway. Most of the area is private land, the forest is dotted with occasional houses and meadows.

It was cloudy, but there was ample light from the sunrise behind the clouds. It had been raining heavily for several straight days prior, but was not on this morning. It was in the high 70's and very humid (very typical for this region at this time of year), which resulted in a visible "dew rise", or ground fog. The witness had his headlights on.

The witness drives a new Ford F-150 truck with an EcoBoost engine - witness says it is a very quiet engine and may, in combination with the dew rise, have attributed to the Sasquatch not hearing him coming.

As the witness approached a clearing, he noted several cows grazing in a fenced meadow adjacent to the road 150 feet from him. Right away he say a huge figure standing amongst the cows, seeming moving towards a calf. The figure did not make any indication it noticed the witness' truck coming. The witness says he calmly slowed the truck to a stop even with the creature, looking at it out of his open window.

The witness works with an enormous man - he stands 6'8" and weighs 500lbs. The witness says the creature stood at least one full foot taller (approx. 8ft) and weighed at a minimum 100lbs more.

He said the creature stood entirely upright and was not crouching or bent over. The creature's hands were straight down, hanging to about its knees. He describes the creature's hands as huge, "large enough to palm a watermelon". The witness assumed the creature was male due to its enormous size and lack of female anatomy.

He described the head as huge, with a sloping forehead and a broad, pronounced brow. Nothing particular was mentioned about the eyes. He said there was no visible neck, just head atop massive shoulders. He said the creature was almost entirely one dark color - like blackish - and very hairy. He said the only area that was not covered in thick black hair was the chest area... he said that area was either a lighter color hair or the hair was thinner, exposing more skin; he could not make out which for certain.

A unique observation was that the creature had a distinct beard. It was the same color as the rest of the hair, started just below the cheeks and extended to the chest area. He described it as very distinct and scraggly.

He said the creature seemed to notice him when he applied the brakes. The witness feels the creature saw the bright LED brake lights. It watched the witness as he pulled to a stop, then calmly turned and walked back in the other direction. The witness made a point of saying it walked calmly, did not run, in casual, long strides. It walked near a farm house and disappeared into the woods behind it without turning around again.

Interestingly, the cows never seemed alarmed or afraid.

The witness was unable to follow on foot because it was private property clearly marked as no trespass.

The sighting area described as being surrounded by ripe, seeding, wild sunflower plants. After a brief time, the witness drove the short distance to work, but said he didn't tell his coworkers as "things like this might be embarrassing".

The witness was very confident about what he saw, remained consistent as he recounted his story several times, and sounds very credible. He travels to oil rigs for months at a time for work and is about to leave. He has agreed to meet me at the location for a follow up investigation when he returns. I will post a follow up at that time.

About BFRO Investigator Michael Janakes:

Mike was born & raised in Northern California, but now resides in the Houston, Texas area. An avid outdoorsman, camper, boater & off-road Jeeper, he has had a life-long interest in Bigfoot. Educated at the University of Nevada (Political Science, with honors in English), he is the President of a large accounts receivables management company. Proud father of two, his hobbies include fishing, hiking, and cheering on his hometown San Francisco sports teams. He has participated in many private expeditions, the very active 2012 BFRO Eastern Texas Expedition, as well as the 2013 BFRO Kentucky Expedition, and has co-hosted both 2014 East Texas Expeditions.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:52 am 

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 50643 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, January 5, 2016.
Camper hears possible wood knock and distant reply in the Sam Houston National Forest
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2016

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 4

NEAREST TOWN: Richards, Texas

NEAREST ROAD: Texas State Highway 149

OBSERVED: On Monday, January 4, 2016, at 6 a.m., I was backcountry camping with a friend in the Sam Houston National Forest. We had made camp near an unnamed pond west of the Hiking Trail.

The night was clear, 35 degrees, and perfectly still. My friend and I were hammock camping and, because of the cold, were both under low-staked tarps that prevented us from seeing out. Our hammocks were about 15 yards apart.

At 6 a.m. it was still completely dark. I had been awake for about 15 minutes but remained in my sleeping bag inside my hammock. At that point I heard a sharp clack perhaps 75 yards on the other side of my friend. Two seconds later I heard a double-knock much farther away, perhaps a ½ mile to the north or northwest.

The first pop was crisp and close. To my ears it had to be either rock on rock or wood on wood. As there is nothing in that area but sandy soil and trees, my conclusion was that this was a well-struck tree knock followed by a distant response. To the best of our knowledge there were no other people in the vicinity. We had arrived at the trail head to begin our one-night backpacking trip at 2 p.m. the previous afternoon, and we had only seen one other party of hikers, who passed our camp at 4:30 Sunday afternoon and continued eastward on the trail; we saw no one else during the entire trip, which ended when we arrived back at the parking lot at 11:30 a.m. Monday morning.

Had it been windy I could have written the sounds off to cracking limbs, but there was not the slightest breeze, and the two sounds appeared to me to be a clear call and response, perhaps: “Humans over here" … "Roger that.”

After the sounds, I froze and listened hard for several minutes for any other noise such as footfalls, stick breaks or other evidence of visitors but heard none. Within five minutes I asked my friend if he had heard it and he had not, having his ears covered by his cap and his head inside his sleeping bag at the time. Within 15 minutes we both were asleep again. We awoke for good at about 7:20 a.m. and vacated the area at 10 a.m. We heard distant coyotes, dogs, ducks, and owls, but no other such sounds during our stay.

The absence of footfalls or other noises initially made me think it must have not been a sasquatch, but on reflection, the visitor could easily have frozen in his spot when he discovered our camp and then moved slowly away, perhaps using fallen logs, 15 minutes later once we were back to sleep.

Considering the stillness of the night, the crisp, unambiguous clack, and the quick double-knock response, I can think of no other cause for these sounds.

ALSO NOTICED: A mile or more west on the trail, we found a small green plastic box strung up below a branch about nine feet off the ground with what appeared to be peanut butter smeared on the outside. A thin rope held it in place and then ran down the trunk and was tied off low so as to allow someone to lower the bait.

OTHER WITNESSES: No other witnesses

OTHER STORIES: Many sightings in Sam Houston National Forest as in all of East Texas

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 6 a.m., clear skies, predawn, moon low in the east

ENVIRONMENT: Loblolly pine forest with a small pond nearby and a web-like network of seasonal drainages

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Michael Janakes:

I spoke with the witness on the afternoon of 6/15/16 about his encounter. While there is no way to tell for sure whether or not the tree knocks were from a Bigfoot, there are other parts to this story that make me believe it likely was.

First, there is report on another website that describes a Class A encounter on the same day, made by an unrelated person, about an hour later, just a mile or so from this encounter. While I was not involved in the investigation from the other site, it reads as credible.

Second, this report was from an area just a mile or so from the site of the BFRO Texas Expedition October 2015. One whole team of participants on that Expedition had a Class A sighting very near to where this event occurred. In short, there has been a lot of reported activity in this part of the forest.

Lastly, unlike some areas, wood knocks are very common in East Texas forests. Heard and reported all the time, signs point to wood knocks as being a communication tool used by Bigfoots - perhaps because the forests of SE Texas are relatively flat and the wood knock sound travels farther.

The witness intends to continue hiking in the same forest and promises to update us on any further observations.

About BFRO Investigator Michael Janakes:

Mike was born & raised in Northern California, but now resides in the Houston, Texas area. An avid outdoorsman, camper, boater & off-road Jeeper, he has had a life-long interest in Bigfoot. Educated at the University of Nevada (Political Science, with honors in English), he is the President of a large accounts receivables management company. Proud father of two, his hobbies include fishing, hiking, and cheering on his hometown San Francisco sports teams. He has participated in many private expeditions, the very active 2012 BFRO Eastern Texas Expedition, as well as the 2013 BFRO Kentucky Expedition, and has co-hosted both 2014 East Texas Expeditions.

Profile Personal album